Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just your friendly neighborhood Flaros~

+3
Sol
Blazingshadows
Flaros
7 posters

Go down

Just your friendly neighborhood Flaros~ Empty Just your friendly neighborhood Flaros~

Post by Flaros Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:11 am

Hey Guys and Gals,

The name's Flaros~ I used to be a part of a Sonic Role Playing forum quite some time ago and I truly miss the experience. This forum in particular truly caught my attention and I look forward to spending some real quality time here. Maybe make new fond memories like I had from a past Role Play.

I realize at present (June 15th) I don't have an Avatar, Signature or anything basic like that. I'll be working over the next couple of days to get a few images of my character drawn in painstaking detail (I'd like to have several in my character's profile to show off his outfits, gear and other stuff). I'll also be spending that time flushing out a really solid back story and hopefully add a truly dynamic character to the Role Play that people would want to spend time with.

I look forward to being able to interact with all of you, this truly seems like an awesome place. As the description says, I may be new to this forum but Role Playing is a passion of mine. I also enjoy drawing, writing, making short films, anything that I can do to artistically express myself is something I absolutely love doing. On top of that I also adore taking my motorcycle out for a spin, there's very little that makes me feel more alive.

I'm big into video games as well, Sonic the Hedgehog games being some of the ones I enjoy. I'm a huge fan of Shadow of the Colossus, Final Fantasy VI (6), the Persona series, the Disgaea series, just so many different games that I could spend hours rattling off that I have a blast playing.

Music is another truly large passion of mine. I listen to music on a daily basis and am really big into Hardcore Punk, Hardcore Metal, and so forth. The loud growling, screaming and beautifully sung stuff mixed together that really just makes me want to head bang, jump up and down and act crazy. Music also influences the way I dress (and will impact my character) and so if anyone were to see me on the streets they would be greeted by the friendliest Punk Rocker around. Hahahah.

Hopefully I'll be welcomed to the forum with open arms despite not being active in any Sonic the Hedgehog Role Play community for some time. I absolutely can't wait to see you all on the forums and really am anxious for some good times with everyone! Very Happy

Feel free to ask me anything! I'd love to talk to you all and give you some more insight into who I am and what I'm all about if I haven't covered it here. I'm definitely an open book and genuinely want to make some good friends here (plus I'd like to think I'm a pretty unique guy, hahahah). So please, feel free to ask away.

Warmest Regards!
Flaros
Flaros

Back to top Go down

Just your friendly neighborhood Flaros~ Empty Re: Just your friendly neighborhood Flaros~

Post by Blazingshadows Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:18 am

Dang, you sound a lot like me.  Minus the motorcycle part.

Anyway, I'm Blazing.  The local young person.  As you can tell I love music as well *looks to avatar*, just maybe more R&B than screaming stuff.  

I hope you have a lot of fun here, and you sound like a great person to meet!
Blazingshadows
Blazingshadows
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Just your friendly neighborhood Flaros~ Empty Re: Just your friendly neighborhood Flaros~

Post by Flaros Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:29 am

Hello Blazing!

I'm surprised I got such a nice welcome already. That just goes to show how awesome this community is. I had a hunch it was going to be great but this helps seal the deal.

I dare say I hope I get the chance to Role Play with you first, being that we have so much in common I think we could have a lot of fun for sure. Once I get my character up and running of course. I wanna make sure I get everything spot on and such~

R&B is great too! There was actually a Hardcore R&B band I listened to back before the lead vocalist left. It was called Dance Gavin Dance. Their lead vocalist sings with incredible R&B soul, and their backup vocalist does some screaming. Plus all the guitars sound like a solo in every song. It's great stuff!

If you ever get the chance, you might wanna check out their old stuff. Such as "And I told them I invented Times New Roman". Jonny Craig (the R&B singer) went on to do a solo project and join a band called Emarosa. It's really cool stuff for sure, you might just dig it. A blend of the stuff we both like!

Thank you so much for your compliment. I honestly hope others feel the same way. You're a very kind person and I'd be honored to get to know you as well, Blazing.
Flaros
Flaros

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazingshadows Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:37 am

Well, now I'm a fan!  I forgot to say I'm into hardcore stuff like that as well, but I guess I'm more of a sad song person.  

You sound like an awesome person, so I hope I do get to know you soon!
Blazingshadows
Blazingshadows
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sol Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:18 am

Holy shit, look at that post. 
You sir, look to be a great role player. You may enjoy the Paragraph rp's section quite a bit.
I'm Sol. Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the place.

Though I do have to ask. Fan of only FFVI or do you like the series as a whole?

Sol
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Flaros Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:24 am

Hey Sol!

Thanks for the welcome! Is your character / user name a reference to Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear by chance? Long shot but I had to ask. Hahah.

Yes I do indeed enjoy writing lengthy and very detailed posts. So I think I'll find a nice home in the paragraph section. I've done several attempts at writing novels so I can be very wordy and verbose with my relatively exceptional vocabulary. I'm totally stoked to Role Play there too. Heheh.

My favorite games in the series are Final Fantasy VI foremost, then probably Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy VIII, and Final Fantasy IX. I can't say I've been a fan of the newer games. My least favorite has to be Final Fantasy VII because of the over-hype and Square milking the cash cow. Though I am actually quite looking forward to Final Fantasy versus XIII or should I say, Final Fantasy XV. I'm very picky about my RPGs. Hahah.
Flaros
Flaros

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Lightsune Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:53 am

Woah, long-post.  Well, consider me impressed.

I am Light (no reference), or as often Jayne (again, no reference save the characters I author), and help keep up the Chatbox as well as offering listening and advice to any who ask.

Interestingly enough, I'm also an author and aspiring novelist, as well as the editor and chief writer of our forum newspaper, which at present is stalled due to lack of news and input.  Despite my typical silence, as well, I have a frequent interest in music, though in listening rather than composition and in instrumental rather than lyric-aided.

I hope to see you around, at which point chances are I'll ask questions about a great number of the statements you've made.  Until then, take care!
Aurora Lightsune
Aurora Lightsune
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:15 am

Hot damm that is one long intro post but regardless of that, welcome to the forums!

If you have any question about something regarding things on the forum feel free to poke me
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:20 am

Dat intro.
And by that I mean, good to see someone very well-written and up for some roleplays! I'm Tank, or Spekkal, or whatever you prefer I'm not really fussed unless it's something embarrassing. I'm one of the admins here in this chaotic ball of character adventures, and like Uncanny there said, feel free to poke us if you have any questions! I'd love to hear about your characters!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Flaros Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:33 pm

My goodness,

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. Heh. I apologize if my post is a little lengthy. I wanted to give a hearty amount of information about me to see if I could find others with similar interests. Which it seems I already have.

From Blazing who loves music, to Light whose an author wishes to write novels. Totally boss that already there are like-minded individuals with similar passions to my own that I've met in such a short span of time.

Thank you as well uncanny-illustrator and Tank for the welcome as well. It feels nice to be embraced by a community that I haven't even been a part of for 24 hours so soon. It's also very nice to know that I can come to you two if I have any questions or things of that nature. That is very much appreciated. Thank you both so much.

As I mentioned in a private message, this truly is a testament to the wonderful community that has been established here on this forum. I truly cannot wait to Role Play with and get to know you all. Each and every one of you seem like such awesome people~

Again, thank you so much for the hospitality! =D
Flaros
Flaros

Back to top Go down

Post by Sol Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:31 am

Nah. Sol is short for Solar. Sun rays and the such. I like astronomy a lot and am quite the fan of solar energy.
Razz 
Solar is the name of my character too though so ya.

The hype for FFVII pissed me off as well but it never did turn me off from the game, though I did just find it to be an "okay" FF game. My favorite has always been FFX. 
So you like FFVIII? Iunno, I just couldn't get into that one. Got past the first disc and just...ugh.

Not really a post I should be putting on an intro post but he did ask me a question, soooo. Razz

GO TO THE CHATBOX

Sol
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Wow, talk about late.

Hello, I'm Burning, the "head" of the admins here. Rarely see much effort put into introductive posts. :3 If you have any complaints and stuff or issues that need addressing, or any real questions about the forum itself, just PM me. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Hopefully you'll enjoy your stay here, and maybe post in the forum rather than the C-Box. *glares at 60% of members* Anyhow!

Something that caught my eye was the hardcore metal thing. :J What bands do you like? I'm a fan of ones like Disturbed, BMTH, even BFMV. The abbreviations should come up in google. I think.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum