Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow needs to die.

5 posters

Go down

Should Shadow Be Dead?

Shadow needs to die. GDMEGbg38%Shadow needs to die. 0lNb1KJ 38% 
[ 5 ]
Shadow needs to die. GDMEGbg15%Shadow needs to die. 0lNb1KJ 15% 
[ 2 ]
Shadow needs to die. GDMEGbg8%Shadow needs to die. 0lNb1KJ 8% 
[ 1 ]
Shadow needs to die. GDMEGbg23%Shadow needs to die. 0lNb1KJ 23% 
[ 3 ]
Shadow needs to die. GDMEGbg15%Shadow needs to die. 0lNb1KJ 15% 
[ 2 ]
Shadow needs to die. GDMEGbg0%Shadow needs to die. 0lNb1KJ 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

Shadow needs to die. Empty Shadow needs to die.

Post by ILS Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:29 am

Well, as you know, Shadow the Hedgehog debut was in Sonic Adventure 2. He plummeted TO HIS DEATH in that game. Jump to Sonic Heroes, he's there. But they say he is a clone. I can live with that. But in Shadow The Hedgehog, they toss it out the window with their stupid multi-endings! He should never have been past Sonic Heroes. What do you think?
ILS
ILS
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Shadow needs to die. Empty Re: Shadow needs to die.

Post by Caliburn Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:00 pm

I know how you feel about Shadow. And honestly I share the view to an extent. If he died his death would've had a massive impact. But... ehghhhh.

There are people that loved his character. And I do too. It's just... the way they brought him back was... wrong. They made him super edgy and over the top with guns and motorcycles. Also Jason Griffith voicing Shadow is just wrong. The VA in Adventure 2 was perfect to me and changing it was a mistake in my eyes.

At the end of the day though, if they killed Shadow NOW, there'd be a massive riot. Like seriously people love Shadow to death. If he stayed dead at Adventure 2's ending and never came back, people would LOVE HIM TO DEATH, but they'd not complain as much because he never came back to be super over the top.

That would've been great. But it's not the case. Sheerly down to how things have went with him, though, I'd say he needs to stick around. Like, really. You can't just kill off one of the franchise's pretty much MAIN CHARACTERS at this point. It's too late for that.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:47 pm

I don't fully agree with the fact that they should've tossed the character. Because I gotta admit, it seemed like they knew well ahead of time that he would become such a popular characters, marketing yo.

I personally think they should've stuck with the 'clone' route of the heroes game and developed that Shadow personality wise differently from the one from SA2. Make him a character of his own and not retcon that statement in Shadow's edgehog game. (What ending even is canon there, idk.)
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Codename-Jack Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:59 am

It's too late. They already missed their chance to give him a impacting death in SA2. Now it would just be "taking out the trash."

Though I'm happy he's alive in the comics... He's certainly not SA2 tier.
Codename-Jack
Codename-Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:12 am

Yeah. I think they definitely brought Shadow back the wrong way by giving him amnesia and everything. They were too eager to make Shadow a way to make money and play around with his attitude. But I think Shadow just had too many things against him at the time. Sega was getting a new director, don't forget Sonic 06 wasn't that far away from Shadow, and frankly bringing Shadow back was a total last minute thing that was done without solid leadership.

If Shadow was to have true amnesia, he'd have to act like someone who didn't have a traumatic past. Because, as far as he knew, he didn't have one. If you're gonna bring him back, don't give him amnesia. He's the Ultimate Lifeform, for crying out loud. If they could get away with saying he's immortal, and we know one of Eggman's robots saved him, why couldn't he just survived the fall without amnesia?

It should've been a continuation of SA2 instead of an excuse to market on Shadow's previous struggles. Shadow can still have struggles, he tried to destroy the planet. He's still Project Shadow, he could still be viewed as dangerous. Maybe his punishment for trying to destroy the planet is the fact that he can never be totally trusted. They keep on tapping onto good ideas with Shadow, like the inhibitor rings, or his immortality, but they never do anything with it.

Would it have been better if Shadow stayed dead than what they did with him? I would say yes. But, would it have been the best thing for them to do? I still think there are better alternatives than simply leaving the character as dead. For one thing, people, like myself, still like him a lot. Another thing is that so far he's the only character with even a little bit of a legit backstory, and it even gives Eggman a bit of one. Why would just killing him off the second the game ends be a good idea? Or, THAT good of an idea? 

Again, I think it would've been better than what they did with him, but I'm just saying that it wouldn't have been the best option. But, then again, since they were pushed into this position, how would someone bring him back in a better way? I've read many admissions on what to do to bring Shadow back, and for the most part it was fascinating to see their opinions. Honestly, the best thing that came with Shadow's return is seeing all the speculation on how they would bring Shadow back. And most of them incorporate the amnesia, something I wouldn't do.

But... Yeah I think we all knew that Shadow's game wasn't going to be good when we heard the names of the villains... (Black Arms... Black Doom... Really?)
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down