Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time stops for no one.

Go down

Time stops for no one. Empty Time stops for no one.

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:19 pm

*Located some where between Spagonia and Oasis city, under the late afternoon sun that trickled its rays of light through the lush green tree canopies, just outside of a place a familiar yet just as unfamiliar armoured figure who had called it his home for the better part of the last 6-7 years now seemingly enjoying the peace and tranquility the day brought. Propped up against the truck of a well aged tree the well equipped and gear figure was of course none other then Shrike, once a mere foot soldier of the global military super power. G.U.N, who's life would forever be altered in mere hours on one night forcing him to be in the position he now finds himself, a freelancer, and all he has to remind him of those days long passed is the uniform he still wore. As the day's light began to shift over to evening, the hue color changing to a more orange tone, he decided to reflect on what has happened and maybe what is too come, pen in hand and a small black covered note book in the other, he decides to keep a record of this, feeling that paper maybe more safe then risking a corrupted store file in his helmet.*

"Today has been one glorious one, quiet, not too cold and of course not blistering hot, if only it could remain as such more consistently I would be needing to swapping armor parts just to cope with it, but I am not here to give some random report on the weather, no today is exactly 6 years since the event that took place, forever changing the paths of myself and Lysander, It's hard to believe it's been that long. I always felt back then it seemed to have no  end, yet the night is always darkest before the dawn. 

How I survived through it all still baffles me too this very day, I still conclude there was a lot of luck involved, Lysanders planning obviously worked in our favor, guy is both a tactical and scientific genius. It was of no surprise he was hunted by Horizon so fiercely. Yet despite the odds against us in that dark time, we defied and overcame it, once and for all sinking that forsaken Corporation into the ground...where they belong. G.U.N took over the rest from then, mopped up any loose ends, arrested a great many and either seized or shut down any asset or complex held by those assholes once and for all exposing the horrific and dark secrets of the establishment.

So what was going to happen now ? Well I decided to not return to the G.U.N military, my faith had been wavered by the events that unfolded and failed to believe they did not know about the ongoings of Horizon, all 50 years of its existence. I opted to stay with Lysander for he too turned too a life to perhaps right his wrongs, being a former chief scientist he no doubt had seen both the very best....and worst to come out of Horizon.

With no other life too return too, this was about as good as we were going to get. However can not say all of those 6 years were always awful, in those desperate times I crossed paths with many others who either we helped or who helped us in return. Side by side we worked together to combat the threats around us. Some moved on to new lives, others started families and then those like myself just carried on with what we knew.

From the Aribis cascade too the Skirmish at Spagonia, rescue at Northamer and beyond I can't say it was a dull time, a dangerous time but one I will never forget, at least the good aspects of it. However life goes on and that is all in the past now, Horizon is gone, never again to bring hardship to the world. Our actions were often compared to that of hero's.....well I never saw myself as a hero, frankly any one suck in our position would of done the same, you would be amazed by the strength and courage you can find when you have been stripped of every thing and your back is against the wall.

I digress, no not a hero, just a man in the wrong place at the wrong time trying too survive. The real hero's are those who saved the world, those who take it too the good doctor himself and stop his evil rein of terror or those who even stop total annihilation of the planet. I ain't in that league. Just still trying to play soldier. 

Sure many folks as myself look to G.U.N is a bit of a mess, quite often making really poor or stupid choices, but when the enemies too our world came knocking and thinking it was going to be easy, they picked the wrong force to mess with. Being mostly comprised of humans, myself included they would find that stubbornness experience and refusal to go down quietly would mean they were going to be in for one hell of a throw down, in short...we don't keel over so easily. 

Course I'd had my fair share of those who disliked me simply due to my nature as human, as much as I would prefer to see unity in this world I feel that there will always be a divide of some magnitude. Hell even with in us alone there is divide. I suppose true harmony is not exactly possible for sentient life but I am entirely getting off topic.

The Horizon crisis is over and now I find myself staring out into the wide open blue sky wondering what the future holds, I...never really thought I'd make it this far...I didn't plan for any thing after this was all said and done....I haven't changed much but the world seems to go on regardless, I sometimes sit and think about returning to normal life and if it's even possible...where would I go...what would I do ? Where would I stay....How I'd do this or that....it's...hard...probably harder then what we had been through....you see back then it was dangerous but straight forward...we knew what we had to do...we knew our roles..our jobs...routine....and now it feels like...I have to start all over again....daunting would be a underrated term of what it feels like when these thoughts come to mind....I suppose I have a lot of time to think about the future to come....what with Lysander inadvertently slowing my aging system or in his terms "Happy side effect." I am going to be here for quite sometime.

It really is the end of chapter...but the start of another....maybe I will find a new life, maybe find a place in this world. Time stops for no one but I am still here, ready to go above and beyond till the very end."

*With that done he would promptly seal the note book raising his helmet covered head to the sun now sinking slowly beyond the horizon, a era has ended but perhaps another is only just about to start.*
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down