Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Cancelled) Choose Your Own Pokemon Game

+4
ChaoticBou
spark tb
Dregan
WhiteFang
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(Cancelled) Choose Your Own Pokemon Game Empty (Cancelled) Choose Your Own Pokemon Game

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:03 pm

So I really been itching to try and make a pokemon game for a good while.
But since I am terrible at being creative, so how about I ask you people to help me by quite picking everything for it.
I will still do all the coding and most likely the majority of the graphics, and who knows maybe I lose interest in time.
But for now it is something I really am looking forward to.
I will put out a demo after every single gym, so it might be a little while till we see everything completed but hey.

Now to explain what I will do; each post I will post a shit ton of questions and I just want you peeps to fill in suggestions, when I get to work I will random generate the winning suggestions.

★-------------------------------------------------------------------------------★
Custom pokemon.
I will allow people to submit their concepts and designs, though I would prefer no sprites(Because I personally absolutely love doing sprites of pokemon, sue me).
Got a solid idea for one?
Post the following template filled out:
Appearance: Either post concept sketches here or write what they look like, which ever you preffer.
Name:What is the name of your pokemon species?
Type(s): What are the types your pokemon is? (Min 1; Max 2)
Base stats: HP: xx ATK: xx DEF: xx SP.ATK: xx SP.DEF: xx SPEED: xx
Moves: What moves can they learn and at what level?
Pokedex entry:What does their pokedex entry read?
Evolution: Can they evoluve? And if yes, What level/what way?
Other: Any other info (Abilities, Gender ratio, Gender diffrences, EXP growth, Habitat, Sizes, ECT.) THIS AREA DOES NOT NEED TO BE FILLED IN BUT CAN BE IF YOU WANT TO

Custom trainers.
Feel free to toss designs and everything at me for these.
Specially what TYPE of trainer they are(Youngset/Breeder/ect.).
As well as designs you made for them.
The only but here is gonna be that if you submit sprites for this, I will most likely edit them to ensure consistency between all of the trainer sprites.

Custom other.
For now I will not be doing this.
Maybe later on during the progress I will come back to this and do custom tilesets and such.

★-------------------------------------------------------------------------------★
But Uncanny, since you said you'd rather not get help with the sprites, and we can't really help with the actual coding, what can we help with?
Glad you asked because there are a few key things that I would very much like help with in the future.
★Townie NPC designs and dialogues.
★Trainer names and possible dialogues.
★Music and sound effects.
★General design work of the above mentioned things.
★STORY in the future.

Also to explain, the way I am making this game is by using RPGmaker XP with the Pokemon Essentials 16v2 which comes with a lot of pre written scripts, tutorials, events, triggers and everything, thus making the workload a lot lighter than if I were to do it on my own from scratch.

Last edited by Uncanny-Illustrator on Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:56 am; edited 3 times in total
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

(Cancelled) Choose Your Own Pokemon Game Empty Re: (Cancelled) Choose Your Own Pokemon Game

Post by Electrisa Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:11 pm

THIS SOUNDS A BIT COMPLICATED BUT ALSO FUN??

Okay so because I am a big space nerd and because of upcoming pokemon games, I VOTE we name the game... something spacey, I'm not sure

But for towns, what if we had a theme of star constellations? We could start in Canis Minor and the league could be in Canis Major :U Perfect yup
..I mean, the names would be altered but shh
it sounded more fun in my head. So starting town could like, Little Canis.

Also no for custom pokemon because it could kill you and honestly coming up with like 150 original ideas would be painful. We could include the 6 and 7 gen pokemon though, there are many sprites of  those in the webs and I'm sure there are some one can use if credit is given?

Custom trainer sprites? YES THEY COULD BE BASED OF US (let me help pls)
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

(Cancelled) Choose Your Own Pokemon Game Empty Re: (Cancelled) Choose Your Own Pokemon Game

Post by Whip~ Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:06 pm

Dude. What are you doing.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING AAAAAAA

Well, if you really must, then I say you should go for it. But bless you IF YOU EVER NEED HELP PLEASE ASK FOR SOME OKAY?

But yes. I agree with Elec as that's a pretty idea. Something like... Pokemon Nebula? Pokemon Quasar? Something spacey but seperate from sun/moons =3

As for a starting city, maybe something like Canis Minor like Elec suggested, or something like... Thinly veiled planet names? Neptunia, Big Red City? 
The starting town could be like, an alternate name for the Earth, like Terra Bay or Gaian Town. So it still feels natural. uwu

As for custom Pokemon, I _would_ suggest it, but only if you let us submit sprites or concepts. Otherwise it might be too much to bite off yourself. And this would be really cool to see to fruition, so if it seems like too much, then nevermind. =3

And custom trainer sprites would be great, but again let us submit some. It would be really cool to like have a bunch of normal jobs and normal citizens but with a sort of spacey colour scheme and junk owo
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:09 pm

POKÉMON
Yes. Yes plz. I WANNA HELP CAN I HELP?
First of all. Canis sounds amazing Elec. I want Canis. I'm not really sure about the star theme thing, but that's mainly because I don't know anything about stars and stuff. IF we would go for stars, I imagine that every city has a horoscope name, but meh. Not really into it.

STARTING CITY NAME.
Seriously, this city needs to be a reference to actually being a 'starting point'. What about Egghatch village 8D....No? EHM. If we'd go with a star theme then I guess it would be Protostar town or something? That's what you call a new born star at least. Also maybe the other city's could be named after horescopes!

Also cutsom pokémon will be hard to do. Maybe you can just make new starters? I am honestly not really in favour of custom pokémon in games. I play pokémon for the most part because of the story. WE COULD CREATE A DEVASTATING STORY YES. I really like the names Whip gave. Nebula and Quasar sound mighty and badass.

I however am in favour of other custom sprites like characters and tiles. They would give a more unique feeling to the region and game itself! Also I think I still have some custom pokemon trainer sprites lying around. If you want them, please ask! I'm happy to help you with this! I wish you the best of luck with coding the game though! That'll probs be a train wreck :c
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteFang Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:29 pm

I'm a huge fan of Pokemon but I'm not a good animator but any thing else I will totally help with.
WhiteFang
WhiteFang
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:25 pm

Well, holy crap that's ambitious. I mean, my own question in return first would be... when you say you're planning to code this, you building this from the ground up, or are you more intending a mod?

Also, I would definitely suggest reeling back on things like the name of a place til you have say... a theme for it. Like, what's the sort of setting you're intending to go for? Obviously different Pokemon games tend to base themselves on different major cities around the world - you don't neccesarily have to take that route, but it would be a good idea to at least settle on the sort of world/area it's based in, before wittling down to city/village names for a place we don't really know anything about.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:04 pm

Had a bit of inspiration this morning in between working on a commission so I made a start to mapping the starter town.
The name of the game will be:

Either Quasar OR Stellar.
So please give feedback below which of the two you people would prefer.

The main theme of the game will be:
Space/Galaxy/Stars

(Cancelled) Choose Your Own Pokemon Game 3590dao
With the final name of the town being; Damkianna.
Which is the name the Babylonians gave to the Ursa Minor.

Will we do custom pokemon:
YES, but please read on.

Will we do custom sprite work:
YES, but please read on.

Custom pokemon.
I will allow people to submit their concepts and designs, though I would prefer no sprites(Because I personally absolutely love doing sprites of pokemon, sue me).
Got a solid idea for one?
Post the following template filled out:
Appearance: Either post concept sketches here or write what they look like, which ever you preffer.
Name:What is the name of your pokemon species?
Type(s): What are the types your pokemon is? (Min 1; Max 2)
Base stats: HP: xx ATK: xx DEF: xx SP.ATK: xx SP.DEF: xx SPEED: xx
Moves: What moves can they learn and at what level?
Pokedex entry:What does their pokedex entry read?
Evolution: Can they evoluve? And if yes, What level/what way?
Other: Any other info (Abilities, Gender ratio, Gender diffrences, EXP growth, Habitat, Sizes, ECT.) THIS AREA DOES NOT NEED TO BE FILLED IN BUT CAN BE IF YOU WANT TO

Custom trainers.
Feel free to toss designs and everything at me for these.
Specially what TYPE of trainer they are(Youngset/Breeder/ect.).
As well as designs you made for them.
The only but here is gonna be that if you submit sprites for this, I will most likely edit them to ensure consistency between all of the trainer sprites.

Custom other.
For now I will not be doing this.
Maybe later on during the progress I will come back to this and do custom tilesets and such.
But Uncanny, since you said you'd rather not get help with the sprites, and we can't really help with the actual codingm what can we help with?
Glad you asked because there are a few key things that I would very much like help with in the future.
★Townie NPC designs and dialogues.
★Trainer names and possible dialogues.
★Music and sound effects.
★General design work of the above mentioned things.
★STORY in the future.

Also to explain, the way I am making this game is by using RPGmaker XP with the Pokemon Essentials 16v2 which comes with a lot of pre-written scripts, tutorials, events, triggers and everything, thus making the workload a lot lighter than if I were to do it on my own from scratch.
So questions for next time:
What should the female player character look like?
What should the male player character look like?

Any design that doesn't get picked for the final one will be given other key roles!
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Personally speaking, I am a big fan of Pokemon Stellar as a name - mainly because I think it rolls off the tounge easier. Whilst Quaser sounds impressive, it just... I dunno, it doesn't mesh that well with me, but that might just be me.

Anyway! A few very quick question about submiting designs, just for future reference.
a) Where and how would you like us to submit them? Should we drop them here, or in a pm/over skype? Or is there a different way you'd like this?
b) I know you say no sprites, but as someone who I know has done minor pokemon sprite work in the past, would you be opposed to us submiting those as designs, and you respriting them? - Or would you prefer us to just redo the design in a different [and admitedly sometimes clearer] media? Again, I ask this because I know at least a few of us are likely to have custom pokemon sprites lying around, or will have at least tried dabbling in the past.

Anyway! As for the player characters, lets thiiiink...

For the female player character
Well, firstly - Slightly chubby [since pretty much all the player characters from every game as thin waifs of individuals, so it'd be nice to get some variety in], with tan coloured skin. Dark brown, probably down to shoulder level? And, since hats are apparently a must for alllll player characters, A baseball cap. Perhaps with the hair tied back in a pony tail out of the back of it instead of down her shoulders - but really, w/e floats your boat and is easier to sprite.

Costume wise... well, most of them don't seem overly practical for traveling, so lets roll with something simple. Dark blue jogging bottoms, white sports shoes, and a light-blueish hoodie? Although I don't know how well that'll go colourwise, so -shrug-

For the male trainer
I am... tempted to say pretty much the exact same as the fem one, but genderbent - but that would be boring, so let's think!

Again, slightly chubby build in terms of pyshique - which, arguably, would only really be relevant for the giant full player sprite but shh - with light brown skin - and black hair that, again, comes down to their shoulders. Hat wise... A giant white boater hat. Because literally nothing else comes to mind, and it amuses me. 

clothing would, again, be simple - black shorts, with matching shoes, and a jacket in the style of a pokeball - IE, top half is red, then a dividing line of black, with a white bottom half.

anyway, I suspect regardless of what happens, you may have to tweak designs a bit to fit, but there you go!
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:49 pm

spark tb wrote:Anyway! A few very quick question about submiting designs, just for future reference.
a) Where and how would you like us to submit them? Should we drop them here, or in a pm/over skype? Or is there a different way you'd like this?
b) I know you say no sprites, but as someone who I know has done minor pokemon sprite work in the past, would you be opposed to us submiting those as designs, and you respriting them? - Or would you prefer us to just redo the design in a different [and admitedly sometimes clearer] media? Again, I ask this because I know at least a few of us are likely to have custom pokemon sprites lying around, or will have at least tried dabbling in the past.

A)Can be either a PM or just here in the thread since it's easier to keep view on where all the files are ;D
B)I would be okay with respriting them then yes c:
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:50 pm

Well, I'm down for Pokemon Stellar~! =3
I agree with Spark. Even though I suggested it, Quasar feels a little "hard", so to speak. Stellar is much more befitting a Pokemon game. uvu

Dakimakura is a great name for a first city, though shouldn't it also have like, a residential identification behind it? Like "town" or "Villa"? Just to fit into the standard some more? uvu

And also also, you're darn fricken lucky my tablet is broken. I would be throwing Pokemon and trainer ideas at you so fast you'd have to duck last week to be missed. c:
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:00 am

Gonna give this a bump and put a deadline on the currently two questions.
In 24 hours from now I will work on the sprites and such.
Please if you do not have a visual design, write one
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:59 am

OKAY SO IN A FABULOUS LATE FASHION, A QUICK IDEA BY MOI

Trainer one (could be either male or female, but I'd rather go with female for this design): Night based, so dark skin with dark hair - the dark hair rather a shade of  gray close to black rather than dark dark brown, but, whatever works. Long hair. Silver eyes! And elegant clothing, maybe not like, suits since after all they ARE going travelling, but something classy. Obviously in pretty purple/navy colours, with white accents C: I'm an awful fashionista so maybe don't listen to me on WHAT clothes, but I was sorta thinking a white shirt, and on that a waistcoat. Gradients on sprites would suck so maybe rather go with vertical stripes of said earlier colours, yes. And long trousers (or a long skirt?) and pointy shoes, maybe the shoes white but again I'm horrible at clothing. Just, a night based character pls.

And the second, obviously day based (could also be male or female, but I'd rather go with male for this one) 8D curly blonde hair and deep blue eyes for sure! Freckles on a lightish, or maybe slightly tanned skin would be great too, though again on sprites it could be difficult. This one chubby, much so even, and in summer clothes too, so shorts and a tshirt and a backpack, and sandals. Perhaps tan lines somewhere there. Perfect. Perfect pokemon trainers. Yup. Colours blue, yellow and white on this one? Or maybe not?

..Basically, just think Steven/Connie. Yep C: I mean it is Steven UNIVERSE after all. Fight me if you think it doesn't fit.

I just have the hair drawn oopsie
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:19 pm

An the main character big sprites have been made!
(Cancelled) Choose Your Own Pokemon Game Screencap3_by_uncanny_illustrator-da5bq1d
(Cancelled) Choose Your Own Pokemon Game Screencap2_by_uncanny_illustrator-da5bq1l
Though as you mayyy notice the sprites are a bit... too big for the trainer card. I have not tested yet what will happen in battle but most likely gotta adjust the positioning in those as well.
(Cancelled) Choose Your Own Pokemon Game Screencap5_by_uncanny_illustrator-da5bt1n
(Cancelled) Choose Your Own Pokemon Game Screencap4_by_uncanny_illustrator-da5bt24
Though or two of our three rivals does look good in battle
What should the rivals be named?
If you pick the male character to play, what should the female character be called?
If you pick the female character to play, what should the male character be called?
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:10 pm

heck yesssss look at all those sprites! It's a shame you've gotta mess with a few to help them fit in with the trainer cards, but hopefully it shouldn't be too big of an issue? Like I imagine worst case scenario, you might even be able to alter the look of the player cards themselves - although that is, of course, entirely your choice.

Anyway, names! If we pick Male, I think the fem!Rivals name should be either Ariel [One of Uranus' moons], Celeste [celestial bodies, etc], or Pandora [One of Saturns moons!]

If we pick female, some good space based male!Rival names are Apollo [Greek god of the sun and light, also a nasa mission thing], Janus [another one of Saturns moons, might also have been a good I think? Of doorways or something, but I can't say for sure], or Orion! [For the constellation of the same name.]

As for the main rivals... well, I offer the same pool of names! Obviously, not including w/e name is given to the other rival.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:40 am

Well, since this is an English Pokemon game, the names tend to be a little on the "average" side, don't they? Ethan, May, Hilda, Lucas... really, only "Red", "Blue", and "Leaf" stick out. XD
Sooo... I'm thinking, default name for our hero should be something like "Hayden"(Any spelling of which you choose), and the heroine should be something along the lines of "Trish/a" =3
As for the rivals, for the cool girl with the blue clothes, I'm feeling "Natas(c)ha", and the duuude can beeee.... Richard? Mason? I can't really decide for him. =o
Maybe Mason. My vote is Mason, with Richard as a second vote. =3

And to actually comment on the stuff at hand, all I have to say is that It looks f a n t a s t i c ! OVO
The heroes look really well-done owo
If I had any criticism at all, it's that the girl's eyes look a little bright, and it's hard to see them against the whites of her iris and her skin. Also, the dude's jacket seems a little stiff on our right, his left, side. Just, like, slightly so.
But overall, the sprite work is phenomenal! The rivals look brilliant and I can't wait to see what kind of writing you plan on giving them. owo
Have you decided what kind of region this is going to be yet, by the way? It might give me some help coming up with Pokemon and trainer designs to help with! So far I'm drawing a blank on anything, so some geography might inspire something, you know? =3
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:17 am

Heyo. I lied. Got a wicked Pokemon here, because I'm SUCH a sucker for the cutie grass girls. CX

Appearance: 
(Cancelled) Choose Your Own Pokemon Game 110
(Will explain in just a moment, for now focus on the physical appearances. =3)

Names: 
Chrysolass (Pun on the word Chrysalis, as a pupa-esque baby Pokemon, Lass, due to the species being female-only, and Chrysanthemum, the flower both forms are based on.)
Chrysanthemom (Pun on the word Chrysanthemum, the flower both forms are based on, and "mom" or Mother, as a motherly Pokemon; spelled "mom" to differentiate from the actual flower name and in no way meant to Americanize anything)

Type(s): 
 -Chrysolass: Grass
 - Chrysanthemom: Grass/(Ice)(Fire)(Fighting)(Normal) ---- (To be explained soon! Please hear me out. =) )

Base stats:

-Chrysolass 
  -HP: 30 
  -ATK: 25 
  -DEF: 25 
  -SP.ATK: 40 
  -SP.DEF: 35 
  -SPEED: 45
  -TOTAL: 200

-Chrysanthemom
  -HP: 90
  -ATK: 65 
  -DEF: 85
  -SP.ATK: 80 
  -SP.DEF: 90 
  -SPEED: 50
  -TOTAL: 460

Moves: 
 -Chrysolass:

•    LV1 - Growth
  •    LV1 - Charm
  •    LV8 - Tackle
  •    LV11 - Quick Attack
  •    LV16 - Absorb
  •    LV20 - Razor Leaf
  •    LV25 - Stun Spore
  •    LV28 - PoisonPowder
  •    LV32 - Mega Drain
  •    LV37 - Giga Drain
  •    LV44 - Sweet Kiss
  •    LV50 - Tri Attack

-Chrysanthemom:

• LV          Ice|Fire|Fighting|Normal
  • LV1 - Mega Drain
  • LV1 - Magical Leaf
  • LV1 - Sleep Powder
  • LV1 - Growth
  • LV32 - Quiver Dance
  • LV36 - Icy Wind|Will-o-Wisp|Counter|Doubleslap
  • LV41 - Ingrain
  • LV44 - Mist|Flame Wheel|Arm Thrust|Razor Wind
  • LV44 - Leaf Storm
  • LV50 - Hail|Fire Spin|Bulk Up|Skull Bash
  • LV50 - Petal Dance
  • LV56 - Sheer Cold|Flamethrower|Force Palm|Belly Drum
  • LV56 - Giga Drain

(Any single-listed move is for all four. Seperated movelists are for the seperate types. In this way, each Chrysanthemum has the option to further their special type's moveset, or they can each fall back on their Grass-type, depending on the trainer.)
(If you can't do all four typings, then just stick to the grass-type moves and ignore the variable-typings. =3 )

Pokedex Entry:

-Chrysolass: The Single-Bud Pokemon.
  - This tiny bud sprints about the bottom of the forest through the foliage. When spotted, its tiny pistil glows its personal colour and lags behind its body to disorient predators.

-
Chrysanthemom: The Mother Petal Pokemon.
  - Chrysanthemoms are very motherly, even to Pokemon outside of their family. Small Chrysolass will hide beneath her dress of petals, to find it is mostly spacious inside.

Evolution: Chrysolass can evolve into Chrysanthemom starting at Level 30, with maxiumum friendship.

Abilities: This is where things get a little complicated. Basically...

Chrysolass: 1) Quick Feet
                2) Chlorophyll 

Chrystanthemum(Default if none other are possible): 1) Natural Cure
                                                                         2) Adaptability

Ice: 1) Snow Cloak
Fire: 1) Flash Fire
Fighting: 1) Pure Power
Normal: 1) Scrappy

Gender Ratio: Female: 100%

EXP Growth: Fast

Habitat:
Forests, Woods, anywhere with trees and bushes of grass growing. (Only Chrysolass can be found in the wild).

Size:
 -Chrysolass: 0' 06" (13 cm)
 -Chrysanthemom: 1' 02" (30 cm)

Notes: 
 -The Chrysanthemom line is meant to be a representation of flower diversity, specifically with chrysanthemums. Because of that, I thought it'd be kind of cool to have a type diversity too!
 -My basic idea was this; Have four different lines of Pokemon(Eight entirely seperate Pokemon essentualy) that are each identical in all ways EXCEPT for their colour, subtyping, abilities, and moveset. As a female-only species, they don't need to worry about breeding-compatibility with each other, and each species can just breed with a Ditto to make others of its colour. =3
 -Each colour represents its type; Light Blue for ICE, Red for FIRE, Orange for FIGHTING, and White for NORMAL. Their abilities and movesets are balanced for each type, though I'm open to suggestions for how to improve their balance. =3
 -Chrysanthemom's stats are about on par with Pokemon like Tropius and Camrupt, while Chrysalass' stats are more around Magikarp and many baby Pokemon. To compensate for this, there is a wide level gap between their evolutions, complimented by a friendship requirement. If that seems too debilitating, we can talk about how to better balance the otherwise early-game-breaking strength that Chrysanthemom has. =)
 -In the same vein, the abilities and movesets of the different types of Chrysanthemoms is balanced by only being able to catch Chrysalass. It should be difficult, but not impossible, to tell what type of Chrysalass will evolve into which type of Chrysanthemom you want, with the only hints being the colour of her pistil and the colour of her one petal sticking out from beneath her leaf hat. 
 -The same goes for the abilities. Each type of Chrysanthemom has an ability that benefits its typing, though ALL Chrysanthemoms have the second ability "Adaptability", which serves as a kind of "consolation" ability that slightly benefits ALL of them. =)
 -I wasn't sure of your capabilities, like adding a Hidden Ability (I wouldn't even know how that would work in a fangame anyways) or what KINDS of abilities you have available (I tried to stick with Gens III and IV, since that's what I assumed you'd have access to at the very least), so if at all possible, can you tell us what limitations you have? Just to be safe in the future? =3
 -We need to talk HMs, TMs, and Move Tutors as well.
 -I wasn't sure whether something like this is even possible for you or not, so for that reason, I also included "Default" stuff, just in case you want to make it a single line of pure grass Pokemon. If that's all that's possible, or all you're willing to program for what amounts to a single Pokemon, then that's fine! I'm just hoping you'll like the idea at all. =3

Last edited by Whip~ on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:34 pm

If we go and pick names, it could also be useful to look at personalities. I honestly think that Spark's suggestion of Apollo is a really good one. Seeing as the male character represents light/day/sun whatever, it's fitting for him to have such a name. For the female character I was more thinking about Luna. But maybe that's a bit too obvious. It is a normal female name however! And Apollo is too! But just as Whip stated already, most of the characters in the games have normal names.

I honestly think that the boy looks like a Derek. Yes. I mean I haven't seen any other type of boy who looks as much like a Derek as this one. Or it's a Trish. It's one of them though.

As for other character names, it's kind of hard. I myself only name characters after I have decided their personality. If we're going for galaxy themed names and there was a more aggresive type rival, I'd call him/her/it/them Mars or Marseline, cuz it's like greek god of war. ALSO IS A PLANET!

But it's a bit easier for me at least if I know a bit of their personalities first.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:30 pm

Okay so I agree with both Whip on names having to be actual names AND Spark on them still having to be thematical... buuuut maybe a bit more.. subtle, I think

So I was thinking

Berenice for girl - there's a constellation called Berenice's braid, plus Berenice is a name that means "bearer of victory", so plus points for awesomeness!

For male I can barely find anything that is both spacey AND an actual name which sucks, but I'd vote either Jason (there's a constellation for Argo, which was a ship that Jazon was guiding) or Sirius, which is kinda obvious, but ey, it sounds cool? Or Boötes. Nnnot really a name, but sounds like one, and is a constellation, and starts with B like Berenice.

Other names that I think could maybe work for whoever, most from constellations and planet names: Marceline like Bou said, Abigail (Abbe, Abbie?), Ada,  Lyra

And for males: Andie, Lincoln, Leo, Robin
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:58 pm

Maybe something like Orion or Leo, for the guy?
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:56 am

Got another Pokemon idea for you~! I've got these things flowing like a river right now, so I hope you don't mind! >V>;;
And I'm always down for feedback from anybody, by the way! If anyone has anything to comment on, please do! I'd love to discuss it further~! =3

Appearance:
(Cancelled) Choose Your Own Pokemon Game 111

Name: Grekfier(Grehk-fee-air; Based on the real world mythological weapon "Greek Fire", a flame said to be able to burn even submerged in water during the ancient Greek times.)

Type(s): Ghost/Fire

Base stats: 
  -HP: 63
  -ATK:64
  -DEF: 40
  -SP.ATK: 72
  -SP.DEF: 40 
  -SPEED: 80
  -TOTAL: 359

Moves:

• LV1: Will-o-Wisp
  • LV1: Ember
  • LV1: Smokescreen
  • LV7: Astonish
  • LV11: Screech
  • LV15: Poison Gas
  • LV18: Rollout
  • LV23: Fire Spin
  • LV27: Self-Destruct
  • LV30: Defense Curl
  • LV34: Scald
  • LV36: Curse
  • LV39: Hex
  • LV41: Explosion
  • LV44: Flame Burst
  • LV47: Spite
  • LV50: Memento
  • LV55: Overheat
  • LV63: Flamethrower
  • LV69: Sunny Day

Pokedex entry: Grekfier. The Deathless Flame Pokemon.
 -The liquid inside the container in which it haunts sustains its life force indefinitely. Not even water can put out its fire.

Evolution: Grekfier does not evolve into any other Pokemon. =3

Abilities: 1). Water Absorb.
              2). Flame Body

Gender Ratio: 50/50 Male/Female.

Gender Differences: Male Grekfier have a red zigzag and red "pupils" on their clay containers, whilst females have blue.

EXP Growth: Medium-Fast.

Habitat: Grekfier live mostly in ruins and abandoned museums, or anywhere else where ancient civilizations have fallen.

Size: Including the container, Grekfier typically stands at about 2' 00" (~62 CM)

Other:
 -The idea behind Grekfier is basically to have a moderately-strong, but not quite super-powerful Ghost/Fire Pokemon whom has an immunity to it's most-common weakness via Water Absorb. Greek Fire is the perfect inspiration, being the first documented form of fire that could survive being totally submerged in water!
 -Grekfier is balanced so that despite it's immunity to Water, it's still not the most powerful Pokemon in the world, and because its Ghost-typing doesn't compliment its Fire-typing, it still comes out with more(though less common) weaknesses than a pure Fire-type would. 
 -It's battle style can be used many different ways, though the inclusion of Flame Body as a secondary ability means if you want to use this Pokemon as a normal Fire Type, you can. Relying on Burn to do damage over time and, eventually, aquiring Hex to do massive damage, not to mention Will-o-Wisp and Flame Body constantly recasting burn on enemies, it can be a deadly combatant in any event, even if its stats aren't the most intimidating. =3
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:37 am

It has been a little while since I did my last update on here so allow me to update ya'll on the progress
Tileset

I ended up coming back to my statement of 'I am not doing a custom tileset' and started a custom tileset, whoops. So far with that only the ground tiles are done as it is.

Trainers
Apollo - Male Lead/Rival
-Done: -
-To-do: Main sprite adjustment, Overworld Sprites, Backsprite, Programming
Luna - Female Lead/Rival
-Done:Main sprite
-To-do: Overworld Sprites, Backsprite, Programming
Ariel - Female Rival
-Done: -
-To-do: Main sprite adjustment, Overworld Sprites, Programming
Orion - Male Rival
-Done: Main sprite
-To-do: Overworld Sprites,  Programming

Any and all other suggested names have been put in 1 big file to be used for NPC trainers
Though on this note, I have decided that the gym leaders will be named after the gods/goddesses that the planets are named after.

Pokemon
Chrysolass
-Done: Main sprite, Icon sprites, Shiny main sprite
-To-do: Back sprite, Shiny back sprite, Programming
Chrysanthemom
Grekfier

I would like to request for a little bit to have designs that would fit an encounter on the first route of the game.
To answer Whip's question in regards to how the region will look: Current plan is to have it be solely crescent shaped, high mountains on one side and ocean to the other side with country on the other two sides. In general; just kind of think Italy but different shape.
For now what I would like to ask:
What should the professor look like and what should their name be? (Can be any gender)

Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:52 pm

Well, I should think the professor name should be easy!
Professor Olive, after the national tree of Italy! =D
As for a design, well. I'll get back to you on that. c: ;;
Still! It's great to see some progress getting done~! I'm glad for all we've seen, and I hope to get some more Pokemon in. >V<
So, Pokemon you'd see in the first route, huh? Some birbs, shrub rodents then? maaaybe an insect or feline if we stretch things out a bit.
Let's see about that. =3
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:35 pm

Alright! Here's a new one! Sorry for the delay. uvu
Hopefully this could potentially work as a first route-ish Pokemon. Maybe early routes, at least. uvu

Appearance: 
(Cancelled) Choose Your Own Pokemon Game 111

Name: Billaby(A cross between a Billby and a Wallaby), and Billboa(A mix of Billby as well as famous fictional fighter Rocky Balboa).

Type(s): 
 -Billaby: Normal
 -Billboa: Normal/Fighting

Base stats: 
 -Billaby
  -HP: 42
  -ATK: 59
  -DEF: 38 
  -SP.ATK: 21 
  -SP.DEF: 18 
  -SPEED: 48
  -TOTAL: 226

-Billboa
  -HP: 103
  -ATK: 99
  -DEF: 58
  -SP.ATK: 48
  -SP.DEF: 31
  -SPEED: 81
  -TOTAL: 420

Moves: 
 -Billaby:

• LV1: Tackle
  • LV1: Growl
  • LV4: Tail Whip
  • LV8: Quick Attack
  • LV10: Rage
  • LV13: Bide
  • LV16: Focus Energy
  • LV21: Skull Bash
  • LV23: Charm
  • LV27: Tail Slap
  • LV31: Swagger
  • LV35: Take Down
  • LV38: Slam
  • LV41: Howl
  • LV44: Secret Power
  • LV48: Mega Kick
  • LV50: Last Resort

-Billboa:

• LV1: Tackle
  • LV1: Growl
  • LV1: Quick Attack
  • LV1: Tail Whip
  • LV13: Bide
  • LV17: Endure
  • LV21: Mach Punch
  • LV26: Fake Out
  • LV34: Circle Throw
  • LV40: Headbutt
  • LV46: Reversal
  • LV52: Jump Kick
  • LV58: Sky Uppercut
  • LV64: Close Combat
  • LV70: Detect

Pokedex entry: 
 -Billaby: The Scrap-Rat Pokemon.
  -These Pokemon are famous gathering to watch trainer battles. Though feisty, many never build up the courage to battle themselves.

-Billboa: The Underdog Pokemon.
  -Under the intense pressure of rigorous self-training, Billboa are adept in many martial arts and self-defenses. Very few will ever specialize, however, as most prefer being the master of none.

Evolution: Billaby evolves into Billboa at Level 21.

Abilities: 
 -Billaby: 1) Hustle
             2) Run Away

-Billboa: 1)Hustle
             2) Sturdy

Gender Ratio: 50/50 Male/Female

Gender Differences: None

EXP Growth: Medium-Fast

Habitats: Billaby can be found in Grasslands, fields, and sparsely wooded forests. Billboa live in similar conditions, though they can also occasionally be found near the outskirts of large cities, scrapping fights with inner-city Pokemon.

Sizes:
 -Billaby, on all four legs, stands at about 1' 04" (40.64 CM)
 -Billboa, standing as upright as possible, reaches about 3' 06" (106.68 CM)

Other:
 -The idea behind the two Australian-rodent fighters is meant to be sort of a rookie-turned-underdog scenario, with heavy inspiration from boxers and MMA fighters in particular. Billaby never learns any fighting moves, as it's meant to be a rookie fighter without serious training, whereas Billboa learns an array of fighting moves, each individually powerful, but without any kind of synergy between them, since underdog-type characters typically forgo specialization and instead work with what they have. 
 -Balance-wise, it's a pretty even Pokemon. Billaby has one weakness and one immunity, while Billboa has three weaknesses in the form of Flying, Psychic, and Fighting, three strengths in the form of Bug, Rock, and Dark, and an immunity to Ghost. Nothing particularly special, but definitely a well-rounded competitor.
 -Essentially, consider it a sort of fighting-alternative to Pooch/Mighteyana, the Dark-type doge beginner Pokemon from Hoenn. =3
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:14 pm

Ooooh, a professor ay? Time to think of as many tree puns as possible ;D

Sticking to my theme of 'really obvious and not great names', I'm going to propose Professor Yggdrasil - because, you know, world tree which extends into the heavens themselves. I don't expect this name to stick, but I figured I'd throw it out ;D

I like Whips suggestion though! Professor Olive is pretty nice, works for either gender and just... I dunno it sounds nice. I was also going to suggest professor Willow, but I realised that's the name of the professor in Pokemon Glazed, so... -shrug- I dunno, your choice. The only other good one I have is professor Pine, but... eeeeh that's my least favourite, but figured I'd throw it out.

Anyway, apperances! I kinda like the idea of a female professor, since they're greatly outnumbered in terms of pokemon games - And, tbh, I mainly got ideas from female astronauts.

So, the design I have is as follows: Female, with shoulder length curly black hair. They're in a lab coat, with a small orange patch on their right arm. I was going to suggest they have an orange jumpsuit on underneath, but instead I think a pale orange t-shirt, and dark blue trousers would be slightly better, with some black boots - perhaps similiar instyle to space-boots? I dunno.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:03 am

Let's try something a little different this time, huh? c:

Name: Professor Olive

Appearance: (Cancelled) Choose Your Own Pokemon Game 113

Field of Focus: Pokemon Habitats! Studying Pokemon in nature and discovering what kinds of Pokemon prefer which habitats.

Preferred Pokemon: Pokemon whom are adaptable to many environments, or Pokemon helpful with sniffing out things beyond human senses.

Personality: Friendly enough, but a little abrasive. Can sometimes find herself caring more for Pokemon than for other humans, and is more comfortable in the company of other Pokemon. Can be a little more enthralled in her research than is healthy. Fancies herself a Field Researcher more than a professor proper, but is nonetheless one of the most knowledgeable scientists in the world regarding Pokemon behaviour in nature. Age is but a number to her.

Notes:
 -I imagine, instead of human assistants, she just has a few Pokemon running around her lab to help her out. =3
 -In an ideal world of easy/possible programmed cutscenes, she would bump into you all across the region as she does her research! 
 -Perhaps even, in an interesting turn of events, she could be considered a kind of rival to you as well! >o>
    --As a follow up, if that WERE the case, I imagine she'd have an N sort of dealie, where all the Pokemon she uses are catchable in the relative area, so her team would be regularly changing. =3
 -Oooo, just daydreaming here, but what if, if it were at all programmable, she were to come and save you from a wild Pokemon, and the first "battle" would be like, from her perspective with the Starter of your choice? That is some hardcore daydreaming, but that's pretty much what these are becoming so. XD
 -A little bit of the design was inspired by Spark's imagining, though I took some pretty obvious artistic liberties. Still, figured I should mention that. =3
 -Obviously, not all, or any, of these facts are necessary. If you find yourself only liking the design, or only liking certain pieces of the character I put together here, by all means, pick and choose as you like. XD

Any talk to be had about this idea? =o
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next