Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonic Boom

5 posters

Go down

Sonic Boom Empty Sonic Boom

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:18 pm

I admit I need to catch up but I just want to find others who legit enjoy this show because dangit.

I do love what they did with most characters and honestly if there's a single character I dislike it's Sticks. The rest just have really memorable personalities and designs that I personally think fit so well. Like I admit some designs took me a bit to get used to.

Plus the humor, like this is one of those shows that should be enjoyed for that and not the story so much as the story is about the same most of the time as most typical Sonic games 'BEAT BAD GUY'

But yeah, lets make this a positive thread, so no people who just want to harp on it, POINT OUT WHAT YOU DO LIKE AND WHAT COULD MAYBE HAVE USED SOME TWEAKING!~
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Sonic Boom Empty Re: Sonic Boom

Post by SilverCTS Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:08 pm

I've always liked Sonic Boom for it's quirky sense of humor and all the interactions between characters, especially Sonic and Eggman, but the exact moment Sonic Boom became one of my favorite TV shows was the episode staring Shadow because of Eggman's glorious meta line.

"*Gasp* Shadow the Hedgehog! Hey everybody, look! Shadow's here! I knew springing for those embossed invitations would impress!"

"Who's he?"

"He's only the second most popular character in the whole canon!"

That right there is why I wake up early on Saturdays
SilverCTS
SilverCTS

Location : Laying on the roof of my apartments laundry mat marathoning Animaniacs on Netflix

Back to top Go down

Post by Codename-Jack Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:51 pm

I get why people don't like it. Most people are upset that everyone acts mean spirited to eachother and that Knucles is a bigger idiot than he already was... but the humor is fantastic. I laugh so much I snort half the time and yes, the animation style is very appealing.

I think what people foget is that Sonic has NEVER been wholly consistent. Boom doesn't have to be anything other than "Boom" if it wants to be.
Codename-Jack
Codename-Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:35 pm

SilverCTS wrote:I've always liked Sonic Boom for it's quirky sense of humor and all the interactions between characters, especially Sonic and Eggman, but the exact moment Sonic Boom became one of my favorite TV shows was the episode staring Shadow because of Eggman's glorious meta line.

"*Gasp* Shadow the Hedgehog! Hey everybody, look! Shadow's here! I knew springing for those embossed invitations would impress!"

"Who's he?"

"He's only the second most popular character in the whole canon!"

That right there is why I wake up early on Saturdays
What episode was that? I need to see it.

Nevermind I found it, man that's some next level fourth wall breaking right there.

Last edited by RickerRagdoll on Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Found it)

Back to top Go down

Post by Furious Finch Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:12 pm

They ought to give Knuckles his island back. The story of him being isolated aside from his (useless) father really makes his lack of education and general social foolishness make sense... instead of him being just an idiot. That's sort of shallow.

Furious Finch
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteranoftheconsolewars Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:01 pm

I honestly couldn't get into the show at all, no matter what I tried to do. Forced myself to watch it, including the episode with Shadow in it, but... I just can't get into it. Robotnik seems dummer than ever, to the point he's willing to sleep in the same building as Sonic and do his friggin' dishes... And the Shadow Cameo felt 100% pointless, especially when they hailed him as a villain when he's pretty much an anti-hero.

Like, I wanted to like the show, but it fell to the lowest and laziest writing technique ever: "Everyone can be as dumb or smart as the writers want them to be, no matter what they've demonstrated in the past canon." There's just... no growth! It feels like the very first sonic cartoon where things could happen regardless of logic and often ended up going nowhere with its characters! It's the same reason I can't stand shows like Teen Titans Go. I have a physical need for the characters to arrive somewhere other than where they started... But for shows like Sonic Boom, it's an unfortunate Mobius Strip that doesn't bother trying, and any kind of 'development' that happens in an episode is tossed away for the next idea, leaving the characters no better than before.

HOWEVER!!!

That is not to say I think it's a bad show. The animation is very fast, AS IT SHOULD BE for a Sonic show, though in some cases I think it needs to slow down for the characters who can't actually move at such fantastic speeds, just a bit. The colors are great, and the voice acting can't be knocked since you've got the return of great voices like Mike Pollock and Travis Willingham for their respective characters. If it were any other group of characters, I might actually enjoy the series more, much like if it were some other, non-canon group of super heroes, I'd watch TTGo more... I don't hate mindless shows that go nowhere like Johnny Test or the Simpsons, just hitting the reset button and making sure the characters can move on to the next episode... but when you have characters taken from existing canon and set into that kind of universe, it just doesn't sit well with me. If it's characters I like, then I want them to grow! But if its someone I don't much care about, then I'm fine if they act stupid, selfish, ignorant and downright asshole-ish for no good reason. So, it's not that the show's bad... It's just that when you take beloved icons and put it into something goofy, you're going to get a lot, and I mean A LOT of blowback.
Veteranoftheconsolewars
Veteranoftheconsolewars
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down