Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Webcomics!

4 posters

Go down

Webcomics! Empty Webcomics!

Post by Froshana Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:52 am

SO!
Just recently caught up on a few of my favorite webcomics and getting all the good feelings from those and it made me curious as to who else on here has favorites they'd like to share! And, of course, it never hurts to add a couple more to my list of comics to read in the future. c:

So throw out some links, guys! I'll probably share some of mine later when I'm not half-asleep. -w- Bonus (although useless) points if you also tell us a little about the webcomic(s) you're recommending and what it is you like about them!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Webcomics! Empty Re: Webcomics!

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:00 am

Ah yes the comics of the web~
And thus as asked I shall share a few of my favs

Sister Clair It's about a nun that ends up pregnant because an angel says so. Except as it turns out there's a lot more behind it including something with 'The Horned One'

Homestuck Do I really need to explain? It's about a bunch of kids who play a game and the earth gets destroyed as result of it. And now they are gearing up to fight the end boss. Also there's trolls and cherubs and a trillion timelines.

Bar'd (Shhh this counts even if a sprite comic) It's about adventure's of a crew that works at a bar. That's the simplest summary I could give. Honestly it has really good smaller arcs and good single comic jokes. Plus it's made by Dre, yes.

Ankojin (Shh counts as well) It's about this adorable squishy guy with a lot of mysteries of his past. Also there's a play in the recent arc with animated gifs, yes.

I'll leave it at those four for now, yes
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:14 pm

Uncanny-Illustrator wrote:Bar'd (Shhh this counts even if a sprite comic) It's about adventure's of a crew that works at a bar. That's the simplest summary I could give. Honestly it has really good smaller arcs and good single comic jokes. Plus it's made by Dre, yes.
I would recommend this heartily ;D

Another I'd recommend is Goblins! It's quite a long one and it's been going on for a while, but you can REALLY see the art improvement along the way! Basic summary is that a group of goblins decide to become adventurers and take up classes, and things get hectic from there.

Another favourite of mine is Rumplestiltskin! Based off the old fairytale, with a sorta... not modern twist, but still a cool and interesting take on it. The art is absolutely fantastic, and the characters are incredibly well-written.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:27 pm

Oh man, Goblins is still a thing? I haven't read that in aaaaaages...

Anyway, I'll throw out a few of my favourite ones here real quick!

Lackadaisy! is a comic following the adventures of a criminal organisation of a gin-club, with a mafia/rum-runner feel. It has one of THE most beautiful art styles I've seen in awhile, a wide variety of characters... annnnd all the characters are cats. Need I say more?

Looking for group! is another fantasy comic, which follows the adventures of a small group of heroes. There are often a fair few references to things such as D&D and other rpg games. The art style has improved greatly over the years, and recently they've set up a sub-series which shows some of the backstories to various NPC's. Also, who doesn't love murderous, fire wielding warlocks?

Broodhollow is another neat comic, this time set in the quaint, traditional town of Broodhollow. Full of superstitions and various holidays, the protagonist slowly begins to find there's a little more to the town than first meets the eye... also, more illegal gin-joints. Who doesn't love a good illegal gin-joint?
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:43 am

Two Kinds Also gonna add Two Kinds because it is a really nice long running comic with good solid characters and you can just see the art get better and better over time. I don't properly know how to explain it despite it feeling so simple for a setting and such. But it's very typical adventure stuff ;D
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:30 am

OKAY so I definitely didn't forget about this topic, I'm just lazy af and a terrible person oops sorry

So I actually don't use my laptop lately (yay iPad), which is where I keep my list of webcomics to read and that is thus why I have not actually replied on here yet. But, I'm on here now and I have saved all of these webcomics mentioned into my list for a good rainy day! I did start reading some of them and ugh, a lot of interesting stuff! It's gonna be hard to decide where to start, but I'll get it!

In the meantime, I can go ahead and throw out a couple of my faves! owo Spark totes beat me to Lackadaisy, which is amazing and if you haven't read it yet, please do so, like, right now. Now.

So! Cucumber Quest! I'm almost surprised this one didn't already get put up, but it's a super cute and funny comic about some bunny kids on an epic quest. I'm totes in love with the art style. And the big bad is pretty ding dang cool. Sorry not sorry, just go and check it out.

Paranatural! Haven't been following this comic for too, too long, but I've totally gotten hooked on it. It's about a bunch of middle school kids with, like, spirit powers and hilarity and a lot of yes. Click that link. You will understand.

Prequel! So, go figure, I tried Homestuck and it never stuck for me, but Prequel sure did! Maybe I'm biased because the main character is a cat Khajiit. It's been a really cool trip with this story (which I probably can't explain very well), though, and while it's sure given me giggles, it has also made me just sit there and stare off into space, trying to stop feeling stuff for a while. I feel so much for this character. Very interesting stuff right here.

And finally, Strays! This comic has actually already ended (for the most part), so if you read it, hurrah! No waiting for new pages! The story throws together an orphan and a mercenary, both of a race of wolf-like people. Things get real, but it's all in good fun, right? Right.

There are a couple of others I tend to read off and on, but I'll admit these are all the ones I'm currently caught up on at the moment. If I get caught up on more of them, I can share.
And since it took me forever to actually post here again, it's a good time to check up! Find any new webcomics you're trying out lately and want to share? Bring 'em on!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum