Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the strongest Fan Character?

+9
ChaoticBou
Mephiles the Dark
ILS
Thunder
Electrisa
Spekkal
Caliburn
Dregan
Midknight
13 posters

Go down

Who is the strongest Fan Character? Empty Who is the strongest Fan Character?

Post by Midknight Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:17 pm

I was having a lil' but of a think and thunk to myself and wondered, who is the strongest character we have here on SRN? 

Well what do I actually mean by strongest, well, in a battle situation, if you were to put said character against another person's proclaimed "strongest character", would they win? How do you judge if said character is stronger than anothers character?

Sooo, I don't know? I guess people can put their bids and arguments forward for who they think would be the strongest in a battle against other characters, your own or another members! 

Also I'm not saying "strength" is necessarily defined by how many people you could take out, some of us have strong hearts too <3 ;u;

^Cringe^
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Who is the strongest Fan Character? Empty Re: Who is the strongest Fan Character?

Post by Dregan Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:44 pm

Ohgods, heading to the bomb shelter, 'cause I can see this one blowing up. Between the people who desperately want their characters to be the best and most powerful, and those desperate to claim their literal gods 'aren't OP', I can see this one going nuclear.

Seriously though, among my own characters at least I know the most powerful is pretty much my big big bad behind everything... buuut can't really share much about them or do much comparing and contrasting with them due to spoilers. Still, it does make me curious how many character put forward are gonna be big villains who are supposed to be major threats, and how many will be people's main heroes and such who're meant to be able to overcome anything to save the day.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Who is the strongest Fan Character? Empty Re: Who is the strongest Fan Character?

Post by Caliburn Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:02 pm

I'd say Striker is the most powerful character I have except my LITERAL GODS in terms of instant potential. Like, whoever he fights he can match, so it's always a fair fight no matter how strong they are.

Cronero is second, because while he can absorb... WAY TOO MUCH STUFF/ENERGY AND POWERS OF CHARACTERS HE ABSORBS AS WELL... he can't do it instantly just by looking at someone. He has to actually be strong enough to beat someone and then absorb their energy that way. But in the long run, he technically ranks above Striker in a way.

Striker I probably will use on SRN as nothing much more than a cameo.

Cronero will never show up because of the situation he would cause.

So go me?

Other characters aren't really noteworthy, save for maybe my archdemons or Flood, who is a demigod. At the end of the day though, who has the most powerful character?

It really doesn't matter! It's all about how you develop and how far your character goes in life and stuff. Making a reputation for yourself. Having power isn't everything, and having too much ruins everything.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:19 pm

I think from pure power I'd have to say either Bafalaut or Apollos on my side. Though I don't fancy shoving them against others and comparing, and I barely ever use those two anyway. I don't like going "MY CHARACTER IS STRONGER THAN YOURS" and I usually avoid those kind of topics. Sooo that's out of my own, but I'm not gonna play the comparing game. << >>
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:27 pm

???? I.. actually don't know, many of my charas have powers but they aren't very truly amazing at them????
Guess if it was completely combat based and all I'd say Phoenix, because he's like one of my only characters who has SOME experience with fighting and actually trained himself to use powers to beat others up (the power being earth-bending)
But the most tank-ish character would be Riley with his healing and strength enhancing (although he's a pacifist so oops)
Most of my character anyway can't really bring themselves to actually hurting people
gosh these wusses
not really wusses I just don't like fight RPs that much
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:15 pm

I would say goliath, who is one of my unofficial chars who i might post on the site soon, so go look at that soon
Thunder
Thunder
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ILS Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:34 am

In my charas, Zero. On the whole site, Srunks.
ILS
ILS
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephiles the Dark Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:58 am

I would state that my character, Oblivion, is rather powerful.
Mephiles the Dark
Mephiles the Dark
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

http://lozskullkid.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:04 am

Burning-Fox wrote:I'd say Striker is the most powerful character I have except my LITERAL GODS in terms of instant potential. Like, whoever he fights he can match, so it's always a fair fight no matter how strong they are.
Though I do want to make the point of - well, isn't Striker by that definition, stronger than a god? Isn't his goal to fight a god and get their power in that manner? With that power, he is, without contest, the strongest character possible.
Like, being able to 'match' someone isn't really a weakness. And it's not fair either, considering he has additional teleportation, sword mastery +flaming sword and an extra ultimate form on top of what he gains in a fight. If anyone claims they have the strongest character, Striker can just fight them and get all their powers and abilities, knowledge of those abilities, and be even better than them automatically.
And you've said it sometimes doesn't work on demons, but that's sometimes, and he still has the flaming holy sword for that kinda threat. Hell, you said that his ultimate form, yeah he can only sustain it for a few minutes, but it has the potential to topple a planet.
So technically, Striker is the strongest character out of all possible fan characters, stronger than GODS, purely because who he fights, he can always be better. And it isn't really much of a discussion then.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:19 pm

So I've seen a few one-liners here with "X is the strongest character". Well great that's the strongest character then? I'd love to see some REASONS why he is the strongest character. Like: "I think he's the strongest character because his energy source is limitless. He takes it from the sun and the sun is like an unlimited power source." Here look, this is a reason why my quickly made up character could be the strongest!

I honestly don't like this discussion at all and I'm not gonna add any of my characters in (Not that I think that this discussion should blow up or something, I just don't have any characters to add for the most part), but it's still useful to have some information to why that character is the strongest. I thank you all. Goodbye.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:54 pm

CyanFoxboy wrote:So I've seen a few one-liners here with "X is the strongest character". Well great that's the strongest character then? I'd love to see some REASONS why he is the strongest character. Like: "I think he's the strongest character because his energy source is limitless. He takes it from the sun and the sun is like an unlimited power source." Here look, this is a reason why my quickly made up character could be the strongest!

I honestly don't like this discussion at all and I'm not gonna add any of my characters in (Not that I think that this discussion should blow up or something, I just don't have any characters to add for the most part), but it's still useful to have some information to why that character is the strongest. I thank you all. Goodbye.

I think some of them are just comparing their characters to each other, rather than comparing their characters to everyone else's characters. 

I'm gonna back out of this discussion instead of throwing my own into the fray, because I generally try to keep all of my guys balanced with few exceptions. Maybe if the discussions continue I might throw one of 'em in there.

Spekkal wrote:isn't Striker by that definition,stronger than a god? Isn't his goal to fight a god and get their power in that manner? With that power, he is, without contest, the strongest character possible.
Like, being able to 'match' someone isn't really a weakness. And it's not fair either, considering he has additional teleportation, sword mastery +flaming sword and an extra ultimate form on top of what he gains in a fight. If anyone claims they have the strongest character, Striker can just fight them and get all their powers and abilities, knowledge of those abilities, and be even better than them automatically.

Went into Burning's list of characters because I initially couldn't believe it. 
Burn, are you going to write a backstory reason for that on their bio? Granted, there were a lot of characters there... but if you're going to have a character as strong as that, you might want to have a reason for it. 

Even then, I don't quite agree with it. That's just too insane.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:07 pm

Aaaaaaaaaa you shouldn't agree, I don't know what I was thinking at the time, but see below.

Info on Striker:

In regards to OP characters either way, once again, Aeron is my top character. No matter what. Because he is literally a god, and is one of the oldest gods, (what with being the god of DARKNESS, which is said to have existed before light did) and is too much to use in anything big. Like... yeah. He doesn't mess with mortals anyway, but it's a looooot of power.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:34 pm

So he's like Emerl a little bit? I don't think I'd particularly mind it as much if Striker just matches up to their power rather than automatically being better than his opponent.

Burning-Fox wrote:if he's hit hard enough by someone else, he'll unwillingly take their power instead, no matter how strong or weak they are in comparison.

How do you get hit hard by someone who is weaker in comparison though? I mean, on the off chance that it does happen then that's fine I guess but... how often would that ever happen? Ever? It seems like an excuse to make him sound nerfed without actually nerfing him.

Burning-Fox wrote:Once again he can only copy one person at a time, and once the fight is over that's it, gone.

This is good though, I like this.
Just so my post isn't all filled with counter-arguments anyway because credit should be given where it is due.

Burning-Fox wrote:Now, the reason he has this ability... well... I wish I could say. But it's massive spoilers.

Okay? Go ahead and say it anyway, unless it's some big SRN plot related thing. In which case, I don't think 'spoilers' for one specific fan character really counts for anything at all. I don't mean to offend, but I'd rather know then not know. There's no real consequences to being 'spoiled' for something that I'm not terribly invested in.

Burning-Fox wrote:Once again it's not even confirmed he'd actually show his face in an RP. He'd only be alluded to by Inferno probably. Because Cronero sure as hell ain't showing up here.

I feel like this is the worst excuse (and also the most overused excuse) a person can use when trying to convince people why it isn't bad that their character is OP. "They won't show up" or "He doesn't like to fight" just doesn't really cut it for me. Or any iterations of those two statements, really.

And a question about your god of darkness though, his power only envelopes the realm that he exists in right? How far does that power expand? Just curious.

Though overly powerful characters do make good antagonists when an RP calls for one, because if there's no obstacle to overcome then it just isn't as fun.
This post is waaay too long but I might write about some of my characters later on, because I do have some OP guys of course.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:52 pm

The point I was trying to make was Striker exists for a different purpose than SRN; I really likely won't even use him here. The only reason I would use him is to transport Inferno here, but I'm unsure about doing even that at the moment. The main reason his bio is here at all is because of the fact that, well, I just wanted to show what characters I have. .w. I like to show off all my characters, and I like to show to people that I too can have characters that are ridiculously OP.

But hey, I have a reason I guess? ...See below. Probably going to regret posting this here but we'll see.

SPOILERS AND MORE SPOILERS:

Anyway, I just like to outright babble how ridiculous his ability is, and I also have him as a small backup for other places (because 9/10 times when someone is godmodding and going "THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM) I like to throw Striker at their faces. His sole reason for existing was originally Sonic Robo Blast 2 RP, which is... where literally everyone has DBZ fights everyday apparently. Hard to keep up there without everyone trying to murder you.

Also, in regards to your question; "How often does he get hit by someone weaker?"
Well, he lets his guard down frequently and underestimates the weak people a lot. You'd be surprised how many times he's had his ass handed to him because of that, even in a 1v1. Because while he does get their power, and a bunch of their skill, he doesn't get every single last ounce of it. Catch him off guard, and he's done for.

At the end of the day... uh... woops? This thread became the "Why Striker is bad" thread. XD
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:43 pm

If it comes to my characters and I don't count my god(s) and demi-god(s). It kinda is Virus with how extended his powers are overall and how broad it can be. Though I really do try and balance him with how hard it can backfire, the issues it causes with his health/sanity and how little he can actually fully control it.

Though if it comes to the strongest out of my characters that completely lacks any kind of power or heart; it's Kay-ti. She is designed to be extremely good at stealth and sniping while also having the skills to hold up herself in combat when it's melee.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:26 pm

Okay yeah I should probably put reasoning behind my characters lol whoops. I'm just gonna strike off Apollos, because while he's stated as powerful, I've yet to figure out how because they're, in general, a very minor character which has yet to be used and won't be used for a very long time.
Bafalaut, on the other hand, is pretty stupid. I mean I'd feel really uncomfortable with how powerful he is, if not for his personality and the fact that he doesn't bother doing anything. He's not demi-god level, I mean every character in some way is beatable. But he's essentially my oldest character (again barring a god character) with absolutely stupid knowledge on the world and how it works. He's seen things evolve, seen how people have changed, seen how they act both inside and outside of battle. He's learnt so many tactics and sneaky ways to fight that it's, well, again pretty stupid. His natural powers consist of ultra-umbrakinesis; I say 'ultra' because it stems from the ancestral power of a god-made demon created entirely of a darkness known as, simply, the 'Void'. It's name is pretty lame and sorta anticlimactic. Sue me. In addition, he has dark magic spells of probably incredibly forbidden origin at his call, aaaand HE CAN PUNCH THINGS WITH HIS FISTS AND SUPLEX THEM YEAH (99% more likely to do that tbh)

But I've literally never made Baf use his power? Like ever? Like even then, I don't want to go into it cause it'll make me look awful. I use him cause he's so fun to RP with, because he doesn't do anything and somehow a character like that is fun. Also he makes jokes and puns and I'm a sucker for 200% of those things.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy the Jealous Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:28 am

I would have to really say Envy. 

Now before you decide to yell at me let me explain.

He doesn't confine himself to a single type o fighting style, although he specializes in magic and blade. 

Plus, his magic can do anything as long as he has the energy to pull it, and since he is experienced in combat, he has a lot of energy to start out with. Darkedge is a psychic attacking kind of thing, and since it's bullets renders magic useless as a barrier against Envy, magic is pretty much out because he can block it with his own.

In melee his is quite brutal, since he can use his blade well, plus he could also load it with shotgun shells, as he is seen doing in round I of the TTT. 

His one true weakness is hand-to-hand combat. But that is rendered inert since his magic abilities don't all require Darkedge to perform.

I meant to make this character not as powerful as he truly is... But when you put it all together, you truly realize that he is powerful in combat. 

If you do what Wolf did in round I and not take the chances to totally take him out, you're going to lose all opportunity, because his new nature makes him very cruel...

Unless he is fighting a friend, he won't harm his friends, ever.

If a friend of his took advantage of this in combat, he would lose, unless it meant his life, but then he would only maim them enough to run or fix the problem.

So yea....
Envy the Jealous
Envy the Jealous
Expert Member
Expert Member

Location : Being jealous of all the great artists on this site >.<

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:12 pm

Striking out my like... one or two god-like characters, I am going to propose two characters of my own, based on the fact that their powers are similiar.

The first being; Spark.

First off, I want to heavily stress that Spark's powers are severly limited outside of desert, beaches, etc... which normally, would be a detriment. However, he's trained in several different forms of combat, is naturally strong AND has added strength from exercise and his forge working, and has a great deal of knowledge on tactics. He comes from a race of people who had to groom each child to be a warrior, for their own survival. When thrust somewhere he can use his powers, he is capable of shifting ungodly amounts of sand without much of an issue, and turning it into a weapon.

That latter point however, is my arguement for: Andile, depending on location.

Andile has NONE of Sparks training. He's far from the strongest person, he's not fast nor does he have an real practice with weaponary.. but he can shift near limitless amounts of metal. Not just a particular type, like steel or iron, etc, but ANY type of metal.

On top of this, he is creative. He knows how to use the environment to his advantage on the rare occasion he needs to fight, and in most modern civilisations, metal is everywhere. Even if it's not refined, he can manipulate raw metal from the ground. On a spacestation? He might as well be a god in his own right.

So it's probably a good thing he's a pacifist, hm?
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down