Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Situation lock down

+3
TheBardPrincess
MikeMurdock
Shrike Marine
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Situation lock down Empty Situation lock down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:33 pm

-Late afternoon, time 5pm. It was suppose to be like any other day, slowly entering into the area of a semi abandon industrial district with a unclear name or familiarity, what was he doing here ? Fairly simple the figure had been instructed to follow up a report on a strange unknown origin energy signal emanating deep with in the district, by this time of day most of those who still worked in the area had left for home with only a handful of beings still working over time in the complexes.

The figure was non other then Shrike, yet again out in the field for more investigation work issued by his long time ally Marcus Lysander, this time round tho the order was simple, have a look around, figure out where the energy source is coming from and then return home with the information in tow. It was suppose to be straight forward and simple and after some recent events the young guy could of really be using some easy time round about now.

Light was fading as evening began to descend into night time with the sun setting on the horizon the fading light made the area feel uneasy on just appearance alone, poorly lit alley ways and multiple metal and face brick buildings along side tall office blocks.

The district was fairly large and slowly on the verge of being completely abandon altogether, why such a large area was becoming like this was unknown, from what Lysander could gather, multiple reports were coming in from workers feeling unease and general ill feeling when spending far to much time in the are, there were some contamination in the area which were speculated to be the cause of personal withdraw.

The complex was made up of factories, stockyards, office blocks and at the edge a port side complete with small harbor, Shrike entered a unlocked door for a factory entry, the lone figure entered, while the place had lighting it seemed old and not well maintained so the need for his own personal one was needed, he continued to move to the source of the spike but was still a fare distance from it he quickly checks in with Lysander.-

"Lysander this is Shrike I manage to find a unlocked door into one of the factory complexes, slowly getting to the source but the signal seems sporadic, seems to shift from one spot to another.....hold on...I am hearing something down the corridor."

-30 seconds pass with no word from him until radio chatter erupts from his communicator with a mix of gun fire.-

"LYSANDER THIS IS SHRIKE I AM UNDER ATTACK"
-Bursts of gun fire-
"REPLICANT FORCES ARE HERE! I AM PULLING OUT"
-Sound of bullet impact into his chest- 
"THEY ARE EVERY WHERE... GAAAAAAHHHHH IM HIT IM-"
-Radio cuts out to static-

"SHRIKE!......SHRIKE RESPOND........COME IN!"

-10 mins pass with out any radio transmission from Shrike, Lysander feared the worst and believed he was no doubt killed by the Replicants who engaged him until suddenly a signal began to transmit over and over again, Lysanders Spirits raised slightly as he knew it was Shrikes helmet emergency beacon going off meaning he was still alive, but the chances were after being injured he was no doubt captured

evident of this showed Shrikes signal slowly moving further and deeper into the complex, Lysander couldn't waste time, if there was any chance he could be alive still he needed to act, and so thinking quickly Lysander transmitted a message over the frequency which in term broadcasted the message to any one who held a communication device that Shrike had given to them, as they too would hear the emergency signal.-

"To any one listening upon this broadcast frequency, my name is Dr Marcus Lysander, I don't have time to fully explain every thing but Shrike is in serious danger and requires immediate assistance, I am sending a GPS co-ordinate to the device you have currently please follow it to the marked location and hurry...I fear time is something we do not have...and neither does he....Please meet me there ASAP, his life and others depend on you."

-Upon cutting the call Lysander set off alone along with some tech on his back, he proceeded towards the emergency signal location, he reached the far outskirt of the abandon district tho did not enter the area unknowing of what was down, he could only hope and pray some one or ones heard the distress message, tho the scientist had a sinking feeling that he may be alone..and that he may never see his friend again, little did he really know the magnitude of what was really going on inside that area. 

Upon arriving at the GPS meet up point the scientist began to set up small computer devices along with what seemed like a tiny radar dish, 3 laptops were opened as he set to work on them gathering what intel he could.-

"Come on....some one.......any one...please." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Situation lock down Empty Re: Situation lock down

Post by MikeMurdock Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:46 am

In the outskirts outside of a small diner, a 5'9 Koala sits on top of an old and heavily modified police vehicle listening to the radio of an old police cruiser that seen better days and eating a burger from the diner. In the back of the vehicle is a customized battle rifle use to take the fight to the doctor and their empire or just folks that cause problems.

As she finishes the burger she would not get music from the radio, but a weird signal.

"Bloody Hell The radio on the fritz again" The koala in a thick Aussie accent would kick the radio which the signal gets a bit stronger talking about some guy named Marcus needing someone to help someone or something going by the name of Shrike. With that, her phone will show off a GPS signal that popped in without question. Putting two and two together she sees that the radio and the GPS signal is linked.

She ponders for a bit. 'Is this legit' pondering to herself 'Otherwise it could be that fat turd trying to get some folks gathered just to take them out or worst.' After spending a good five minutes thinking about it she starts the old police cruiser and sets her MP3 player to some fighting music. 

'Either if it's the real deal or a trap I'm itching for a fight anyway' And with that last thought, she will hit the road looking for the source of the signal.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

http://www.spritewars.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:10 pm

All was calm at first, everything quiet in Aidan's small apartment, the young phoenix laying back in his bed just staring up at the ceiling. The room was dimly lit, he had just woken up from the odd buzzing in his ear hole, where the ear piece Shrike gave him was. He knew his sister Julian, and one of his cousins Bonnie, also had one. Hearing this message, he could only imagine what Julian was thinking, though he was a bit on edge. Didn't want the man dead now that they were on good terms! 
"What the hell...?", Pyro sighed softly as he got out of bed, continuing to listen to the message. He put on his leather vest over his plain, white muscle shirt, and was about to leave his room when the door was caught by Jack. The black wolf had a concerned look of his own, Bonnie behind him in tears. 
"Where the hell do you think you are going?"
"I'm going to assume you already hears the news... I've gotta help a f-"
Jack smirked, before interrupting him, "No. It's better I go. You stay here and comfort Bonnie, we don't need you getting caught and killed-"
Bonnie teared up a little more, though remained silent. That didn't sound much better for Jack to go, which Pyro agreed. 
"Because it'd be so much better for you to get killed, right? I'm going-", Pyro cawed as he pushed the door open against Jack, causing a cracking noise to sound off from the door. 
"Bon-Bon, everything will be alright, just go to your room," Jack told Bonnie as nicely as he could, of which Bonnie nodded and obliged to, leaving the room - once she was gone, Jack stared back at Pyro, his eyes slowly blackening, "now Aidan, this isn't a mission you can just go in blazing! Unlike you I know a fair amount about stealth and how to not get noticed, and that's the kind of job this sounds like. I'm doing this for Bonnie, she cares about him, I have a better chance at doing this than you!" Jack was growling, and Pyro narrowed his eyes. "Alright, fine, then let me come with you! I care about him too!"
"No, there's bound to be others if you and Bonnie got called, and even without their help you'd just hold me back. Fire and bright red don't work well when trying not to be seen.
With one final forceful push, Jack closed the door and locked it. "I'll bring you back some chicken.", Jack said teasingly as the pieces of his suit flew at him from his room down the hall, which he caught and instantly put on as he walked to the door. 
All while Pyro slammed on the door, banging on it in frustration, "D- dude, not cool, this isn't fucking cool dude- Jack, come on get back here and let me out! Jack?! Jack!?"

After a while, Jack, wearing his full-body black metal Nano-Wolf suit moved quickly to the location Bonnie told him about, where the distress signal was being sent from. It wasn't too long before he eventually found the location, where he'd meet up with everyone else...
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:58 am

The last 12 months were insane and packed with more action than the grey fox had wanted. He knew that as a member of GUN he would get called out on missions frequently, but at least half of his adventures hadn't been with GUN. And the signature pot-holed asphalt and and cracked pavement indicated that he was nearing home.

He had just returned from a rather run-down watering hole that sat comfortably amongst the surrounding dilapidated housing and litter-strewn streets. The last few months had been rough, and he'd hoped to forget at least some of the events that took place, but the drink was likely too soft to actually do anything for him.

A dim orange street lamp shone dully on the road as he walked past, he'd walked past that exact light post many times. A cold breeze blew past him and the smell of cheap cigarettes wafted in from further up the road, where no doubt someone was having a smoke down an alleyway.

The grey fox reached the door to the complex his apartment was in, the thin Iron bars of the door beginning to rust in the corners. The Concrete steps up to his apartment weren't too long, but covered in stains and thousand-year old chewing gum, which had all become hard and black with filth. 

His own door was in decent shape, the outside was a little worn, but the hinges still swung and the inside wasn't too bad. The apartment itself was in shambles, just how he'd left it.

However, he could hear voices from somewhere in the living room, like a radio. and then the fox saw a small light, which wasn't usually on. It was the Communicator that Shrike gave him. He jumped over to it, trying to hear what was being transmitted. 

"I fear time is something we do not have... and neither does he... please meet me here ASAP, his life and others depend on you."

That was all he managed to hear, thankfully though, this location that the voice had mentioned was flashing on the screen, which is where the light was coming from. Something was off about the voice though, it wasn't Shrike. It was someone else, it seemed familiar, or at least like he'd heard a voice similar to it before.

A long and heavy sigh escaped the foxes lips. He'd only just returned from the bar and once again he was called out for another job. He wasn't sure who was in danger, but if it was coming through on the Shrike-com, then it was important enough.

Walking to his bedroom to retrieve his GUN uniform, the fox quickly changed into it, putting on the armoured chest plate and and steel boots. While GUN hadn't given him any weapons for emergencies such as this, that didn't mean he was completely defenceless. He had come to learn that in order to survive he needed to be able to defend himself and weaponry was key in doing so.

Retrieving several small devices and and objects and placing them in the pouches and pockets present on his uniform, he began heading out to the Location indicated on the Device, taking it with him.

Last edited by Wolf478 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Color Coding)
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:34 am

- The evening dying light soon began to shift into the dark of night, the moon was bright as it could be, clouds began to shift from left to right cross the star filled sky, a beautiful night for a nightmarish situation unfolding.

Lysander may not be the guy you were expecting to see, especially of how Shrike had described this guy to others he had met, regardless when those who responded to the call they would see a figure observing the abandon district.

Lysander was infact not human, as once thought probably proceeded by the others, He was Mobian, A mix of a Jackle and wolf. His fur was a distinct grey and red, the color pattern matched almost perfectly with his attire that of which was his old HRC lab dress.

He had been working upon the 3 devices he brought with him, the purpose of these were simple, if he was going to help in any fashion this is how it was going to be, Lysander had manage to hack into the areas barely functional network along with any security cameras that my still be operational. 

From these three machines he could see the full extent of what was going on, what he saw only confirmed his fears, The Replicant  were indeed present on sight, their strength unknown but from the camera feeds they seem to be present in fairly large number including some new unknown types in the are.

Other Cameras showed executed civilians, point blank style as the troops moved on, all major routes in and out seemed to be under guard, inside the complexes and office buildings they were every where and seemed to be looking for something in and among the area.

The final camera showed way off in the distance a Helicopter belonging to them hovering near by, why it was still here was any one's guess but this was no small scale operation, they had come here for  reason, Lysander knew much about this force, for he was one of them had worked on several occasions with the project force many years ago on them.

Yet he still could not figure out their motive, Lysander had little time to figure that out, for now Shrikes beacon had stopped moving, his final location was deep in the center of the district, tho it was still transmitting which still indicated he was alive, if the signal was lost it was certain of his fate.

The Hybrid's ears perked as he heard a vehicle approaching, when coming into visual range it didn't appear to be Replicant but some one else entirely, I guess this was a response to the call ? He was not entirely sure as he never knew the extent of who Shrike had met in his travels.

The Hybrid stood calmly with his hands behind his back, although fighting to keep his calm, knowing of the situation currently unfolding, he was hoping more then just one was respond to this call.

Not long afterward 2 more figures began to arrive, only one stood out, a grey fox, the only reason he knew of him was Shrikes discussion of him several times after a notable encounter some time ago. 

A small sigh escaped his mouth, was this all he would help him, but he understood that at least some one was willing to risk it for his sake. They probably were not expecting to see Lysander in this fashion but it had to happen some time huh.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:27 am

The koala continues to drive to the source of the signal as she switches on a few things in the cruiser. One of which is two machine guns attached to the top of the car along with the original police sirens, One mounted on a turret controlled in the car by a joystick. Every modification to this police cruiser was done by herself and a friend turning the high-speed pursuit vehicle into a fast attack car.

As she drives into what seems to be an abandoned industrial district she would see a figure along with a few others coming to the call is these friends of the mysterious stranger? Some folks that managed to get the same signal she got? Or her suspicions were right and it was a trap. Either way, she takes the situation with a sign of readiness by opening the glove compartment and taking outa sawed-off shotgun. As she stops the car she would holster the shotgun on her back waiting to see what happens, but making her trigger finger ready to put someone down if this goes south. Unlocking the door she climbs out of the car not saying a word, but listening to her surroundings taking the old saying ' Talk softly and carry a big stick' approach to this.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Jack was coming up to the area, noticing the two others a little distance away, and a car close by. The car was giving Jack bad vibes, but he didn't worry about it for now. 
The armored wolf stopped within a few feet of the mixbreed and the grey fox. After a bit, he turned to the red and grey canine, "You must be the one who called? My sister and my cousins all received an ear-piece from the man named Shrike - my sister especially is very upset at the news, and I can only imagine how the others are feeling. I'll do everything I can to help out.
Shortly after, he turned to look at the person coming out of the car... with a shotgun. 
Jack assumed it'd be stealth, and he was still certain he couldn't just bumrush and survive given this was a rescue mission. He said nothing as electricity crackled off his graphene claws, shaking his head in disbelief. How dumb could this person be?
If they proved a threat, he wouldn't hesitate in attacking.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:49 pm

Whoever had messaged him on the device was certainly not Shrike, but they seemed familiar, the fox couldn't figure out where he'd heard their voice before, and then again maybe he hadn't. Regardless, he felt assured that he could trust them.

The Surrounding area reminded him of his suburb. Run-down and some parts of it beginning to crumble. The Industrial zone here didn't seem to be in too bad a shape, but
at the same time, it was clear everything would be completely empty within the next decade. Unlike his suburb however, at least some buildings were in a good shape, with the concrete exteriors untouched by the Graffiti that most of the brick walls had been tarnished with.

The whole area was quiet, not even a car driving by or dog barking could be heard, the only noise was the occasional florescent light begging to be replaced with their low buzz. And that also was the only light, florescent tubes lined occasional alleys and sideways in-between the quiet buildings.

After weaving between a few of the abandoned buildings, his shadow occasionally dancing across his vision as he passed a flickering light, he turned a corner and beheld a makeshift Security station.

There were several Monitors of some kind, illuminating a figure who stood at the station. This was the location, and this was who had sent the message. Whoever they were, they had some pretty good technology at their fingertips, even from across building lot he could see the quality of their gear.

He picked up the pace a little and jogged towards the figure standing in the dim light. As he did however, he noticed something that he hadn't before. A Car, not just any car. A Police car. 

At first he grey fox had thought it to be an abandoned car, until he saw the pristine Machine Gun Mounts atop it's cabin, something better placed atop a GUN van than a Patrol Car. Despite that, He was glad to have put on his GUN inform before coming out. 

Then the car door opened and someone stepped out. They had a Gun. Something he himself didn't. A Big gun no less, A shotgun. While the fox indeed had no Firearm, there were other means of defence which he was well equipped with, and means of offence if need be.

Also approaching the focus of attention, was another character, who managed to reach them before either himself or the Cop. They began talking to the figure, and as the fox approached, his vision began focusing and the features of this mysterious individual came into view.

They were a Mobian, appearing to be a hybrid, part Wolf, and the other half was indiscernible to him. Spots of Grey and Red marked their fur, and they were sporting the fox's preferred attire, a Lab Coat. And while He hadn't ever met this person, he felt oddly comfortable around them.

"I received a call on my Shrike-Com, telling me to come to this location. I assume that was you? What's the deal?"

The fox had begun to wonder why the Wolf-Hybrid had called on the communicators, as the transmitter was meant to be in the hands of the Freelancer in Question, but instead it was here.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:21 pm

-Lysander stood calmly before the trio, many shapes, sizes, gear and origins he could see, a real mix bag of personal, slightly disappointed that this is all who responded to the call, but some were certainly better then non at this point tho he was fairly impressed by the wolf's mech suit, as a man who worked with weapons at H.R.C this suit definitely looking cutting edge he nodded his head with a smile of a approval of the design, they most certainly would need its capabilities, the fox was Darken, hey knew his face straight away by the stories Shrike told of him, the new comer was some one he suspected was not one of Shrikes alleys some one who just heard the call, she was tall and seemed to be well armed, good cause any and all weapons were surely going to be needed for this op. 

The Hybrid brought his hands forward form behind his back, its time he started to explain every thing that had currently happened.- 

"Greetings every one, I believe you all some how got the message other wise you wouldn't of been here...for those who may not be aware my name is Dr Marcus Lysander former chief scientist of the H.R.C Corporation and Shrikes closest ally to date, I'v called you here because of a grave situation currently unfolding, I will keep the details short and explain more as you go along.

-Lysander quickly turned one of the screens around to show them a loop playing of security camera footage taken before most of the main systems went off line.-

"This wako's name is Vanik Kotare we contain him and we contain this situation..property of the old defunct H.R.C corporation, they were once working on a military contract to develop a army of clones that responded to a telepathic commander, top secret of course...Vanik is one of the commanders, guy went awal shortly after it was shut down and took control of the soldiers, ever since then the bastard has been waging covert ops and seems to be looking for something I have yet to figure out, the motives are unclear by no doubt dangerous.

From the footage is is clear several hostages have been taken, no demands issued or any thing, the entire area is cut off, a sizeable force of Replicant soldiers are in the area, they are highly trained or should I say programmed and heavily armed and in no way your ordinary bad guys. 

Size and strength of the force is undetermined, my closest friend is down there and I believe he is being held hostage by them, why ? I don't know but what I do know is they they deem them no longer viable they all will be killed and once more they will with draw from the area and move on....we have to do something, this is the largest concentration of this force to date there has to be a reason they are here.

I will be unable to enter the are with you three but I will be here providing important intel to you, I'v manage to hack the sites network and gained access to what ever is left of the security camera footage, I'll be there to help you out with intel and provide useful information of what you are up against. 

I have provided communicators for you in the third briefcase as well as a small jammer you can use to jam enemy coms should you be spotted...time is against us all here...A good few lives depend on you...I suggest you enter from the north, it is the least defended, once inside there should be plent of buildings and alley ways to sneak through..do your best to remain undetected..a straight up fight will most likely get you killed.....Good luck to you all."

-There was nothing more the Hybrid can do, it was now up to them to solve this situation, he was going to help when and where he can but all he could was provide intel at this point, the trio would have to go in to uncharted territory and dissolve the situation, yet they still really didn't know what they were walking into.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:32 am

The koala will see that the GPS did not lead to a trap well, for now, however, it seems that the scientist is telling the truth especially with some crazy soldiers running around the complex. As he spoke she will open the back seat and pick out her favorite weapon a heavily modified battle rifle with a Scope she looted from an Eggman Empire sniper that is built with a targeting assist computer in the device.

“So you want us to sneak in and find this 'Shrike' buddy of yours. Well then” She would turn her attention to the other folks that came in “ Just hopefully you two can keep up especially with the suit of yours fantastic Mr. Fox.”

She would then put the rifle down to hide the car. Moments later she is done she would return to pick up her rifle “I would suggest you hide.” Nyinda would give a crudely made map to the hybrid” I would suggest you stay near the car. If we have to ditch this place I rather have you close enough, so we can leave.” As she spoke one of her backpacks would have a Chao with dog ears and a tail looking like if it merged with a blue heeler “Just make sure you don't try to bail on us or do any funny business on my car or you will have to deal with Kilroy here.”

The small chao will grin at the hybrid showing some canine-like teeth on the small critter.

“Now then.” she would crack her knuckles “ Let's say we proceed with the festivities and find this Shrike person.”
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:50 pm

Jack listened in intently, thinking and working things out in his head. He had never heard of the HRC before - probably because it wasn't a publicly known faction? Regardless, all this information got him thinking - he did have to hold himself back from snarking about how bad an idea a telepathic commander is, though clearly a group like this probably knew more collectively then even he himself thought he did. He had to remind himself he wasn't much better on a moral front either - he did just lock his cousin in a room... 

Dr. Marcus Lysander introduced himself before showing them all the video and explaining the situation and importance in its entirety. The end of the footage was... strange. Was that psychic phenomena caused by Commander Varen? Why would he do that to his own soldiers... 

Jack once again had to hold him back from snapping at Nyinda for her frustrating attitude that reminded him too much of Pyro. She didn't seem to understand what exactly they were getting into - to be honest, he knew not even he did completely... But she was arrogant, even more so than Jack, acting like she was suddenly in charge of the mission and giving orders!
Jack growled lowly, unable to fully distract himself from her voice as he looked into the case, "Alright, Dr. Lysander. My name is Jack Winchester - a few call me Ace, though. I don't mind what you call me, honestly. So, our job is to - one, save all hostages and two, learn what these soldiers are doing out here? I have a few questions - at the end of the footage, men were being flung around like puppets on strings... as amusing as it was to watch, that does look rather concerning. Do you know what that was? Should we be concerned about that?
The wolf in the black and grey suit soon retracted his graphene claws so he could carefully grab and inspect the communicator and jammer, "And how does this jammer work? I'd rather not I or anyone else in this team use it, then suddenly my suit shuts down. First line of defense, armor from gunfire, surprisingly good for a stealth job like this, I do need it."
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:37 am

The Hybrid introduced himself, Lysander... Where had the fox heard that name before?

Then he remembered, the Audio Logs, the Shamar incident, both were Lysander, but the logs weren't Marcus speaking, and Shamar wasn't Marcus either. Rex, could Rex be his son? Did the Audio logs have anything to do with the current situation? With the telepathic commander, it certainly sounded like it.

As he watched the footage, a chill made its way down the foxes spine, this was a war-zone, unlike any that he was familiar with. He'd spent most of his time on the wide open battlefield, keeping his distance from the enemy. But this time, they'd be right up against one another, this was a stealth mission. And the risk and danger of the situation was much higher than before. 

The realisation struck him mid-way through the video feed and he missed the last part, which seemed to have roused a lot of attention from the armoured Wolf.

Vanik Kotare was the name of the target, the telepathic commander, leader of the Replicants. Yes, it was all coming back to the fox, the Replicants, H.R.C, Lysander, it was all beginning to make a little more sense than before, but there was still the anomaly which the Wolf mentioned that he didn't fully comprehend.

Lysander mentioned that he'd have access to the Camera Footage around the area, and he'd be able to help. But from what he'd heard about the Replicants, a small force could quickly escalate to a full size army in a matter of minutes. 

Marcus then mentioned their friend, their closest friend, being captured by the Replicants, was this Shrike? That could explain why the Hybrid had called using the communicators. The fox tried to ignore the thought, but then the Koala Officer mentioned the soldiers name. 

This situation just became a whole lot more serious. Not only were there Replicants marauding about the district, killing civilians, but they also had Shrike. The fox could feel his heart bpm rise ever so slightly. 

His hand dropped to his trouser pocket, making sure that the device there was safe. Darken then looked over to the Koala.

"You bet your ass I can keep up, Suit's got nothing to do with it." 

The fox also retrieved an additional communicator from the briefcase, along with one of the jammers, as much technology as he could get, the higher his chances of survival against the Replicant forces.

"Name's Darken by the way."

He wouldn't take any backchat from those who were meant to be on his team, their team. Rescuing Shrike wouldn't be possible with an uncooperative team, and the Replicants would definitely take advantage of any slip-ups.

"Let's get our asses inside this place and start looking for Shrike."

The Rubber padding on the bottom of his steel boots stopped them from clanking against the concrete of the pathway, but his feet fell heavy on the pavement, thudding as they did.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Smol Marshmallow Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:04 am

((If none of you don't mind, I'll be joining in ;;v;; I got sorta carried away uwu;;; ))

It was just another late afternoon like any other, Ivory was in her office working on paper work, most of which were permits of some sorts, trading agreements with residing clans & some notices about execution upon sight orders on rouge lycans. She leaned back in her leather black chair, massaging  the sides of her head & sighed in an annoyed manner. As she had spent the entire evening reading over contracts, proposing ideas as to improve the current town, & consulting with the clan elders about said propositions. "Just a couple more papers,.." She reminded herself in an effort to reassure herself as to not make her go insane from the piles among piles of paperwork that was spread around her large mahogany desk & some surrounding her around the floor. All of which was a headache of it's own & all of which also needed her immediate attention as it needed to be done & dealt with by the end of the week. 
Leaning further back into the almost worn out cushioning of her chair, she looked outside of her grand window. Outside of her window, was the vision of which her family fought so hard to create & protect,the clouds with dark blues, purples & streaks of pink. It wasn't too terribly cold for the current season but it was certainly a little chilly in the region. The leaves dancing along side each other with the wind, disturbing the abundance of tree branches within it's path. Distracted from the gentle sounds of the winds she heard a knock at her door, she jolted up from fright which caused her to lean too far back & fall onto the ground. She groaned from the fall as it caused her headache to grow stronger. 
She used her desk as a crutch to help herself up, "You may enter," She muttered out reluctantly. It was one of the house maids, Eve, "Mi'Lady, I apologize for disturbing your work but it's time for your evening tea & supper. Would you like for it to be brought up now or at a later time?" Ivory looked at her clock at her desk given to her by her older brother, surprised at how late it had become, "Yes, Please bring it up as soon as possible & if it's not too much to ask may I have rose tea?" The house maid, Eve, bowed to her, "Yes, Of course ma'am. I'll start brewing it immediately & bring it up following your supper." Ivory nodded, "Please apologize to Lazarus & the others for not coming down. I've been stuck with important papers so I wasn't able to attend." "Of course, Mi'lady. We understand. If you don't mind I will get started." "Thank you, Eve. You are dismissed."  
Before making her exit, "Oh, and try not to fall again, Miss." She teased. Ivory blushed from embarrassment & looked away with a pout. Once the door closed Ivory re positioned her chair & sunk into her seat. She glanced at her remaining paperwork & sighed. She turned her chair around, facing the window, Her office was on the very top floor of a grand  thousand year old oak tree that her ancestors found & carved into & created what was now her home, it was the birthplace of her clan & what was used to house thousands of soldiers during the wars. 
Updated over the years & hollowed out until it reached the top giving her a grand view of the society her family has created over generations of hard work, leadership, & the brotherhood.  Outside of her window, she saw glimmers of light could be seen throughout the area, it shined through the windows of multiple homes, laughter could be heard alongside with it were mothers yelling for their children to put their weapons aside as it was time for their supper & not the disturb or distract the patrol officers. She gave a slight chuckle from it as it brought back memories from when she was a pup of how it was nearly impossible to get her to settle down when roughhousing with her older brothers despite cries of laughter & sternness from both her mother & father. She felt a hint of despair from the memories, she looked up at the sky then re positioned the chair to a small area in the corner of her office. 
On one of the tables was a device given to her by a friend of hers once they went their split ways, of course upon seeing it, it only saddened her more. More deeply than what she had thought it would. She got up from her chair, grabbing it & opening her window going out into her balcony. Letting the cool breeze blow through her long hair, She stared down at the device trying to make sense as to why this worried her in the very least, she closed her eyes for a moment to try & rationalize her feelings of despair, worry, & anxiety. Perhaps it had something to with the fact that she hadn't heard from him in quite some time. . Her mind wandering as to his whereabouts & his status of health & safety. It was moments like those that she wished that her telepathy reached the minds of other species, it would at least take her mind off of it. She heard another knock at the door, It was Eve excusing herself in, bringing in her cart of goods & her hot tea. Ivory placed the device down onto the fence, approaching Eve. "Thank you, Eve. For looking out for me as well as taking care of me when i neglect to." Eve smiled at her, "It's not a problem, mi'lady. Us, maids& servants, very much so care for you & are forever in your gratitude. Now stop wallowing around the office, drink your tea. It'll make you feel better." She gently lifted the hot teacup & dish off of the her cart of goods, handing it to Ivory. Just as she was going to receive it, Her ears jolted up immediately. She felt a sudden feeling of uneasiness, quickly shifting her body towards the opened window she dropped the cup of hot tea onto the ground, shattering the cup into pieces, to her complete shock there was nothing in sight, nor any sort of disturbance. She stood up, gritting her teeth. She knew she felt something, something was off but what was it? After a few moments of silence she turned to a startled Eve. "I deeply apologize for my sudden actions, I didn't mean to alarm you. Are you alright?" Eve responded that she was alright but continued to ask her the same question. "Yes,.. I'm fine. It was just.. I don't know. But never mind that, Let me help you clean this mess up. Again I'm so sorry--" 
She then heard a voice, She quickly unfastened her sword & swung it out i the direction of which the voice came from. Once again, there was nothing there. But she knew for sure she heard a voice. She ordered Eve to stand back, as the voice continued she followed it out into the balcony & onto the device. She was confused, confusion was something she did not do well with, She held her sword over the head about the slam down on it before she heard a familiar name. "Shrike?" It was him, the one that gave her the do hickey in the first place. She listened in, realizing that he was in immediate danger & in need of help. Was that the reason that she felt anxiety out of no where? It was an odd coincidence. Never mind that, she thought. She turned back to Eve, 
"Eve, tell the other house maids to prepare me a small bag of supplies & please prepare my outside attire. I'm going out, There is someone I know that's in need of assistance." She walked out of her office & into her living quarters followed by Eve.
"Of course, when do you need it done by?"
"Now, I need it now."
Eve was shocked by the sudden order as she was preparing her clothes, "What about your supper?" She handed her her neatly folded clothes
"I'll eat as I go," Ivory took her clothes &changed quickly walking back into her office where other house maids waited with her supply back, her sword sharpened & polished.
"What about all this work, mi'lady?"
"Have one of the Beta's fill in for me in all meetings both royal & lycan, Preferably Dante. I appoint Lazarus to sign any paperwork as a fill-in." She took hold of her stuff & headed towards the balcony, grabbing her device & climbing onto the pillared fence.
"Are you sure about Lazarus, Mi'lady?" 
She thought about her decision for a moment before saying  "It wouldn't hurt for you or the advisers to look over his approvals before sending them out the elders for finalization."
"Of course, mi'lady. If it's not too much to ask, How long will you be absent for?"
Ivory looked into the horizon, "I don't know.. But I'll be back as soon as I can." As she was about the jump down she was stopped by eve, "Please be safe, Mi'lady. Call for any of us, should you need any assistance. We may be house maids, but we are also your guardians."
Ivory nodded, "Of course, Thank you for everything. Please take care of everything." She gave her a soft smile before jumping down onto the branches before reaching the ground. She looked up & waved at her servants & began to run. Not really understanding how to follow the device, she followed as instructed. I'll be damned if he dies without giving me pets. He will die when I allow him to! She thought to herself. 
She ran what seemed to be forever, following & understanding said device wasn't within her realm of  knowledge but tried her best before stumbling around an area that seemed that hadn't seen or felt the touch of life in ages. She stopped running to catch her breath as she had not taken a break ever since the transmission, she inspected the surrounding area hoping she was heading into the right direction & not gotten herself lost. After wandering around for a little, she heard faint voices. She followed the voices, hiding but could be spotted if someone tried to find her. She turned to listen into what they were saying. She had never seen such an odd group of characters before, Of course this was due to the lack of outsiders in the remote area in which her home resided in. It seemed as though she arrived as the debriefing of some sort was ending & receive some sort of technology unfamiliar to her. It doesn't involve me, so I'll just on my way. Just as she was about to continue her journey, she heard his name being mentioned & that was when she knew she had indeed found the location. She looked back at the group once more & was quite reluctant to join in but decided it was the best course of action both in her favor as well as in her friend's. "I believe it's time for me to take my appearance as well as introduce myself." She came out from her hiding spot, making her way towards the group, stopping right before them. She placed her right hand over her heart & bowed before all of them, She straightened herself up, looking at her soon to be peers,  "I do apologize for my late arrival."
Smol Marshmallow
Smol Marshmallow

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:13 pm

-Well this was as about as good as it was going to get, it was going to be up to this team to make a miracle happen out of the evolving situation, the hybrid was taken back by the Koala, she seemed extremely full of her self not to mention didn't trust Lysander at all despite him being the tactical adviser for the operation, he's eyes and ears were going to be crucial to mission success.

"I'm not going any where I'm the technical adviser for the op, with out me you would be more or less walking blind into who knows what, plus I need all intel you guys can gather while I site....you still have little to no idea what is down there...neither do I unfortunately so I don't want you going gun ho into them...its a one way ticket to death.."

-The wolf in the powered armor suit finally explained who he was and the name to call him from here on out, the wolf seem to just want to confirm the nature and objective of the mission to which Lysander simply nodded in confirmation, then another question was directed at him, one which only Jack had picked up on compared to the rest, the strange unexplained force that took out a pair of soldiers at the very end of the footage.-

"Nice to meet you Jack and I wish I could tell you what that was but I sadly can not, the only thing I can guess is that there is something more then just Replicant soldiers here...there was a sudden burst of unknown origin signal coming from with in the district which I couldn't pin point its origin or where its exactly coming from but the signal seems to match similar to that of the same telestatic signal the commander uses, which could mean any thing at this point hence why I urge remaining undetected...as for the device, no it will not interfere with the suit..it only limits short wave communication devices, its to prevent them from calling in more help should you be spotted."

-Just before the team was about to deploy out a new figure appeared before him, Lysanders head quickly snapped to see who it was, it was a wolf or Lycan for a lack of a better term, tho he had never met her he knew straight away who she was as Shrike had spoken about her on numerous occasions, it was non other then Ivory, the warrior wolf Alpha, well this was a strange turn of events, but regardless any and all help would be appreciated.- 

"Good timing Ivory, you don't know who I am but I know who you are, and I know why you are here, it is true Shrike is in trouble deep trouble and you guys are going to have to go in to pull his ass and the rest out of the fire, I can not explain every thing again but I will try to along the way, you all must go now, remember to enter the district from the north, it is the least guarded...find them and bring them home safely and if possible discover the real reason why the Replicant forces are here....Good luck."

-With that the Hybrid returned to his set up of devices and communicators, once the team had moved out Lysander did a quick radio check.- 

"Radio check...seems like all devices are green...operation is a go." 

-As the group would enter near the northern entrance, they would here faint gun fire coming in from one of the large industrial factories, sounds like a perfect place to start.- 
https://instaud.io/3erd
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:42 pm

The cool evening breeze carried on to rustle up the dark brown fur of a fox from not too far off. She seemed to have been taking a leisurely stroll before the night fell and she would have to retreat to recharge at some dingy hotel again. The fox was met with a particularly strong breeze, her fur fluffed up and she huddled into her warm black phaux leather jacket in response.

Her bright blue eyes shifted around in a silent search. She wasn't out here just for a stroll; she was searching for something. She had sensed odd energy ever since she entered this quadrant of the city, and she was close to the source, she could feel it.

The sound of people talking had gathered her attention and she quietly stalked her way over, gripping the handle of the dark purple sword strapped onto her back. The energy here was the strongest she'd sensed in the area, so it had to be the source.

She sat within earshot and listened from the shadows. She managed to hear something about hostages and something called 'Replicant soldiers', whatever that meant, and her grip on her sword tightened.

But then then hybrid mobian spoke of his friend being held hostage inside and she quickly put together that this was a rescue mission. She was thinking over her options when the koala mentioned a specific name.

If it was the Shrike she knew, her mind was made up. She wasn't entirely close with the human, but they were still friends, and she was gonna do what she could to help. 

She thrust her hands into her jacket pockets and stepped into the open, "Evening, ladies and gentlemen. Apologies for eavesdropping, but I heard enough to know that Shrike is in trouble. My name's Claw; I know I don't look like much..."

In one clean move, she drew her glistening dark purple sword from its hilt and held it proudly, "But I think I'll be a valuable asset in this little rescue mission."
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:40 am

The Koala is not happy she has a 3rd wheel. As much as she doesn't mind that he tags along she wants to make sure he can hold his own, so she will open her jacket showing a holster for a handgun as she hands Lysander the firearm. "I don't mind if you decide to come, but I want to make sure you are able to support if things get dicey. Besides" she will turn to the other two.

" Besides I do have a bit of a heroine complex since unlike soldier boy in the armor over there I was part of a small resistance unit against the Empire. Sadly my buddies are handling something else for now. So it's just myself and my Chao accomplish."

Before she can finish speaking another showed up with a glowing purple sword before turning to the hybrid " So now we just got ourselves a swordsman. Though hearing about these guys in the place hopefully we will have some close quarters for the sword to be useful."
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:28 pm

"Damn... well, at least I know the hammer won't hurt my tech and gadgets then. I don't think more questions are necessary right now, I just hope things are alright. I'll report to you anything I find out about that strange force if I can, alright sir?", Jack explained, storing the jammer and communications device in a compartment somewhere in the suit as he turned to get ready, looking out to the building. 
Just then, two new figures appeared - both clearly sword wielders. More people could be a good thing, but the koala kept going on and began confusing Jack with their words, which finally cracked him. 

He took off the helmet piece to the suit, revealing a rather soft, somewhat effeminate face with black bird and red highlights through the headfur - his eyes were brown, with a hint of dark red, likely from the metal running through his veins. He looked to the two new members, smiled and gave them a thumbs up, before turning to the koala with a frustrated, annoyed expression, "If we're gonna do this, we have to work together. But let's get something straight - this isn't a combat mission, we run in there guns blazing and swords swinging we're dead, the hostages are dead, Shrike's dead. Got it? You aren't the leader of this operation, Dr. Lysander is, so stop acting like it. He's not coming with us - like he said, he's staying here and giving us information, watching cameras, etcetera. Listen when he speaks to you. Any more people willing to help is always good, and I'm not saying we don't need the weapons, but since you've gotten here you've acted like you're going to rush in and shoot some soldiers. Stop. Some of us want to survive and do our jobs. You're not Rambo."
After that little outburst, he looked to Lysander and Darken with looks of confusion and frustration, shook his head with a WOOF, then put the mask back on as he turned toward the building. 
"Now, are we all ready? As Lysander said, he'll try and inform the newcomers of everything they need to know on the way over the communication devices. Our job is to save Shrike and the other hostages, and then find out what these 'replicant forces' are doing here. Get a jammer, get a comm device, let's get moving.

Energy was pulsing through Jack after all he said to the koala. He was admittedly a little anxious, but he couldn't let it get to him. They needed his help, and he had to admit, they needed the koala. 
They needed all the help they could get.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:19 am

The grey fox listened to the Jackal Hybrid, his walking almost taking him out of sight, but he stopped just in time to turn around and still be within hearing distance. While he didn't exactly know the functionality of the jammer, a small screwdriver could have solved that a little further into the search, but it was useful to know now.

Darken brought the device up a little higher than his waist, which is where it had previously been in his grasp, and looked down at it, taking a close look at the rather simple interface. Judging by its size, it would likely be taking advantage of the use of capacitors to create a short range burst and then a standard power supply to maintain the jamming signal, but he could be wrong. Marcus seemed to be capable of a lot more than simple programming.

As he looked up from the device, and back at the group, another individual turned up, A wolf. Shortly after, another member appeared from behind the darkness of a building in the dimly lit space. A fox this time. Both of them seemed keen to join the mission and both of them seemed to have some sort connection to Shrike. That was all he needed to know, they were good enough for the mission.

Indeed the Koala's actions had begun to seem rather arrogant and egotistic, but for the sake of the mission, Darken hoped that she'd be able to keep it together. They would need to keep quiet for as long as possible within and around the buildings, especially with the sound of Gunfire's clattering echoes calling out in the distance.

If they couldn't work together as a team, then it would be better that they not work together at all. A dysfunctional team is more dangerous than no team at all, especially with a force such as the replicants pressing so much heat upon the situation.

"C'mon folks, we've got a big night ahead of us, we need to get moving. Every minute we spend out here is a minute that the replicants spend in there."
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Smol Marshmallow Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:57 am

Ivory was taken aback from hearing that the hybrid already knew who she was, as it was something she was not used to. Before she could ask any more questions as to how he knew of her, she turned to see a brown fox introducing herself with her sword in tow. "Quite the entrance, you had there." Admittedly she was impressed by the sword as by its wielder. "Nice to know there isn't only one sword wielder." She brushed her long hair back to reveal her own sword, "This is Azrael Mithras," The only thing visible of her sword was the blue tungsten pommel with a slight glowing aura surrounding it, it's silver & blue tungsten grip, the body of the sword fastened in it's sheath on her back before letting her hair fall back. The sword was as tall as she was, making one question how she was even able to hold it let alone wield it.

When flashed the smile & thumbs up by the armored wolf, she gave him a nod in response. Despite arriving later, she noticed there was tension in the air between the group, more so between the what she assumed to be the leader or second in command at the very least, of the rescue mission & the Koala in regards of her comments & obvious proud nature. The chewing out received by him, to which she winced to as she was used to being the one giving the lecture to not the one receiving  it, only enforced her belief more. 
Normally, she wouldn't tolerate with that kind of attitude in her legion but at the other token, she turned her head towards the direction in which they were soon to go, she could hear the sounds of firearms in the distance. Though to others, her body language makes it seem as though she was annoyed, perhaps coping some sort of an attitude, it was the sounds made her feel concerned, almost anxious since that sort of weaponry was not within her knowledge. But she also felt a nagging feeling inside her that beckoned her to not only help Shrike but to also explore what it was about this place that she felt drawn to. However in the event of an attack from these replicants, Swords or even enchanted swords would only help so much to which defending in a rain of bullets was not one of them. The Koala & her experience would be just as important. There was nothing wrong with confidence of course, so long as the actions back it up.  

No matter, she decided. She was only there to help out a dear friend of hers, she needed to do whatever it took to accomplish the end goal of the whole operation with all her comrades, all in one piece & not a single hair out of place. Though she would certainly struggle from being bossed around, she was determined to carry on forward. She turned her body towards the building behind the armored wolf with her signature resting bitch face,  "I'm ready whenever," 
Smol Marshmallow
Smol Marshmallow

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:09 am

-Lysander said no more on the matter, he had already returned to his station to monitor any footage and remain in audio contact with the squad.

By this time the distant gun fire had all but stopped, something had happened it was unclear why it suddenly stopped but they could assume they had finished tieing up..loose ends. 

As the group entered the district they would notice no one guarding the North at all, the primary entry way was complete open, a bit of a uneasy feeling of to easy of a approach was more then clear by now. The sound of gentle winds blowing across the land scale combined with a star rich filled sky and a moon that was full in all its beauty hanged in the sky. 

The direct route was dark and poorly lit, buildings dotting the area, old and decaying Situation lock down GOMoUQt

As they would enter it they would all be greeted by a extremely un pleasant feeling, impossible to describe but it notable, as if they had walked through a sudden wave of negative energy, extremely unpleasant, tho it will eventually subside to a lesser degree. 

Lysander monitors them near by as the team enters, his face filled with concern due to the fact that there was no resistance at the northern entrance, tho it started to get video interference in the form of static, those down below at the entrance's com devices would start to picked up strange static interference, the signal registered as "Unknown Origin signal"

As the static signal continued they would notice a street lamp directly off to their left flickering violently, before the light shattered altogether, that was....strange and abnormal, shortly afterwards the static interference was gone.
https://instaud.io/3goX

Then off to their immediate left single shots from a weapon were heard coming from inside one of the old factories. If they team went to investigate the factory was poorly lit with concrete walls and the usual things found in such a place. Then one last loud gunshot was heard followed by the sound of something collapsing onto the floor..Shortly after they heard a voice, it was one of them and they were right around the corner.
https://instaud.io/3gp0

If they were to take the corner they would see one of the Replicant soldiers standing just in front of a deceased civilian, executed point blank at the back of the head, there only seemed to be one of them here but they got a good chance to see what they looked like, decked out in head to toe gear
Situation lock down Qwy7UP0
Wearing a distinct desert urban camo, black steel cap boots, elbow and knee pads that seem to have the hard parts painted a dull white, a advance looking assault vest with shoulder cauldrons extending out, a pair of white gloves, a open face motorcycle tan like helmet with a solid black visor, underneath a thick black balaclava, clutched in his hands was a weapon bearing a vast similarity to a sub machine gun.

The question now to the group was how to deal with him as he had his back facing the opposite direction to them, Lysander mean while had the camera feed up and going and could see the room where the Replicant soldier was standing.-

"Alright guy's looks like they finished dispensing with any one they don't need any more, footage indicates there is just one of them here, you can either avoid him or quietly take him down but dont make to much noise, I have no camera footage of what is around the corner." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:18 am

Nyinda will take a look to the two following her into the facility as they stop to see the man in armor laying waste to whatever they can deal with. She'll take a deep breath as she could easily pick him off with the rifle, but doing so could alert the enemy at their position along with having the bases new occupants know that a third party has now joined the fray.

"Well, I am more than welcome to pass this guy and not go loud just yet. Unless of course one of you are open to one of us walking over the slit his voice box" The koala will let the group know as quietly as possible. as she continues to watch the replicant soldier from the corner.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:20 am

The group had finally started their mission, with Jack beside Nyinda as they traveled in range of the base. The feeling came and faded, the bulb busted - Jack was feeling a certain paranoia, the force reminded him so much of the forest... 
He knew it was the force. Ever little thing was that odd force. And when it would eventually fling him around, he'd be cursing its unknown name. But for now, he had business to take care of. 

The man came into view, Lysander saw them on their cameras. They had killed an innocent... 
Nyinda suggested not attacking. Jack thought through their options... 
They really could just pass by, they didn't need to kill. But a dead body, if well hidden, can't alert others. Plus, these people... no... things, were monsters. This one just killed an innocent civilian!
He had no real attachment to Shrike, only to Bonnie, who cared about Shrike. Bonnie wasn't here to tell him not to kill, and making sure he came back alive? Bonnie would be so relieved to see both him and Shrike... only one way to be certain.
"[color:783a=b7410e]Maybe I was wrong... as long as we're quiet about it, a few deaths could very well be best. We just need to be smart about it... you all move forward, I'll take them out and hide the body.", Jack whispered to the group, motioning them to move forward. Meanwhile, Jack slowly walked up to the man, making as little noise as he could, then finally... 
His graphene claws were quickly, viciously, swung to the man's neck from behind. At the last moment before they would hit them, electricity popped through the highly conductive, atom-thick black carbon blades, ready for overkill. If it landed, which from this distance would be highly likely, if he didn't cut clean through their neck, they'd at least fry it. Either way, they'd be dead and they could move on.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:16 am

The grey fox had been ahead of the group, and had turned the corner before the group had managed to, catching the Replicant just in time to witness the terrible murder of the innocent civilian. Quickly, he turned, and pressed himself against the wall, the Replicant had his back to the entrance, and still hadn't turned around yet.

Killing the Soldier would not be a wise choice, from what he'd learned, there was at least a strong radio contact between the units, the transmitters were of a higher quality than any other GUN soldiers, and if one of them were killed, one signal going blank would definitely raise the alarm.

The group arrived at the entrance, the Replicant still facing the opposite direction, and while the fox was sure he was out of sight of both the others, and the soldier, he could hear the others begin to talk about what they should do.

Nyinda made a reasonable suggestion, which surprised him, that they should avoid attacking, and remain as quiet as possible. But before their words could sink in, the Wolf had already gone for a lightning quick attack, disregarding any radio signal that might be transmitting from the Soldier.

"Shit."
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Valtiel Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:18 pm

((Jumping in here! Hope it's not a problem. Apologies if it's a little messy or if I missed out on a few details. I've been up for a while. lol))

Valtiel trenched through the streets of the district, her gray and white fur concealed by a suit of armor, covering her entire body minus her head. Typically the armor brandished a dark purple hue with black detailing marks, though, in it's current condition that was difficult to tell. At the moment it was clouded with red and black. To a trained eye these markings would easily be identified as scorch marks and blood spatter. Some of the blood in-fact still dripped from the knuckles of her gauntlets. 

Following behind her was her E-Series robot, Sectus. Sectus' chassis didn't look much better off than Valtiel's armor. Scorch marks, blood stains, and a few bullet holes/dents. Such a shame too. Val spent half of her savings fixing him up not all that long ago. 

"Are we gettin' any closer ta that distress signal Shrike sent out, Sectus?"
Valtiel asked as the duo traversed the streets. 

"Closer, Ma'am."
The robot replied, a slight glitch in his vocal processor distorting it's posh nature. 

Valtiel let out an exhausted sigh. Of all the times for Shrike to run off and get kidnapped it just had to be in the middle of her showdown with rival gun-runners. She was furious. Not at him necessarily, but the situation as a whole. Needless to say, it was a shitty day. She was tired, but her loyalty to Shrike far outweighed her concern for her own health.

Her and Sectus both halted, seeing increased activity on the streets. Soldiers by the looks of it. Probably the bastards that had abducted her dear friend. She gritted her teeth, her fingers balling up into a fist. She wanted nothing more than to annihilate them. Her tail began to flick back and forth, an obvious sign of her agitation. 

Sectus picked up on this que, he of anyone knew the warning signs to Valtiel's outbursts of violence more than anyone. The robot reached out his left servo, placing it on Valtiel's shoulder. "Excuse me, ma'am. If Shrike is indeed captured, I'd highly suggest we proceed with caution."

Valtiel grunted, she knew Sectus was right. She was too furious to speak without yelling. Her blood was boiling. Caution was not in her nature, but if it was for Shrike's sake then she had no other choice.

Suddenly, the duo's attention are drawn to the sound of gunshots in the distance. Valtiel has grown all too used to the sound of gunfire these days, and even more used to heading towards it. Here she went again. She turned to nod to Sectus, acknowledging his cautionary warning.

Val led the way, her keen ears locking on to the area of the gunfire as the duo weaved their way through alley-ways, admittedly making a fair amount of noise. It couldn't be helped, Sectus' heavy peds clanged against the concrete with every step, but with any hope the gunfire masked the noise. Her senses were so focused on locating the gunshots that she hadn't even realized the group of individuals ahead.

Sectus, however, was not so absent minded. The E-Series deployed it's weapon systems. Two missile pods deployed from the back of Sectus' relatively bulky chassis, and he raised his right arm, mounted with a flamethrower. "Ma'am, multiple heat signatures ahead!" Sectus warned Valtiel who stopped in her tracks just in time to see another mobian, a wolf, initiate an attack.
Valtiel
Valtiel
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:09 pm

-It seemed like while the rest decided on what to do, one being seized the initiative to do something about it, Jack in he's exo suit approached the Replicant who was completely oblivious to the small group who had entered the area

Unfortunately the wolfs final step caught the troopers attention, he swung around, but at that stage it was far to late, the graphene claws hit there mark, striking across the chest and neck of the Replicant soldier cutting through like a hot knife through butter.

The Replicant dropped he's weapon and onto he's knees desperately holding he's neck as the blood poured out onto the cold hard concrete floor, incapable of uttering any words, except the bone chilling gurgle as he died from he's own blood loss.

The Replicant soldier collapsed onto the floor, swiftly dispatched by Jack, confirming he's first Replicant soldier kill and doing so with out making any noise to attract any of the soldiers near by. A good, if yet lucky strike, had it been several seconds to early their position could of been compromised, tho now they had a body to dispense of.

From the camera footage Lysander witnesses the first kill and immediately contacted the group inside the factory- 

"Good job....seems like the other troopers are no even aware of what happened, I guess they didn't hear any thing at all....tho I suggest you swiftly dispose of the body some how..just in case another comes passing by."

-Suddenly the strange activity picked up one more, the dim ceiling light hanging above them flickered a bit followed by the same static interference as noted before entering the compound, the signal seem to cause static across all camera footage but was gone in mere seconds..a still yet unexplained event.- 

"After you disposed of the body you need to keep moving..Camera 3 and 5 just ahead of you show no sign of activity at all but there still could be soldiers in that area, keep moving. Also...nab that soldiers head communicator..should make it easier to eavesdrop on their communications." 

Situation lock down 4qzqFit

-If the group ventured on they would enter a warehouse like area, shelves with boxes and items stored in distinct rows, the moon light coming in from the warn windows above at the top rim just before the roof, as the group moved through this row after row of storage a high pitched electrical shriek sound went off, followed by several boxes flung off their shelves..as quickly as it happened...it ceased.-

"What the hell was that....Camera 3 cut out but audio was still functional....did any of you see what it was ?"

-Something else was going on here, it was clear that there was not just soldiers present on site..something thing or things  were present in the area. Mean while Lysander checks on Camera footage of office section not to far off from the factory district zone. One of the internal cameras spots a figure guarded by two distinct looking soldiers, Lysander zooms the Camera in only to make a horrific discovery.-

"Guys heads up I just got confirmation from the office district at Camera 3 that Vanik himself is currently on site....I think things are about to get a lot more complicated...keep moving." 

-If the group pushed onward they would leave the enter the factory loading area, with side by side brick face buildings with a small loading area, from a couple of windows they could see out into the open loading area where the trucks would off load and would notice their next road block, there parked in the middle of it was a black armored truck with 3 Replicant soldiers leaving the back end part of it onto the open loading area, dealing with one was alright but now there were 3 of them standing guard out side...they had to make a choice quickly as the troopers were heading for the factory entrance.- 

Situation lock down VPt0kG8

"Command this is Echo 3 we have arrived at factory site 1 and are securing the loading entrance zone."

"Copy that Echo 3 once you secure the area hold position there and wait for further orders...be advised we experiencing unknown static interference with communication systems in your area...watch your back."

"Roger command...will do." 

-Now it was up to the group to act. Or have their location discovered-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next