Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sikopio's Artland

+4
ForevaYoung
Dregan
Steveosaurus Rex
Sikopio
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sikopio's Artland Empty Sikopio's Artland

Post by Sikopio Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:01 am

Hello! I've received some requests from some peeps (particularly Steve who has been dogging me to DEATH ABOUT IT I SWEAR I'LL STRANGLE HIM) to open my own Art Dump page. I'll put up some of my newest work first. I hope you all enjoy!

Sikopio's Artland Nc__eyota_by_sinead_c-d9g3mnf
Eyota, a Native American lady I decided to draw!
Sikopio's Artland At__spekkalart_by_sinead_c-d9ld34f
This is Spekkal's character! I drew him for her during an Art Trade!
Sikopio's Artland Phoenix_by_sinead_c-d9x3c9h
This is Phoenix. As pointed out by Shrike, her armor is from SWTOR which is where I got the idea for her from.
Sikopio's Artland Xyrrah_by_sinead_c-da0p77l
This is Xyrrah! She's an angry dragon lady that likes to use poisons n' stuff to weaken and kill her victims.

Last edited by Sikopio on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added small descriptions to the characters.)
Sikopio
Sikopio
Basic Member
Basic Member

http://sinead-c.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Sikopio's Artland Empty Re: Sikopio's Artland

Post by Steveosaurus Rex Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:04 pm

YEEEAAAAH! You finally did it! You know I've always been a big fan of your art. I love your style and the way you draw expressions. You also put so much detail into the outfits and whatnot. Keep up the AWESOME work, darlin'! <3
Steveosaurus Rex
Steveosaurus Rex

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Well hey-hey, seeing you post up this topic was a pleasant surprise! You have some really great work, so it's awesome to see you posting it up.
I'm particularly fond of this armoured dragon, hadn't seen that one before! I'm a big fan of fantasy design and aesthetics, but always struggle with fully comprehending mentally how armour slots it's way together, so I can always appreciate a character in very genuine-looking protection like that.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:59 am

Wow, these are beautiful! I wish I had talent like that!
They are so professionally done *.*
You must have spent a lot of time perfecting them because holy moly. :3
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:19 am

This is awesome I recognize the armor from the third picture. 

Knights of the old Republic Havoc squad trooper!
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sikopio Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:47 pm

Thank you all for the compliments! It means a lot! I love Sci-fi/Western/Fantasy stuff a lot, and I draw a lot of inspiration from those genres.

I'm also a fan of bulky armor. I stray away from skimpy outfits because I've never liked the idea of going into battle in nothing but a bra and undies like a lot of the characters in films/games/etc. these days. X_x Thank you though, Dregan!

They do take me quite a while. The line-arting is pretty quick once I figure out what I want to draw. It's the coloring/shading that takes the most time, usually. I appreciate your kind words, Forevayoung! ^o^

You are correct, Shrike! A lot of the characters I've drawn were inspired by ones Steve and I have made in SWTOR, WOW, Destiny, etc. We like to create characters in games together and expand their stories. This often inspires me to draw them as Sonic/anthro characters which is a lot of fun! I appreciate the compliment, bud! Smile

I'll be uploading more soon!
Sikopio
Sikopio
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sikopio Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:11 pm

Sikopio's Artland Cyrus_by_sinead_c-da1k7cp
This is Steve's character, Cyrus. He's an Egyptian-inspired character. I actually sketched this one with a pen then scanned it into my computer for coloring.

Sikopio's Artland Leotta_by_sinead_c-d9pa3rj
This is Leotta. She uses a sword and shield, but holds her sword upside down during fights. Figured it'd be a cool lil' unique fighting style.

Sikopio's Artland Myaaaaaaah_by_sinead_c-d7qokpr
Another one of Steve's characters, Dr. Stitcher! He's an evil doctor/scientist that uses a lot of biological warfare (poisonous gases, toxins, sedatives, etc.) against his enemies. He also likes to capture and torture/experiment on people. What a nice guy!

Sikopio's Artland Mmbailen_by_sinead_c-d9guo4u
Pretty sure this one has been posted before, but this is Major Bailen, one of Steve's main dudes. He used to be Phoenix's partner/squad leader, but they had a nasty falling out and fought. That's how each of them got their scars. He Stabbed her in the face with his knife, while she blasted his face with her flamethrower. Needless to say, they haven't really talked much since.

That's all I have time to post for now. I'll put more up when I get the chance! Party on, people!

Last edited by Sikopio on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sikopio
Sikopio
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:12 pm

I like all the designs my fav is hands down the Havoc trooper, my Character takes a heavy influence from the Doom marine and his Praetor exo suit but I am looking into a redesign in the near future to a more unique look.
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:41 pm

Sikopio wrote:I'm also a fan of bulky armor. I stray away from skimpy outfits because I've never liked the idea of going into battle in nothing but a bra and undies like a lot of the characters in films/games/etc. these days. X_x Thank you though, Dregan!
I can sorta go back-and-forth on that sorta thing personally. I mean, I think running around fighting in the underwear is ridiculous, but the practicality the armour often depends to me on the sort of series. Like, in a setting where the fighting can be quite brutal sword or gunplay or whatever, yeah, practical it up. But in series where the characters are like, shooting and being hit by giant lasers and oversized anime explosions and then getting up and carrying on... I kinda don't mind a bit of aesthetic-over-practicality. As long as the aesthetic isn't... y'know, revealing for the sake of being revealing.
Still, either way, bulky proper armour really is underutilised in fictions. Because I mean... it looks plenty awesome enough itself.

As for the latest pics... Yes. Yeeessss. Really dig Cyrus, though I've a big weakness for Egyptian aesthetics. I absoloutely adore them, and that one really hits the nail on the head.
Huge fan of the Dr. Stitcher pic too! The green glow in the dark with the whole lightning-backlighting thing going on is really awesome. Like, if I saw that guy approaching, I'd be like 'Wow, this dude is kickass'. Like I mean, I know the danger of been tortured and experimented on, but I could at least be like 'You know what? Despite all the horrors that are about to happen to me, I can at least appreciate how much of a badass is about to bring them unto me. And I respect that.'
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:25 pm

A lot of the armor depicted in this games is very un practical in a real military or law enforcement world, Personal need to be mobile and adaptive to the world and situation around them, able to carry out objectives with out being hindered, the gear you carry is to serve you in almost any situation. Armor does work but its limited to how much and where it is placed. Armor like the armor worn by Master Chief and the latest version of Doom guy is very impractical for military use, heavily restricting movement of the soldier.

When I was still in the military (recently left) our gear did its job via protection but still offered great range of movement. You need gear that can both protect and be mobile enough. You don't want to have no protection and all ability and not the other way around either.  However it's not stopping the world from trying to make more body armor. In the gaming and fictional world it just looks so badass and impressive it has to be there, cause its awesome when you see it in action. 

But from all the characters I actually enjoy every single one of the designs the Havok trooper stealing the show for me of course.

Last edited by Shrike Marine on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sikopio Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:28 pm

@Dregan: Yeah, I'm not a fan of the whole 'revealing' aspect of outfits. Society and media as a whole seem to have pounded it into our brains that it's okay to wear skimpy clothes. I'm not saying that I hate anyone who does that with their characters. That's their opinion and I respect that, but I've just never been one to dress my characters like that, if that makes sense. >w<
Yeah, I've always loved Egyptian culture, so drawing that for him was a lot of fun! I've always loved Stitcher too! Steve and I have created a lot of interesting/dark RP's with that fella! It's been quite a ride!

@Shrike: Yeah, heavy armor in games always looks so awesome and comfy. Like you'd feel so protected and secure in your little shell. Not to mention it looks like they could stop a freight train just by blocking it with their shoulder. =w=
Armor that real world soldiers wear looks cool too. Let's hope they actually invent some kind of big mech-ish armor soon though! ;D
Sikopio
Sikopio
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:42 pm

And they are doing just that, they working on a exo suit at the moment, mechanized system that amps up the strength of a soldier, So far its proving to be a huge success, the soldier was able to pick up a huge weight, which means a full military version could allow the soldiers to carry awesome armor along with massive firepower while still able to move fairly effectively, but its size would be a issue with going into CQB ( close quarter battle) for like buildings or house.

That is why I liked the Crysis nano suit, It was badass, flexible, enhancing not just armor, but the combat users strength along with speed. 

If I had to choose between today's stuff or heavy exo based armor....exo based armor rather easily. Or at least body armor.
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sikopio Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:52 pm

Sikopio's Artland I_ll_keep_coming_back_by_sinead_c-d9i5fxr
A piece I did titled "I'll Keep Coming Back." I thought it'd be cool to combine the two contrasting characters together. They blend quite well :'D

Sikopio's Artland Good_afternoon__by_sinead_c-d7kjplk
Another picture of Phoenix in a different set of armor. This is the one I use for my avatar on SRN.

Sikopio's Artland Echo_re_design_by_sinead_c-d7zkh10
A colored sketch of Steve's character, Echo. Redesigned him with a more tactical military-ish look He loves bombssss.

Sikopio's Artland Kk_final_redesign_for_maxy_by_sinead_c-d7x0e7u
A colored sketch of my character, and Echo's wife, Max! She's a mechanic and I sorta subconsciously gave her a pyro-like outfit from TF2! Oops!

Sikopio's Artland The_smuggler_by_sinead_c-d7br4nl
Here's my cowboy lady. She just goes by the name "S".
Sikopio
Sikopio
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:31 pm

These are all really good, Its interesting to note that I also have a " fairly new" character also named Echo. He bears some pretty hefty gear and armor.
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveosaurus Rex Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:44 am

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of Sonic characters out there named Echo. I've seen at least half a dozen! It's a pretty common name, but a cool one IMO. lol

I intend to make more bio's for my characters at some point in the near future. I'm hoping Sikopio gets a chance to do the same!
Steveosaurus Rex
Steveosaurus Rex

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:09 am

Right, I came to the party really late, so there's far more art here than I have the patience to comment on individually, but holy fricken crap I love your style so much. owo
Like ugh, you've got fluidity of pose and expression down to an
*snrk*
art form

But seriously I love your outfit designs. Like, legitimately, you have such good taste in creating outfits, even if some of them are cribbed from other series. Every one of your characters feels "sturdy", if that makes any sense. Like, it's just all really cool to stare at for a few minutes. CX
I quite like all these pieces. Always never not do art okay? owo
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sikopio Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:59 am

Thank you, Whip! I appreciate the kind words! It means a lot! ^^
Sikopio
Sikopio
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:08 pm

Am a fan of this set, particularl the expanded version of the piece you're using as your avatar! I'm always a fan of a piece that expresses a lot of the character's personality, and you can really see it in that one.

I will say, whilst I do like the design of Max, her name essentially she sounds like she's just got like... the maximum possible level of rickets. Like, she should get her bones checked out.
Also, as more a genuine piece of crit, I'd suggest in future maybe considering upping the size of her wrench slightly? It's probably not helped by Sonic proportioning, but it kinda looks like she'd have to pinch it to hold it right at that size - could maybe do with somethig a bit more chunky.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sikopio Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:52 am

Dregan wrote:Am a fan of this set, particularl the expanded version of the piece you're using as your avatar! I'm always a fan of a piece that expresses a lot of the character's personality, and you can really see it in that one.

I will say, whilst I do like the design of Max, her name essentially she sounds like she's just got like... the maximum possible level of rickets. Like, she should get her bones checked out.
Also, as more a genuine piece of crit, I'd suggest in future maybe considering upping the size of her wrench slightly? It's probably not helped by Sonic proportioning, but it kinda looks like she'd have to pinch it to hold it right at that size - could maybe do with somethig a bit more chunky.

Thanks! I like that one a lot too, though I've grown fond of her new outfit. I tend to swap around and change outfits for a lot of my characters pretty often.

Heh, Max is actually just short for Maxine, and she took Echo's last name since they're married. Echo is his callsign, and his really name is Eddy Ricketts.
As for her wrench, you pretty much nailed it. The proportioning for Sonic characters is often really weird, so it's harder to fit a full sized wrench that she'd use on her more petite body, if you know what I mean. I used to stick closer to the SA2 and Archie style bodies, but I've started making them beefier for a number of reasons, that being one of them. Even still, I've tried larger objects like you suggest and it often ends up looking...off, if that makes sense. I totally get your logic though, and I agree! It just doesn't always pan out that way. lol

You can actually see that in some of my newer work I tend to draw their hands smaller to fit with whatever they are holding/using.
Sikopio
Sikopio
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sikopio Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:08 pm

Here's something a little more abstract.

Sikopio's Artland Mmm_sexy_sonic_by_sinead_c-d6wivlz

Here's a character I adopted and then changed him up a bit.

Sikopio's Artland Obsidian_the_panther_by_sinead_c-d68rpzf

One of my older characters as a zone cop.

Sikopio's Artland Zinead_the_zone_cop_by_sinead_c-d63ywcg

A sketch I did of another one of my characters, Zuri. I penciled this then scanned it in and messed around with the contrast.

Sikopio's Artland Zuri_sketch_by_sinead_c-d9u2b26

Tried my hand at some birds. The one on the left is a Phoenix and the right one is a Griffin.

Sikopio's Artland The_griffin_and_the_phoenix_wip_by_sinead_c-d94vozd

Here's my cowboy character in a sneaky agent outfit.

Sikopio's Artland S__alt_outfit__by_sinead_c-d9kdwse
Sikopio
Sikopio
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HalfmoonHex Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:35 pm

Sikopio wrote:Here's something a little more abstract.

Sikopio's Artland Mmm_sexy_sonic_by_sinead_c-d6wivlz

AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

HalfmoonHex
HalfmoonHex
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sikopio Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:57 pm

Got another bundle o' pics to upload. Here's some lighting practice I did a while back.

Sikopio's Artland Fiyah_fiyah_fiyah_by_sinead_c-d75p41y

Here's an old one with old designs of me n' Steve's characters.

Sikopio's Artland I_missed_you__by_sinead_c-d7gqj1q

Commission of someone else's dog thing.

Sikopio's Artland Commission_trade_kodoku_no_mirai_by_sinead_c-d7vqd7m

Aaand here's a link to an animation loop I did for a college class.

ANIMATION

That's all for now, but as I draw more I'll upload them in the future.
Sikopio
Sikopio
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sikopio Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:26 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention that I just recently started doing Pony art. Here's what I've got so far.

My Scottish Clydesdale, Lilitrot.

Sikopio's Artland Lilitrot_by_lilitrot-da1opsj

And here's a painted horse named Dusty.

Sikopio's Artland Com1_1__dusty_spur_by_lilitrot-da1sl8q

This one is a commission I did for someone named Bay Breeze.

Sikopio's Artland Commission_1_1__bay_breeze_by_lilitrot-da1x4k6

And lastly for now, here's an elite royal guard design I came up with. His name is Cassius.

Sikopio's Artland Royal_guard_elite__cassius_by_lilitrot-da2p64p

That's all for now, but I plan on drawing more of these as well.
Sikopio
Sikopio
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:47 pm

PONIES!!! 
I actually love all your work, everything looks so professional and finished. Please moar! XD XD
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:29 pm

Oop, just looking at the first of the two posts you made, really loving the flamethrower piece! Really enjoy things like that with more dynamic lighting.
Also, I have to say, really like the floppy ears of your older design. Don't tend to see that a lot with Sonic characters, most tend to go for the more upward/pointy ears - which is a shame, because I dunno... floppy is just kinda adorable. XD
Albeit 'adorable' probably not quite what you're going for with the character.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: