Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SRN Discord?

3 posters

Go down

SRN Discord? Empty SRN Discord?

Post by LeftHandofLight Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:20 am

Do you think it would be possible to set up a Discord server for the SRN? It's far more organized than skype and much better for communicating in a large, RP environment. I use it for most of my other groups/rps, so it would be a great way to interact with eachother without having to go through the tedium and bugginess of skype. It would also be far more easier to control and moderate as well, since admins of the discord chat can kick/silence/ban/etc people if they're causing trouble, so there won't have to be a 30 post limit to join.
LeftHandofLight
LeftHandofLight
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

SRN Discord? Empty Re: SRN Discord?

Post by CheverTheShrimp Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:06 am

I have been hearing of late suggestions of using discord, particularly with the latest troubles with Skype servers crashing and not connecting. 

However, in Skype, admins of group chats can actually ban, kick and silence troublemakers quite easily too (I've moderated quite a few skype chats in my time)
CheverTheShrimp
CheverTheShrimp
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:56 am

I'm not going to lie, I fail to see the point of trying to start a secondary out-of-forum chat. It not only means Admins have to keep an eye on two different places [as well as the forum itself], but Discord actually offers... very little benefits that skype does not. The different channels thing is nice for keeping rp's out of the main chat, but thats about it.

That is not to say that discrd is a bad idea. It just seems... kiiiiinda redundant to me? Especialy since most people already have skype, are use to using it, etc. Maybe in the future when discord completely overtakes skype it'd be an idea, but not right now.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down