Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froshana draws stuff

5 posters

Go down

Froshana draws stuff Empty Froshana draws stuff

Post by Froshana Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:09 pm

So I've been peeking through some of the art topics on here and figured, sure why not? I'll share some of my doodles. :P
Also, I'm sorry, none of it is Sonic styled??? My characters are all based in the Sonic-verse, but never drawn in the style oops.

So! I'm really just gonna start out posting the oldest stuff that's still presentable because I really don't have many things that are 'finished'. In fact, I don't usually share because all I ever do are sketches and they get pret-ty boring. But a little splash of color helps so some of these might as well see the light of the Internet, right? (Plus posting the oldest stuff first means the art can only get better the more I post, fufufufu)
As a bonus so this thread isn't so-ho dull, I'll probably share some of the commissions of my peeps that I get done as well, because those are a lot more fun and colorful. c:

Starting from 2007, ouch!
Froshana draws stuff Tumblr11
A reeeally early sketch of the Valentine twins, Lanelle and Karina. They're the leading two in a team of four that specialize mostly in thievery, but occasional treasure hunting, too. They look a bit more different now and could show up in rp on the forum eventually, but likely not until after I get their hired dragon muscle, Tangerine, rolling.

That's enough 2007, forward we go!
Froshana draws stuff Tumblr12
Rain is a little favorite of mine, even if I still need to work out some further kinks with her. She is a velociraptor, though not a scientifically accurate one, clearly. She also has a fascination with stars, despite not knowing what they really are or what they're for.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr13
Early sketch of April, a kangaroo cutie. She and her shark friend go running around, probably getting into trouble.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr14
Oh yes, so original. Still, one of my oldest characters so she has a special place for me. Flame a navy blue hedgehog with the powers of super speed and summoning up explosions. Totally not like a certain blue blur, nooooo
What we should really be wondering about is why did past me think it was a good idea to give her fluffy sideburns...?

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr15
Ridiculous little killing machine, there's more Rain.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr16
Had a big Pokémon phase in 2008 and really liked making pokémorphs for a while. This is one of the four that stuck with me and, hopefully it's obvious that she's a pichu. Uppity little thing that goes by Kiana. Later on, I'll draw her and her zubat friend together.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr17
More evidence of the Pokémania. My trainer girl, Emily Heart. Back home in... Sinnoh, I think, they still call her by her childhood nickname of Ember since she had a habit of spamming that move when she was younger and still starting out. She's been through several remakes and this was her most recent when I realized that I really like doing Pokémon rps.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr18
And I'll stop here for now on this really poorly thought out character. This was the original design for Helena, who was supposed to be a Reaper. Now, though, I wonder why a Reaper is running around in a mini-skirt, socializing with random civilians when she should be doing her job and gathering the dead. -w-;;
Fortunately, she's been remade and is now just one of four Reapers that work for the actual God of Death and bring the dead to that deity to be properly sent wherever they need to go. Her design is also more appropriate to her purpose and I like her better now as a result. That design will be posted later on. For now, I still kinda like this look and might use it for some other character one day.

Aaaaand that does it for now. I'll add in more in little batches as I get more of them cleaned up and looking, y'know, 2% more interesting than they do as just plain sketches.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Froshana draws stuff Empty Re: Froshana draws stuff

Post by Dregan Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:16 pm

Oh wow, considering these images are what, 7, 8 years old? Certainly not a bad starting point - you make me curious to see more now. Always cool to see how artists develop, I await the opportunity to compare what you've posted to your more recent stuff!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:22 am

Ah ha, thank you. ;w; It really was easier and more fun to draw in school when hours and hours of the day were spent sitting at a desk with a pencil and paper.
Now at home between a job and how much easier and more fun it is to play video games, drawing only happens once in a purple moon.
That's right.
Purple.

Anyhow, now with a little downtime, I can continue this little travel through time in sketches of fluffy animal girls.
Continuing from 2008~

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr20
A character I still don't really know what to do with at this point, but she is one of my very first and it was kind of through her that my friendship with a certain C.S.O. started up. She was part of our first OTP. :P Veronica Larese is supposed to be a feline vampire living in isolation with her witch friend and, eventually, her younger sister. Oh, and some weird feral liger pet thing named Charles. Go figure, though, she's very much against violence and doesn't like to hurt others. Oh, what's a silly vampire to do...

Now we finally get to 2009, which is when I graduated. Lots of stress there so drawing decreased a lot.
Froshana draws stuff Tumblr21
A character who started out as nonsensical and meant for experimenting with different stuff in drawing, Psychotic is actually one of my babies now and has become a lot more developed. She's still ridiculous, but she's also fun to mess with and see how different things affect the way she is. Might bring her onto the forum at some point. Males beware, she wants your d--Money.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr22
Another super old character of mine, Jacqueline Clearwater. Yeah, she's a hedgehog, but a demonic one. Oooooo, edgy. While I don't really know what the point was of making her a demon, I still like her as a character. Several centuries old, she was once the queen of a desert city. She's had a fair bit of tragedy in her life, which I may go into if she ever makes an appearance here.
Oh, and she's also Froshana's ancestor, having started the line of pyrokinetics in the family down through the ages. The demonic heritage eventually did get watered out of the equation before getting to modern day Froshana.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr23
Lani was born of a random doodle session with this awesome friend of mine. Hence why her wings make absolutely no sense, I was just doodling. And then I just kept drawing her, like right here. Supposedly she's on a ship here.
Anyway, she's a Nebelung because those are some gorgeous cats right there. She's also a super weak demi-god due to having a mortal mother and a father who is supposedly a god of weather/sky. As a result, her powers focus around the weather and its elements. Also around being cute. Her wings are weird-looking as a result of being hurled down from her father's godly perch during an attack, whoooosh.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr24
Tbh, I really don't remember coloring this???? I just found it while looking for sketches to clean up and post here. It's obviously not finished, but at this point I wouldn't ever bother finishing it further so yyyyeah.
Veronica again, trying really hard to look like serious business, even though she totally isn't.

And that's it for this round! Next time we get into 2010 and significantly less anime eyes! Hype!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:40 pm

Pls post more of your art when you can. ;-;
I'm so curious on your development. I mean, if this is 2008, I really want to see what you can do now!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:15 am

Finally with life settling back down again, I can actually get in here and post a few more things!
And thank you, Spekkal! ;w; I wish I could say that my present art is a huge amazing leap, but it leveled out somewhere in the last few years. But at least there is some development from where I started!

For now, though, off to 2010!

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr25
Starting with Delilah, a narcoleptic skunk with an addiction to urban exploration. Checking out abandoned buildings and other such places is very much her cup of tea. Her medications keep her narcolepsy from being too much of a problem, but only when she actually remembers to take them...
She and Reena are also very good friends and often go on exploration trips together.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr26
Felicity is a total pain in the butt to draw with all her ding-dang spots, but always satisfying to draw regardless. She's an overly-pink cheetah who works as an assassin for hire. While I'm still developing how it works, her power centers around manipulating the emotions of others.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr27
April again, this time looking a little less anime. 8U

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr28
A bust shot from the reference of my East African oryx, Keren. I'll admit, she's still one of my favorite characters. Hopefully one day I'll get to bring her here.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr30
And the first 'finished' picture I have, apparently! Lani, my little demi-goddess, colored up just for the sake of doing a quick color of somebody. Totes not my favorite, but I do learn something new every time I color a picture so it does help.

And since it's late and I should be sleeping, I'll stop there. But I will add in the very first commission I ever had done as a super-cute bonus! owo

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr10
Baby-Blue-Bell did an amazing job taking a less-than-great character design on my part and drawing her up to make her look just as cute as I pictured her to be in my head! Venus is a Clydesdale who works as a model. She's a real sweetheart and is also friends with Reena Star. They occasionally appear on each other's blogs.

That's all for now, though. Getting closer and closer to present day due to my drawing less and less over the years, oops. At least posting these kicks me to go ahead and draw some more so maybe I'll have better new stuff once I catch up to myself here. Razz
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:58 pm

Oh my god, that art is adorable and amazing. Venus looks incredible! The dress and the coloured streaks in the hair make her look very... modern? Modern and summer-y!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:31 am

Venus really did come out so cute there, I so agree! The artist's ideas for her outfit and hair were beyond what I expected. I sure do miss her. ;w;
Laziness aside, it's time for MOAR sketches. 8U Put your head between your knees and brace for impact.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr19
Here's a tiny bit of color in the form of one of my quickrefs for Psychotic. There are two very prominent things I don't like about the picture, but apparently 2011 me thought they were okay. Regardless, this is a good look at a couple of her piercings and how her bangs sit.
Also, this is the 'did you seriously just say no to me' face. Rarely seen.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr28
Sweet little Rain, probably talking about something that excites her.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr21
Oh here, have another Psychotic, this time with significantly less clothing.
Just playing with poses and wanting to show how her hair changes color in the back. My only problem with this image now is that she never looks this calm??? She must be mid-blink or turning. Most likely someone is about to get jumped.

Ah ha, brace for some scantily clad references. I went on a big fit in 2011 trying to draw up full-body references for a lot of my girls to make markings and such clear. Never did color any of them yet and by the time I do, I bet they'll have changed again and I'll have to re-draw them. Razz
Either way, Felicity's most recent ref here. I originally intended for her spots to be a very light pink against her already pink main color, but as I've never colored her, I always draw the spots in dark because I still don't know if I'll like light spots. Maybe we'll find out one day, hopefully.
She's still cute tho.

Honesty time! The only reason this pose came out so well is because it was referenced from a manga I was reading years ago. But heaven forbid I remember the name, right? -w-; Nonetheless, Flame is totally pointing out to someone that her tail may be short, but it is also cute.
booty what booty

The most recent reference for Lanelle Valentine, though not likely one I'll keep. Something bugs me here. But then the Valentine twins always look weird when I draw them, maybe it was meant to be this way. 8U
Oh well, she probably looks better with her actual guns and ammo strapped on. Def gonna add more detailing to her clothing next time!

Nooooot a big fan of this one, but it is Midnight Gray's latest reference. She probably shouldn't cut her own bangs.
Anyway, not a very well-developed character, even after all these years, but she def has a knack for getting herself into trouble with the wrong crowds. She's also terrible with decision-making, so she just follows railroad tracks to see where they go.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr26
You know the full reference for this one came out badly if I cropped it all the way down to a head shot. Razz
Anyway, a suuuuuuper old character that really just needs to be remade from scratch, Morioka Torresio. Blunt, rude, and all around pretty unfriendly, but it's okay because she loves getting into fights and dishing out generous servings of whoop-ass.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr27
Ah, here's an absolute cutie that I love playing with, but I don't know what I was thinking with this outfit??? I think I just wanted to draw boobs. Will def be fixing it next time I draw her spotty little butt. Her clothes are typically made from the old sails of a wrecked ship. Because there is no mall out where she lives.
Joanna is a jackal, living far out in the coastal wilderness with a convenient non-anthro dragon, who is totally her adopted pop-pop. Sadly, I probably won't be getting around to really drawing Gideon any time soon as my ability to wrestle a dragon onto paper is still pretty non-existent.

And I'll stop there for now since this got longer than I intended, oops!
Thanks for looking either way! <:
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:29 pm

Aww yeah, let's throw down and show some true colors. And by true colors, I mean, admitting I was once pony trash and kind of still am a little.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr32
Yep! There was a time when I first really got into My Little Pony. This would be the first time I let myself draw a shmo horse version of my main persona, KittyFro. I'm not very creative, I just call her PonyFro. Razz

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr31
So if you ever notice Tangerine mumbling about 'spoiled housecats', this is usually who she's talking about, just for the record. Karina Valentine in a quickref I don't much care for??? I think I've only ever drawn her the way I see her in my head, like, once.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr33
Okay, so awkward posing aside (I totally referenced a Victoria's Secret model for this), this is still an image I really like from the hips up. -w- The first and only reference for Natasha, a leopard who started out as a gang assassin buuuut I'm not sure I want that for her anymore. So she's just a blank character for now. I really wanted a character whose color scheme is made of pretty blues and purples mixed together so that's what I did for her. It'll be prettier if I ever actually color her. ;^;

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr34
Ah ha, this might be the first really finished image I'm posting in this thread and it's a HORSE. Oops. I really drew ponies a lot for a while, actually, but this is one of the only two times I ever colored one. I just really wanted to try out the style and it was actually a ton of fun! PonyFro got a bit more of a refined look, but she still lacks a cutie mark because I have no special talent. (゚ヮ゚)

And that's actually it for this round. I should really keep cleaning stuff up to post it since I think I'm running out of stuff to post. So, er... yeah. Thanks for looking! ^-^
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:33 pm

Sweeeet, more art! It's cool to compare the more recent postings to your examples of your earlier art.
Also, drawing a leapord character? You brave brave soul.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:29 pm

I can't sleep and it's very frustrating so here have some more really random imagery from my mind.
You know, Dregan, I had put off doing that until you mentioned it and it is awfully satisfying to see a difference. owo And seeing as the most recent is still 5 years old, I'mma see if I can spot any difference as I get closer to modern day.
Also yes. Leopards are a pain to draw. But I assure you, I will later reveal one spotty thing that I discovered is even more of a pain! [wiggles fingers menacingly]

In the meantime, hey guys, look at this angry cat.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr35
Have I ever mentioned that transparent backgrounds and I are enemies. We are. I actually don't remember what I did to this one, it looked fine on Tumblr. But I gave up in this fight because it's 7:30 in the morning and I'm not about that life today.
Anyway, KittyFro in my default expression/reaction to everything. Go ahead. Test it, it is default. This is also my default icon for a lot of sites, but now it's outdated because my hair and eyes are different colors, so KittyFro's have changed, too... I'll update her eventually.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr36
Sweet, sweet little Joanna. ...Swimming. In case that wasn't clear.
Brownie points to whoever recognizes where this was shamelessly referenced from. Razz

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr37
Midnight Gray again, this time looking decent! Figures I drew her on lined paper this time, right? (*~▽~)

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr38
For how little I do with her, I sure do love drawing April. At least she tends to look a little better each time she comes up. c: She's probably looking for the shark friend I've been promising her that I still haven't fully designed.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr39
Hey, remember that Reaper character from the end of the first post? Here's the updated version. As updatd as 2012 can be, really. No, I have no idea how that fabric is staying on, but I really wanted to draw some material so I didn't think about it until I was too far in. I was going to add more to the design as well, but I need to do more research on different death symbolism things to try and make her design at least a little more meaningful. -w-

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr41
Ahhhh, one of my favorite characters and she's not even properly designed. <3 Kaimana is my dolphin, but even though I've had her for years, I seem to change her design every time I draw her. Oops. Eventually I'll settle on one dolphin species and go from there...
Again, brownie points if you guess the shameless referencing here.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr42
Ah, my sweet, sweet anaconda. I realize now I never gave out her name when I started her rp. ...And I’m still not gonna because I’m still salty about how that went. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Nonetheless, this was her original design. Then I apparently decided I wanted her to look more like a green anaconda and so I re-did it. I assure you, it did not make her any easier to draw.
Yeah, Dregan, I thought the leopard was bad, too, before THIS HO RIGHT HERE.
Wait, are those Chaos Emeralds in her arms...?

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr40
See, I can finish things rarely when I get really determined. Also ponies are just so simple, I can't stand it. An ooooold gift for a friend of our pony people. PonyFro may be small, but she expresses affection towards people by sitting on them. Apparently. Seems legit.

I'm hungry now so I'll call it good enough there. I also have been going through my art folders and finding a lot more art (that I can make at least a little presentable with splashes of color), including a lot of stuff I'd forgotten I had????? So, um, I'm sorry??? I had no idea I'd actually have a decent amount of material to post here before getting to the point where I only update when I have something new. .w. Urps.
Ah well. Thanks again for taking a peek! ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:03 pm

Y'see, I was gonna comment that I both really liked the Joanna piece up there, and the dolphin piece. Then I realised; They're both water-themed. Water is the key here. Obviously it is time to demand more water-themed pieces.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:09 am

I'm just gonna say it now - I absolutely adore how much variety you have in terms of species? Like man, there is just... so much here, it's great. Paired with an adorable art-style, it's just.. amazing aaah
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Wed May 11, 2016 4:25 am

Heeee, thank you! >w< See, what's really funny, Dregan, is that those both came from the same reference material. I'm 89% certain that's why they're so cute. As for more wet girls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) water-themed doodles, you might get your wish because I'm obsessed with my aquatic characters. ♥

Hhhhhh, thank you, Spark. ;w; Legit, having countless animal species to pick from is the best thing about animal characters. The more variety, the better!

Oh man, I finished editing all the decent art I have to post and it won't be long before I run out, fuuuuu

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr46
My tropical goddess kitsune thing, Havana. She's a total asshat and has been sealed away for the last 3,000 years after she volcano'd the shit out of some people.
Anyhow, I really just wanted to draw her and all her hair (there's a ton of it). She's probably doing something less-than-kind to mortals below.
I once considered coloring this, then realized I would probably die trying to color all that hair. -w- Never did decide on her markings either...

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr47
One of the old versions of Tangerine. She's retained most of her design but this was before I decided to add her plated scales down her front. Also, her tail tuft gets bigger and fluffier every time I draw her, I think.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr48
Aria Chesmit, my Birman cutie, this time after I had been watching a lot of anime. Ugh, she's cute. She's also my current avatar, oh bby
Her powers come from music, but I haven't really decided how it works since I started overthinking it.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr49
Awkward picture of my Zubat pokémorph, Ayla. She tends to keep to herself until she meets the Pichu, Kiana, I posted waaayyyyyy earlier. Kiana takes it on herself to shove Ayla into having a social life without realizing how uncomfortable the reclusive zubat is about being dressed up and dragged to a loud party...
Didn't exactly want to give her eyebrows since she doesn't have eyes, but still wanted to show her emotion...? Bleh.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr50
A doodle of Azure the iguana, all dressed up for some formal event. Which is rare since she practically lives in swimwear. I mostly just wanted to show how the spikes go down her back. ヽ(´▽`)ノ

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr43
I got reeaaallllly into a Pokémon rp in 2012 and this awesome friend of mine and I toyed with the idea of maybe collab'ing a comic based on the rp's storyline (zombie pokémon!). I don't think I posted any pictures of my trainer here. Regardless, this is part of her team! I really wanted her pokémon to stand out as characters without being super special snowflakes too hardcore or anything. Also just needed practice getting a style down for them.
This was just gonna have colored lines like all of my other sketches but in the end I colored behind it so much I decided to just do all flat colors. There's a few things that I need to work on, but I'm rather pleased with 'em overall and wouldn't mind drawing them again sometime. c: Here, have some names.
Flygon - Ravi
Jett - Arbok
Adelaide - Glaceon
Nexus - Girafarig
Gideon - Ponyta

Short post this time! Bedtime nears. Thanks for looking! ☜≖‿≖
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:14 am

Ah ha, I have a bad habit of posting art and then forgetting to share it here, oopsy daisy. Here, have some doodles!

Starting with Havana again, but this time most likely after she's been reduced to a mortal form. It probably took a lot of trouble, she appears to have agreed to finally shorten her hair. And gotten a dress she can actually walk in. Nice.

So I actually started one of those draw a Pokémon every day challenges a few years ago, but I made the mistake of doing one that took place in December. And I work retail. Yeah, I got about five days into that challenge and what started as quick doodles just kept becoming more and more detailed so I did not make that easy on myself, HA.
Anyway, the others are on my blog, but this was my favorite. My favorite ground type is def Torterra and this is specifically my trainer's starter, Vulcan.

For how much I use Alexia Gray's name for things, I don't really do anything with her. In fact, she's currently a little bit of a blank late as of late, waiting for a revamp. Ah well, sometimes I still like her design.
Here, have her being disagreeable as ever.

A character I actually rather like and just never use! (Maybe she'll show up in that feral rp of mine...) Cassandra is the result of wanting to make a more cartoony-striped tiger instead of something more specific like my other tiger boy. She's a spoiled daddy's girl and likes to spend her time getting into car races and traveling. Rumor has it she's pretty decent at kickboxing, too?

My alligator, Jade. A pretty early concept sketch doodled up on a whim. I'm not 100% sure on her entire design, but I do like the concept!
She and her congregation live in a huge swamp basin (ever heard of the Atchafalaya Basin?) with a highway bridge running through it. One day I'll add more to her story. And figure out exactly how she looks under all that clothing.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr15
A tiny test doodle of my seal girl, Ricki, testing out facial markings and how I want her spots in general. I'd say I got a good start here. c:

AND I just realized I haven't shared but one commission in here and that's tragic because people who can take my characters and make them look actually awesome should always be commended. Here, have some dagrons!

Drawn by the amazing Sonitweek several years ago, she took some okay-ish dragons and made them awesome! Because drawing dragons will prob never be a thing for me.
Either way, these two are the smaller Zorrinna and larger Alexius Eledgron. Niece and uncle with Zorrinna not very thrilled when her uncle doesn't let her in on certain action.
These two were supposed to get a huge rp which involves "accidentally" being sent back to their home world and going on an epic quest with everyone getting to be dragons. Maybe if it doesn't break too many rules, it'll make an appearance in non-canon here...

Okay, that's enough for today. I'll try and update a little sooner next time! -w- Thanks for looking!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:45 pm

I have to say... all of this work is phenomenal!
You can see how far you've developed over the years from these pieces. From the very first one posted they're amazing and only seem to get better!
I love the style you have, things having a little more realism in them is never a bad thing and they're easy on the eye too :3
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:17 pm

Ohey, Sonitweek, I follow them! They do pretty sweet work.

Also, nice to see your own work developing and getting more expressive and such! One thing I would say is, in terms of faces, might be good to just take the time out finding where precisely you want to draw the line between the more humanistic and more animalistic features.
Like, they mostly look alright, but there's certain pics - looking at Cassandra in particular here - where the muzzle seems a li'l too small - sorta gives a very odd shape to the face. As I say, you mostly avoid that, but I think in cases with species with less pronounced muzzles it tends to show up.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:28 am

Gee, phenomenal isn't a word I've ever heard in relation to anything I've drawn so wow, thank you. ;w; I appreciate that! Improvement has been a slow thing for me, but we are terrifyingly close to the present day where I'm more actively trying to get better at certain things.
And, I'll admit, I tried Sonic style in middle school when I started drawing, but anime kicked in and eventually became what I have now. The realism comes from this need to try and be at least a little realistic when writing/designing/drawing these cartoon animal people, ha. And maybe I was really into Victoria's Secret loooong before I started working for them.
Glad they're easy on your eyes, at least! :P

Yep, I followed her for a pretty long time before finally realizing I had dragons that I really wanted to see in her style. Fun stuff!
Expressions are one of the banes of my existence. I have the absolute hardest time manipulating the face to convey the amount and type of emotion I want and it's def something I'm trying to work on!
Ah ha, and you caught on to one of the things I've fought with a lot, too. Like I was mentioning to Foreva above, I started out in Sonic style and then shifted to anime and they all have relatively flattened faces from most of the angles I drew. I also tried for a long time to draw canid muzzles and they frustrated me to no end so I pretty much just settled into human-like faces with animal noses. It def looks awkward and I'm slowly moving away from that, but my felines, clearly yeah, like, Cassandra, often still don't have as pronounced a snout as some of my other ladies. It also doesn't help that sometimes I'm unsure how to shape the mouth I want onto a longer snout and if I don't feel like looking up references, I totally take the easy way out. -w-
Hopefully I'll get it down before long, though! Thanks for the suggestion!

And now to make up for the wall of text with a little more art. Not a lot, but hurr goes!

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr18
The most recent reference for Jacqueline. I'm okay with it, but I somehow totally messed up her proportions, oops. So I'll most likely draw her another new one again sometime until I'm happy with it. :P One thing is that I'm uncertain if I want to go and make her wings larger or leave them as they are... That'll probably take some more active doodling.

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr16
I didn't realize until cleaning all these up just how much I've drawn Havana semi-recently. Oops.
Ah well, here's the snobby little kitsune again, no doubt trying to tempt someone into being her man-servant or something.
Awkward moment where I've drawn her without markings so much now that I think she may never have any, despite my original plan. Oops!

Ah ha, only had two sketches on my blog that I hadn't yet posted here. The goddess and the queen will have to do this time. More later on! Thanks for looking! c:
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:52 pm

I have to say, really do like Havana's design/look there. All the jewellery and such is really neat - I'm a big fan of that sorta aesthetic!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:03 am

Good to hear! I have trouble putting together such things, but it is fun to just sit there and doodle it in. c:

Small post this time while taking a break from packing for my trip. ヽ(´▽`)ノ

Froshana draws stuff Tumblr19
...Have I really gotten this far in here and not posted Shandin even once??? Wow.
So Shandin is one of the first characters I made, back there with the original Froshana. She was my default doodle character all through middle school and I'm still awfully partial to her. Only thing is I designed her as a Sonic character and have had a little trouble adapting her into the furry trash I do everything as now. :P Making progress, though!
Either way, telekinetic feline with telepathic tendencies. She could be serious business is she wasn't 12 or 13 and more content to be a nuisance. Most likely she'll show up here on the forum at some point.

Hhhhhhh, I really like this character. ;w; My pretty narwhal girl in the first but currently only reference I have for her. I'll admit, I know the horn is actually supposed to be a tusk on real narwhals, but I tried drawing her with it as a tusk and was not pleased. -w-; So I cheated and took the unicorn of the sea route. I also really wanted to make her more full-figured and give her some more layers of blubbery goodness to withstand the chilly waters she lives in, but it seems my inner VS Angel said nah son. I'll most likely give her more accessories and add more little details later when I get more of her story done and draw her again.
Did I mention it's a pain in the ass to draw those markings?
On a side note, I still can't decide on a name for her yet. Stuck between Dawn and Inanna. Votes for either one are totes welcome. ≖‿≖

While bored on a trip once, I started trying to color up ideas of how Tangerine's hair is colored. My job has me stuck in the ways of roygbiv so I stuck with that, but I couldn't decide if I want her hair to just be mirrored on both sides and start with one color at the center, like, having red at the middle for the two left images and then it's the same on either side OR if I wanted both sides of her head to be different, resulting in her having half of the colors on the left side and the other half on the right, like in the two right images, which, depending on how I did it, could give her a cool colors side and a warm colors side.
I meant to do several, several, several versions of this until I had all the possiblities I was considering laid out in front of me and then I could choose what I thought looked best, but I got tired after doing these four on a touchpad and haven't gotten back to it yet. -w-
So, uh... just enjoy these for now. I'll finish this eventually!

Ah ha, sweet shit, I have, like, one more small post's worth of art before I have to go scan and clean up new stuff, woopsy.
Back to packing now, thanks for looking!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:35 pm

Haaaaa, slow (and very hot) day on the island today so I've been working on a little bit of art I got scanned. Why did I decide to draw a small background from scratch???

Ah well, here's a little more doodles in the meantime, along with my most recent finished bit. -w-

A probably inaccurate, but not bad doodle of Tundra Aerose. She's a princess or something who gets amnesia in a rather convoluted story about who in her life is real and who isn't.
I definitely intend to refine her design a lot more in the future and decide for sure what kind of fox she is, but this was a doodle trying to work out how her hair may be styled and I wanted to scribble up a smol crown. c:

Although her species isn't evident from this angle, this is my lovely white sturgeon. I really love the character herself, even if she's a little unfinished right now. I swear I'll draw a full view of her to show off her pretty markings later.
For now, I have her living in a huge northern-ish lake, giving fishers a hard time and occasionally even capsizing small boats who intrude on her territory. She's gotten herself a bit of a mythical reputation over the years.
Still thinking of names, though. Considering Lunar, Milov, or Selah. -w- Votes welcome there. :P

How about some art that's from this year, even?!
I started a series where I'll try and sketch out a bust shot of every character of mine. This is the first out of about... 150?? Wish me luck!
Anyway, if you've seen Flame in rp or earlier in the topic, this is her babby brother, Aiden, the youngest of five siblings. He's a mute by choice after a traumatic incident when he was about 4 and speaks through sign language instead. He is also meant to be ridiculously cute and non-threatening, but I find it very challenging to draw and write children well because I avoid them irl. :P

Closest thing to a finished piece I've got! Actually from the end of last year and if you've seen my S&H rp and are observant, you probably already saw this one. -w-
Regardless, my green anaconda, Isis, in her official reference. Lemme tell ya, it was a real pain in the butt to color in all her markings, sweet lord. Especially since I decided to be a dweeb and do it on a touchpad. owo;; It was all worth it in the end, of course!
Isis lives deep within the rainforests of her world's equivalent of South America and she has a talent for certain forms of magic, but most of it requires ingredients and preparation beforehand. She also very much loves shiny things and can be bargained with through said shinies. But one should never assume that they're ever in control when dealing with 500 pounds and 20 feet of self-serving muscle and coils... C:

And, with the exception of Aiden and Isis up there, that's all the 'past art'. I have newer stuff I scanned that's from within the last year or so that I'll clean up as I have free time and keep posting. Thanks for looking!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:24 am

Tiny update is tiny, but what the hey, haven't posted in here in a couple of months. ...Maybe because I haven't drawn in a couple of months, oop

Alexia Gray, again, in her bust shot. 2 down, 100+ to go!
...I should decide what I want to do with this goof.

More-'lexia, this time in color! Kind of an old sketch, but with new color??? While bored on vacation a couple of months ago, decided I wanted to try and re-familiarize myself with how I color and also decide on a shade of silver for Alexia's hair. So just something really really simple. I'd say quick, but nothing is quick on a touchpad. -w-

Aaaaand at the risk of being repetitive, I got such a kick out of coloring Alexia, I decided to slap some color on to Aiden as well. Trying to get a shading method down and I don't think I did, but the longer I worked on it, the more I wanted to just hurry up and be done. |D
On a side note, no one should ever let me draw and color even the simplest background from scratch on a touchpad ever again. k thx

That's it for this update because video games are calling to me. :P Thanks for looking!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:50 am

Wow, haven't posted here in a while! I'd blame it on my not having had new art, but then just yesterday when I was cleaning up new sketches, I discovered I scanned a whole bunch of stuff last summer, then forgot about it and only cleaned up, like, one. Oops. So here's a tiny smidge of that! All I have fixed up so far.

The bust sketch for Alexius Eledgron. I don't draw dragons, honestly, and I guess I could have drawn his more human-like self, but that has to be redesigned and I decided I'd rather struggle to draw a dragon than a human. :P I'll clean it up and color it one day.

A quick, sloppy sketch of Azure again. Sometimes I forget how much I really like her design. Should draw her more! Or at least bring her out for rp on here. One day!

And, still being repetitive, the finished bust shot for Alexia! I was supposed to draw in a background relevant to her like I did for Aiden, but as I'm still kinda remaking her backstory, I just couldn't come up with anything and then I got bored. -w- So it's blank for now.
Fairly pleased with it, though? I need to color more often so I can get a proper handle on it. -w- Maybe after I get a new tablet.

Anyway, that's kinda it for now, this was a short update until I clean up more of last summer's art. Thanks for looking!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down