Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to make a website!

3 posters

Go down

I want to make a website! Empty I want to make a website!

Post by Shade the Lazarhog Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:55 pm

I really want to make a website. My own customisable website for me so I can upload my stories onto it. I did use Quotev for about 6 months but I'm just not really feeling it and I have decided that a website, in my opinion, might be a really good way of portraying my effervescent personality not just through my stories but through the website's layout and content.

Now I am 13 and therefore I alone cannot make a website from scratch unless I had double the brains and quadruple the enthusiasm normally. I was hoping someone on this beautiful roleplaying nation can either help me with this idea or at least steer me in the right direction.
Shade the Lazarhog
Shade the Lazarhog
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

I want to make a website! Empty Re: I want to make a website!

Post by Dregan Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:04 pm

Can't do much from a coding standpoint, though would have to ask from a design/approach standpoint, really think about what you're going for - and what it offers different to other places. If it's gonna mainly be a place for storage of stories, question what advantage having your own site would have over using a blog or other site designed for such such a purpose? What reason would people have to come to/be drawn to your site over sites like the 'Quotev' that you used as an example, which is already set up for them to search out the stories or whatever they're after?
I'm not saying 'don't do your own website', but it's really hard to draw in new people to read stories on a site when it's more out of their way and they don't really know what they're heading towards. I'd personally suggest using blog sites and such to establish you're writing first, then move on to considering your own site when you've already built a bit of a following to follow you on over to it. Just a thought.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HalfmoonHex Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:06 pm

You can make a website at age 13. Buy from Bluehost, it's only about 100$ per year. Bluehost lets you use Wordpress for easy website creation.

Just convince your parents it will be a good learning tool. If you keep an active website till you're in college it will look good for getting into a school/getting scholarships.
HalfmoonHex
HalfmoonHex
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade the Lazarhog Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:07 am

Okay, thank you both. I'll really think about what I'm looking for and then decide from there. And even though I appreciate your post Hex, I don't really want to pay for the site and 100$ a year seems too much to pay for a site anyway. I see what you mean, Dregan, I will really think about design and how I want to approach this concept.
Shade the Lazarhog
Shade the Lazarhog
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum