Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We've heard why you're here, Now why did you stay?

+5
ResolverOshawott
Spekkal
Electrisa
Uncanny-Illustrator
spark tb
9 posters

Go down

We've heard why you're here, Now why did you stay? Empty We've heard why you're here, Now why did you stay?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:21 pm

So, I believe there was already a topic a while back about reasons you came here to this site.

Now my question is, what made you stay here? This is mostly for members at least a couple months in.

Basically, why I'm still here as of currently, is, this site is an escapism! Its a place where I can write and focus on other things to escape from negativity. Which is why I'm going to become a LOT more active! 

Alright, you guy's turn!

Back to top Go down

We've heard why you're here, Now why did you stay? Empty Re: We've heard why you're here, Now why did you stay?

Post by spark tb Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:32 pm

Friends, mainly.

Like don't get me wrong, I love the rping and all the different topics there are to talk about, but friends are what sucked me in, and friends are what will keep me here.

And I'm not just talking about the ones I had prior to joining. I've met plenty of new people since joining, some of whom I'd like to think I'll stay friends with for the years to come. People here... well, they're here for you. Its nice.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

We've heard why you're here, Now why did you stay? Empty Re: We've heard why you're here, Now why did you stay?

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:31 pm

I am still here because my soul is bound to this place and escape is something I can't do without help.
Help meeeeeee
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:41 pm

SOMEONE'S GOTTA TAKE CARE OF YOU SCRUBS, AND THIS IS WHY I AM STILL HERE.

And also because my whole squad is here, love you guys.
And also because despite how much actual stress this is (though the least for me I'm sure) I still love every single one of you and I really hope we get more and more members, no matter how cringeworthy they might be. WE CAN TAKE IT ON
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:48 pm

I'm here cause all admins are like the sites babysitters and can't leave unless we get paid which is never.
I mean
I'm here cause I already put so much effort into trying to make it alive, that abandoning it sorta seems like a waste?
Oh and uh
people too
i guess

EDIT: OH AND WHAT ELEC SAID SO IT DOESN'T MAKE ME LOOK THAT BAD
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ResolverOshawott Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:16 pm

I left before the site revision because my interests faltered to else where but now I choose to come back and stay because my interest for Sonic stuff is back and I'll be making a character soon.

ResolverOshawott
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:18 am

I don't really know why I'm here...maybe it has to do with the fact that:

THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE IN EXISTENCE WHERE PEOPLE WON'T JUDGE YOUR SANITY WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT FAN-MADE PEOPLE FROM VIDEO GAMES!

That and I need a place to escape to as well...I'm dead inside...

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:47 am

/// I couldn't find any non group-based Sonic Rps on DA and I still can't 
LAUGHS
Plus it's pretty nice here and it's cool to get to try out a forum type place again
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

http://toyhou.se/SparkleSwirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:34 pm

Well... this is a topic that slaps me in the face a lot. It's a question I can't answer for 100%, to be honest.

Nostalgia? I guess that's something that I can tie to it, mainly because I was here on the site in late 2011. (22nd of November) I grew up with a bunch of people here and got to know plenty of things about RP and stuff. We went through phases, we did all kinds of fun stuff and the roleplays were absolutely awesome. It was almost a daily thing and when we found the chatbox was a thing that existed - we never stopped talking. The site only got bigger from then and I've been dragged site to site.

But I ended up back here.

The members from before are scarce, to say the least. Aqua, Armquest, Flame, Skye... several have been gone for a while. But I guess the reason I stick around - even if I suck at posting on a regular basis as of a while now - is I DO want to sort of start again I guess.

I mean, sure, the past times were great. But I just hope that I can make more with people here. It's demotivating to see my topics not get responses, but I'm trying to get out of the mindset that the topics I already have created are the only ones I can post on.

Speaking of which, I'm always up to an RP! So if you wanna give me a shout, go right ahead, and we can work something out.

Whoops, I rambled on a bit.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:51 pm

Tbh, I dreaded the idea of joining a forum of strangers because I have some poor social habits when it comes to new people, ha. But I joined because someone joined in and I follow C.S.O. like a ridiculous puppy sometimes. I am definitely not just making sure that no one intrudes on my territory, nope.

Granted, the place managed to grow on me, even if it can be rather quiet and, in the end, I'm still just doing rps with C.S.O. that we'd just do on Skype one way or another. -w-;; Hopefully I can fix that by starting some more forum-oriented rps on my part, though. I swear, I'm trying to come up with stuff, but after years of doing one-on-one on Skype where the stories can just revolve around one character's situation... Yeah. Making stuff for groups is a bit tougher!

But! I've stuck around in hopes of things picking up and also continuing to work on improving my own characters through interaction with others. Here's hoping that... you know, stuff happens. All that jazz! c:
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:29 pm

I first joined cause I was interested in trying to get back into rp in a more public venue rather than just rping on Skype. Why I'm still here? I must admit that trying to justify that seems much more difficult.

I'm still someone mostly interested in just rping, but I will admit I'm a bit picky about what I get involved in. I've created a couple of rp's, but they don't really feel that successful. I've joined other rp's, but they never seem to last long. I don't mind getting involved in forum discussions that catch my attention.

I guess why I'm still here is that I'm hoping things turn around and become more active in terms of rp. I wanted to rp with more than my own circle of friends and maybe have a chance to get some interesting stories going. I feel you have a better chance of that when you have unfamiliar people taking part with new characters you've never met. I hope I'll get that chance here at some point.

For now, I'll probably just wait and see what happens, unless something else comes along.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down