Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Musical Instruments!

4 posters

Go down

Musical Instruments! Empty Musical Instruments!

Post by Midknight Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:57 pm

I thought there was already a topic about this but I can't seem to find it, so apologies if I'm making an unnecessary thread here ;n;

Any who, just a little curious about what instruments people play? Are you a guitarist, vocalist, violin player etc.?
Just to add, maybe say if you've named your instruments? What kind of warm ups and exercises do you do? How long have you been playing? What's your favourite song to play? What kind of things make you nervous? And lastly, have you wrote or made any of your own stuff!

- - - - 

Well! As a lot of you I'm sure will already know, I myself am a drummer! I'm currently studying Music Performance, which is a big mix of things really - Music history, looking deeper into further understanding your instrument, learning about live performance, different careers, and loads more! 
I've been playing for about..uh...Six years? But I never really took it seriously until sometime last year~ And just to say, I've hella improved this past couple of months!
I own an electric drum kit, cost me around £750...People thought I was crazy but it was worth it cause it's a good piece of kit to have! I don't have a regular acoustic drum kit as I have neighbours who wouldn't be too impressed if I were banging and crashin all day.
As a warm up, I tend to play a good, simple, easy song, my favourite warm up song being Uptown Funk. Got a nice easy beat and it tends to get me in a good mood~ And my favourite song to play in general, is a song called St. Patrick by my favourite band ever PVRIS. I actually played the song for my audition into my course, and they said it was excellent and gave me a place right on the spot!
Lastly, in terms of drums - I recently about 4/5 weeks ago joined a band and I'm now a drummer for them, we're looking to start making our own music so I'll be sure to share some when it comes around

As for other instruments, I own an acoustic guitar who I called Bambi, I haven't played it much admittedly cause guitar is something I'm finding quite difficult to pick up, and it doesn't help I struggle for time to actually sit and learn it :c

And lastly, I'm also trying to fit in a bit of Ukulele! Which is easier than guitar I find, there's less strings, and the strings aren't made of metal, so it doesn't hurt my fingers. And yes Ukulele is as adorable and amazing as it sounds xD My one I own is actually a really good make, a Les Paul Epiphone I believe, and her name is Amber! I can't play any songs fully but I can do a little bit of House of Gold by Twenty One Pilots, Shake It Off by Taylor Swift and The Only Exception by Paramore!
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Musical Instruments! Empty Re: Musical Instruments!

Post by ChaoticBou Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:42 pm

Oh hoi there! I see there was a music topic and I, as a great musician should definitely post something here. Haha~

Anyway I already have five years of experience with the piano. I also play keyboard but currently I play way more piano than keyboard. It just sounds way more powerful and mighty and it makes me feel like I can actually do stuff in life c:. But my skills are pretty bad when I see people that only have one year of experience. I mostly just play some accords to go with my singing! Yes I actually sing sometimes! And it's not that great, but I'm really enjoying it! And that's what it's all about isn't it?

I am not in the pocession of another instrument. I have tried the guitar once, but my heads just say no to it. Also rhythm instruments are a big no for me too because seriously I can't even hold a beat.

I play the piano at least 3 times a week for 20 minutes. I also have a job now where I play keyboard for a church choir and it's amazingggggg!
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:20 pm

This may seem crazy but i have played the trumpet for 2 or 3 years now and i just recently switched to the tuba, intending to switch to the baritone but my mom was telling me i have a personality of a tuba so here i am switching from a trumpet to a tuba, but it is going well so that is good. And no other insturments
Thunder
Thunder
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:25 am

I wont lie, I really need to practice more with my instruments. And thus most I do have/play I can only play to a certain degree IreallyNeedToPracticeMoreButOneIsSuperLoud

But yeah I own a 4-hole ocarina where I can play the classic Zelda stuff! And also 'So long and thanks for all the fish' and 'Hedwig's theme'. I really need t practice it more but it's just really damm loud.

I also have an old keyboard which I really need to practice with more. I can play the super easy stuff but that is it :c

While I don't own one, I do know how to play certain bits of guitar. And my favorite to play on that is the intro bit to 'Nothing else matters'
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down