Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go tell your friends about it.

4 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Go tell your friends about it. Empty Re: Go tell your friends about it.

Post by Spekkal Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:59 am

Right, I've just woke up, so pardon any typos, but time to address this! Yeah!

Better Profile Editing:  Yea the Profile editing now is alright it could be better if Bio's were added maybe
You have to remember, that Forumotion is sort of a template. This forum wasn't made from scratch, it used a template, and thus has limitations on what we can and cannot do. While it would be cool, the staff we have aren't code-savvy, and we'd be at a loss on how to implement this. Plus, well, who actually properly looks at the bios of people?

Change able backgrounds: Not that the current background is bad but it would be nice to have the option to change it to your liking.
We actually want this ourselves! Unfortunately, the only person who can implement this is the Forum Founder, Sythe, who doesn't come to this forum anymore. We really do want a drop-down menu to select backgrounds, but this is an impossibility unless Sythe ever comes back.

Site Theme Song: I don't know maybe a nice little tune that has the option to be turned on or off.
1) Arguments on music choice
2) It'd be like those really annoying musical pop-up ads. Open the forum and music.
3) Youtube in another tab? People keep suggesting music for the forum and it's like... youtube? In? Another tab? Why have set music when you can have your own? If anything, it's unnecessary and would get annoying VERY quickly.

Make introduction mandatory!: Just make it something you have to do after you have registered or you can't post on the forums
Th-...they are.
We can't stop people from posting in the forum if they haven't made an intro topic, which is why we direct to the rules when someone breaks 'em.
No seriously though introductions are mandatory. It says so in the rules.

Forum Ideas.
I'm going to address all these as a whole.
All of these are unnecessary. We have 'other discussions' if people want to talk about specific subjects, and that includes all which are mentioned there. We even have a few video game threads in there. We need to be considerate on how clustered the forum is, because all of those would make it look...  well, untidy. Plus, 'theory' forum? That'd get like... 2 topics max. And the 'ideas' forum? Well, we have a 'plotting' section exactly for that.
Plus, this is a Sonic forum. Not a forum to help someone with their homework. Sorry if that's harsh, but we can't have so many unnecessary topics when we already have a topic for them all. Which is, as I said earlier, 'Other Discussions'.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:17 pm

Edit: Spekkal made her post whilst I was typing mine up, so some of the points below may now be irrelevant/contradictory.

Oop, lemme just break this down a second, and I shall respond to a few points!

Chutha wrote:Better Profile Editing:  Yea the Profile editing now is alright it could be better if Bio's were added maybe
There actually already is a bio segment in the profiles! If you click 'Profile' at the top of your page it'll take you to all the different options you have for editing your profile, and 'Bio' is in there.

Chutha wrote:Change able backgrounds: Not that the current background is bad but it would be nice to have the option to change it to your liking.
I'd be absoloutely fine with this personally, it just becomes a matter of if there's time to create multiple themes and set them all up on the forum. Not my area, so won't say yay or nay on that.

Chutha wrote:Site Theme Song: I don't know maybe a nice little tune that has the option to be turned on or off.
Strooongly disagree with this idea. A lot of people find music autoplaying on sites kinda off-putting/obnoxious. Even if you could like, turn it off afterwards, I would rather no music as standard rather than music I have to turn off each time. If you're wanting music well... you have a computer! Sure you've got plenty of options for things to listen to whilst browsing.

Chutha wrote:Make introduction mandatory!: Just make it something you have to do after you have registered or you can't post on the forums
Introductions ARE mandatory, but not hard-coded. That way, if people do go around posting elsewhere we can tell if they've not read the rules.

Chutha wrote:Video Game Forum, Movie Forum, TV Forum, Music Forum, Food Forum, School Forum, Theory Forum, Book Forum, Comedy Forum, Sports Forum
Wooooah that'd be a LOT of forums. Unfortunately, whilst these might all be things people'd be interested in talking about, that would wind up massively stretching the forum, as well as sorta removing the focus. It'd make it really hard to find key areas too.
On top of which, there's no guarantee a lot of these areas would be used. We actually have 'Other Discussions' to fill in for basically all of these topics, and we still don't get that many topics in there. Splitting them all out across the forum means we'd have a ton of forum areas with just one or two topics in them. It'd just be kinda unneccesary clutter overall.

Chutha wrote:Crossover Roleplay Forum: I know the site said no crossovers but hey just an idea.
I personally think Crossover RPs would be absoloutely fine in the 'Non-Canon' section. Still, I believe this is kinda a point of contention, so I'm not going to say anything for certain here, that'll be down to Admins.

Chutha wrote:Ideas Forum: Post ideas here that you might have for anything maybe you have an idea for the RP your in!
We have 'Plotting' for RP ideas, 'Suggestions' for forum ideas, and aaall the art segments for different creative concepts. Anything else can probably be tossed in 'Other Discussions'.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Codename-Jack Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:05 am

If you need coders I dabble. I get the founder isn't here anymore. But if there's anything you need please don't hesitate to ask.
Codename-Jack
Codename-Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down