Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tail end of it

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Tail end of it - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tail end of it

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:57 am

-Shrike remained where he was, despite the conditions, he was use to the whole "Dig in and wait" scenario, patience here would be key and the element of surprise even more so, the presence of the response vehicle however were only going to complicate things should it still be around when the creature returned.

It would no doubt call for reinforcements and while Shrike had very little understanding of how the police force works, he did know they had elite rapid response troops that would quickly out match them should they arrive on time. 

The hussle and bussle of the area was but a common thing, cars planes and just general day to day sounds one might hear living in this part of the world, tho as much as he wanted to complain about it Shrike kept quite, the sounds were distracting to say the least, remaining in fixed position was tugging at his urge to get up and go looking for the bloody thing. 

Tho he remained where he was knowing they may only get one chance at it. Minutes felt like hours, and nothing out of the ordinary was happening until a sudden growing whistling sound began to emanate, it was heading in this general direction and it was growing in volume.

"Hey, do you guys hear that...that whistle sound...its escalating and feels like its coming this way....remain out of sight..this might be a indicator of it approaching."

-Should he need to Shrike could contact Darken as the two had already exchanged com devices during the desert incident but knew he was working on infiltration of the Hospital along side Tricky.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:36 pm

"Of course." Wolf replies to Mike's suggestion to find cover as he and Shrike were already doing.

Looking around for a little while, Wolf picks a spot along the bottom of a hedge surrounding one of the nearby homes, which also had a tree in the home's yard, which stood close enough so that it also provided some shelter from the rain. With an impressive display of stealth, Wolf was able to almost silently push his way into the shrubbery wall, by stretching out and staying close to the ground. He then settles down on the damp ground beneath him.

Once he had stopped moving, Wolf seemed to disappear into the darkness there. At a distance and without knowing where to look, he'd be difficult to spot. From there, Wolf does his best to keep Shrike and Mike in his field of vision while they wait and listen.

After being there for a while and having no idea how long they might be there for, Wolf considers making a quick trip back to the hotel he had booked into before heading to the meeting. He could grab some food, water and his weapons and be back in just a little bit of time. He'd at least be ready in case trouble did arise here.

He'd have to let the others know before heading off of course. A plane passing by overhead, makes Wolf pause though. He didn't want to raise his voice to be heard, since they were trying to remain quiet. Once the plane passes another sound appears to take its place.

When Shrike points it out, Wolf dismisses his idea of leaving. That would have to wait until they found out what that sound was at least.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Bunny Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:06 pm

(I greatly apologize for being pretty much a month late on this. There were a number of things that came up and required my time and attention. In the future, if anyone feels the need to alert me about the RP, whether in fear I have forgotten, or simply wondering what's going on, don't be afraid to tag me in the SRN Discord with @Buͨnͧnͭyͤ. Sorry, again!)

The Tail end of it - Page 2 2uyp00x

Tricky rose a brow at Darken's mention of breaking out of a hospital. She wondered why he was placed in one to begin with, and why he felt the need to break out of it. She decided to inquire on it later. Maybe even on there way to the facility to make their trip a little more entertaining.

She nodded, eager to get a move on. "Good!" As the fox gestured towards the door, Tricky didn't waste a moment to exit the building. Making it out much quicker than her partner, she turned towards the bar's entrance. Her tail wagging as she found this all to be rather exciting for her.

As soon as he would appear outside the building, she would already have begun to take a few steps down the path, ready to set out as quickly as possible. However, she would take a moment to ask him something that's been on her mind. "You on the bad side with GUN?" She had assumed Darken meant GUN when he referred to 'the government' a while back. She was curious to know about the whole hospital situation. "How'd you wind up having to break yourself out of a hospital?" The expression on her face showed both curiosity and amusement. She found the whole thing a little humoring. To her, it odd that one would feel the need to escape a place meant to aid in your health.

She then continued before he would have a chance to answer her questions. "I'm not really good with authorities either, but I've never gained the attention of the government..." She paused for a moment before correcting herself. "Much attention." She then realized she had rambled on before he could respond to her. "Oh, so about the whole government and hospital thing..." She trailed off, now giving him a chance to speak.
Sea Bunny
Sea Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:41 pm

(It's ok, we understand. Everyone has their own lives and sometimes things come up, I get it) 

@Group Δ

With a few stray twigs poking through his clothes, and making doubly sure not to let them poke into wounds, Mike adjusted his position within the shrubbery, leaves brushing against him were no problem, but the other parts of the hedge seemed to pose a larger threat to him.

The whistling grew louder and Shwitz braced himself, trying to get as far into the corner of the fence and ground as much as possible. The rain sprinkled down on the three of them, Wolf making the smart decision and taking shelter in the shadows under a tree, whereas Shrike looked a little less comfortable, adorned with full military uniform, and crouching low to the ground in the midst of the downpour, as gentle as it was.

However, when the whistling reached its pinnacle, a little boy riding a bicycle came into view, just travelling across the little stretch of concrete sidewalk outside of Shwitz's house. He'd previously been blocked out of sight by the surrounding buildings, but he had clearly added some sort of child-hood modifications to the bike to be somewhat entertaining. 

The boy spotted Shrike and Shwitz instantly, throwing each of them a quiet stare as he rode past, not saying anything as he disappeared behind the next building, the whistling growing fainter and his bike going further down the street.

As soon as the whistling began dying down to merely a whisper again, it was replaced with another noise, the Rain had begun to pick up.

The droplets falling from the sky not only increased in size, but also in frequency and consistency. The only thing the rain had decreased in was temperature, dropping by surely a whole degree. Shwitz could only remain in his position for a moment before emerging from his hiding place.

"Don't you think it would be best to wait inside the house, out of this deluge? And that way, we can at least corner the predator."

@Group α

Tricky seemed rather Curious about Darken's past, but remained silent for a short moment before they left the filthy bar, allowing the grey fox to pat down his pockets, ensuring that everything was in their proper place, and nothing had fallen out while he was sitting down.

With everything in order he moved out into the rain with the young canine. By the time he'd reached the front door, Tricky was already a few feet along the path, not attempting to hid her excitement in going to the Hospital.

She asked him about GUN, at first confusing Darken, as he thought she might have been referring to his current occupation, but then he realised what she was talking about, and before he could reply, she'd already asked another question, this time about his time in hospital.

She confessed to not having a good history with authorities, and after that she allowed the fox to talk.

"Well, I wouldn't say I am on the bad side of GUN, but... I'll have to tell you the story."

"There was this incident a while back where I was put into the Hospital because of Injuries I'd sustained during a violent attack. The only thing was, when I woke up in the Hospital, I was fine, the only thing wrong was that there were security guards patrolling in and out of my private recovery room, checking in on me. Just me."

The Rain began to come down harder than it was before, no longer a gentle sprinkle.

"I didn't want any of that, so I climbed out of the airvents, and through an elevator shaft. They figured out I was escaping and for some reason they started shooting at me, someone even used a hand grenade. In a Hospital!"

"Anyway, I escaped with some help and then I lived in the forest for a bit. Then I came back to the city and now I work for GUN."

As they walked, the tall, white building came into view, it's large glass windows occasionally shining outwards from the light inside the facility. While it may not have been the same Hospital Darken had escaped, it would certainly be similar enough.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:55 pm

-Shrike stay steady and ready, keeping vigilant as always, course by now his entire uniform and gear was drenched and began to weigh much heavier on him.

Fiddling with the switch upon his weapon, flicking between auto and safety, back and forth to pass some time as he kept his eyes open for the sign of the creature.

Ever so often glancing back at the other two who was with him in the pouring rain, truth be told this was hella uncomfortable waiting in the dark and gloomy area with nothing but a chance it would appear.

Eventually mike suggested actually entering the complex, while this was a perfectly good idea I guess he had forgotten about the patrol vehicle still stationed near by, moving in would alert them for sure.-

"Mike, incase you forgot that patrol vehicle is still there, if we make any attempt to get in the chances of us being spotted are high, they will call for reinforcements, unless some how we can get the vehicle to leave the area I don't see how we slipping by to be honest.

-Shrike did a quick check around him, seeing no alternative routes he could pick up, if only the damn vehicle was not there but it seemed to stay put, perhaps the other two were having more luck then them. Shrikes tolerance for sitting still was wearing thin, the weather was not making it any better for him.

The child on the bike stared at them and probably for good reason, seeing these three lads just sitting there in the rain must of been strange, Shrike was hoping that kid would not inform any one of the trio being here, if so, the entire thing may be over.- 

"I Swear if that kind reports us being here, we going to be in a whole lot of trouble." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:34 pm

Wolf remains quiet and still as the boy rides past the three of them. Once he's gone off on his way, Wolf wonders what someone of that age was doing out at this time of night on their own.

His attention was drawn to Mike who had apparently lost his patience with waiting outdoors. Shrike reminded him why they were out there rather than inside.

"One other thing to consider. We don't know what we are facing here. You might think that if we encounter it indoors, we can corner it. But it may be that we end up being the ones stuck without room to get away if it turns out to be more than we can handle." Wolf says from his hiding place, "We might be better off just trying to spot it from a distance and get an idea of what we're facing first."

Wolf glances upward through the rain.

"But I won't fault you if you want to find better shelter to wait in. So long as it doesn't get us in trouble." he adds.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Bunny Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:33 pm

The Tail end of it - Page 2 Imagepng

Tricky lightly bounced her bat on her shoulder as she listened intently to his story. "I don't blame ya." She said, referring to his escape attempt. "Having them just check in on me only woulda made me paranoid." A disgusted and disturbed look appeared on her face as she imagined herself in that situation. It baffled her as to why they would go to such extremes just to keep a patient in check. She wondered what made him so special. "Why'd they have their focus on ya?" She asked, wondering if he even knew the reasons behind their actions. 

His past didn't seem all that fun, but she didn't have the prettiest background either. She glanced over at her right hand which was gripping the bat at the time. A mark in red lie beneath the cloth of her black glove, reminding her of her family ties and giving her quick flash of major life events. It wasn't something she truly disliked, but all the trouble that came with it was certainly a hassle to deal with.

The rain had already begun to come down much harder than before. She could feel the water start to soak into her fur and clothes. This didn't make her very happy. Luckily the hospital was now within their sights. She picked up her pace, wanting to get out of this rain as soon as possible. "C'mon, c'mon!" She said, urging Darken to quicken his pace as well.
Sea Bunny
Sea Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:30 am

@Group Δ

Both Shrike and Wolf presented excellent reasons so as to not enter the house, both reasons that Mike hadn't taken into consideration. The Police vehicle was still there, and they would likely end up cornering themselves inside the house.

But they could attempt to enter the house through the back or another conventional method which might bypass the patrol vehicles sensors. But even though there were three of them, Mikes experiences with the creature made him think twice about the cornering effect. 

If they could get into the building without alerting the authorities, would they still want to be in a confined space, trapped with whatever the Predator was? But the cold rain and the lack of Waterproofing would surely lead to Hypothermia if they waited outside for too long.

"Do not worry about the boy. He delivers the papers, and he should recognise me."

"Anyway, While you are both correct, I feel that it may be more dangerous for us if we stay out here. With this rain coming down, I think it'd be best we get some covers or something. I might know a way we can get inside without the Cops picking us up, and we only need be inside for a few minutes, I doubt the Predator will show up during that time."

He continued to stand, not bothering to hide inside the bush. While the Rain coming down wasn't a torrential rain, it was certainly something that shouldn't be ignored for too long.

@Group α

A few months ago and the Grey fox would have been extremely sensitive about sharing his story, but after the events of Shamar, It'd become easier to share. And while he had to be careful about hiding certain parts, Darken was fine to tell his tale to those that ask.

"I'm not completely clear on why they were so interested in me, but from what I do know, I can only hope that you won't have to find out."

Deciding to quickly change the topic, he looked over to Tricky's baseball bat, which she seemed to treat as a prized possession, and it certainly appeared as though it wasn't just for decoration.

He began to jog to keep up with the young dog, as she was more than capable of moving faster than him. And the rain was indeed beginning to become uncomfortable and with his casual clothes, Darken was not prepared to spend too long in the rain.

"What about you, Tricky?" He asked, curious as to what her story with the authorities was. Perhaps they weren't so different?

The further along the path the travelled, the closer the building became, and after a short moment, the Base of the building came into view, with it's large glass outer walls and the Multi-story concrete Carpark attached on the side.

The Doors would be open, but if they were going to find the best way to the Patient, the Hospital Layout be coming in useful very soon.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:20 pm

-Well truth be told although he wouldn't admit it out load, Shrike had grown sick of sitting in the rain and would prefer a more sheltered location, not one to complain and often stemming to a more stubborn approach he would eventually nod to Mike's idea of following him into the house, hopefully avoiding detection along the way.- 

"Well, I suppose it is worth a shot, provided we do get inside, it might allow us to more effectively corner the creature, if it can be, ideally containing it and neutralizing it before it can escape or cause any more harm and damage to the surrounding area. 

I mean what are the chances of the creature knowing what we are trying to do, we never really spoke about how intelligent it is, not that you could know obviously but there is still the chance this thing ain't dumb."

-Shrike got himself up and ready to move, his clothing and gear making stretching and squeaking noises after being soaked with water, good thing his helmet and main gear was water proof or it would of all shorten out at this point.

He slowly raises his head above the cover he hid behind to check the vehicle, yep it was still there, but it only had visual for the front of the house, the armored figure sat back down and looked upon the other two.-

"Well it seems the vehicle is parked at the front which means it only has visual to the front of the house, if we can some how move behind and locate a rear entry

we should be able to get into the house with out being detected, that is if unless some one decides to inspect the house while we are in it.

Any way we will need to time it carefully and move slowly, Mike, you know the house you lead we will follow and hope to hell this works...last thing I wan't is to get entangled with G.U.N again."

-Shrike slowly stood up tho in a bent over position to hide himself in the clutter of the alley he was in, ready to make his move towards the house.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:24 pm

Wolf listens to the exchange between Mike and Shrike, not bothering to move from his place of concealment yet. Once they had said their pieces he chimes in.

"Okay. If this is really what you want to do, we can give it a try." he says, "If you two want, go ahead and get to whatever access point you think is best. It'll be easier if not all of us rush over in a group and I can join you once you get there."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2