Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonic CD - Time Travelling Madness

4 posters

Go down

Sonic CD - Time Travelling Madness Empty Sonic CD - Time Travelling Madness

Post by Caliburn Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:50 pm

Sonic CD. Sonic CD.

Oh my god I love this game holy crap it's like so awesome and hhhnnnngh why isn't the time travel gimmick implimented more hhhhhhhhnnnnnnnGHHHHHHH!!?!?!?

I played through it relatively recently, the whole way through on the iPhone port, and I must say it holds a special place in my heart now because of just... how nicely designed it is. The whole bad future concept is surprisingly dark, and it's so satisfying to get a good future in that game.

Does anyone else feel the same way about it?

I could write for a long time about how the game could be brought back. Like, the time travelling gimmick. Imagine it in a 3D Sonic game, even? I think I'd die.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Sonic CD - Time Travelling Madness Empty Re: Sonic CD - Time Travelling Madness

Post by Spekkal Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:55 pm

Admittedly, I've not played it much. But the times I did, I had a lot of fun! The time travel mechanic was... flunky? More difficult than anything - getting the right speed to get to where you want to go, trying not to hit a different sign post in the process.
But it was a fantastic game for the system.
10/10 would pick up again if I can find it somewhere.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:57 pm

Oh goood yes, I remember spending a lot of time across the road from me playing Sonic CD at a friends. There was something about the game which just felt... nice, polished. It really had it's own aesthetic departed from the rest of the Sonic series.
Also, the music was weird and great, and the boss fights were awesome and variable. I think. I'm saying based on distant memories.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:24 pm

Sonic CD was a fun game that brought some different things to the table in terms of gameplay.

Time traveling, where you'd end up in areas with different layouts and sometimes more or less enemies.

Multiple methods for obtaining the good ending of the game. If you're good, you can nab the time stones. If you're really good, you can track down the 14 robot generators spread out in the past versions of all acts.

Unique boss fights. I don't recall any boss requiring eight hits to beat. I'm pretty sure there are one or two that you only need to hit once. And of course there is the showdown with Metal Sonic.

I remember that I first played the PC version of the game. Then more recently I was able to find a copy of Sonic Gems Collection. I'd recommend it to Sonic fans who don't mind going back to the retro 2D games.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:33 pm

Metal Sonic in that game was so... wow.

Which brings the question I'm going to put into a different topic! (because I feel it deserves it's own, shut up)

But eitherway, the game as a whole is... really solid. I absolutely frickin loooove it. You need to replay it guys. Like seriously.

You can download a phone port, or even emulator for it easily. Takes a few clicks. c:

But it's a good game. Pretty hard to time travel in some cases, (god I hate some stages for that, Wacky Workbench specifically, screw you) but it's so rewarding to finish the game properly and get the good ending.

I actually got the Saviour of the Planet achievement.

In fact I think I 100%'d Sonic CD on the iOS. Because I'm insane. Time Attacks and everything. GG me.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down