Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is "bonker"

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This is "bonker" Empty This is "bonker"

Post by SinMaze Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:20 pm

All of Mayhem’s adventures were base on rumors. It was rare to have a fact as to where a certain treasure was, but if she had that kind of knowledge, it was sure that someone had got there before her. Usually her target was somewhere either dangerous or scary; a place the common folks wouldn’t adventure themselves just for the kick of it. This time, she had heard the conversation of two soldiers off duty in the metro of Megalo Station talking about some sort of facility.

They said that their unit was suppose to be send near the Dual Towers, a spot that had once been used in the EX World Grand Prix for some sort of battle royal, where a sort of facility had been discovered hidden in the forest. However, because there was no way to enter without risk, they would send a special force. Whilst listening to the pair talking, the lynx thought this would be a good place to find either treasures or leads to some.

And there she was, standing in front of the said facility. It had been a good walk from the Dual Towers before encountering something out of the ordinary. Mayhem would have thought    that the “facility” would have been a bit more impressive. The façade was a long metal wall dripping with rust with one central door covered in moss. When looking on the sides, it showed the rest of the building sinking in the ground like some sort of bunker. At that point, Mayhem was thinking on doubling back. These guys on the train must have been talking garbage just to look impressive. It was just an old bunker someone had the decency to build in case of an invasion (which occurs every two months). Although, now the Wasp was curious on what could be inside. Would she find food? treasure? A corpse? Oh to hell with it! She had done this entire walk here; she could at least take a peak inside.

Checking all around the door, she noticed that there was nothing to help her get in. No code pad, keyhole or magic eye. With a smirk on her face, the lynx intertwined her fingers and out stretched her hand in front of her, cracking the knuckles with multiple pops. If there were no entry, she would create one. Balling her hand in a fist, she reeled it toward the back before swinging and punching hard the metal, bending under pressure. She swing a second then a third time for the door to finally get punched out of the way, flying down some stairs. Pulling out a small flashlight from her backpack, Mayhem swept a bit the darkness before starting to climb down the stair, adventuring herself in the unknown.
SinMaze
SinMaze

Back to top Go down

This is "bonker" Empty Re: This is "bonker"

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:40 pm

-Surprise surprise that not only she would be keen on such a well hidden secure base, known for his "Methods" of exploration a well armed and armored figure was en route to the same area, choosing to travel through dense terrain and foliage to avoid attracting to much attention, his alley wanted this done by the book and fuck up free, the poor guy had a habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Going on intel provided from his friend, this mysterious figure was going in to evaluate, extract an if need be eradicate any thing deemed dangerous, then under strict orders to pull out, he didn't need to be there longer then he head to as the figure had a tendency to....get lost, bearings was not the best attribute of the being. 

Tho he was making good timing the figure did stop ever so often to check his surroundings, reading information scanning through his helmets heads up display before continuing once more moving carefully and with steady pace, he wanted to get there before any one else had a chance of entering the complex. 

It would not take long for him to finally spot the facility, you could barely make it out, probably why no one came looking for the damn thing. Shrike knelled down to zoom in via his helmet, this was the place alright just as Lysander described it The facility looked really abandon and falling apart, moss every where, rust running rampant on the exterior just another day in the office. 

Slowly and carefully the figure approached, tactically moving a single foot over the other his weapon in firm grip with the left index on the trigger, suddenly coming to a halt...before him the frontal door was totally smashed in, the impact marks suggested something large bashed its way through. The figure immediately contact Lysander via communications.- 

"Lysander this is Shrike I am at the entrance of the base, got bad news, looks like some one or thing already got here..the front door was smashed in like it was made of god damn cardboard."

"Those doors were suppose to resist high intense impacts, what ever broke through could be extremely dangerous...proceed with caution..and remember your objectives..locate..evaluate..extract...and if need be neutralize...I dont want to get another call from you say you got lost in some complex maze alright....Lysander out."

"Well ain't this just my luck...don't worry he said...no one is going to find the base he said....well...here goes nothing." 

-Shrike switched his helmet to night vision and entered the complex, it was dark, it was rusty and it was looking more and more run down the further he went into it, suddenly...he heard something...movement coming from some where down below, Shrikes heart began to accelerate, Shrike had his few close encounters in places such as this, some times almost didn't make it out alive and some times he wondered why he kept doing this.-

"Son of a!....Some one else is here."

-Shrike pressed on determined to at least get a visual on who it was down here, perhaps it was the thing or machine that barged its way through those doors, in the zone and ready to go his combat boots could be heard as he charged towards the end sight where the stairwell started, the echo carrying from the entrance to the stairs.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMaze Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:33 pm

The beam of light swept in every direction, highlighting the lynx’ environment. Seeing just metal all around her, Mayhem now bought the facility thing. She had tried to find a switch, but all the power and controls must come from a generator further in the abode. For what seemed like an abandoned underground base, it sure was cleaner than expected.  This situation awfully felt like a scenario straight out of a horror movie. Mayhem wasn’t scare, but if a creep was to show up by surprise, she would punch the living hell out of them.

Turning a corner, on of the wall was now made of glass. Shining her light in the room, it showed some kind of messed up laboratory. Oh great, that’s where zombies are made. Did she just put herself in a patient zero situation?

“That’s what you get when you’re too curious”, she mumbled to herself continuing her walk.

Further in the corridor, she arrived at a crossroad where almost every walls were in the same predicament as the first except there were some low blue light still lit as a background ambiance in every room. That was weird. Was someone still in here? She had to check on of the room to know what was going on in here. When the lynx tried to open one of the glass door it wouldn’t budge. If that door thought it could stop her from getting in, it was wrong. With a good swing of elbow, the glass cracked and shattered into tiny bits all over the floor. It was a good thing Mayhem wasn’t trying to be discreet, because with all of the noise she was doing, she would have clearly failed. She stepped in the messy lab and crouched to take a look at all the scattered documents on the ground, trying to avoid touching the gooey stuff spilled from broken test tubes. What on Mobius were they cooking down here?

Trying to find something interesting, little did she know she wasn’t alone now…
SinMaze
SinMaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:03 pm

-Shrike skidded to a halt at the entrance of the stairwell, staring down into the dark abyss of who the hell knows what, he gathered his thoughts took a deep breath and plunged into the darkness, thankfully for him his night vision visor mode give him decent visibility in this...strange and dark place. He finally reached the bottom with a careful touch as not to make to much noise, he still wanted the element of surprise at his disposal.

The facility began to play tricks on the poor figure, harboring memories of a by gone crisis that still haunted him to this very day, right now he could not afford to loose focus so onward he went. The layout was ominously a line with something that was reminiscent of the old defunct H.R.C corporation, could this be a long forgotten complex, simply abandon when the corporation went bankrupt ?

The walls echoed a dark feeling, that this place was a place that was never suppose to be discovered by simple outsiders they probably went to great effort to conceal this place for a reason and Shrike had the intention to to find that reason. 

Further down he went till approaching a lab like section, boy if there was one thing he hated more then the empire's robotic forces it was damn laboratory, by the looks of it, roughed up pretty bad, he stopped to inspect the area only briefly, using the Hud to capture footage and pictures to eventually take back.- 
"First sign of trouble...unknown laboratory, who knows what the hell they were doing in here but if it belongs to H.R.C I have a distinct feeling its probably bad."

-Just then a shattered glass sound echoed from near by, it confirmed the location of the possibly hostile, Shrike bolted from the section down to where he believed the sound was coming from, he changed his visor mode to thermal imaging, as the vision turned a mix of whites, grays and blacks. Slowly down as he reached the turn into the next corridor.

The figure hugged the wall to the edge peering around slowly to see who it was, the thermal imagining picked up a figure crouching down in front of what seemed like yet another room, documents lay on the floor or he assumed it to be that. Shrike had to make a move now throw the whole search out the window.

Shrike moved around the corner slowly, he knelt down on one knee and raised his rifle to aim, at that moment he switched back to normal vision an turned on his flash light eliminating the subject.-

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!....Don't move a muscle...try any thing stupid with me is a one way ticket to getting your head permanently remove from your shoulders....now...who are you...what are you doing here."

-Shrike didn't budge or move, but if she turned to see him she would immediately see the striking contrast of green clothing and almost black gear, armored chest vest, combat equipment and a helmet with a solid blue visor staring down at her along with a hefty looking rifle pointed directly at her.-  
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMaze Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:33 pm

The background blue light was just enough light to say it wasn’t total darkness, so Mayhem had to use her flashlight in order to see well. The ambiance felt like when you close a shop: you leave just a light so you won’t get stolen. Half of the papers the lynx was pulling up didn’t make any sense to her. She wasn’t dumb, but neither was she a scholar. Her mind was so focus on her task that she didn’t hear the person creeping up behind her.

“HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!” a voice shouted behind her.

“DAA-AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” she screamed in shock, turning around and throwing her flashlight at the intruder with a good swing. She got so spooked that she didn’t hear the rest of his speech. Her heart pumping with fear, Mayhem quickly grabbed a chair laying on the ground and lifted it over her head as if it was nothing.

“STAY AWAY FROM ME! I PROBABLY KNOW HOW TO USE THIS!” she shouted. With the small background light, she could see a shape, but because she threw her flashlight like a dumbass, she couldn’t see who it was or what they looked like very well. The person was way too tall to be an anthro like her, so she would have to say human. Oh great…was it the Special Forces these guys were talking about? Maybe there really was something valuable in here. This guy could either help her or kill her depending on which way he came from. She only hoped they weren’t a patient zero from this lab. Last thing she needed was an intelligent zombie.

“Look, I don’t want trouble, I’m just really curious ok?” she told the person in front of her, ready to throw the chair if they became hostile.
SinMaze
SinMaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:10 pm

-The flash light came flying at him shattering on impact against the armored chest plate of his assault vest he wore, with the main source of light for her gone and his bearing down on her, only a silhouette of him would be visible from now on tho he could see her as clear as day, this...this was the one who broke in, Shrike found it hard to believe that was the case, or perhaps she was trapped in here, answers in due time..he would find for now it seemed like she was getting rather defensive, couldn't blame her to be honest.

The Lynx seem to grab hold of a chair holding it above her and threatening that she knew how to use such a object as a weapon, a mildly entertaining remark to Shrike that one knew how to use a chair as a actual weapon. Course she had every right to be terrified because pointed at her was a weapon capable of firing 900 rounds per minute, all it would take is one burst of this weapon to shred her into pieces.

Tho she explained she meant no trouble but was just curious of this facility, a extremely dangerous curiosity, tho he would of done the same. Infact he was here to see it for himself an explore the facility, he had no idea this is who he would encounter.

Using his helmets heads up display he began to scan her for a few moments, collecting data, concluding she was probably non hostile and there for didn't need a couple of bullets to classify the being, he slowly began to lower his rifle slowly. 

That is when the figure began too approach her, the sounds of boots hitting metal getting closer and closer until he was were feet away from her, for a few seconds he seemed to look at her, tilting his head left to right before finally speaking to her once more.- 

"I suggest you put that down. I ain't going to harm you...unless you give me a reason to....now with all due respect..wondering into a abandon facilities like this ain't a smart move....you have no idea what could be lurking in places like this...something could very easily be hiding in the shadows and you would never know unless you are geared up like I am....fortunately for you...I ain't gonna shoot you...but you still going to need to explain to me who you are..."

-Shrike being over prepared like always a bit of a paranoid guy when it came to being ready for any thing and the term "overkill" non existing to him the armored figure opened a pouched that was on his belt and pulled out a hand held flash light, despite the fact that both his rifle and his helmet had one, this is because it was not for him...it was for her since her last one shattered, he extended his arm out with the flash light in the palm of his glove.- 

"Also..you might need this since..you know...you tried to use your one as a weapon on me." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMaze Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:44 pm

Mayhem listened carefully to him, keeping the chair in the air until he proclaimed he wasn’t going to hurt her. Frowning a bit her brow, the lynx slowly lowered her weapon to place it carefully on the ground again. She scoffed a bit when this guy told her this place could be dangerous for her.

“Don’t worry man”, she said crossing her arms on her chest. “If you came by the door, then you should know I can clearly defend myself”

Mayhem took the flashlight from his hand, turning it on, and scanned with the beam who was in front of her. This get up looked right: military uniform, weapons strapped on him and a helmet in which she could see her reflection on the visor. He had a lot of nerves to ask her this while he hid perfectly his identity under his helmet. However, he seemed like a higher authority than her, so she could at least indulge him with her nickname; maybe he’s heard it before. That didn’t mean though she wouldn’t be less sassy.

“Asking me to tell you who I am is a bit hypocrite coming from you, don’t you think?” she asked with a smirk. “So for now you can call me The Wasp. I’m a treasure hunter”, she posed doing a peace sign with her fingers next to her face and winking. “And to whom have I the honour?”

She walked pass him, continuing her adventure in the corridor since her researches in this room were fruitless. She figured the other guy would follow her. This place was too dark; she had to find that generator.
SinMaze
SinMaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:14 pm

-The wasp....Shrike tilted his head a little at the name, unfortunately it didn't ring a bell, tho the wasp name probably indicated something along with "delivering a nasty sting" or something along those lines, perhaps in time he would come to understand see why this nickname fitted her, perhaps it was her look who knows.

But Shrike could tell from a mile away the sass level was really high, didn't need to be a rocket scientist to see it as it was clear as day, perhaps yes it was a ironic she couldn't see his face, just like the rest of the world had not seen it, didn't stop him from keeping it like that, tho he still felt like he was more or less control over the situation, he did after all have the big guns on his side.

"Maybe it is...maybe it is not, I guess time will tell and how this all ends, so you are a treasure hunter, so what you just go looking for random places and hope something exists ? Just winging it ? Or do you have at least a vague idea of what you are looking for ? 

My name ? Well I don't have any nicknames to go by nothing fancy like yours, you can just call me Shrike, I think that will do for now and please for the love of every thing whole do not use Mr in it alright...I'v had enough beings call me that. I'm a former G.U.N soldier turned freelancer why ? Well that is a story for another time, speak of-- hey...where you going ?"

-She winked at him and passed right by him while he was still talking, I guess no subtly here at all, well he was here for his own reason but his nature couldn't just let her go in alone, he know what could be lurking and even to the well prepared you could never be truly safe, so naturally he tags along behind the lynx, turning on his helmet flash light, scanning the surroundings.-

"This complex reminds me a lot of the former H.R.C Corporation, a mass conglomerate that was once at its peak 5 years ago, were responsible for some pretty horrific stuff, genetic altering, projects involving inter dimension nonsense and who the hell knows what else, if you looking for valuable treasure. I highly doubt you gonna find any thing of the sort here."

-While not a treasure hunter himself he did looking for unique items, technology, weapons any thing of that manner, either to take back or out right destroy, he had come well prepared to blow the place to hell if need be.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMaze Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:27 pm

“You sure do talk a lot…mister”, she told him with a snicker. She kept on navigating through the corridors, peaking her lights through the windows, seeing the same thing as in all the others.

“To be honest I’m not looking for anything in particular”, she answered him casually. “I heard some soldiers talking about this place in the metro in Megalo Station.” She stopped for a while, leaning a bit toward Shrike whispering comically: “Just a tip if you wanna know who to blame for my presence here. Think they were off duty yesterday.” She resumed walking, her eyes staying on alert toward the darkness while she kept on speaking with her new pal.

“I want to find some clues on dangerous and magical stuff that could pose a threat to the lives on this planet and…dispose of them. I’m sick of someone like Eggman using these to power their own selfish benefits.” 

She turns around to face Shrike with a determinate look: “Better me finding it first than some lunatic. So I sure hope you’re not one, ‘cause if you are I’ll ring your freaking neck”, saying the last part with a big smile and her free fist raised in front of her.

At least he couldn’t say she wasn’t direct. Keeping her smile, she turned around once more and kept trekking further into the corridor. At some point, there were no more labs and it was getting darker. They were back into an all metal hallway. Mayhem listened to what Shrike was saying about the place. She didn’t understand all of it, but she got the big picture. That meant her ideas of this place being run by zombies wasn’t that far off the truth. She stayed on edge, her ears in high alert to spot if someone else was lurking in the shadows. After a while, the duo arrived at an intersection with two ways on the left and right.

*CLANK*

Suddenly, her left ear moved toward the left corridor, her entire being soon following. It sounded like a carboy hitting metal. The flashlight given by Shrike was powerful, but the beam didn’t reach far enough into the darkness to see anything moving.

“Tell me”, she started a bit nervous but keeping it together. “You came alone, right?”
SinMaze
SinMaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:20 pm

-He sighed, there was a time back when Shrike didn't talk all that much, he left his weapon do that, times change and in this case it was for the better, Shrike didn't respond to the Lynx's remark of him speaking a lot he just went with it for now, tho she did mention she was not looking for any thing particular, whether or not that was the real answer was left to be found later.

Tho it seemed like she did inform him of how she figured out this place was from over hearing it from two off duty soldiers at the station, probably no doubt G.U.N soldiers, man was he pleased to no longer be part of them. She further continued about her real intention, locating dangerous and magical items or entities that could pose a threat to the planet, mentioning the good doctor himself and how he would exploit such items.

"I see, well I highly doubt this facilities hold any thing magical, but dangerous technology, creatures...that is almost certain, if this is H.R.C you are bound to find things that even Eggman would say "What the fuck" I do my part to either capture technology or dangerous items and either destroy or return them to Lysanders base so he can handle it."

-Suddenly she almost tried to pose a threat to him explaining if he was some nut case looking for world dominating technology or mystical magical items to rule the world, sadly Shrike couldn't take her seriously at that remark so he just shook his head at her.

As the duo plunged further into the darkness Shrike began to become ever more vigilant, he began to check every thing and every corner, constantly looking over his shoulder, clearly something about being in dark abandon places was something he had done before and by his movements those adventures didn't go so well.

Then a loud metal clang echoed through out the facility, Shrike instinctively raised his rifle and flipped the safety switch to full auto, aiming it down the corridor. The Lynx asked if he was alone-

"Yea I would say that...however since some one smashed in the doors, any one can walk in....or if something was trapped down here...now it can walk out....since I have the gun..you stay put here...I'm going in."

-Shrike though the fear sense pulsing through his body knew if it was something hostile..best to engage it from range, he switches visor mode back to thermal imaging and begins to scan the area looking for any thing that may of caused the noise.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMaze Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:16 pm

« Yeah well you tell me how I could have enter then », she said a bit annoyed. « I’m not high-tech fancy like you. »

It didn’t help when he claimed that because he had the gun, he would be the one to play hero and her the damsel in distress. 

« Oh yeah », she said sarcastically. « Let’s split the group, cause that never backfire in horror movies. »

No way she would stay idle behind. She would either go the other way or follow him, but since they had no idea what they were up against, Shrike would need some backup. Plus, he might not take her seriously, he’ll eat his words when he’ll see what the lynx is made of. However, she let him stay in front since he indeed had a gun. The last thing Mayhem wanted to become was a swiss cheese because of her ego. She would bring up the rear instead, checking if nothing could flank them with whatever was in front of them.

They walked cautiously for a bit, Mayhem slightly behind Shrike with her ears perked, using her animal senses to check if something was moving toward them. Slowly, she started to smell something foul, like moldy eggs and sewer.

« God », she whispered covering a bit her muzzle with the back of her fingers. « Whatever’s in front of us is smelling like it fermented down here for months. »

Suddenly her ears picked up a noise. It was as if a big insect was walking all around them. As she tried to follow the sound with her flashlight, Mayhem wasn’t able to spot anything. She didn’t know if Shrike could ear it since her senses were developed than the ones of an average human.

« I don’t know if you can ear it », she started whispering and looking over and behind them to try an spot the damn thing. « But that thing is fucking with us right now. I can’t figure out where it is or where it’s going. »
SinMaze
SinMaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:36 pm

-The who reason Shrike took lead in his mind, was purely a act of safety, even if she thought other wise, Shrike knew if something should strike or shoot his armor could with stand a hefty punch, if she was struck by the same projectile or said weapon it might kill her, and well even if he just barely met her he didn't want to leave the place knowing she wouldn't see another day, that would way to much on his mind. 

Shrike went ahead whether she followed or not but it seemed she ignored his order to stay put, huh kinda reminded him when his old commanding officer caught him not following orders. Shrike kept a steady pace, aiming his weapon left and and right, leaving nothing to chance and trusting nothing until he could finally see it, rather be safe then sorry.

Just then a horrific smell hit Shrike like a brick wall, even through the god damn helmet that had respirator system, he actually had to stop for a moment to gather himself.-

"Sweet balls of fucking fire what the hell is that smell, I think fermented is being to kind to what ever died down here....Let's keep mo-"

-As soon as she heard it he did as well, while normally he couldn't with out the helmet, it was it who picked up the sound tho not as clear as she could, but it sure did sound like something scuttling about around them, Shrikes heart felt like it just dropped  out of his chest.

He kept his rifle aimed, checking left, right, forward and back but there was no sign of it, perhaps they had awoke something that didn't want to be disturbed or better yet, the wasp found her patient zero after all.- 

"Waaassp......I think we gotta move, keep heading down the corridor I'll watch our back, you lead the way if any thing tries its luck behind I'll make it wish it stayed in the dark.."

-He said pulling the bolt back on his rifle making the classic chuck chik sound as it loaded, he did not like how the situation was escalating, mostly because of how it was bringing back memories of a long past event that set every thing in motion for him, the darkest day in his mind and here inside this complex felt like it was happening all over again only thing time...he was not alone in the dark.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMaze Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:50 pm

"Waaassp.....", she heard next to her while scanning their surrounding. "I think we gotta move. Keep heading down the corridor, I'll watch our back. You lead the way, if anything tries its luck behind us I'll make them wish it stayed in the dark."

That sound like a pretty good plan to her. At least if something was to scare her by landing in front of them, she'd just have to punch the living hell out of it. Without waiting more, Mayhem slowly backed in the corridor, looking all around her before fully turning on herself and leading the way. Every time a sound would make its way to her ears, she would point the beam of light toward the source, but never could spot anything. Mayhem thought it was awfully starting to look like that horror movie she watched about this acid spitting alien tracking the special forces inside a space ship.

As if on cue, a mass droped from the cieling right in front of the lynx who stopped inches from it. Frowning a bit, Mayhem directed the light toward what appeared to be a redish puddle. She crouched on one knee, dipping two diggits in the liquid before bringing it to her face and sniffing it.

"Blood ? Smells like something else too", she said puzzled, followed by the feeling of something dripping on her head. She lifted her head only to receive more of the fluid on her face. She flinched, brushing roughly her arm over her eyes. Once again, the metal smell flooded her nose as she recognized the same smell as the one on the floor. Opening her eyes, her head still backward, Mayhem jumped back to her feet, backing a bit away.

Something was hanging from the ceiling, something moving and breathing heavily. Shaking a bit, the treasure hunter lifted her flashlight to see what was up there. Fear caught to her for she never imagine such a thing to be here.
A human...and a mobian...but both fused together ! It was like some incomplete monster. The body was one of a human, but spider limbs were coming out of it, grasping on the ceiling pipes. The mobian's head had been stitche to the torso while the human one was bent backward like it was broken. Blood and mucus were oozing from stitches and injuries; it was as if they had been melted together. Their eyes were empty of conciousness yet the body was moving like they were awake and on the prowl.

"What...the hell...", Mayhem whispered at the horrible sight, shaking on place. Who in the world could have create such a thing ?
SinMaze
SinMaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:32 pm

-The armored figure followed slowly behind her, his rifle scanning any adjacent corridors off to the left and right as they continued, what kind of hell hole did he wonder into this time, heard of genetic experimentation and seen it first hand with multiple cases of his allied friend..but this...this was another level of what the fuck, still he had the gear and the gun should the situation go south rapidly.

it was almost so quite at some points that the only sounds were the sounds of their own foot steps against the aged metal surface as they ventured onward, unable to rely fully on the tracker device in his helmet Shrike switched it off fearing the beeps would attract more attention then they needed right now.

Shrike would notice the lynx stopping, why, why now in the middle of this corridor, he quickly turned around to figure out why she had, a sudden origin of mass had dropped from the roof and splattered onto the metal floor,

Shrike too approached to kneel down beside her inspecting the strange like liquid, what was even more concerning the DNA matching for his visor picked up no known origin, it was like a biologically created liquid tho there were traces of know blood.

He slowly looked at her before something startled the Mobian, Shrike quickly reacted in proper and turned around with his rifle loaded and aimed, his flash light catching something hanging from the ceiling.

An abomination of a creature was in his sights, half human, half mobian fused together in about 50 different kinds of fucked up, looked like it was some terrible gene splicing experiment gone to hell and hand basket. If there was ever nightmare fuel this son of a bitch was no doubt it in carnation. 

Horrific creature of unknown or not Shrike was not about to take any chances, he had dealt with violent creatures before, a good while ago but to him, if he bleeds...you can kill it, man what he couldn't give for a flame thrower right now.-

"WASTE IT!"

-The young freelancer yelled as his rifle opened fire with a roar, the dark room lighting up as the weapon went full auto, sparks and shattered metal flung from the ceiling and room as the empty shells were ejected out the side of the weapon, he fired for approximately 3 seconds until holding fire, he hoped that it was enough led spent to drop the bastard...however past experience always told him....hope for the best...prepare for the worst. Thus Shrike held his ground..waiting to see what would happen next.- 

"What ever the fuck that thing was I hope to hell it is dead..."

-Shrike took a serious risk now and began to approach where the creature was last sighted, he wanted to make sure or confirm he had neutralized the target.The gun fire had by effect created a puff of smoke from all the impacts the bullets made and visibility was poor at best now, he had no idea exactly how far from he was, nor was he sure the lynx would follow him given her shocked state, but some one had to make sure hey.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMaze Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:49 pm

Mayhem couldn't shake the awful feeling. This was not a freak accident. Someone had intentionally sewn these bodies together so create some sort of monster. Were the people conscious of their behaviour, of their condition ? Were they suffering ? Who could have done such a horrible thing. A shiver made its way down her spine, thinking about how scared these persons must have been in here. The lynx was here for adventure, but never thought that some people must have suffered down here at the mercy of a psychopath. 

When Shrike opened fire, the sound snapped her back to reality. Quickly, she brought her arms in front of her to protect her face if a piece of metal was to bounce her way. Her ears were bent on the side a bit, showing her animal side of fear. A few seconds after Shrike emptied his cartridge, Mayhem slowly lowered her arm, her ears percking up again for any abnormal sound. When the man next to her started slowly advancing, she lifted the flashlight once more to see if the creature was still alive.

...it was gone.

The lynx franctically searched all around them with the beam of light to see if it had moved to strike them by surprise, but it was nowhere to be found.

"W-where is it ?" she asked a bit shaken.

As soon as she pronouced her words, the familliar scratching noise was back, but this time multiplied. The sounds were giving the impression that hundreds of big insects were crawling their way. Their advantage was that they knew every corner of this facility contrary to Mayhem and Shrike. This didn't look good for the two intruders. Mayhem backed until she was back to back with her human companion.

"W-well", she started a bit frightened but with some bravery left in her voice. "looks like we're the tracked ones now. Got a plan ?", she asked as she readied herself in a fighting position, waiting on whatever was to turn the corner on them.
SinMaze
SinMaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:04 pm

-When the smoke finally subsided Shrike was surprised to see....nothing, nothing by dented metal, bullet holes and empty casings...where the hell did it go or what happened to it, this both confused and troubled the armored figure, chances were it fled before it could be harmed well at least it was gone...for now

Shrike did a quick area sweep with his flash light, but there were no visible signs of the hostile, or where it could of ventured off to, but the chances were high it would return, with little to go on Shrike had to think of what to do next, while he just wanted to get the hell out of there he still had a objective to complete and that was assess this place and figure out what lay in it. 

It didn't take a rocket scientist to see the fear in her, he wouldn't make a mention of it, every one experienced fear in some form of another, even he did tho his helmet hid that away perfectly.

Then suddenly the noise returned, but in far greater quantity then previous, the only conclusion that could be made from this was....there were more of these sons a bitches in the facility, probably where they were created as well. Shrike pulled a fresh mag out from a pouch and loaded it into his rifle before looking to his Mobian buddy.

"We not leaving this base just yet...I still need to figure out what this place is...and what else could be down here...as long as we stick together we should....theoretically be fine.....regardless we gotta keep moving forward, stay close and be ready to engage.....we are knee deep in it now."

-The armored figure pressed on, the noise seemed to follow them regardless of distance, perhaps they were stalking them..waiting..waiting for the perfect moment to swarm in....it would not be to long till they finally came to a door....peering up at the top the caption above it was "Containment".- 

"Alright..here...this is a good first place to check it out...now I could blow these doors open but the discharge of energy might get us as well....."

-Shrike was basically hinting at her to do her thing.-

"You first ma lady"

-He said in a rather calm down stepping away from the door to let Wasp do as she did to the entrance door, he wanted to see first hand if she could actually breach the bulk head door like she claimed she did with the entrance door.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMaze Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:33 pm

Theorically ?! That was reassuring. Still it was better than being alone against these...things. On top of that, Mayhem found herself lucky that someone, with a military background on top of that, had chosen the same day and same time as her to visit the base. She couldn't even fatom the idea of fighting this monstruosity all by herself. True she was strong, but she didn't know what that beast was made of. Better play it safe for the moment and back up Shrike with her might.

The lynx followed her newly found companion through the underground maze. What could he be searching for ? If it was treasure, he was more determined than Mayhem to find it. Maybe a bit daredevil, but she was not suicidal and at that moment, the base didn't look safe. So what on Mobius could this guy need that was more important than his life ?

After a while of being chased in the dark, the duo arrived at a door with a written panel on top of it where it could be read 'Containment'. Hearing the other guy hint at her, she smirked, walking to the sealed door.

"Keep your bullets", she said knocking a bit with the back of her hand on the door, resulting in an echoing 'clank' for each knocks. Smirking, she backed a bit, facing the door. "Just get ready to shoot anything coming out of this door."

She placed herself in a fighting stance, fists raised in front of her. She took a deep breath in and punched directly the right side of the metal door, denting the material. She got back to her stance before going for a jab on the left side, making the door cave in even more. Shaking both her hands to release the tingles of the contact, Mayhem evaluated how much force she needed to finaly open the door. She wasn't surprise that this department was more difficult to open, at least it was doing its job. She took a deep breath, raising once more her fists in front of her and she launched herself foward, raising her left foot to kick the door with all her might, kicking it right out of its socket, sending it flying inside the room. Hot damn she was a beast, she thought.

The treasure hunter stepped back after realizing that something might be lurking it, but after a few moments, nothing came out. That was weird. She would have though that the nest was in there, waiting to devour the two intruders. She looked at Shrike, a brow raised, and back inside, taking out her flashlight to see what was up inside. The lynx entered the room with cautious steps, directing the beam a bit everywhere around her.

There was a small fog and the smell of rotten egg was hanging in the air. The ceiling lights were broken with shards covering the floor and the temperature was so humid. Mayhem pressed on, covering her muzzle and frowning from the bad odor. There was an occasional dropping noise echoing every two seconds and some lights from big monitor keyboards where spasming every now and then. Something definately happened here and it wasn't good.

At some point, Mayhem almost slipped on some material on the ground. Steadying herself, she pointed the beam of light on the ground to find, to her horror, blood and hair. She followed the track with her light ending on a rotten corpse. The mobian gasped, backing a bit with some nausea flowing up. Each time she was adverting her light elsewhere, there was another corpse....and another one...and another one. Dozen of scientists bodies were laying dead on the ground, soaked in blood or teared to shred. Mayhem felt sick in the stomach. What happened here ?! What on earth could have done such a carnage ?
Lifting her light, she noticed something that sent fear down her spine.

"Uuuuh...Shrike", she said, shaking a bit. "I think we're in deep, deep shit"

At the end of her light, were pods, dozens of them line up next and behind each other.

Each of them were broken and empty.
SinMaze
SinMaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:23 pm

-The figure stood aside hugging the wall to the immediate left of the door, he had gone through this kind of procedure before, pretty standard CQC training back at gun, as soon as the door was breached he would entered it along with other troopers to secure the area, of course this time, they were not up against ordinary bad guys and it was just the two of them.

Shrikes distinct blue visor watched over at the Lynx have at it at the door, her remark of being reading to shoot any thing on the other side was well met, he may just have one weapon but the confines of the hallways meant he could easily take on dozens with out being flanked.

He watched as each punch delivered enough force to at least dent the massive door, even some powerful machines would of struggled against such a bulk head, but after only a couple of punches ending with a kick did the entire heavy door coming flying off it's hinges scraping across the ground with a metal shriek before stopping altogether..."Holy shit" He thought to himself, that was impressive as all hell.

Shrikes natural training instinct kicks in as he enters the room with weapon draw, scanning the area, it was dark and a fog lingered making visibility even with the flash lights poor at best, Shrike gave a quick flick to thermal imaging but detected no visible life signs before returning to normal visor mode.

The heat was heavy, humidity was high and Shrike could feel it under all his gear, regardless he pushed on, Shrike saw immediately what the Lynx saw, the blood the hair the bodies...every where, it looked like something straight out of hell..or at the very least a grim reminder of the Ark gate crisis, Shrike didn't seem to phased upon looking at all the dead and blood.

She probably could conclude he had seen stuff like this before given his almost non reaction to the dead around them, Shrike walked over to one of the corpses that was pinned up against the wall, his face torn in half along with the left arm missing, he kneels down to inspect the body, locating a tag.- 

"Huh...apparently this guy was a member of the H.R.C on a project I never heard before...says Project Icarus...what ever that is suppose to mean."

-Just then Shrike heard the fear like voice coming from the Wasp, he returns to stand up on two feet looking back at her, visibility shaking in fear about something, she told him they were in deep shit, he quickly shifted to see what she was pointing the flash light at, before the duo..row upon row of pods. 

Not even thinking about his safety Shrike dashed ahead to get a good look at these strange pods, the glass shields totally smashes open, bits of flesh and blood hanging from shards.- 

"Wasp! Get over here! I found something"

-Shrike had indeed found something, crazy son of a bitch didn't even check around him if any thing was lurking, what he was was that what was in these pods was part of the Icarus project, the pods were all labeled "Failed subjects" along with a number on each pod, this is obviously where the failed experiments were held and some how containment had been lost. 

One of the pods had a description of what happened to one of the subjects it was reading.-

"Subject 13 initially showed no signs of altered behavior after reanimation after being  exposed to UOE 1, however several days later after being exposed to the artifact subject 13 expressed extreme pain, pain continued until 3 more days until notable mutations began to occur corresponding with other subjects, merging of mobian and human DNA subjects began to transform horrifically, even subjects who had been cut apart could reform if no vital organs were damaged, subject 13 is to be contained."

"Well this is explains a bit, still not clear what they were trying to do exactly but now we know they were trying to merge DNA of Human Mobians, along with experimentation used a Artifact of some sort....UOE stands for Unknown origin entity...I have a bad feeling that something from the past that should of been destroyed, just landed up in the wrong hands. We need to keep moving, we need to find the control room and figure out where this UOE is located."

-Before Shrike and the Wasp could go any further..a echoing roar came rushing down the entrance the Wasp had knocked in..shortly after metal scuttling could be heard coming close and becoming more intense, Shrike quickly switch to thermal which confirmed his fear...they were coming..and my god were there a lot of them...-

"CONTACT!" 

-Shrike yelled as the creatures poured into the room, Shrike opened fire with full auto lighting it up, switch from one creature to the next. There were every one on the floor, the side of the walls and the roofs.- 

"THEIR EVERY WHERE! TAKE THEM DOWN!" 

-Shrikes rifle roared as empty shells spilled onto the metal floor with clangs, the smoke pouring from some as he got into a kneeling position to firing upon them coming straight at them, they were heavily out numbered.-
https://instaud.io/3grN
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMaze Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:55 pm

Everything happened so fast, she barely had time to duck out of Shrike's way. Once she was standing in pure shock over the sea of dead bodies, then a wave of mutants poured in the room. For the moment she hid behind a broken container, letting Shrike empty his ammo on the beasts. For the moment, Mayhem would be more of a nuisance than anything else being a close combat type. Getting out there would be hard for the soldier to not hit her and separating would create even more opportunity to end up dead. Though it wasn't long until some of them were able to break through and get awfully close to Shrike.

The lynx was able to spot some movements on the opposite side, she didn't hesitate to launch herself onto the mutant closing in on Shrike's blind side. She delivered a solid sidekick on the side of the unidentified creature, sending it flying toward where it came from and taking other monsters with it. Some had been swift enough to dodge the oncoming mutant and made their way to the Lynx. Mayhem was ready. As much as they came she was able to punch them away, breaking some limbs or rendering them K.O. in only a few hits.

All seemed to go well until she realized she wasn't fast enough to cover all of Shrike blind sides. From the corner of her eyes, she was able to see an hybrid crawling on the ceiling and making its way to strike down her companion. She had to move quickly ! Punching one last time the mutant in front of her, she turned to look for somethign to throw at the ceiling crawler but there was only broken glass around her. Oh well, she would have to make do. Mayhem bent down, taking hold of a large piece of glass that was once part of a container and proped it against her shoulder. The piece was massive and sharp, doing half her size. She hoped her precision was on the mark. She took a deep breath and just before the creature could drop down on Shrike, the lynx flung the sharp debris toward it. The projectile pierced the mutant on impact and it dropped right next to Shrike in a pool of blood, shrieking in pain.

The treasure hunter smirked, proud of her shot, her palms with two big cut opened by the slidding glass while throwing it. She had made one hell of a shot, but while occupied in protecting Shrike she had let her guard wide open. One of the mutants seized the opportunity and came down on the red lynx with a deep scream. Mayhem had barely enough time to turn around when the mutant got on top of her, pinning her on the ground. 

Her head knocked hard on the ground, wind temporarily knocked out of her. Mayhem opened her eyes to meet with an open jaw filled with sharp bloody teeth. Her hands flew in front of her to grasp onto the teeth, preventing the mouth from closing on her head. The smell coming out of the troath was disgusting and drool was dropping onto her. The beast looked like some kind of combination between a gorilla, a crocodile and a human...or maybe humans. The body was of the gorilla, the head was a crocodile sewed next to the gorilla's dead one and multiple human arms were coming out from various places on the beast. This was not looking good; Mayhem was fighting against something that potentialy had the same strenght as her. The mutant was standing on her, crushing her body against the ground and preventing her from breathing normaly. She could also feel the sharp teeth piercing her hands, letting out a small pained cry as her hands got closer from her head. She was loosing the fight. She could hear the screaming beasts closing in and Shrike yelling something that she didn't quite understand over the sound of his rifle. Time seemed to slow down as she lifted her eyes to see how overwhelmed they were. This couldn't be how she died...she had to help Shrike.

Her eyes snaped back to her problem at hand, frowning at the beast. No ! She had to try harder. She had one last thing up her sleeve and she would be damned if she lost in a battle of power. Mayhem concentrated all her power in her body, enhancing it, sparks of electricity coursing over he body. If she succeed in her attack, it should take care of everything in this room. She just hoped that Shrike's armour was solid enough to prevent him from beeing to roughed up. Her eyes turned golden, having channeled enough energy for her final push. She sreamed in rage, the muscles in her arms solidifying and pulling the jaw appart, tearing it open. While the beast lamented in pain still standing on her, Mayhem raised her fist, statics all over her arms and fur bristly, and brought them down swiftly on the ground under her.

The impact was so full of energy that it created and explosion of wind and electricity sending everything and everyone flying away from its source. The metal ground couldn't substain such force and rumbled in a simili earthquake, breaking the floor beneath her. She had channeled all of the energy in herself to create some sort of natural emp bomb, electrifying everything in the vicinity. With the walls and floor made entirely of metal, it was a great conductor which seemed to affect greatly the sea of attackers. The base shook, some parts of the ceiling falling and all of the objects in the room were shaken up, some sent flying, some overloading.

There was a fog in the air full of dust. Everything was silent aside from some electronics beeping in distress. Mayhem was still on the ground, empty of energy and barely hanging to consciousness. She heard nothing and saw no one moving from the corner of her eyes. She tried to move but found it hard with her limbs feeling like noodles. She really had used everything in herself. At least she hoped Shrike was ok, she sould have warned him. She laid there, starting to feel the pain in her open wounds, as she could feel tiredness slowly gain her.
SinMaze
SinMaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:29 pm

-Sheer chaos would be as horribly underrated term for what was currently going on in the room with the pair of them, this was something straight out of a horror movie only this time you were not watching it, you were literally knee deep against a seemingly unending wave, Shrike swept his rifle from left to right as they poured in, what he wouldn't give to have a minigun and a backpack full of ammo. 

Shrike had no such luxury as that said item and with only one rifle firing it was not nearly enough to hold back the tide of the creatures, thankfully as always he did come prepared however there was a certain limit to what he could carry and holding out forever was not a option.

He rapidly kept switching targets shooting at the ones at the floor, switching to the walls then to the roof, trying to put down as many of the bastards as he possibly could, the bullets kept flying but they kept coming, and they were closing the distance. 

Shrikes rifle stopped for a moment only to be met with one of the worst feelings ever, the empty click of a trigger pull with no effect, the armored figure quickly ejected the mag onto the ground with a metal clank before pulling a new one to slam in. 

Suddenly the lynx lep into action smashing one of the creatures before it could strike at him, hell if it was not for her he probably be dead now, bought him the new seconds he needed to load the weapon and continue his barrage of bullets, She was handling herself extremely well, out of the corner of his eye Shrike could see the immense force struck against the creatures as they closed in on her, how long she could hold out was unsure but here was hoping they could either figure a way to fall back or destroy the wave.

As she covered his blind spots Shrike covered hers, the two almost back to back facing down the twisted nightmares of a long passed horrific experiment, the thought if these things got up side was bad in it self, the damage and lives lost would be major. 

As the two continued to fight Shrike switched to the large tube under his rifle, a single slide load grenade launcher he braces the weapon against he's shoulder and utters only one word.-

"GRENADE!"

-With a distinct metal thwomp sound the shell leaves the barrel entering the wall hall way and violently detonating obliterating a large portion of creatures, but he might as well tossed a fire cracker as it didn't seem to impede the on coming nightmare. Options and space was running out..

Suddenly the sound of a stab was heard Shrike quick turned back only to see a creature impaled by a thick glass fragment, Shrike seized the chance placing his foot on the creatures back and putting 2 bullets into its main body. She just saved his ass again, yet despite them wasting dozens of them they just didn't stop. 

If the situation was not bad enough it just got put on the next level Shrike witnessed one of the creatures descend from the roof above pinning the lynx the floor, Shrike swung around taking aim to shoot the beast off her before he himself was struck by one of the monsters knocking him back against the solid metal wall as its claws struck against his armor, sending him to the ground, the beast attempted to deliver a final kill blow until Shrikes rifle roared to life in his hands blasting the creature back.

He could see her...laying there but was powerless to help her, with out her aid Shrike was becoming rapidly over whelmed by the nightmarish things, pinned against the wall with no where to fall back to he opens up with every thing he has, a flash zipped through his mind...a sudden return to the cold and deadly corridors of the Ark gate facility and the similar event as to this unfolding there. Truth be told...he felt like this was he's end, yet he kept fighting, even tho the creatures strike at him had not penetrated his chest armor it had got him on the shoulder.

The red blood leaking down his green clothing and onto the floor as Shrike continued to fire desperately, time felt like it was slowing, each shot he could feel the recoil as the bullet left the weapon, but if it seemed all hope was lost...he was wrong. 

Suddenly her eyes began to glow, massive static force emanating off of her body, followed by a almost deafening scream, the figure had never seen any thing quite like it before, it was raw power coming from with in her, her fist came down with a megaton like force, resulting in a massive explosion that rocked the facility, wind and electricity swept the entire area, objects and monsters alike were hurled around like common house hold items.

Shrike was struck by the electrical spike coming from her, the energy enveloped him, twitched and shook as the massive energy shocked him, the most of his electronic systems were instantly fried from the EMP like blast, then suddenly the massive explosion of wind hurled him like a rag doll slamming he's back against the nearest metal wall with a tremendous thud collapsing onto the ground.

Some of the base had given in to the major force at play and the general vicinity was badly damage from the blast, walls roof and many items were destroyed in the cataclysmic detonation the lighting had almost completely been wiped out by now and it was a sure bet some one or things heard that boom.

Shrike lay on his back, small static pulses coming off of him, at first he did not move other then the rise and fall of his chest, moments later the wounded armored figure managed to brace himself onto one knee regaining himself, his helmet was fried , the heads up display nonfunctional along with any other technological item on him, he slowly lifted his head to find her laying on the ground and around her, destruction and the dead.

That single act of power had manage to deliver the killing blow to the horde...at least for now. Clutching his shoulder Shrike made his way over to her kneeling down, to him she looked roughed up her self from that power blast, Shrike was not in good shape but as he saw it she was in a worse one....

"Hold in there wasp....hold in there."

-Shrike gently holstered his rifle onto his back armor as he gently scooped up the Lynx, he barely had any energy left but he was still able to move, there was no telling if more would come...Shrike proceeded onward down the poorly light corridor holding her, He was taking her to a safer place. As much as they both wanted to leave..Shrike continued onward..he had to find that artifact...and destroy it...- 

-Finally Shrike found a secluded room, enough to hide away with a door that can shut, there he placed the nearly unconscious lynx down, the large cut marks visible on her hands, he was no medic but he used what he carried on her rather them himself, managing to at least cover up the open gashes on the hand with a crude form of plaster like item, it would have to do. Shrike propped her up against the side of a wall using one of his click on and off pouches to act like a cushion, then he sat with his back against the wall an waited, listening to the eery sounds of this hell infested place..ever so often to check on his bleeding shoulder.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMaze Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:55 pm

All her body wanted was to shut down, try to reboot every energy lost in the battle, but the mind was too much filled with adrenaline, knowing that they weren't safe. Mayhem had in and out conciousness while Shrike was carying her. She had to stay awake, he was surely injured, he needed back up, he needed her. The only thing she was able to do at the moment was trying to fight the sleep, a combat she easily lost. Her animal instinct kicked in, jolting her awake as she was lying against a wall. Her eyes went in every direction trying to spot the danger, but there were no mutants or other monstrosity in sight, only Shrike sitting next to her. As the lynx took a good look at him, she notice how beat up he was with all his gadgets looking fried up. Some of damages was surely her fault; she felt bad for him. At least, they were alive.

The treasure hunter tried sitting up, but found no avail. Her entire body ached, too tired to even move a muscle. Darn it ! She had disabled all of Shrike's equipment and now she would be a burden as well. Just great ! The red mobian sighed, clearing her throat.

"Looks like we're out of trouble for now", she groaned with a little smirk. "Sorry for catching you in the blast. It's not a really precise hability."

She shifted a bit on place, earning herself a bruning sensation from the wound on her shoulder. The rest of the body was not any better, feeling like she had just worked out for 72 hours straight. There was no way she could be of help now. She figure that if they weren't out at the moment was either because they were lost or that Shrike still had somethign to do down here. She sighed, letting her head knock back against the wall.

"I'm not gonna be able to move for a while", she stated not looking at her partner in shame. "This ability is a double edge sword", she frowned sighing. "You'd better leave me here and do your stuff. If you encounter these monsters again, I'll only be a burden, you won't be able to defend yourself."

The young lynx looks at the soldier with a faint smile, trying to be reassuring.
"Don't worry, I'll just play dead if they come for me. You do your stuff and at least if things go bad, one of us will be able to make it out."
SinMaze
SinMaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:20 pm

-The moments ticked by, and for a short while only the sounds of metal twisted, echoing and distant scuttling were come from some where deep in the complex, tho banged up Shrike was still able to at least put up a decent enough fight should the hostiles return, tho it seemed by the lynx's action they either were wiped out and were shit scared of her.

Several more moments went by until suddenly her eyes shot open like one awaking from the worst of nightmares, she seemed to stare all around finally spotting him sitting beside her, Shrike gestured a small wave to her, he's other hand was holding the wounded left shoulder.

"Hey hey! It's alright...managed to get you out there...Hell you gave those poor Sob's one hell of a blast...and...myself as well...don't worry about the gear...Lysander can fix this for me...just glad you alright, thought you kicked the bucket for a moment.

-Shrike checked her out, despite that ability bassically saving the both of them it rendered her combat ineffective. Shrike couldn't and wouldn't abandon her to this dark place, leaving her to die, but he could not abandon the main objective either, if that artifact was not neutralized there was no telling what it could do in those creatures hands..or others..

The Lynx explained due to the ability zapping her power and strength she would not be able to move for a while and stated he better go on with out her, thinking herself a burden..Shrike had been in this situation before..only he was in her spot and the other was to afraid and abandon him..thankfully he was able to escape the past event and now looking at her, he couldn't do the same. But any more time spent meant could be the difference between them making out or being over run, there was not going to be a second massive blast from her to save them, Shrike had to make one hard call, He pulled out he's pistol, and every single mag he had for that weapon, 6 clips total, each one holding 10 bullets a total of 60.

He placed it down next to her, moving he's head to look at her.-

"this will keep those bastards at bay, when you are able to move, take this gun and get out of the base..get as far as you can....I have to destroy the sphere..or it may create more of these..monsters..or worse..fall into the wrong hands....I would take you with me...but I can't risk your life any more....good bye Wasp."

-Shrike didn't even give her a moment to reason with him it was a difficult choice to make but at least she was able to defend herself now, if he was successful he would make it...but if he did or did not succeed, either way she would make it out.

Shrike left the confines of the room, he's boots echoing off into the distance as he sprinted ahead, taking one corridor after the next, it was not long till he came across a group of the creatures again...Shrike opened fire drawing their attention, as he switched directions to follow the next corridor, heading for he's objective, the distant sound of shrieks with gun fire echoed through the ruined base.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMaze Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:20 pm

Mayhem wanted to shout at him to wait and come back, but he left without hearing her protests. She sat there, listening to the echos of his steps getting further away until silence fell. The lynx hoped she could have stopped him before he left...

She didn't know how to use a gun.

Well sure she understood the basic of target something and pull the trigger to shoot, but operating a random gun was like trying to solve a rubik cube. She looked at the pistol, slowly lifting her shaking hand to take a hold of it. Her body was so empty of energy that lifting the pistol was like lifting 15 lbs in one hand. It seemed that some of her strenght was back, but barely enough to get far. She sighed, thinking how stupid it had been to use her power. Maybe with a more tactical thinking she could have just grabbed Shrike and got out of the room. She was no tactician and her powers were still raw. She couldn't control the quantity of power she could unleashe. It was all or nothing, which leaded her to this moment of uselessness. 

Suddently, Mayhem's ears twitched. Gunshots and shrieks ! Shrike had found other monsters...and this time he was alone. What would he do if he got overwelm once again ? Most of his equipment was broken thanks to the lynx and he had no one to watch his back.

Mayhem couldn't leave him to his grim fate. She had to at least try and help him. Mastering her fresh energy, she lifted her knees pushing her back against the wall using it to try and lift herself from her sitting position. It was so hard, her legs threatening to give up at every step. She was shaking so much, but ended up on her two feet, still leaning on the wall. The lynx was already out of breath, but she swore to never give up, especially with someone in need. She gritted her teeth, pushing herself off the wall and taking cautious steps to reach the door in front of her. Her leg muscles were still fragile and gave up after merely two steps, making her crash on the side on an operation table. A growl resonated inside her, baring her teeth at the challenge that was simply walking.

"Work you damn legs", she muttered under her laboured breath.

The mobian was able to drag herself on the table to take more steps and pushed herself to catch onto the door's frame. She had a small smile of victory. Her hard head was winning against her noodle body. Exiting the room and heavily leaning against the wall to keep walking, she followed the sounds resonating in the corridors.
SinMaze
SinMaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:56 pm

-Corridor after corridor the armored figure bolted down, the sound of nightmares looming in the darkness trailing he's every move, the sheer adrenaline pumping through he's body kept him moving forward, ever so often to let out a couple of rifle bursts upon the creatures hell bent on he's death, at least he had drawn their attention. 

It was a viable tactic...as long as he's ammo held out which seemed to be dwindling by the minute, ignoring any and all pain, he's mind set on the objective at hand, hoping that the destruction of the artifact would stop the creatures for good and if not...well..at least it would never be able to be used for evil any more.

Suddenly he's so called tactic of shoot and scoot took a turn for the worst as some of the creatures lobbed projectiles of a unknown origin chemical, as if it was green spit, several shots wizzed by him, perhaps they were getting desperate and resorting to merely spitting at him.- 

"Hah! Nice try what you gonna do nice..try insulting me !?"

-The short mockery soon was shot down as a spit struck he's left chest plate, that is when he figured out the true nature of the content, it was a acid like substance.-

"Whoa scratch that! It's eating through my armor!"

-Shrike quickly un hooked the last grenade slung on he's waste, pulled the pin and hurled into into the monstrous mass, exploding violently, the explosion echoing down the hall ways, Shrike continued he's goal ever so near to the containment room for the artifact..and really hoping that in the end the Lynx had come to a sense and left the complex by now.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMaze Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:11 pm

Haven't been so stubborn, Mayhem would have exit the facility. However, she couldn't live with the though of Shrike maybe dying in this underground lab. Guilty as charged, the lynx had some sort of heroic syndrome, which made her want to intervene into other people's business to help them out. True she had come of her own accord in this underground lab, but Shrike being some kind of agent he could have simply cuffed her and escorted her out of there to be taken by the federals. She kinda owned him for not arresting her for trespassing.

She had been able to walk a short distance from her starting point, arriving at an intersection. Suddently, she heard what sounded like a muffle explosion coming from deeper in the facility. It was soon followed by a violent tremor that debalanced Mayhem, making her fall on her front on the ground. She could hear metal plates falling on the ground and saw some earth dust slipping through cracks. This place was strating to have enough of all these explosion. More roughing and the entire premise would colapse, creating a tomb for the creatures and the two intruders.

At least, the explosion had given the treasure hunter a clue on the whereabouts of her patner. She just had to follow the source of the sound and follow the rising pile of debris. The lynx pushed herself from the ground with a lot of efforts, her arms shaking greatly. It seemed her stubborness was stronger than her body as, with the help of the wall, she was able to to get back on her feet and accelarate her pace. The mobian was sweating like hell and it seemed as a single guff of wind could push her back down, but she would not give up until she had tried helping Shrike.

The lynx was at some point able to pick up a bit the pace but still relied on the wall to help her walk. After a tedious trek throughout the metal maze, she found out more and more damages. It wasn't long after that she encounter the first body of a creature then, turning a corner, the destroyed structure and incinerated bodies on the ground. Shrike had definately passed through here ! She pressed on, noticing a glow at the end of a corridor. So much light coming from a room, that was definately where the generator was...or the thing Shrike was talking about earlier. The treasure hunter was able to drag herself to the end of the corridor, but hadn't have time to check inside that she heard a shriek. Turning around, she spotted a very angry creature that had seemed to survive the blast crawling very fast toward the lynx.

Mayhem didn't have the strenght to fight it, but remembered that Shrike had given her a gun. She took it out, leaning against the doorframe to aim and pulled the trigger...but nothing happened. She didn't understand how to make it work. The lynx fiddled with the gun nervously trying to make it shoot as the monster got closer and closer. In the end she was so desperate that she ended up hit the gun with her fist. Suddently, due to not so delicate manipulation, the pistol went of, the knockback pushing Mayhem on the ground and the bullet hitting with luck in the mutant's head.

The mobian laid on her back, eyes round with surprise. That was a close. She rose her eyes to look what was behind her as she saw a shadow in all that light. It was Shrike, looking at her a bit confused.

"Hey Shrike", she greeted with a shy smile, knowing she would get reprimand.
SinMaze
SinMaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum