Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Additional roles for OCs

5 posters

Go down

Should we add Roles?

Additional roles for OCs GDMEGbg46%Additional roles for OCs 0lNb1KJ 46% 
[ 6 ]
Additional roles for OCs GDMEGbg46%Additional roles for OCs 0lNb1KJ 46% 
[ 6 ]
Additional roles for OCs GDMEGbg8%Additional roles for OCs 0lNb1KJ 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 13

Additional roles for OCs Empty Additional roles for OCs

Post by Electrisa Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:22 pm

So far the only role available is a hero. It's pretty universal - you do good, help innocent people and beat up evil. Would you guys want to have a bigger choice of roles to play, though? For example if someone doesn't really have OCs who want to risk their lives on quests or don't like travelling or just can't fight, but still want to help the cause. So instead of signing up to be a hero, they'd sign up to be for example, a nurse. Or a trainer to help heroes develop their skills. Or even a cook because tbh why not. Or a sponsor - so like, a rich OC who threw money into the project and therefore is allowed into the guild.

It'd sorta be like classes in an RPG, except with more variety! I'd just put an additional space to fill in in the sign up form, for the role's name and its purpose. Would you guys like that or do you think it's rather pointless and would provide additional mess?
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Additional roles for OCs Empty Re: Additional roles for OCs

Post by Electrisa Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:08 pm

Well, that's a yes 8D Glad to hear that!

Though I see that most people would want the choice to be limited.
Yooouuu didn't provide much specifics, though. Mind telling me what you guys had in mind? c: 
What DO you want included, if you'd rather it was a limited list? Do you think people with different roles than heroes shouldn't be allowed on quests at all?
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:24 pm

I think that it should be something like what you said, really, like, Hero would be the people that venture out an do dangerous stuff, maybe you could have people that just go around building relationships with less dangerous methods like Charisma or whatever, then you have people that specialize in Healing, maybe people that keep the place in good shape, etc.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Caliburn wrote:I think that it should be something like what you said, really, like, Hero would be the people that venture out an do dangerous stuff, maybe you could have people that just go around building relationships with less dangerous methods like Charisma or whatever, then you have people that specialize in Healing, maybe people that keep the place in good shape, etc.

Sooo... basically a Diplomat role, and something that specifies support? Healing, building, that sorta thing! Repairs!
I can get behind that!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Angered-Fluff Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:47 pm

Have people like the series Powerless, where they basically clean up after the more destructive heroes lol
Angered-Fluff
Angered-Fluff
Hero
Hero

http://angered-fluff.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:19 pm

I see since last time the votes have changed a bit, and are mostly evenly split.
So! How about a compromise?
What if the list of roles available is limited. But if someone decides none of them fits their character, they're free to hit staff up with a message containing what new role they think would be neat and what its purpose would be?

Also, do you guys think the quests should be available to join for all roles? Or should they be hero-exclusive?

Here's the role list as I see it so far:

Medic - obviously role for characters more interested in healing than fighting. Could probably attend quests, but can also be guild-based. For like, after-quest hero fixing-up.

Diplomat - A pacifist role for charas who feel things can probably go down without bloodshed. Though I imagine they'd still need to know basic defense in case it goes wrong.

Engineer - so as not to call them 'cleaners', maybe let's say that people who keep the guild in shape/clean up the mess are 'engineers'? It could also cover more techy charas who could supply the guild with weapons and other gadgets!

Alternatively, maybe engineers could be called generally 'scientists' instead - so we could cover like... other fields of science. Like... perhaps people buffing others powers with chemicals, n such. Or should we split the two?

Maybe a class called simply supporter, too. Perhaps 'supporter' could be instead of diplomat, and it'd basically be a more pacifist OC too, but not only able to talk out conflicts, but also here to help heroes out. Just sorta a friend-person who offers more mental help than anything else. Perhaps under this role we could also put OCs who have powers, but they're more defensive than offensive, like force fields n such?

Maybe I'm stretching it a bit, but I think we don't wanna have like, a 100 roles, so it'd be good to just have one role cover as much ground as possible. But diversity is fun, too! So.. it's up to you, guys.

Please do tell what other roles you have in mind and if any of those I listed seem pointless/could be changed! Hopefully we can implement them when I have the time.
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:04 pm

I feel 'Supporter' could condense, Medic, Engineer and Scientist together. Anyone who doesn't have an active role, instead of having all these roles for just a background role.
But at the same time, seeing jujst 'support' on the ID card isn't as cool as 'HERO' :c
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:15 pm

I'd say

Keep the Medics, the Scientists (instead of Engineers) and the Support. I'd say a Diplomat is a bit of a gamble to implement, but that's just me.
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum