Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tundra Trials

+3
Shrike Marine
TheBardPrincess
DeltaGear
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tundra Trials  - Page 2 Empty Re: Tundra Trials

Post by SinMaze Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:49 pm

It was a good thing she insisted. The other guy was putting up a cool brooding act to protect others, but Mayhem was more persistant than that...and also hard headed. At least now the knight would somewhat accept her along side him as long as their goal was the same.

The lynx listened to the legend, feeling a lot like it was from a fairy tale book that her parents used to read to her when she was young. All those talks about knights and ice spears, anybody would be laughing in his face right now, but not Mayhem. She figured that someone dressed in a suit of armour trying to reach a mythycal place guarded by an ice storm in the middle of a mountain was enough to be trusted. Who in their right mind would do that. You'd have to be pretty bonker to try and achieve such a thing. Anyway, during her many treasure hunting trips she saw a lot of weird things, nothing would surprise her anymore. At least the guys seemed to know where to go, Mayhem wouldn't need a map or get lost. 

When the guy looked at her, she was a bit taken aback. Without his visor, the helmet looked empty aside from his powerful glowing orange eyes. It felt mystical and even more right out of a fairy tale, just like the legend. This trip was getting very interresting. With a smirk, Mayhem shook his hand before presenting herself.

"You can call me the Wasp", she answered back. "Pleasure to meet you Ash"

The lynx looked on the side, watching the incoming storm out through the window, frowning a bit. A disastrous weapon eh ? Letting it there was too risky. If she heard of the tale, then someone else would be daring enough to go check it out as well. If that thing was too dangerous for the world, then it had to disappear from its surface.

"Say", she started, adressing herself to Ash without really looking at him. "If that thing is that much of a danger", she turned her head to look at the guy in armour. "Why not destroy it instead"

Her last words said at the same time as the ropeway cabin entered the storm, wind shaking the cabin with snow and ice hitting the windows violently.
SinMaze
SinMaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:07 am

The Echidna sat patiently, feeling the cold air blow easily through his thin jumpsuit, and the Ski goggles beginning to fog at the edges. If there was going to be any sort of conflict between the Phoenix and the White Avian, then it would be one that he would stay out of. 

In the event that a fight broke out, that would mean one less competitor, and he would be all the more grateful for it, but for now, encouraging a fight would be too conspicuous. Perhaps he could use this to his advantage sometime later in the journey?

Once the Snow-bird had turned back to the soldier, whose voice and tone added to the burnt-orange mobian's discomfort. Something didn't seem right about this figure, at least that's what he felt. Perhaps because he was the only human on board the cart, perhaps not.

And out of the group, several replied to the soldier, one of them being a fox, whose tail constantly flicked. Almost on the same page as the Soldier, the fox had something about them that was a little... off.  Something he'd have to ask about later, and delicately.

"No, please, Tell me about this 'Dragon shroud'. It sounds pretty interesting!"

While he started the question aimed at Pyro, by the end of it, he'd turned to face the group. Playing the oblivious part seemed to be working it's magic thus far.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Ash flipped his visor day as he braced himself as the car shook and rocked as the wind and ice slammed against it, pulling his large clothed sword closer to avoid having it go sliding around. The PA system letting out a beep and telling everyone they would be landing shortly at the stop.

"Honestly i don't think it can be destroyed," ash said, pulling out an old parchment with a drawing on it, "if it were to be destroyed it would more than likely reform at some point or take on a new form," he opened the parchment and showed the drawing. It was a very sharp looking gauntlet that look to be from something like in a fantasy game, a red eye place on the back of it.

"From old legends it sits on someone's hand and the wearer is still alive, just frozen. I want to make it's there and if possible make sure it stays put, because i doubt anything could stop whoever is wearing that thing."

Ash went on to explain it's powers, how it could seemingly allow a person to take on the beastly form of a dragon at will and manifest weapons or merge existing items to create powerful weapon. All at the cost of the users blood and slowly corrupting the users mind.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:44 am

Pyro rolled his eyes at being called a 'matchstick', finding it humorous to think someone could ever insult him that way. In general, Pyro found himself chuckling, "Whatever, snowbird it is then." He was gonna be determined not to call her by the right name - he needed something to keep him interested when they weren't really doing much, after all. 
He closed his eyes a bit, leaning back, when 'Stan' and 'Shrike' both asked some questions. Everyone began answering Shrike, and Pyro did think about it a bit - maybe he could get his thoughts out better if he answered both questions at once? He shrugged, still laying back and crossing one of his legs over the other as he finally got ready to answer, memories pushing through his mind...
"The Dragon Shroud is an ancient artifact, a piece of armor with strange, magical powers, known for its great power. That's... all off the top of my head." he answered, slowly opening an eye to look at Shrike, "I'm after it because a dream told me to, I guess. I learned something... weird about me somewhat recently that I've been trying to learn about - to cut the crap, a dream told me I've looked for the artifact before, but with no success. I don't know why I did, but I did, and I want to try again. I gotta admit, something like that must be worth a pretty penny - Ace would be thrilled to hear that, I guess. But I'm just like the rest of ya', I think - I just want it out of the hands of assholes, criminals, monsters, anyone who'd use its powers for personal gain.

He closed his eye again, smirking, when the car began shaking and both Pyro's eyes shot open and he began staring around, "-the hell?!"

The voice over the intercom spoke - they were almost there. He looked out to where the mountain's top was - didn't seem that much further before they reached the top and were able to get the treasure...
Pyro began getting off feelings, whether he should be the one to get it... whether anyone here should. Whether an attempt to destroy it should be made. 

Winter already explained she's gonna be handing it off to a loved one of hers - Pyro's already scratched that off his plans. What would Julian or Bonnie have use for it...? And... dear god, Jack getting it sounded awful.
'Stan' and Claw were both just... too suspicious. 
And Shrike? He trusted the man more than anyone here, but his past with GUN as he learned from his first encounter with him and from what slipped from Bonnie both put him on edge... 

Did anyone deserve it? Even he just wanted it to be able to use it because it'd "be cool" and because dreams told him.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:12 pm

-Well it was pretty clear every one had their intentions, he slowly nodded in understanding to all of which who responded to the question, course he never uttered a word of his own, he and dangerous artifacts never went well together. The long gone artifacts of Cydonia were a perfect example of why he vowed to destroy them.

Sure they may grant powers but there is always a price to pay for such things, power changes beings, he seen first hand how it influences the world around him, I guess when he finally saw it with his own eyes he make his own decisions on the item it self. 

The higher they went the colder it seem to become, tho Shrikes gear did come with some small form of insulating heat regulation it was never designed to be operating at this altitude, he was visibility shaking from the cold, not idea of hypothermia may set in but right now it was stable, ever so often he would have to rub his elbow across his blue visor just to clear the build up of unwanted frost. 

With a sudden jolt the car stopped moving, well it's about time, seems like the cable care has gone as far as it could take them, the rest of the trip would be on foot from hear on out, the door swung open and Shrike stepped forth onto the snow covered mountain top, from this high up the cold air seemed to of increase, visibility was not the sharpest.-

"Come on you guys! let's get moving! I don't want to stick around to figure out or not if Hypothermia is as bad as they say it is we still got some way to go."

-Trudging through the snow proved a little harder for Shrike then he originally thought, then again the guy had never operated in this kind of climate or was trained to do so, each step he seemed to sink as if he was walking on the finest of sands, some times loosing his footing. 

It was a gradual incline up the mountain, massive boulders jutting out from the mountain, ice peaks every where they looked, vast clumps of snow dotted around the area, The armored figured tried to use thermal imagining however that use of electronics was pointless as the temperature was so cooled nothing emitted a heat source, he was just hoping he was going in the right direction. 

Suddenly Shrike lost he's footing and collapsed into the snow vanishing from sight for the others, seconds go by with out seeing him show up until his helmet pops up out of the snow with a tiny mound of it sitting perfectly on the center point of his helmet.- 

"I'v always wanted to be in snow...I'm slowly starting to change my mind about that choice." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:22 am

Winter almost immediately grabs the bridge of her beak in exasperation. This phoenix was irritating- that much was true, and while ‘Snowbird’ was nowhere near as bad as ‘Snowball’, she still disposed the name. Letting out a sigh, she spoke. “Look, kid, it’s Winter. Stop calling me anything else, or I swear I’ll shove my boot right up your-“ she stopped when the cable car came to a halt, sighing again as she stood up.

The avian couldn’t help but smile as she stepped out into the chilly air, again, but she still seemed so utterly unfazed by it all.Though, she noticed that Shrike, who was struggling with walking through the snow, probably wasn’t feeling the warmest. 

She gasped when the marine disappeared into the snow, letting out a sigh of relief when he reappeared, his visor covered in snow. 

Winter shook her head, taking off her scarf and holding it towards Shrike. “Here. This might help keep you warm. Snow is great, though, it makes me feel so... powerful!” She said, standing up straight again.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:30 pm

While the conversation continued on around her, Claw's mind seemed only half present as she silently analyzed information deemed useful. The only hint given she was listening at all was the occasional flick of her ears while her eyes remained closed as if in deep thought.

When the cable car puttered to a stop, Claw opened her eyes and took a deep breath as if savoring what warm air might've been preserved there and ventured in step alongside the others, a walking stick with a sharp end grasped firmly in her hand helped keep her keep relatively solid footing within the snow. She let out a gasp when Shrike was overwhelmed by the snow, but smirked under her mask and looked over at him sympathetically when he popped up unharmed. It reminded her of her younger days. Better days.

"You alright there, trooper?" She questioned while ambling over to the snow-covered human
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum