Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wake up, shaken up

+2
ForevaYoung
The Red Blur
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wake up, shaken up - Page 2 Empty Re: Wake up, shaken up

Post by ForevaYoung Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:04 pm

The barman commented that her food was going to take much longer than the timescale everyone elses as it was a made to order thing. She sighed, but these things couldn't be helped. At least she knew it would at least be warm and fresh.
"Whatever, just let em know when its ready. I'm fuckin' starving, man."

Once again turning away from the barman, the black and white feline glanced over to the white hedgehog who appeared to be more distraught than before; if that was even possible at this point. She could see he was clearly looking for some form of light to potentially feed of of to gain some energy, perhaps a vitamin deficiency, or maybe his abilities were tied in to the need for light. She voted the latter as apart from the bumps and bruises they all mostly had, he appeared to be pretty alright.
Thinking about it, she could cause something to happen to flood more light in, even if it was something small for him. Nobody would need to know it was even her, she could totally pull a discreet bout of mayhem, right?
What if that was what they wanted though? To expose her powers? 
She grunted as she listened to the other conversations going on. So, the red hedgehog was Caen, the white one Vega. Shalina was the other feline in the room, and Darken was the fox guy. Sandy was the quiet squirrel whom she was still half in awe at him using his own appendage as a way of heat and probably comfort. She knew them all, and made mental notes to make sure to not confuse names with faces.

The cat girl looked over the equipment used to patch up more severe wounds and snatched them up before walking over to the grey fox. 
"I'll do it. I had to help a few people over the years, and learned a thing or two along the way. It won't be painless, but you just have to deal with it."

Another mental facepalm. She really didn't do well socially. Maybe this would be good for her.
She softened her voice considerably as she knew this was going to sting quite a bit and even though she had a hard exterior, she felt for the guy.
"Names Maysa by the way. Call my May if you want, I don't really care, I'll still answer if I feel like it. Now, brace yourself, foxy."

Swabbing some of the antiseptic fluid onto some cotton pads, Maysa got down onto her knees and looked over the gash on Darkens leg.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vega Desol Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:15 pm

Vega, continuing to be seemingly the most antisocial of the group, eventually gave up on his effort to extract light from the puny fluorescent lightbulb. He grumbled to himself as he walked up to a wall of the room, leaning his back against the concrete, and letting his silver eyes drift from side to side, studying the others located in the room.

There was seemingly no telling why such a group was gathered, they were all different, not a single theme connecting them, so why? Never the less, Vega could sense oncoming danger... if that wasn’t obvious enough already.

But, the real issue playing on his mind, is what does he do? Does he simple flee at a given opening? Or does he attempt to rescue the group of kidnappees? He isn’t a hero anymore, at least not in his mind, he no longer sees himself as the guardian he once was, he has no place acting the hero... when he can’t even rescue himself.

His deep silver eyes close and he travels into his own world of thoughts, his breathing slowing down as he practically became forgotten in such a small room, making no noise, no quarrel, no drama... just waiting, alone.
Vega Desol
Vega Desol
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by charredh Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:44 am

The little sand squirrel finished the remaining dregs of his vegetable juice and thanked the barman as he returned him his glass. His eyes turn to the fox about to get some on-site surgery and slightly frowning in worry, he sneakily slipped a palm onto the back of the fox's neck, pressing down gently but firmly with two fingers. He held his hand there, observing the fox's reaction. "Tell me if it still hurts, I... don't do this often, so I might have done it wrong."

Darken's going to feel as if he just lost all feeling in his leg, like it stopped existing suddenly. On the bright side, that probably meant he won't be feeling the incoming pain.

charredh
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:41 am

His jaw twanged once more as he tried wipe the remaining ketchup off of his muzzle, the meal was messy, but had served its purpose well. The Barman made a call, talking about a Chicken dinner of some sort, which in all honesty didn't sound so bad. The call ended abruptly, with the phone being shoved back into its place on the bar.

After the call, the Red Hedgehog once again spoke to him of the wound.

"I uh..."

The Taste of ketchup remained his mouth, the salty taste becoming bitter by the fox's own conflict. While it was true that they might be able to escape together, they were who-knows how far underground in a completely concrete chamber, with there likely being dozens of hidden doors, seamlessly blending into the concrete. And he didn't do very well in confined spaces for too long.

Of all things the hedgehog then requested stitches, to which he was obliged by the barman, and a roll of suture was produced from the same place the bottle of alcohol had. 

"Hey, uh, bad Idea."

But then the hedgehog stated that he wouldn't be able to do it, then introducing himself as Caen, and mentioning that he might know why he was here. The Feline then stood up, grabbing the roll of stitching and then making her way towards them.

"Woah, hey. There's uh.."

He tried to think fast for an excuse as to why they shouldn't proceed with any sort of operation. He didn't want them to know the real reason, but had to come up with something fast.

"I uh, there's a balance. For everything I do, there must be uh.. Recompense?"

At that moment however, he could feel a hand slip onto his neck, something jabbing into the flesh. He moved to flinch, but was stopped, an invisible force preventing him from doing so. The pain in his leg had disappeared, along with the feeling in his neck. 

Instead of simply going numb, it felt as though the leg was no longer there, and Darken looked down alarmed, fearing that it had been severed somehow. But it was still there, the large gash smiling sideways up at him.

The Feline introduced herself as Maysa, or May for short. And he could see her applying some of the alcohol rub onto a pad, preparing to clean the wound.

"I, Uh.. Huh."

Not only the pain, but all sensation from his leg had disappeared, which was very odd. But with the current circumstance and turn of events, there wasn't truly an explanation for anything. 

"Y'know, I used to be an Inventor."

One could suppose that his mind had slipped a little, Moments ago he was all but dead, trapped inside an underground facility, ate Ketchup and Tofu, and now he was sitting on a chair, with the squirrel removing all sensation in his leg, and a rather entertained Barkeeper watching the whole ordeal.

A sudden tiredness washed over him, not exhaustion, but tiredness. He could feel his eyelids droop slightly, and the words of the Hedgehog kept repeating over and over in his semi-conscious mind: "We are most likely to all survive if we look out for each other."
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:15 pm

Caen was somewhat happy to see the black and white cat volunteer to help stitching the fox’s wound, despite being quite... blunt about not being able to stop any pain. He nodded his head, “thank you, Maysa. Though, I don’t think I could stomach watching,” he said, admitting his somewhat squeamish attitude towards needle and thread passing through flesh. 

The one named ‘Sandy’ decided to help in their own way, holding their finger to Darken’s neck, which, according to the fox’s reaction and the long-tailed figure’s explanation, had numbed his leg entirely. He looked to be making use of a pressure point of some kind, though he could also have been blocking off blood supply, or something like that. Very strange. 

Finally, Caen shook his head, deciding to stand up, picking up his drink as he did so. “I’ll, um... leave you to it.”

He strolled around the room, before coming towards the one small window in the room, peering through the glass, which seemed to have been cleaned to a near mirror-like sheen, making it difficult to do what the hedgehog wanted to do. He was, however, able to make out the shapes of rocks, as well as a lot of blue. “Just where are we...?” Caen muttered.

Before the hedgehog could complete that thought, speakers above the bar crackled to life, a familiar distorted voice sounding through the aged technology “I see you’ve all made good conversation, but I’m afraid it’s time to begin. After much deliberation, our first match up will be Maysa and Vega. When Maysa has completed the stitches, she and Vega will proceed through the wooden doors, and continue towards the elevator. Everyone else is free to follow through the doors, and watch their fellow participants through the glass, but if they enter the elevator without my prior permission, a poison gas will be released. A very painful and not very honourable death will await everyone inside.” Finally, with one more crackle, the speakers fell silent.

The barman laughed loudly “ooh, monochrome! Battle of the newspapers!” He leaned back “annnnd damn I bet your food had just finished cooking, too!” He spoke, looking at Maysa.

Caen looked to Vega, before walking slowly towards him.  “I’ll try and find a way to stop all this, just... try and hold out as long as you can.”
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:40 pm

Maysa had managed to clean up the worst of the wounds seeping, and had just began to stitch it up manually when her ears twitched at the voice calling out her and Vegas names. She found herself grumbling at being the first to be picked and looked around.
Looking to the fox she was patching up for a moment, she couldn't tell why he was so hesitant to be sorted out. It confused her; his leg wasn't exactly in the worst condition, but obviously not in the best either.
"Look fuzzy, I'm stitching this whether you want it done or not. If that gets infected, you bet your ass you'll have more than a little pain to worry about."

Then the squirrel placed some fingers onto the back of his neck, making Darken calm down. She didn't even want to ask what they did because the next words out of thebgrey foxes mouth made her smirk a little. Such a contrast to a few minutes before.

As she finished up, there was a comment made about her being unable to get to her food a s it was just done. A dark look crossed her patchy features.
"Watch me." Was all she stated before standing up and heading right for the plate of freshly cooked food.
Stealing a glance back to Vega who was just making his way over to the doorway, she simply nodded to herself before she picked up a large piece of the chicken and near enough swallowed it whole, only to leave the bones.
A few mouthfuls of this and she felt satiated enough. "I'll get the rest when I'm back." She noted to the barkeep. "Anyone touches this they die, okay?"

Okay the threat wasn't needed as they'd all probably be wanting to go to the same place, but anyone knows to never come between a girl and her food. She could get hangry.
Who was she kidding? She was always hangry.

"Let's get this show on the road..." Matsa mumbled softly as she made her way to the doors.

Whatever lay ahead of them, she had no idea. But she was ready to survive.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:44 am

Shalina sighed - The first match seemed to come way too fast for her liking. But she didn't exactly have any power to stop this, so all she could do was watch. Taking a swig of her soda, she slinked over to the doors to observe whatever they had in store for the two pitted against eachother.

She couldn't help letting anxiety-inducing thoughts enter her head. Just what death-defying activities would they be forced to do? Would she be up next? What did they have in store for the winner? Would any of them even survive this?

She shook her head to try and rid herself of the thoughts and instead focused on the arena in front of her
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by Vega Desol Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:40 pm

Vega was mostly unphazed by the sudden announcement over the speaker. Of course it was him first, OF COURSE. He spared very little words on emotions, just giving a glance to his ‘opponent’ as he watched her enter through the wooden doors first. 

He would begin to follow on before he was interrupted by Caen’s bold promise of a way out. He paused, glanced over him and with little movement, spoke for once...

“Don’t try and be a hero, buddy.... It doesn’t work out.” He said, turning his gaze back towards the doors, the words resonating within the room as he moved on, opening the doors and stepping into the elevator, arms folded firmly and head facing down to the floor.
Vega Desol
Vega Desol
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by charredh Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:05 am

Sandy, who was watching the fox's reactions very carefully, whispered something that could probably be “oh that was too much” and lightened his hold on the fox's neck until Maysa was done. All the while he stared uneasily at the barkeep, trying to figure out what was his deal. Did the wolf specially hire sadists just to see this through? A disturbing thought.

Until Maysa was done and had left did he slowly release his fingers perhaps to ease the return of sensation into the leg. He thought about maybe helping more but figured he'd already poked his nose in enough, and Darken did not look like he would be up for talking anytime.

Sandy shrugged and walked towards the doors with his hands in his pockets, finding a mental need to be as far away from the barkeep as possible. They felt around looking for… oh there they are. Surprised they didn't take it away from him. Maybe they didn't know him as well as initially expected. He felt a rush of relief overcome him as he took out the pair of earplugs to put into his ears, shoulders relaxing as the world around him quieten down considerably.

He came to the glass panels separating him and the two unfortunate contestants, standing beside the lioness. Now speaking at a normal human volume the youth wondered aloud, “I'm glad I'm not going against any of those two, they look really strong… what do you think, Nina?” He turned and smiled

charredh
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:22 am

Admittedly, he felt rather uncomfortable with someone he didn't know tending to his wounds, usually he'd manage to recover over time, with the odd scar sticking around afterwards, or until the next time an incident occurred. 

A voice called out over a loudspeaker, which the fox couldn't locate, due to his temporary bout of numbness. But it called out for Maya and the white hedgehog, named Vega... Vega... a name that sounded vaguely familiar.

The fox could feel some of the sensation return to his body, and could feel Sandy's hold on his neck once more, but the pain in his leg was still absent. 

"Thank you Maya, I don't even know what's going on right now, but thank you."

The suturing was complete, and the Wound had been strung together, no longer a gaping hole in the side of the Fox's Leg, but in the even that Sandy removed his hand, it would likely begin to throb painfully.

"And you too Sandy, the world would be a better place with people like you guys."

Darken looked back and forth between Sandy and Mayasa, who was now making her way towards a corridor, which led of into the facility, to somewhere that the fox had failed to pick up on.

The Squirrel also made his way towards a set of doors, which lead to what appeared to be a Viewing platform. The white hedgehog, Vega, had left, along with Maya, and then it struck him that what the Wolf had mentioned was true, at least what Darken had managed to pick up on through the haze of his previous semi-consciousness.  The World around was moving too fast for the fox, and he was glad that it wasn't him who'd been called up to fight.

It would only make sense that he join the three who'd gathered on the viewing platform. Still a little bit dazed, he stood up, feeling the pain return to his leg, and his limp also returning. He made his way to join them.

"Good lord, this is happening isn't it?"
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:09 pm

Caen let out a weak scoff at Vega’s parting words, “I’m afraid that’s what got me into this mess...” he mumbled, before following him and Maysa through the wooden doors which, much like the window, was polished to a sheen. Not even a speck of dirt or dust lay on the wood.

He watched as they both got into the elevator, the doors separating from the group as they slid closed. When they reached the bottom of the shaft, the doors would slide open again, revealing a large arena, surrounded by a glass dome, with nothing but patched dirt beneath their feet. They may have also noticed that a weapon rack sat in the same elevator, with all manner of firearms and melee weapons sitting on it.

“Welcome, welcome!” The all too familiar synthetic voice called out, as he sat in a separate viewing box, complete with an entourage of similarly masked Mobians. “Please, ready yourself however you wish! You may take one weapon from the rack, but only one. There will be no cheating, no escape plans, or any other dirty tricks. I want a fight, to the death. I have snipers and machine guns trained on you at all times, and I don’t want to test if they work. Now, take your places and let’s begin, yes?”
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:31 pm

The elevator stopped to let everyone out. Maysa stepped out of the box to the arena area. It was very well looked after. 
Looking up to the dome above them, she narrowed her eyes as she began potentially plotting a way to get them all out, only to be stopped in her tracks by the masked man once again stating they would not be able to think of ways to escape thanks to their trained 'staff' being all around them, ready to strike at any given moment. She pouted playfully.

"Awwww, but playing dirty is how I roll."

Maysa looked over to the white hedgehog. At least there was some semblance of light in here for him? With how he had been acting, she figured he needed natural light in order to help fix himself up. She thought it quite pathetic, having to depend on that sort of sustenance, but who was she to say anything when no matter what she ate she wouldn't ever feel full.
Taking her leather jacket off, showing a long sleeved black top with fishnet covering her chest and shoulders, and a black neckerchief with a red fanged expression on the front, she crossed her arms and fixated her gaze to her nails. She flicked her tail in anticipation for the battle to begin. In all seriousness, she didn't want to fight at all considering she was running on no sleep, but it was survival of the fittest in here. Maybe they could think of a plan while beating the ever living shit out of each other?
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Sun May 26, 2019 11:14 pm

Shalina's ear flicked for a moment as she thought of her response to the squirrel next to her, slightly thrown off by the name he used to call her, but didn't want to seem rude by correcting, so she let it be for the time being. She let out a hum of thought as she gazed down at the two competitors and silently analyzed their appearances,

"Hmm... It's hard to say just what they're capable of based off looks alone, but they both seem like they're fairly strong in one-on-one combat..."

She gripped her arm tightly as less than pleasant scenarios played through her head, claws digging firmly into the purple fabric of her jacket, though she didn't seem to care much about that at the moment

"Just glad it isn't me down there..."

She mumbled under her breath, half-aware she even said it out loud. Her lithe, skinny form seemed to lack any obvious muscularity- she had the body of a gymnast, but not fit for combative scenarios such as this... The young lioness clearly knew this, and if anyone were to pay attention, they would notice her near imperceptible shudder and tense stance
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum