Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manga series

5 posters

Go down

Manga series Empty Manga series

Post by kingleon Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:58 pm

So i was thinking  of making a manga series with some of my characters. If you look at my profile picture you will see a picture i drew of shocker the hedgehog. The first fc i created.
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Manga series Empty Re: Manga series

Post by kingleon Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:03 pm

I wish i knew how to animate sprite videos. So i can make this manga into a sprite series. But i need someone to make the sprites and animate. Cause i dont know how
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:12 pm

So basically- I need somebody else to do the really hard work all about my characters and my writing?
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy The Wolf Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Aww lay of the kid a bit he's 12 :/ he just needs to learn a bit!
Also that's a wonderful drawing Smile
Galaxy The Wolf
Galaxy The Wolf

http://spiderfiles.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:26 pm

Well, when I was 12, I made my own sprite animations. Albeit they were terrible, it's basically you being lazy if you can't be bothered to even try to learn how to sprite and animate in Flash. It's a surprisingly basic thing to do and messing around with the program alone can get you very far. Just - don't expect SMBZ style fighting sequences right off the bat or you will seriously be disappointed.

Otherwise, asking other people to do your work - people that hardly know about you or your characters at the moment - is kind of far fetched and will almost certainly get you nowhere, unless there's some godlike sprite artist and animator on this forum that would waste hours of their lives making something for you.

tl;dr, do it yourself.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Maybe instead of a manga series or an animates sprite series, why not go for a middle ground, a sprite comic?
They are relatively easy to make and can be a good practice for story telling and sprites in general c:
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:34 pm

^ This. Animation requires frame by frame sprites (A lot, which can be difficult to do) but a sprite comic requires only one per panel, and once you have a good flow going, you'll find that things will go a lot smoother. I'm not much of a spriter, but you should ask Spekkal and Dregan for advice if you go into spriting. Uncanny is also really good at them IIRC. Don't ask them to do it FOR YOU, though.

What I do when it comes to sprites is I usually recolor at first, but pixel by pixel so I can get an idea of the shape and form of the sprites. THEN I do it from scratch using the thing I'm basing it off to the side, so it's my own work 100% and I can make it look however I want. It's a slow process to sprite at first but once again.

Once you got a flow going, it's fast!
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Burning-Fox wrote:Well, when I was 12, I made my own sprite animations. Albeit they were terrible, it's basically you being lazy if you can't be bothered to even try to learn how to sprite and animate in Flash. It's a surprisingly basic thing to do and messing around with the program alone can get you very far. Just - don't expect SMBZ style fighting sequences right off the bat or you will seriously be disappointed.

Otherwise, asking other people to do your work - people that hardly know about you or your characters at the moment - is kind of far fetched and will almost certainly get you nowhere, unless there's some godlike sprite artist and animator on this forum that would waste hours of their lives making something for you.

tl;dr, do it yourself.

This is probably the most important post on this topic, I think.

I was ten when I first tried spriting. I was inspired by hundreds of amazing spriters who, looking back on it, weren't that great... but were inspiring. I tried to match their work, and couldn't, so I retreated from it like a wounded animal. I tried again a few months later, and didn't stop. Like any form of art, spriting and drawing is something YOU need to practise at.

There is no harm in being bad at it. We all start somewhere, after all. What there is harm in, is asking other people to do it for you. Especially for free. You run the risk of becoming lazy if people accept, and offending those who don't.

So... try it yourself. Never expect to be great from the get go, but know that if you keep working at it, you will be. Personally speaking, I think a manga/comic is a great idea, if you have the time for it. It is a splendid way of telling the story of your character.

But YOU have to be the one to do it.

edit: Whoops, in the time it took me to write this, other people have responded. And I agree with them! A sprite comic is a perfect place to start. You can tell your story, build your skill, and learn a new one in the process.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kingleon Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:41 pm

Yes but im banned from using my computer right now thats another reason why i can't animate. Im making these posts on a tablet
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:49 pm

Then wait until you get ahold of a PC. That's no excuse to leech off other people. I dealt with not having a pen tablet for drawing for 4 entire years.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down