Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drexil the Tenrec

Go down

Drexil the Tenrec Empty Drexil the Tenrec

Post by RezTheFalcon Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:11 am

Name: Drexil Grenson (Pronounced like: Drecks-ill)
Nicknames: None
Species: Tenrec

Appearance: Drexil is short for a mobian of his age, standing at 2' 8". His eyes are dark green, and he has a light brown, pointed muzzle with a black nose at the tip. He has maroon fur and upward facing quills on the back of his head and back. Some of his quills are yellow, as well as a somewhat "M" shaped marking on his chest. For clothes, Drexil wears green bracers on his wrists and ankles, white gloves, and two-toned gray shoes with a green bead on the outside of each shoe.

References:
[size=36]Drexil the Tenrec Drexil10
[/size]

PERSONALITY TRAITS

- Practicing chaos abilities
- His pet chao, Flaps

Dislikes:
- Being underestimated by his size
- Being called cute

Personality:
Drexil is a serious, no nonsense person. He hates when someone talks about his size or if someone calls him "cute." If he gets mad, he often lets his anger get the best of him, and will act before thinking. If there is a task to be done, he'll do it by the book, regardless of if there is an easier way.

COMBAT TRAITS

Powers/Weapons:
- Chaos Abilities | Drexil is capable of using several chaos abilities, including chaos snap, chaos arrow, and other unique ones like, chaos wave and chaos heal.

- Ball Form | Being a tenrec, Drexil can roll into a ball similar to hedgehog mobians.

- Homing Attack Variant | Drexil created a move similar to the homing attack. He runs towards his opponent, then rolls into a ball as he uses chaos snap to teleport in front of his opponent, ramming into them with the full force of his body.

Strengths:
- Size | Drexil knows he is short. He believes it is a blessing, and he often uses his size to his advantage.

- G.U.N. Agent Training | Being a G.U.N. agent has taught Drexil many skills that others normally wouldn't have.

- Chaos Guardian Training | After joining the Chaos Guardians, Drexil learned many Chaos techniques and some meditative techniques to help with his anger problems.

Weaknesses:
- Short Tempered | Drexil has problems keeping his anger under control, sometimes lashing out at others when he gets mad.

SOCIAL INFORMATION

Positive relations
- Dav | One of the few mobians that was in Drexil's group at the G.U.N. training academy, Dav is one of Drexil's closest friends.

- Fawn | A fellow Chaos Guardian, Fawn found Drexil when he crashed near their temple. He would never admit it, but Drexil secretly really likes Fawn.

- Master Dhal | The headmaster of the Chaos Guardians, Dhal was responsible for most of Drexil's training in chaos abilities.

- Flaps | Drexil's pet hero chao. Taking care of Flaps is one of the few things that brings Drexil joy in his life.

Negative relations
- None

BACKSTORY
     In a small village located in southern Adabat, there lived a young Tenrec named Drexil. He was quite short for his age of seventeen, being only 2' 3". He was often ridiculed in school for his size, and he often got into fights due to his short temper. But eventually he learned to accept who he was, and found as many ways he could to turn his disadvantage into an advantage.
     Fast forward about four years, Drexil decided to leave his home village, and move to the United Federation. He eventually ended up living in an apartment in Station Square, and getting a job as a security guard at the mall. He liked his job at the mall, but he wanted to do more. He had remembered seeing a group of people that probably worked for the government when a big theft happened at a store near the mall. He thought he remembered three big letters on the side of a van. G.U.N. Drexil decided to do some research after his shift.
     After researching on his computer for several hours, Drexil found out how to apply to a G.U.N. training academy. He waited for about a week in nervousness until he finally received a letter in the mail that said that he was accepted into the academy. He immediately started packing to leave.
     Once he arrived, he noticed that he was significantly shorter than most of the other human trainees. However, there were a few mobians in his group. He walked into his living quarters, which weren't much bigger than his small apartment, and he was greeted by a slightly taller mobian wolf sitting on one of the two beds in the room.

"Hey there! I'm David. But you can call me Dav. Guess you and I are roommates, huh?"

"Guess so. I'm Drexil." The Tenrec said as he tossed his bag onto the other bed before jumping up on it himself.

"Nice to meet you Drexil! I hope we can become good friends! So why did you want to become a G.U.N. agent? I wanted to after hearing of their involvement with those gray and red aliens from several years back."

Drexil was slightly amused by this guy. His cheery attitude didn't really seem like the kind of thing that you would see in a government agent.

"I guess just because I have always felt like I wanted to help people. Before I applied to the academy, I was a security guard for the Station Square mall."

After training together for several weeks, Drexil and David got to know each other a little better, and eventually became good friends. And after one year, they both graduated to become official G.U.N. agents. They worked together as partners back near Station Square. Solving cases, and catching bad guys together for several years. But that all changed on one fateful day, five years later.
     Drexil was on a solo assignment to investigate a crime scene in a mountain area, quite a ways away from where he usually is stationed. As he is driving to the destination, a car swerves into the right lane, and slams Drexil's car off the road, sending him careening down the cliff. Freaking out and fearing for his life, Drexil tries to steer the car in a straight line down the side of the mountain. He manages to get the car down the cliff without crashing into anything. Once he reached the bottom, he pressed down on the brakes to stop the car. But he was still flying through the wooded area. The brake line had broken during the steep, rocky descent. Drexil looked towards the brake pedal, pushing it frantically. When he looked up, he saw he was heading straight for a tree. There wasn't enough time to turn, so Drexil braced himself for the ensuing impact. When the airbag activated, Drexil passed out, barley hanging on to life.
     When he woke up, Drexil was laying on a bed in an unfamiliar room. Besides the bed he was laying on, there was a bookshelf, a small dresser with two drawers, a window, and a small wooden table with two chairs and a candle on it in the room. Standing next to the bed was another mobian. A female deer, dressed in orange hooded robes. She had her hands opened over his chest. They seemed to be... Glowing? Drexil, then noticed the bandages that were all over his body.

"Oh, thank Chaos, you're awake!" The deer said to him as she pulled her hands back. "I'm so relieved that you are ok. That was a pretty bad accident you were in."

"Wh-what were you doing just now?" Drexil asked weakly.

"I was using chaos heal to try to help you recover from your crash. I'm Fawn by the way."

"Well Fawn, It was nice to meet you, but I've got to get going." Drexil said as he attempted to sit up. But he barely got his back a few inches off the bed before a sharp pain erupted in his chest. He winced as he reached towards his chest with his hand.

"You have two broken ribs from your crash. Please try to rest a bit before you leave." Fawn said as she helped him lay back down. Just then, someone else walked into the room. Another older deer stepped into the room.

"How is our guest, Fawn?"

"I think he is doing better father. He just woke up a minute ago."

"I am glad to hear that." The older deer said as he looked over to Drexil. "Hello. I am Master Dahl. I hope you find our temple accommodating while you recover. Stay as long as you like, Mr..."

"Drexil. Drexil Grenson."

"Mr. Grenson. Now, If you'll excuse me, I am going to go meditate."

"Okay. See you later father." Fawn said as Dahl left the room. She then looked back to Drexil. "I should get going too so you can rest. Here." She pulled a piece of paper and a pencil out of the dresser and wrote on it. She then put the paper down on the table. "Here are directions to the courtyard. If you need anything, I'll be there for most of the day. Bye!" Fawn waved to Drexil before snapping her other hand and suddenly vanishing in a flash of blue light. Drexil stared at the empty room, trying to contemplate what had just happened.

"H-He-hello? Fawn? Are you still here?" Drexil asked. No response. 'Did... Did she just... Teleport? I didn't think that was possible. Maybe this is all just a dream.' Drexil thought as he laid his head back and tried to go to sleep.

After a few hours, Drexil woke up. He was still in the same room. 'Well... Guess that wasn't a dream.' He thought as he sat up. His chest still hurt, but not as bad as it did earlier. He walked over to the table and picked up the paper Fawn had left, then looked over to the door. 

"Hmm... I don't have anything else to do. Might as well check this place out."

Drexil opened the door to the room, and proceeded to follow the directions on the paper down a hallway towards a big open area with many mobians mingling in front of a large shrine. Around that shrine, there were little creatures flying around. Drexil thought he remembered them being called chao. He then saw someone handing fruit to some of the chao. It was Fawn. He walked over to her and said,

"These little guys are kinda cute."

"Drexil! Nice to see you are up and moving around. You want to help me feed these chao?"

"Sure."

Fawn handed him some fruit and he began holding them up for the chao to take. He then saw a hero chao that was hesitant to come take some fruit.

"It's ok little buddy. Here." Drexil said as he held the fruit up a bit closer. The chao slowly reached for the fruit, before taking a small bite. The chao then smiled and flew over to hug Drexil.

"Looks like you made a new friend!" Fawn said as she giggled.

"So Fawn, I have a question. What exactly is this place?"

"This is the temple of the Chaos Guardians. We worship the mighty god of Mobius, Chaos. This shrine is a testament of our promise to Chaos to keep Mobius in balance. We also learn to harness the power of Chaos within ourselves. For example, when I used chaos snap to teleport out of your room earlier."

"Sooo you're a cult?"

"What? N-no! It's not a cult!" Fawn said trying not to laugh about Drexil's comment.

"Sounds like a cult to me. Though I am starting to become interested in this chaos ability stuff. Do you think you could teach me?"

"Me?" Fawn said as she blushed. "I-I'm flattered, but I'm still in training myself. We could maybe ask my father if he could teach you. Here, follow me." Fawn then started walking out of the courtyard and down another hallway. Drexil followed them, and he noticed that the hero chao that was hugging him earlier was following as well. He didn't mind though. He actually kinda liked the little guy.

Fawn then turned to a door. She opened it and stepped into a large room with several mobians standing around a large mat. In the center of the mat was an eagle, and a training dummy. At the other end of the room, Dahl was standing in front of a mural of some kind of strange looking creature. It looked kind of like a mobian, but at the same time, it didn't. Drexil then heard Dahl say,

"Remember, chaos lies within everything. Including yourself. Now, proceed."

The eagle then raised on of his hands and shouted,

"Chaos spear!" Before three glowing rays of yellow energy appeared above the eagle. The eagle then quickly lowered his hand towards the dummy, and the energy rays rushed towards the dummy, exploding on impact. The dummy was sent flying into the wall, as the eagle turned to Dahl and bowed.

"Thank you Master Dahl." They said as they stepped back into the ring of mobians surrounding the mat.

Dahl then looked over and saw Fawn and Drexil standing in the back of the room.

"Ah! Fawn, Mr. Grenson, come, come." The deer said as he walked down into the mat.

"Father." Fawn said before Dahl interrupted her.

"Fawn, please. I'm teaching a class right now."

"Oh right. Master Dahl, Drexil had a question for you." Fawn said as she bowed.

"I was wondering, if you would be able to teach me some of these chaos abilities that you use."

"Of course! But I must warn you. For me to teach you, you will have to leave your old life behind. Learning to harness the chaos within yourself takes years to learn."

Drexil thought to himself for a moment.

'I want to learn how to do these amazing things, but... Is it worth leaving G.U.N. behind?'

After thinking it over, Drexil said,

"Ok. I'm willing to do the hard work required to master the chaos within myself."

"Excellent. We can start your training tomorrow. For now, get some rest."

The next day, Drexil began his training as a Chaos Guardian. At sunrise, Master Dahl brought Drexil up to the shrine in the courtyard to begin the ceremony of making Drexil an official Chaos Guardian. The entire courtyard was filled with mobians that were there to celebrate. Dahl walked up to the shrine, and proceeded to say,

"The servers are the seven chaos. Chaos is power, power enriched by the heart."

Dahl then turned to Drexil and said,

"Do you, Drexil Grenson, pledge to honor the god, Chaos?"

"I do."

"Do you pledge to use the power of chaos only for good, and not for selfish gain?"

"I do."

"Do you pledge to keep the balance of Mobius intact?"

"I do."

"Then I hereby announce Drexil Grenson, is now a proud member of the Chaos Guardians!"

Everyone cheered and clapped in celebration of the newest member of the Chaos Guardians. Drexil knew that there was going to be hard work ahead of him though. He trained every day, for five years. Over the course of those years he learned many chaos abilities, and even created his own, "Chaos Wave." Drexil learned how to use chaos energy to send a shockwave through the ground, creating a pillar of explosive energy a certain distance away. He also adopted the hero chao that he met the day he arrived at the temple. He named them Flaps, because when they were happy, they fluttered their wings rapidly.
     Drexil currently still lives at the temple of the Chaos Guardians, practicing his chaos abilities as much as he can, so one day he can become a master of the Chaos Guardians himself.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum