Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DeviantArt group

5 posters

Go down

DeviantArt group Empty DeviantArt group

Post by Electrisa Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:47 am

This idea just struck me yesterday, so I thought I might as well write about it:

I know plenty of us (not all, of course) have a deviantArt account, and some artistic inclinations, be it sprites, digital/traditional artwork, photography and even literature (probably most commonly since, well, this is an RP forum).
We have the artwork subforum for this all of course, and I'm glad people post there, but would any people with dA accounts be interested if I opened a group solely for SRN members?
I think it'd be a nice archive for everyone to use so sometimes we can look back at what we all created, and maybe it'd attract some people from deviantArt over to our forum!
Gotta admit, I don't know how exactly to lead a group like that, but I'm active on deviantArt so I could create and admin one - and I guess we'd all learn as we go along. I'm not thinking it should be anything big, anyway, just a small gallery of things we make!
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

DeviantArt group Empty Re: DeviantArt group

Post by Dione Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:48 am

Tbh that could actually work pretty well! I'd be down ^^ And if ya need any help with it, lemme know~
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ecolusian Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:44 pm

I mean hey, I wanna get better at art but I'm paranoid of getting meme'd on, so this could be good!
ecolusian
ecolusian
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:15 pm

Yessss! I’ll be honest it’s something I’ve wondered about for a while, since there are other groups for Sonic fans on DA as well. But yes yes a hundred times yes please Very Happy
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:46 pm

Oh well I'm glad some people are interested 8D

I'll probably try to set up a very basic group soon, just to test it then! Include basic categories for deviations and some rules, and then we'll branch off of that if anyone has any ideas o/
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:39 pm

Sorry for the double post, but just to inform you all:

The group is now up!

So if anyone's interested, feel free to join and submit already! I guess I'm gonna kick it off by submitting my own deviations. There should be a daily limit of how much you can submit, we'll see how that works!

The reason I'm posting this in suggestions, and not in any of the group related subforums, is because this is really fresh and to be honest I'm not entirely sure how dA groups work lol

I divided folders by the mediums we work in because I thought it made the most sense.

If anyone has anymore ideas on what to add or change about the group, please post here!

Additionally, my first question is - do we want to accept artwork outside of the group/forum members?
I'm kind of inclined to say no. I know the group will be smaller this way, but I feel we don't have to spam it with all kinds of art. It could just be our own little nook! But of course I want others input on this, because if you guys wish to include all artwork in the gallery, well, I've not got much to say about it then, do I?

So feel free to comment on whatever you want!
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:09 pm

I agree with you, I don't think outsiders are needed. We could avoid some incidents this way as well.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:12 pm

Omg yaassss it looks amazing. I think you're right though in terms of just having it as our own little nook of the internet. Much like the Discord and really the forum too, If we want to see other things it's only a few clicks away, but the communities works are something that shouldn't get bogged down by non-communal peices. That's my take at least, maybe a little harsh :/ 

I dunno, I'm in agreeance with Elec. Totally keen for this to become a thriving little art station Very Happy
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down