Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mint the Echidna

4 posters

Go down

Mint the Echidna Empty Mint the Echidna

Post by mintechidna02 Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:14 am

Name: Mint the Echidna 
Nicknames: Minty, Ice-chidna
Species: Echidna

Appearance: 4'1' mint-blue colored echidna with long spiny locks, with three considerably longer ones tied up in a ponytail. Wears a V-shaped cropped vest with a zipper, and dark gray pants with diamond designs at the bottom. He has two custom-made bags wrapped around his hips, which contain any items or gear he needs, including his signature weapons. He has black fingerless gloves that go up past the wrists, and shiny gray shoes with spikey four-way arrow designs on the top. Eyes are a sort-of greenish yellow.

References:

Mint, with his blade of choice, the Leucojum (more on that below).
(Art by me!)
Mint the Echidna Mint_e10
Personality traits

- Upbeat music
- Cold weather
- Sparring
- Spearmint gum
- Snow
- His village and the people in it
- Frogs

Dislikes:
- Fire
- Hot weather
- Threats to his home village
- Menial tasks
- Tight spaces
- Lava
- Electricity

Personality:
Typically upbeat, Mint has a fairly bubbly personality, almost like a male, matured "Genki Girl" archetype. He can be a little teasing at times when he's on the verge of winning in a fight, while simultaneously making sure not to go overboard or suggest he can do things he can't. While he's usually fairly jubilant, he can also switch to being more serious and reserved when it'd be more appropriate. He's pretty good at hiding his true level of frustration whenever he loses. Not above getting snarky at times.

Combat traits

Powers: While at first glance it might look like he has ice powers, his power is actually being able to manipulate the temperature of particles (typically moisture in the air) around him into being extremely cold. He's found several applications for this power, with his most frequent application being using them to make his dual blades, The Leucojum, freezing cold, adding an additional cold pain to the typical pain of being struck with a blade. 
He's also able to fake ice breath by concentrating cold particles in his palm and blowing on them, sending a freezing cold mist at his opponent, running the risk of temporarily freezing them. While he can't make particles hot, he can use his powers to melt ice. 
In addition to his ice powers, he's also able to jump fairly high (around 25-30 ft in the air), and runs faster than most echidnas (with a top speed of about 120 mp/h.) 
Lastly, he's a skilled fighter with his twin blades, and has some form of invisibility.

Gear: In his deceptively spacious bags, he keeps varying ninja gear (what he has depends on what he needs on a given mission), but some constants are his Leucojum, some shuriken, a few kunai, and smoke bombs.

Strengths:
- Cold temperatures have virtually no effect on him, even with the kind of getup he wears.
- Fairly acrobatic; can be a hard target at times
- Decent reflexes, able to easily defend himself against fighters who don't quite know what they're doing.
- Flexible.
- Stealthy; he's able to run and land near-silently.
- Hard to shake, mentally; Unless you really manage to hit him where it hurts, his focus is a tough thing to break.

Weaknesses:
- Even though he's fast for an echidna, he's still not as fast as several Mobians, and wouldn't even be able to compare with the likes of Sonic or Shadow.
- While he can handle temperatures up to 95 or so degrees, any higher and he and his powers start to falter. In areas with lava or enough fire, his powers simply won't work and he'll become borderline incapacitated. 
- Due to a lack of knuckle spikes like Knuckles, he's unable to climb walls.
- Because he was raised by a clan with no echidnas and his mother never got a chance to teach him, he also doesn't know how to glide.
- Electricity can also briefly incapacitate him, messing him up worse than it would for most others.
- Somewhat overspecialized in fighting with his blades. While he's relatively competent in martial arts, he's not able to use them exclusively very well.
- In addition, while his "ice" powers have much potential, he currently uses them in a way that compliments his weapons and tools, with very little knowledge on applying them offensively.
- His invisibility has yet to be fully developed; while he's borderline undetectable standing still, the moment he starts moving, the air surrounding him begins to warp, which can be a problem if whoever's trying to find him has a keen eye.

Social information

Positive relations
- The people in his home village
- The clan of kunoichi and shinobi who raised him
- His mother, Piperi
Negative relations
- Dr. Eggman

History
Born on a far off island to a former ninja named Piperi, Mint spent his first year in the world in peace. However, something came up, and his mother had to return to work, leaving him in the care of the clan she ran with, known as Jasper, which worked within an expansive village not too far from Frog Forest, known as Toadleaf. From a young age, he was fascinated with the work the Jasper Kunoichi were doing, and when he was six, asked if he could start training to be a ninja. 
Although Jasper had very few shinobi, they happily trained him and supported him lovingly. He didn't get to see his mother a lot growing up, but she made a point of getting to spend at least a few days with him every year. Despite her lack of consistent presence, Mint has grown up to be a fairly adjusted individual, and is now carrying out missions for his village, in addition to providing assistance to those who need it. 
At some point close to the end of his childhood, he was made aware of the evils of Dr. Eggman, and has made a vow to never lose to him should he ever meet him.

mintechidna02

Back to top Go down

Mint the Echidna Empty Re: Mint the Echidna

Post by KingOfGames Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:06 am

Very cool character! Don't see that many with ice powers, or ninjas for that matter!
Looking forward to seeing him in action!
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by mintechidna02 Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:24 am

Haha, thanks! I feel like I balanced him relatively well..  Can't wait to start using him!

mintechidna02

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:40 am

I love the art! Did you draw them? :3

Edit: Yes you did. It says it right there.
Oops lmao
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:31 pm

Hey there Mido! I really like your character! I can tell you've put a lot of thought into them.

I also happened to notice that you said they can run around 120 mph. They might have to meet up with my main OC Rez sometime. They have a boost wisp partner, so a race in a casual roleplay I think would be very interesting!
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mintechidna02 Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:55 am

I think that'd be super fun, I might take you up on that!

mintechidna02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum