Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Third Issue - October 9, 2013

Go down

Third Issue - October 9, 2013 Empty Third Issue - October 9, 2013

Post by Aurora Lightsune Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Station Square Times
Nuntiantes in nova nuntia referens, singulis hebdomadis!
10 Rings
Issue 3, Vol. 1

The Greatest Journey of All Time?

The tournament concept mentioned in the past issue has become something grander - a cause.  An RP intended to span much of space-time and weave many threads into one cohesive story.  Characters will be grouped by author RP preferences to help the many threads work more smoothly.  The mission, apparently, is to rescue things held dear to the participants while also gaining their own freedom from the sudden dark shadow that has appeared over the visible story universe.

There's one issue with this grand intention: it hasn't started yet.  When asked, administrator and this RP's chief author Burning-Fox said that he would start the RP "When [he has] the chance."  While the forum waits in daily routine, two questions remain.  One, what should we expect?  Only hints from the planning and a brief snapshot show just what the RPers are up against.  Two, will we ever get there?  As said, the forum watches and waits.  More details as they emerge.

Halloween Preparation - Through RP

All Hallows' Eve will be upon us in a matter of weeks.  How does forum membership respond?  Bringing candy?  Painting the site in the white-orange-yellow of candy corn, the red of blood and fire, and the black of darkness?  Wiring up elaborate displays?  So far, none of these.  Instead SRN does what it does best - roleplays.  The spirit of spook is getting an elaborate set-up in this RP, where wearing a costume may just be the death of you...or the un-death depending on the costume.  As more preparations are made for the festival, the SST will bring you the news.

Interview with Boubka the Fox
Interview by SST Editor Quiet Light

Quiet Light: Greetings, readers. This is Quiet Light, coming to you from the Station Square Times, and today our interviewee is SRN member Boubka the Fox. How are you today, Boubka?
Boubka the Fox: I feel great! The sun is shining and I'm gonna be interviewed by the famous Quiet Light.
Light: ...famous? I'd hardly say 'famous', but if you say so.
Boubka: Hehe. I'm just being nice to you. Giving compliments is a good way to be nice.
Light: Well, thanks. How are you preparing for the upcoming festival of Halloween?
Boubka: I'm not preparing. I don't really like holidays and in our village, nobody does trick or treat. The only thing that's a bit halloweeny, is the movies that are up that night.
Light: Ah. Not going to do anything about it in the forum, either?
Boubka: If there's an interesting RP going on, I'm totally in! So I think I'll do something special on the forum.
Light: All right.  So, I knew that our past two interviewees were known around the forum for something. What are you known for?
Boubka: What I'm known for? I don't really know. I think I'm the student here, learning how to roleplay, watching others.  And I'm known for my awesomeness of course!
*Boubka grabs some chocolate.
Boubka: Do you want some too?
Light: Heh. Okay. Are you familiar with the major RP that's in construction?
Light: Maybe after the interview.
Boubka: I heard some things about it, but I'm not gonna RP in it. Mainly because I'm bad at RPing with long sentences, and I don't want to ruin the fun for others.
Light: So if you're learning about how to RP better, when would you take part in a major RP like that?
Boubka: If my grammar is better and when I'm a bit older, and less annoying. And when I get better starts.  CUZ I HATE STARTS!
Light: Hope that it gets better, then. Before we end, do you have any ideas on what the forum might do better?
Boubka: More chatboxes maybe? I don't really know. This site is great already.
Light: Any last words?
Boubka: Quiet, thank you for interviewing me. Readers, great that you took the time to read this. And everyone, have fun with your RP's. Tot de volgende keer! (translation: See you next time!)

Image of the Week

Even heroes and anti-heroes still get bored sometimes.  Mutually assured trickery follows.  I'm not sure how anyone will miss the eye color, but mistakes have been made.
Third Issue - October 9, 2013 When_they_get_bored____redone_by_shadobabe-d2ma5l9
Credit to DeviantArt user ShadOBabe.

RP Tip of the Week

"You really have to feel your character.  If you can't do that, you can't make a good RP."
- Boubka the Fox

Letters to the Editor

No letters this week.  Feel free to contact the editor, whose information can be found at the bottom of the sheet.  Post here, or send a message in if you prefer to remain anonymous.

Introductions

This section notes any users who have recently entered and written introduction threads within the past week.
Unfortunately, right now there aren't any.  Be sure to spread the word about SRN!
In conjunction with this section, a birthday-celebration section will open in two issues.

Have ideas for the RP tip or the weekly picture, or an anonymous letter?  Send the editor a message!
Aurora Lightsune
Aurora Lightsune
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down