Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awakend after a decade

2 posters

Go down

Awakend after a decade Empty Awakend after a decade

Post by MikeMurdock Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:43 am

Inside an old lab within a small House on the outskirts of a small walled village away from the big city in the basement of Dr. Bierbaum. A pod slowly opens revealing a female poodle. She would open her eyes as she steps out looking around the room ' Father... Father where are you..' She will climb up the stars to the first floor. Everywhere she walks she sees the area is abandoned. The furniture covered in dust and a few smashed pots on the ground. ' Mother... ' As she explores the 2nd floor and all the other rooms she takes an old backpack from her room and walks out ' I need to find them... I don't know why I was in my father's old lab, but I need to see if there okay.'

The poodle will leave into the small town heading to main street where the town's bi weekly market is going on where people from the town and surrounding villages bring out food and items to buy

(this is just going to be a fun time adventure RP and I'll take up to four other folks Smile )
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

http://www.spritewars.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Awakend after a decade Empty Re: Awakend after a decade

Post by DeltaGear Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:56 pm

It had been a harrowing several months for Darren. A mysterious cat robot with the empire after her. The guild obligations he had. It had taken a good while for any to return to normal... well... as normal as having a small robot following you who could very turn into a living laser at amy given moment that also had a very hyper active nature.

Finally finding some alone time and an opening to relax a bit. He and Rena were Currently out and about town as they looked around and generally just were having a good time.

Rena, being her usual self, wanted to see Anything and everything. Soon she noticed the market and begged to look around. Darren, with not much else to do, agreed and they were soon milling around the market. Darren trying his best to keep Rena out of trouble.

"Rena, get down ftom there!" Darren called out to the robot as he chased her. She had jumped up onto the top of one of the many stalls, hopping from top to top as she giggled from her perch above him.

"Your gonna get hurt!"
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:35 pm

The poodle walks through the market seeing all the sales going on of the different food and items as she notices the small robot girl jumping on the stalls and a male cat following her. She would run to follow the two hoping to make it before the girl jumps off the last stall and catches her before the tiny cat falls.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Rena continued to hope along the stalls as Darren chased after her she reached the final stall and to tightrope walked it along its edge.

"Get down before you-"

He didn't finish his sentence before a wolf mobian pushing a cart came around the corner and bumped into the stall. Its flimsy construction giving away as it shifted and threw Rena off balance. She out a yelp as she fell backwards off the stall towards the hard brick pavement.

"Rena!"

Darren tried to get to her but with cart in the way and her falling off the side opposite him. He wasn't going to catch her.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:43 am

The poodle will see the small girl fall and runs quickly even resorting to sliding in order in an attempt to catch the girl before she hits the ground just hoping to herself she made it right on time to get her.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Rena fell and landed softly in the poodles arms. Luckily she wasn't exactly heavy. Rena was rather stunned for a moment before a smile covered her face and she hug the poodle.

"Ha ha! Thank you miss!"

Darren quickly ran over as he got around the cart. He had a look of relief and slight embarrassment on his face.

"T-thank you, I don't think I would've been able reach her in time." He then got on to Rena on how she was supposed to stay close to him and not get hurt, "If you had landed on your Gem I don't know what I could do to fix you. You gotta be more careful."

Rena had a sheepish look on her face "Sorry mister Darren. I didn't mean to scare you, Honest."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:04 am

'It's no problem at all. I just didn't want to see her... drop..' she will look to Rena and get on one knee to look at the small robot ' Your a cutie you know. Such an adorable little one..' the Poodle will just remember she doesn't know how long she was in that pod and should eat

' Oh.. ummm sorry to ask, but do you have any food or money? I would have bought something at the market, but I don't have any money. Well I do, but...' she would hold a ring bill up, but the money from what Darren could see is a decade old.' I don't know if they will still accept this currency..' the poodle would respond while keeping a friendly smile.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:53 am

Darren immediately blushed as he checked his wallet. He had enough to get a decent meal somewhere. And it was the least he could do.

"N-no worries. Here, come with us and we can get something for all of us."

With that he motioned for them to follow as he made his way through town until they reached a local diner. After heading in and ordering their food Darren took his time to look over the new arrival and maybe get to know her.

Rena remained distracted as she drew on some kids menus and listened to a small music pod.

"S-so..." Darren was a little red. Talking to new people wasn't his strong suit. Much less girl strangers, "Where are you from? Do you need a place to stay or something? I mean... you didn't have much money... much less functional currency..."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:40 pm

' Well... I live here of course, but... I don't know why, but I woke up and my parents are missing. The house looks like it's been abandoned for a while and stuff around here.. Changed a bit.. So far I'm trying to find my parents. ' She will close her eyes as she thinks 'I need to know what is going on and why there not here.'
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:49 pm

This got Rena's attention, "Ooooo... you're just like me!" Rena bounced around,Joy covering her face as she realized she had something in common with the poodle. "Did you wake in a pod too? Were you in a cave? Did bad people chase you?

"Rena... Rena. Give her a chance to talk ok?" Darren had to literally put his hand on Rena to get her calm down as she impatiently wait on the poodles reply, "Sorry. She gets a little hyper. What's the last thing you remember?"
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:29 pm

Hearing the pod thing from the robot cat did make her think a bit knowing that she did wake up getting out of a pod. She would ponder a bit.

'Well.. I remember that I was on a bed and my father talking to m about that if this works my illness would be a thing of the past then a flashing light and ...'

She would ponder a bit trying to remember more of what happened ' I woke up on the opposite of the room with my father attending to someone with a blue light flashing and the rest of his staff rushing to him due to the person having a medical emergency and then that was it.... I then woke up getting out of a pod to the house being abandoned and with the cobwebs and dust it's been a while. I saw some stuff in the market I remember and new things I never seen before.' The poodle would finish talking to Darren of what she remembered so far.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:51 pm

Darren pondered what she said. An illness? A bright light? It sounded like her father had been a scientist or inventor.

"That's gotta be strange to wake up to

Darren immediately tried to recall any missing persons incidents or Anything. He looked her up and down. Her money was out of circulation, she didn't have anyone to help her.

"Say... do you want to stay with us until we figure things out?"
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:01 am

The poodle will smile and ... wait she forgot to tell him the name ' Oh... I should have told you. I am Marie-Madeleine Bierbaum. Pleasure yo meet you and I thank you for taking me in. I really need a place to stay besides my abandoned home. Luckily I grabbed some clothing and a few things in my back pack and my key so if we need to go there I can take you.'
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sun May 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Darren smiled as he finished pay for the food.

"Ah... ok. And I'm Darren, Darren Tean. Nice to meet you." He motioned to the pink and cyan metal cat to next to him, "And this is Rena."

Rena smiled at the poodle. Her eye's shinning brightly with curiosity and mischievouness that the little bot was known for.

"Hi hi! Nice to meet you Smile"

Darren let Marie know as soon as she was ready they could head out to either Darrens apartment to settle in or head back to her abandoned house to look for clues. Whatever she wanted.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Thu May 17, 2018 3:47 pm

" I will guide you to the house first. The sun will set soon and I don't know if the power bill was paid or not." Marie-Madeleine would let darren and rena know as she motions them to follow to the old house which from the outside looks abandoned with time taking its toll on the outside of the house with some shingles about to fall off and cobwebs as well. It doesn't help that it is in a location that people forgot it even exists.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Fri May 18, 2018 8:02 am

Darren and Rena follow her until they reach the house. it was indeed old and forgotten. no telling how long ago the last visitor had been here.

"So... you woke up here?" Darren asked as he approached the buold pulling out his P.D.A an running a scan on his surroundings, "I'd probably freak out if I woke up like this here."

without hesitation Rena began to explore every nook and cranny she could find. natural curious she turned to the poodle.

"So... do like playing any games?" same old Rena. always play first, seriousness later.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:58 am

" I did yes, but I was in my father's old lab when I woke up, so I don't know how long since they left this house." The poodle would add before rena would interrupt with her question " Well when I was uhhh your age I like to play board games with my mother. Mainly chutes and ladders and connect four, Once we are done here I will make sure to teach you how to play one of those games."

Marie-Madeleine Would open the door with her key and from the look the house has seen better days with cobwebs on much of the furniture and the chairs looking worst for wear. This house was looking more like a haunted mansion than a livable space.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:58 pm

Darren began looking over the place as he looked up on his PDA for any information on the place. So far he couldn't find a whole lot of information besides what she had already told him and supposedly the types of experiments that this guy had apparently specialized in.

"Mind showing me where you woke up? Maybe there are clues there I can use."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:23 am

The poodle will nod " Of course."

She will take him to the basement which upon entering the lab the technology was advanced for the time it was made, but the design of the equipment just screams 80s era technology. There will be a poster for the movie Short Circuit and the pod itself still opened when the poodle left the building.

If the computer is turned on the entire thing was in DOS. All commands put in by typing instead of using an interface like current day computers.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:39 pm

Using his PDA Darren looked up basic commands to get it running. As he continued to try and figure it out he started asking questions.

"So uh... erm.... what was growing up like for you? " he asked trying to avoid eye contact, "Anything you are willing to share?"
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:32 am

" Well My father really like taking me to work to show off his robots. He was part of the united federation's ministry of science. He was going to be sent off to the space station ark, but he said that he was declined after they pulled funding, but he never knew the reason why since it was the ministry's biggest achievement.. So we will never know why."

The computer would ask for an username and password. Older computers like this one the password would be a simple word and won't have numbers or special characters. Darren would see an old newspaper in a portrait on the wall with the full name of the dog's father. With the article title saying ' Professor Stephen L. Bierbaum's world of robotics'. On the table Rena would see a fluffy plush Rabbit covered in dust.

"He usually comes down here to work since it was his personal lab. He was connected to the ministry's computer with the one you are working on Mr.Darren."
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:48 pm

Darren thought for a moment as far as he could remember he had never heard of this "Ministry" before. Thn again it was before his time so it was a given. After a moment of searching he tried several codes useing various word combinations with the newspapers tital as it was the only thing he had to go on.

Rena on the flipside had picked up the stuffed bunny and brought it to the poodle,

"Erm... is this yours? It's very pretty."

Truth be told this reminded Rena of her stuffed toy she had at Darren's apartment. Hers being a Chao doll that had a night light on it that she loved to sleep with.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:35 am

After entering numerous codes Darren will be able to get into the old machine as it will load up. An old speaker next to the computer will start talking in a simulated robot voice

Greetings Professor Bierbaum..... It has been 3650 Days.... Since I saw you log on here.

The computer was primitive, but the voice system was advanced well for it's time. Soon the machine will stop waiting for input.

Next to Darren he will see a notebook covered in dust next to him. It is hard to see what the title is due to the amount on it.

Meanwhile, the poodle will look at the rabbit " Ahh it's Mr. Funklebean.... He was a character on the show Mr. Funklebean's happy fun house... He was my best friend as a kid, If you want. You can have him just as long as you take good care of him alright?"
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum