Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letting it all go.

+2
RushTheHedgehog
Shrike Marine
6 posters

Go down

Letting it all go. Empty Letting it all go.

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:24 pm

-There came a time in ones life where you had to make a choice..you could either live with how things are..or change them..for better or for worse. Shrikes case was not that different really. Times had come and gone just like the days in which he lived. However he felt like a lot had held him back, trapped him in the current way of life he saw no way out of. If he went there some one would be waiting, If he tried to run he  would be found. 

His friends..well you could say retaining or making them was difficult at best, what with all his trusting problems. Those he knew, knew him in a different light to how the rest looked upon him. They saw a living breathing protective person..while the world saw a gun crazed run away with a aggression disorder. However he could live with that.

What Shrike was suffering from was a severe case of PTSD. This toppled with plagued nightmares of the Arkgate crisis never left him, no matter how hard he tried to ignore or shunt them aside they were with him every step of the way...the cold darkness of the corridors..the endless screaming of his fellow soldiers being mercilessly ripped to shreads by the darkness it had unleashed...and by him and a hanful...stood against the raging consuming darkness...with determination , will and a lot of ordinance drove it straight back to where it belonged...knee deep in hell...sparing millions of lives that day...but the toll taken for it was to great...he was never the same afterwards.

Whether he liked it or not Shrike's patience was wearing thin of the current situation..He was on the verge of doing thing he swore never to do again. Return to the place it happened...and finally...let it go...It was going to be a dangerous journey...who knew what would lay in wait for him...The main facility of Project Ark had been abandon...the project relocated off world....Shrike sat, isolated at a calm river side..flicking his helmet from palm to palm..deciding when the time is right

He just hoped he did not have to do this alone..but it was just only way..of finally for once and for all..to let it go..and face his demons-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Letting it all go. Empty Re: Letting it all go.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Ricker (me) had just gotten out of school and walked towards the human(?) with intrigue, he wondered why he was here and why he had that military-like clothing on.  He sat down next to him and hummed an imaginary tune, wondering if it would get his attention.

Back to top Go down

Post by RushTheHedgehog Thu May 05, 2016 7:49 pm

Rush was walking around town, testing his edited shoes that he had put gems in for antigravity, (sort of like an infinite parlour cheat in Sonic Lost World) instead of being in school, like he was supposed to. He eventually 'parkoured' to the end of town and was face to face with a forest, he nodded and jumped into the forest to run around and get away from everyday worries, and he can be heard along with the sounds of breaking twigs and rustling leaves. (I know my name sounds lazy, but it really came from the idea of the soda Orange Crush, I'm just orange :p)

RushTheHedgehog
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu May 05, 2016 7:57 pm

( Sorry Ricker totally forgot about this post gonna have to re do yours) -The masked armored figure heard something , something moving quickly and in his general direction, this stunned him, usually this place was totally abandon with no sign of life, seems like he was totally wrong by this understanding, his first action was simple. Defense, the armored figure turned his sights towards the on coming sound, he thought this meant trouble as most times when a sound did come his way it usually ended up like that,-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by RushTheHedgehog Thu May 05, 2016 8:11 pm

An orange hedgehog zooms past Shrike and into a tree (accompanied by the appropriate sound effect of course XD) a little bit behind him, he falls to the ground holding his head, then shaking it as I get up.

RushTheHedgehog
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu May 05, 2016 8:26 pm

-The armored figure sprung to his feet, designating the location of impact, the figure moved towards him, heading directly for him was this large armored up figured holding what seemed to be a large weapon in his hand, This could either mean two things for the speeding Hedge Hog, He was going to have a really bad day, or this figure was actually going to help him. Either way the situation was always tense when this guy came showing up like he did.-

" Well well well, what do we have here....going a little to fast I see....hmhmhmmhmh...you should look where you are going next time." 

- extending his one hand out the armored figure offered his hand, this showed he was not a threat to him.- 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Thu May 05, 2016 9:23 pm

(( @RushTheHedgehog: It'd seem you have not read the rules yet, newbie. Before you join any other RP or continue this one, please do that first, k? C: ))
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu May 05, 2016 11:53 pm

A red hedgehog walked along a path through the forest, his hands in the pockets of the long, open coat he was wearing. He was deep in thought, almost lost within the cloud of his mind. 'i-is any of this important?' He thought to himself, sifting through the lines of dialogue moving at a bewildering pace through his mind.

His attention was dragged away from himself when a loud 'thud' sounded throughout the forest. "wha-?" He muttered to himself, looking in the general direction the noise came from. He ran through the trees, coming to a stop when he saw an armoured figure looming over an orange hedgehog. "Hey! What's going on, here?" He spoke, holding his hands inside his coat.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu May 12, 2016 9:38 am

-The figured turned around, Staring at him was a familiar figure, one he had encountered before. It was Shrike, the lone soldier who had previously fought with him, seems like he found him again.- 

" Well well well Look who found me again. I'm not that good a hiding it seems. Nice to see you again. We really did a number on those creatures didn't we."

- Holstering his weapon Shrike was more then welcoming of him.- 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu May 12, 2016 11:35 am

The figure turned around, revealing a familiar face... Well, helmet. "Shrike! Been a while." Caen said, smiling "and I'm surprised you can hide at all with that get-up!"

He walked towards Shrike, speaking as he moved "I wouldn't really know if we did a number, 'cause that was the only time I've ever seen 'em. I found out there was few casualties, luckily. The village was still destroyed, but... I'm glad I managed to help somewhat." He stared at the ground, before shaking his head and looking back at the armoured man "so, how've you been?"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu May 12, 2016 11:40 am

-Shrike pattered his shoulder, a sign of respect, something he didn't just hand out to any one, Fighting the Dark ones was no easy feat and it took guts to face them head on like he did. You could almost say Shrike was impressed by his fighting style and determination.-

" It's good to see you again as well Caen, yea you can say hiding is not my strong suite any more, I try go here and there and just about any where but some how I am always found, Thankfully by you and not by some one else....The casualties were noted, but you and I did every thing we could to stop that attack...I say we did a dam good job at it.... Well how to put it Caen, my life is pretty much this...stop them here...be on the run, find another group of them and do it all over again...don't really have a place to call home tho....And yourself. What is new from your side ? "  
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:25 pm

((Do you mind if I jump in? I know this RP hasn't been touched in a while, but hopefully it can come back from the dead :3))

A red and white wolf girl was hopping from tree to tree in the general area. Feeling the wind brush through her fur brought a sigh of content from her lips as she enjoyed the freedom of nature. 

Since waking up, Tala had not been able to consider herself truly free. The constant thoughts of being recaptured were forever embedded in the mind for her to go over in the form of nightmares every single night. The smells and air of being outside took it all away, at least for a short while.

Maroon ears perked as she heard noises just ahead of her current location.There was what could only be described as a thud, then voices. One in particular sounded familiar to her, but she shrugged it off. It was unlikely that it was whom she was thinking of.

Coming right up to the point where the voices were at their loudest, she looked around the side of a nearby tree.

A red hedgehog she recognised as Caen Flare, stood in front of a...human.

He was clad in green armour, his face covered by a helmet. Tala sensed a lot of negativity resonating from this human and her ears fell back slowly as she was drawn to the darkness, absorbing it as she neared the two. She felt her fur begin to bristle as her tail suddenly became twice its normal size die to being in the nearby vicinity of the same species as what caused  her so much pain in the past.

He felt somewhat familiar to her though. No matter how much she tried to push the feeling that she knew him from somewhere, it just came right back, making her curiosity grow more and more.

She approached the others cautiously, holding her tail to calm her nerves.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:38 pm

( By all means ) 

-Shrike could feel something approaching, lacking any kind of sense ability, he could feel something moving towards him, he stopped talking , before turning around, he stood there waiting..watching...there in the far back some one was approaching them, he couldn't make out who was coming, he by sheer instinct, he pulls out a weapon, yet he does not raise it in any form, but by this stage this was just a common practice for him. 

As the being drew ever closer her image came into a view, Shrike saw this was some one he never met before, but had a feeling rush down his spine as if something triggered in his mind, a kind of familiar feeling, as she came closer he started to think to himself, could it be ? Nah not a chance, Shrike decided to act first, his voice was a strange radio like tone, the result of his speaking coming through the helmet.-

" Excuse me mam...yes you there...stay where you are....identify yourself...So we or I may know who you are..don't worry I don't plan on harming you..just need to be sure...that is all." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy the Jealous Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:24 pm

Well. Walking not far from where the others' location, a white fox girl was (quite conveniently) walking through the forest, her long black hair swishing side to side against her corset and leggings as she approached the nearest signs of mobian/human life.

It was unusually silent, other than her low breathing and the occasional pushing of a bush, that is, until a voice broke through, kind of like one you'd hear from the receiving end of a radio. However all the fox heard was something about harming someone? 

She was oddly curious(?) and just HAD to find out, so when she found the source, she hid behind a tree beside a bush, and poked her head out from said tree, she saw a green armoured man(?) with a weapon out, some hedgehog... And there must've been someone else, considering the direction the man was facing in, and even if she couldn't feel fear, she'd rather not be on someone's bad side.

The girl made sure not to move a lot, as her steps would probably make a lot of sound, considering where she is standing. She held both of her hands/paws(?) against the tree to keep balance as she held her tail close, so she could observe without being seen...
Envy the Jealous
Envy the Jealous
Expert Member
Expert Member

Location : Being jealous of all the great artists on this site >.<

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:46 pm

Caen continued talking, until he noticed that Shrike was looking elsewhere, as if someone suspicious had been spotted, and Shrike was soon holding a firearm of some kind, asking whoever it was to identify themselves, making sure to note that he meant no harm. Caen looked around, spotting the red wolf standing near a tree. "Tala? Long time no see!" Caen said, waving his arm "no need to be wary, Shrike, I know her." He said. He soon dropped his smile when he heard a rustling of leaves that didn't sound quite like it was made by the wind. He shook his head "so... Uh, anyway, what are you up to, these days?" He asked Tala, seemingly oblivious to the rustling, except for the fact that he lay one hand on the pommel of one of his blades, in case there was an emergency.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:08 pm

-Shrike was picking up another target, his helmet could do this kind of thing, unfortunately he couldn't pin point where or who it was, Caen on the other hand seemed to know who this new comer was, Shrike on the other hand started to get nervous, this sudden appearance of beings showing up in a location he once thought was safe, was starting to slowly fade, but if Caen knew who she was then she possibly couldn't be a threat, he decided to let Caen handle speaking to her, truth be told and he knew it

Caen was far far better with words them Shrike ever was, he usually shot first then asked questions, yet over the time he spent watching the Red Hedgehog he started to learn slowly that shooting was not always the right choice, every now and then the armored figure would look over his shoulder, that other strange contact was close by, could it be on of them stalking the group..or was it just some innocent bystander passing by.

Shrike didn't say a word, nothing he hardly even moved I guess you can put it in a sense of he was in a very defensive mind set, he tried to relax but that was difficult enough for him. So he spoke to himself quietly.- 

"Shrike, don't do any thing stupid...you know what usually happens when you start to wave weapons around, they attack...just keep it together and keep your eyes open......and every thing will be fine...I hope." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:34 pm

The bright blue eyes of Tala kept focused solely on the green armoured human now in front of her and the rec hedgehog she placed at least a little trust in to know what was safe, and what wasn't.

She didn't have a clue as to why he was here. His whole demeanor in general didnt exactly shout he was ready for attacking anyone, but he was human.

"I'm just passing through, being outside is the best thing about being free, you know?" She spoke with a low tine, her fangs bared as if she was saying it more to the human rather than the one she knew. "I wouldn't appreciate it much if someone was to capture me again."

Deciding to keep an eye on the human, she heard some rustling from the other side of the clearing they were all standing in. Her ears twitched at the sound as she followed the sound with her eyes.

"You have a lot of darkness in you, human." The last word was almost spat out it held so much venom in it. She looked over to the direction where sound was coming from fully.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy the Jealous Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:46 pm

The arctic fox noticed every one looking towards her, so she ever so slowly stepped out, with both hands a bit raised, and a shy smile. She spoke in what sounded like a British accent, but it wasn't very heavy.

"A'ight, ye found me"

She did keep her distance, but stayed in sight. But it seemed like she was scanning the three. Especially Shrike, who she looked most curious of.

She took one step forth, lowering her hands slightly...
Envy the Jealous
Envy the Jealous
Expert Member
Expert Member

Location : Being jealous of all the great artists on this site >.<

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:10 pm

-Shrike was starting to feel very very uneasy in the situation he had landed up in, the only one who probably knew him best was Caen, Shrike began to take a few steps back, as if he felt he was going to be attacked, was he right ? or was this just a automatic reaction stemmed from what he had been through, no one could see the face that was behind the worn out, light brown helmet that sat on his head, just marks, impacts, scorches told a story enough.

on his left shoulder plate, was the faded symbol of a organisation known through out the planet...the Guardian units of nations, he seemed nervous, tense, hyper vigilant and quiet...very quiet, he did not respond to the wolf who seemed to show a severe trust issue towards him, almost like hatred.

Shrike at this stage knew most of the world hated who he was, many lies, and stories were told, to put as much on him as possible and for that reason he showed no hostile signs to her showing of dislike towards him, he just saw it as "another one" who was against him, Thankfully neither of them could tell if he was making eye contact, but he did noticed them all staring at him.

-He shifted his head to the new comer, who he never seen or heard of, but if its one thing he did know, never trust any one at first sight...he made that mistake to many times and almost paid with his life as a result, yet he stood there quiet. He had a disturbing feeling about the red wolf as if someone he had seen before a while ago, but refuse to speak, letting Caen do that.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:07 am

Tala turned to see the other Mobians in the vicinity. They didn't seem to be affected by the human who was nearby. She knew it was because of her past, but it unnerved her to see others of her kind conversing without any mistrust.

Sure she could be seen as over reacting, but who wouldn't have an issue with what happened in her past? A lot of pain was caused to her, both mentally and physically. 

Feeling eyes on her from the others, she took a deep breath, closed her eyes and calmed her over working brain down.

"Alright. I dont like to do this, but there's something about you that feels familiar. Caen trusts you too, and this... fox? Well she looks like a fox anyway, they seem to hold nothing against you. I trust in them, and therefore I shall give you one chance."

Again, the mistrust was flowing out of her in waves, but for the sake of peace, she would try and hold the bad feelings back until more information was brought to enforce whether he should be trusted or not. He hadn't done anything as of yet which was a positive sign in her alert eyes.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:27 pm

( Caen your move man. )
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum