Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky

+9
Caliburn
Spekkal
Uncanny-Illustrator
spark tb
Knuxtiger4
Froshana
Mephiles the Dark
Electrisa
ChaoticBou
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Empty Re: Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky

Post by Mephiles the Dark Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:24 pm

I am definitely loving this run-through so far. ^_^ I'll be watching to see if there's anything good!
Mephiles the Dark
Mephiles the Dark
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

http://lozskullkid.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Empty Re: Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky

Post by Whip~ Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:26 am

You know, despite the awkward syntax and pretty bare-bones story, this seems like a really good 4th-Gen reinsert~ =3
Are the types separate from special/attack in this mod? =o
Also I'm STEALING THIS IDEA FROM YOU AND DOING IT TOO TRY AND STOP ME NYEH HEH HEH HEH HEH

HEH
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:35 am

TIMBURR IS GOOD POKEMON I AM HAPPY WITH THIS YES

*Sings Ke$ha*....
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 9yJfTwy
LET'S CONTINUE THIS, I want to do at least 1 a day if possible I mean I know I did 3 yesterday, but I was bored, so hush. Either way, we're back on track, in a new area where we have no idea what to expect! Midknight was already obtained here, so no warbeasts here.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 DJzllJS
Well, there wasn't anything up top except a trainer, and I'll need HMCut to go wherever that place is. Sooo to the left we go! 

But before that... if some of you paid attention, we have the inevitable evolution coming up!;
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 H6JQytq
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 FSNLR7Q
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 AZbHDNr
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 X17ZV2Z
Hell yeah! We finally have another powerhouse back! Now I have more of a chance of scorching and burning people to death, rather than just igniting their clothes on fire!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 SiZADhX
...Well. This doesn't lead anywhere. At all. And there's no downwards path to take either. This is blocked off. This is entirely pointless. Though I have a sneaking... suspicion cause I've played this section before in another save file that... this involves...
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 BLUYJxt
Backtracking.
If you remember, there was a guy here who was looking at dirt because of reasons. And he's gone now! ...I'm quite sure the game gives very little indication of this, and I'm grateful I remember this, cause otherwise I'd be lost and confused and be wandering around for ages. So yeah, all the way back to ASGORE town. A new path has been opened. What was that dirtbag hiding from us?

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 ZfyWsdl
Ah yes, a new route. Which means...
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Lg0qcqq
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 BPAZlel
NEW TEAM-MEAT! Hello Mephiles! A terrifying name for such an adorable bug! Unfortunately, the party is full right now, but you'll be joining us as soon as someone dies! So you better hope someone kicks the bucket soon so you can take their place and have their past sins crawling on your back! <3

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 XYiIxUq
And that's really it. It's a boring route. A path of grass and water to the side. Whoo. A few trainers, but they're hardly threats. Though what this DOES lead to is a forest!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 57YXoaA
Generic Forest #1! Oh, er, I mean Bee-Bug Forest!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Jk0TntU
Oh and apparently Celebi is a Hero who defends the 'forrest'. And there's a statue dedicated to them. Who wants to take bets that we'll come across Celebi in this game? It's not like we've encountered 4 other legendaries so far.

Anyway, NEW TEAM-MEAT.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 GJ8kBx0
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Hq8LFSX
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 NvYlfVk
Finally! Something cool and awesome! Unfortunately, I'm going by a rule that only allows me to replace pokemon in order of when I get them, so I can't switch in Whip straight away! Oh uh, someone just kinda keel over for a little bit so I can get ahold of a STEAMROLLER BUG.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 XbHUNqC
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 HJvxvnz
Guess what TM I'll probably be getting next. First two don't count.

Oh, and someone else evolved! Darwin would be proud!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 LYhcjSF
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 AViEHz2
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 9VgaKDJ
BATTLE PIDGEON IS READY FOR BATTLE. As if Spark couldn't get any more useful, he's quickly becoming one of the best members of the team! Cool!

Oh, and I'd like to take a short break here to point something out;
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 2gEhAo0
I have not bought a single item the entire game.
Electrisa's and Dregan's pick-up abilities are amazing and I'm stocked for ages. They may be a bit weak, but I'd be a lot more paranoid without them scrounging about in the trash for leftover unwanted dirt! Great job, you filthy animals!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 V2DFAVv
That's a really impressive tree. Shame I couldn't take the first encounter for a catch cause I already have Whip. It was only a Seedot anyway.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 ALem6X0
This is a route we've already visited technically BUT STILL, ADVENTU-...
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 R14SDYV
...*SCREAMING IN FEAR*
I was hoping Boubka would wake up from sleep, but the thing kept Fury-Cutting me! Oh lord, I'm so glad Bou isn't dead, oh god. This was too close for comfort. Oh, and for clarification, that's a trainer pokemon, not a wild pokemon.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 JrSeVyi
He's fine though. c:

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 3XRWnLb
And a flower shop before the route ends! It was just one of the standard ones from Hoenn, and I got a Wailmer Pail from it. Which I have no need for, since I'm just taking berries and leaving anyway because I'm a selfish monster.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 TmdTqfT
New town! Plactepics City! I'll give you an update of all the noteworthy things here, but before I get the chance, I get interrupted by someone rude who can't look after themselves.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Z6ZJdis
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 IbJB3rC
...And depends on the help of a 10 year old with a single gym badge to take care of a criminal organisation with an awful reputation. Everyone's either stupid, delusional, or both. My bet's on both.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 BROIrbN
I can now rename things, so I can just have people claim pokemon now rather than just take them as they come! Huzzah! I mean I doubt I'll be getting many people now, but still.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 B2pktdV
Got a Quick Claw and gave it to Midknight!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 9tM7OjM
Move Tutor I can't use!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 BvYAHVa
TM for Flash! Let's put it on a poke-
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 ENOVW7Z
No.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 X3ZQ5Hm
NEW T-okay you all know the drill at this point. New area, new team member. I have no-one to name it by, so I'll just be shoving 'em in the box for far future use!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 WRkZfUr
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 A3MirQQ
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 MldLw4z
That's actually a really good pokemon! I just wish I had something else though - Whip is already gonna be my main poison type for the future, if people die.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 ZsdmyqF
Oh, and I got the TM for Headbutt too! Or was it a Tutor? I can't remember.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 X6QVmUP
New route, new me.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 LpEiO2z
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 AE1RxEI
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Rc6o9bY
STOP GIVING ME POISON TYPES. I HAVE LIKE 3 NOW. OH MY GOD.

Right, continuing right, I came across a trainer battle. Couldn't be that bad, right?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Ofc9eDr
!!!!!!!!!!!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 1sJVPvv
NO.
I WAS DOING SO WELL.
BOUBKA...! YOU WERE ONLY 1 LEVEL AWAY FROM EVOLVING!
NO! NOOOOOOOO!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 CsoLxSX

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 9Yw2Ull

---

Current Team:

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 005Burning (Charmeleon) Level 16 (Scratch, Rage, Ember, Smokescreen)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 400Dregan (Bibarel) Level 17 (Water Gun, Rollout, Defence Curl, Headbutt)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 017Spark (Pidgeotto) Level 18 (Tackle, Quick Attack, Gust, Featherdance)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 052Electrisa (Meowth) Level 18 (Scratch, Growl, Bite, Fury Swipes)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 532Midknight (Timburr) Level 17 (Low Kick, Leer, Focus Energy, Rock Throw)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 401Mephiles (Kricketot) Level 8 (Growl, Bide, String Shot)

PC Pokemon:
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 543 Whip (Venipede)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 32??? (Nidoran)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 568??? (Trubbish)

The Deceased (RIP):
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 261Boubka (Poochyena) Level 3 - 17
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:29 pm

so tragic
Boubka's death AND your photoshoping skills
RIP PUPPYWOLF

AND WELCOME DELELELELELELE WHOOOP
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:31 pm

R.I.P Boubka, we knew you for so long!
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:49 pm

Whilst I am flattered to be becoming one of the best team members

I regret commenting so early because that trubish is CLEARLY ME. MY SPIRIT POKEMON NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

oh yeah and Bou died or summin'? Rip that guy, he'll be missed.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephiles the Dark Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:06 pm

RIP Boubka... So tragic! 
And me as a Kricketot? I hope I do well...
Mephiles the Dark
Mephiles the Dark
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:29 pm

RIP Boubka. May you forever rest in died.
Though hey, it looks like you're really shaping up to be the next Poison Gym Leader! ;D
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:22 am

Rip bobkay. The pink kirby wannabe was too much for you. ;v;
HEre's hoping Mephiles dies ne-- does well.
Does well. That's what I was saying. c:
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:21 am

@Everyone: Thanks for all these comments! This sorta stuff really motivates me to continue, so I really appreciate it!

---

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 X1Oo2Hl
I killed that damned trainer good. RIP Dogmeat Boubka. Also Dregan levelled up and finally learned a water move. Thank god. I was worrying that he'd be dead to me. But no, he's still useful. He's the only damned water type I have.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 M55Ng3r
And our current team! Everyone's sorta at semi-even levels, so there's no-one missing out other than Burn to an extent, and our new team member, Mephiles. As to be expected, it's time to do some grinding!

Ah, and in the middle of that, we have another evolution!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 LnwE8Du
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 UVNdwZK
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 YYb3NWQ
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 7EM1SPk
DELELELE WHOOOOOOP~!
The only issue I have with Meph is that, well, they literally have no fighting attacks other than Bide. And fun fact; Meph doesn't learn any until level 17. There was a lot of switching out, but eventually, Meph learnt Slash. That wasn't until much later in this update, but I'm mentioning it here for the sake of convenience.

And have some things of interest in this route!;

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 UxppqiD
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 YrI8TVI
You didn't even label a price.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 NzQFeN4
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Yk3ZbDe
Avoiding the obvious joke, and the lack of speech marks at the end of that quote, I'm going in to explore, yeeaah! To Water Cave! New team member, go!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 IXYEReq
Finally! A different typing! The best thing about this ROM hack is that trading evolutions are instead level-up evolutions, so this pokemon can actually be used to its fullest potential! Huzzah!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 SH3iZ4J
...Oh yeah. I don't have Boubka anymore. And he was my main source of rock-smashing. I don't want to give that to Dregan just yet - I'd prefer him to have any water type HMs and also Strength. So therefore...
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Cp7XTGD
Sorry, Elec! I'm sure you'll do well beating rocks with your face!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 M5cb1TW
...And this is as far as I'll be able to go. I don't want to risk getting lost. I'll come back as soon as I acquire Flash.

With all this in mind, I don't have much else to do. Everyone's at even-enough levels, so I think I'm ready to continue in this adventure and plot! Yaaaayyy...! To the Research Center, awaaaay!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 EFaQ7K0
I'm so excited.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Yo2mZI0
Oh boy.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 NGEeLV3
Whoo-hoo.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 PUNPpXC
Oh yeah.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 ENqxRaq
Oh hey actual things are going on here. Anyone else care and wanna see the absolutely amazing dialogue that's soon to come with it? I'm very excited to see just how terrifying and well-written these villains will be.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 HLJChrY
Legendary count: +1
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 T3jvhpX
YOU SURE TOLD HIM, MR PRESIDENT!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 CDhT7Ww
Oh well actually I kinda just strolled in here. Your team just used weak pokemon one-at-a-time instead of actually using their strength and fists on a small child Oh and for an 'invasion' there was only like 3 of you per floor and only 1 was willing to fight me. So. Really this is your fault, not mine.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Vff2CtQ
lol those names
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 SMQjNQZ
What? No. I want to take their outfits. I never agreed to this. I don't care if they stay here - I have no emotional attachment to this riveting story.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Pfdc5g2
Team Magma's leader, everybody. Everyone give him a round of applause.

Okay, so I guess it's time to fight these oddballs?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 NIRefm8
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 PD6kwP4
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 H9Ir4Jl
Grrr.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 4KMHOHM
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 K3a3jdj
Okay but I WANT THAT GET-UP. GIMME. Like, that cloak is amazing. And that shirt. And basically I will give you all my pokemon just for that outfit. ...No? Dammit.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 NaaNjBT
I want to make a note here. This was a step-up in difficulty. It wasn't terrifying, but this heatmor was interesting. Cause they had a custom move; 'Fire Dance'. Causes damage, and caused their Speed, Attack, Special Attack and Special Defence to all rise with each usage. Needless to say, I was terrified. It didn't take long to go down as I thought, but it was still interesting and makes me wary for the future.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 GdvZN9V
same
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 WVu2zyc
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 DAb0zFa
I genuinely have no commentary on their dialogue. Everyone's written so awfully, it's hilarious. I can't take any of this seriously. Even the assistant here is like some sort of robot with no actual emotion. It's great. Beep boop.
Oh, and the president gave me a Pokenav. Finally.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 P19ujS6
And I can't go in here. I'm suspicious. Very suspicious. Maybe one day.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Ot83m6Z
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 EEsLkyD
Suuuuucks.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 UEbjQ2h
Oh, and this item too. Good.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 DMvntm8
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 S41x3l3
I also find it interesting that the dialogue for these NPCs didn't change after Team Magma left. And I like the last guy, cause it sounds like he doesn't even know what he's supposed to do for his job. He didn't even know he was hired until today. He's so lost. Someone help this man.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 TNzE95c
HOENN CONFIRMED.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 A8HEET7
#quality

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 H9c7mKm
Aaaand there you have it! No pokemon recap today at the bottom, because it's late and I'm tired, and I know the commentary was dying there, but again, it's late and I'm tired.
Soooo see you all tomorrow for another update, aaand thanks for commenting!
ilu guys <3
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:06 am

Team magma please
you are meant to be big threatening villains pls no.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:28 am

Wait, Bidoofasaurus (or whatever it's evolution is called) is a Water type? I am can Pokemon.

Meph is best Pokemon.

ROGGENROLA, one of my faves of the more recent pokeymans!

Maxie is best leader of all time.

Ball shop... refusing to sell... Pokeballs...
HOW DO THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY?
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephiles the Dark Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:40 am

Oh look...I evolved! Yay! Very Happy It looks like I'm faring well with this run-through so far. :3
Mephiles the Dark
Mephiles the Dark
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:44 am

Man, that Team Magma, making demands and threats without so much as an exclamation point.
They are so polite and courteous. c:
Still, at least you seem to be leveling without a problem. That's good. =3
But seriously I hope the translation job gets better at some point?? MAYBE???
It's such a good conversion mod that it kills me how bare the story is. XD
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:26 am

Woah, my HP SUCKS.
Ah well at least I can help by beating up rocks 8D AND THAT IS SOMETHING I LIKE DOING, YEEEEEEEAAAAH

And much threat. So shop. Such legit. VERY Magma.
Wow.
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:07 pm

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 C6kzSYF
Right, I've delayed the inevitable for long enough. I suppose it's time for me to actually fight the second gym. I'm prepared, I'm ready, and I'm up for beating face!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Aj9Varc
...Or not. She isn't even there. Great. Time to go out on a hunt for this mysterious lady. Oh, and sir, you're missing a 'the' in your sentence there.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Iy925SX
If people don't know what this is, this is basically a series of battles where I have to fight 4 team members all at once without any breaks. This was introduced in Ruby/Sapphire and they've kinda just pasted it here.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 5s9c7VL
...Though I did have a bit of issue with this bulky kitty-cat. Attract and Facade are very annoying, and the latter deals stupid amounts of damage with STAB (same type attack bonus). So yeah, no-one died, but it was still quite close and I had to do a lot of switching and healing to take this one down.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 3dlI185
And I got a Macho Brace for my troubles! This... is useless on a Nuzlocke and I can't afford to utilise it. Essensially, it increases EVs of pokemon, at the cost of lowering their speed in battle. And I can't afford that decreased speed for a few extra digits upon level-up.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 GloP2CU
Oh, last update I forgot to mention that from the Research place, I got an item called the B-Ticket. I was confused by what it did and assumed a ferry or something. Buuut turns out the B stands for Bike, and I got a free bike out of it. Nice. Chances are I need this to find the bloody gym leader.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 ClB2sVE
DOOT DOOT. COMIN' THROUGH.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 9Ch0zN9
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 VBRXKKu
You're not the gym leader. Moving on.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 RBNVBw9
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 S1EueKs
Are YOU the gym leader? Your sprite is different.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 U9p0ZYx
Okay good. There she is. She said something about the house being mysterious, but more importantly, I can actually fight her at last! BACK TO THE GYM WE GO!
Though first.
I have issue here. With who she is. And I'll get to that now, rather than do it in the middle of the fight. Because see, Caitlin is already developed as a high-ranked member of the elite 4 in Unova.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 080 See? Look how pretty she is!
Plus, she's a psychic-type elite 4. What is this NORMAl type business? This is not the Caitlin I know. Like I imagine the hack was made before Unova was announced, but still! How dare you, game!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 C6kzSYF

Anyway yeah gym time I guess.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 OLpun3d
Shout-out to this trainer who had more than 5 potions on her, and constantly used them to heal up that damned Audino. I didn't even know trainers had that many potions. It was hell, and I want to slap her.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 FeEg7F7
Even levels make Spekkal very happy.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 6kMQ9BG
Let's do this.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 LHmsg6c
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 P4tpwFJ
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 CzqqVxw
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 QCWXl3j

/VS LEADER CAITLIN/
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 KHM4hTA

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 LvqsQr8
And of course Midknight is taking the lead for this fight. She opens up woth a Happiny, which is noted to be very bulky. However, it's also quite heavy...
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 HcofLPg
...Which means that Low Kick makes quick work of it before it even has a chance to blink. Now for the next pokemon, which caught me entirely by surprise.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Cxk66NT
A shiny Lopunny. I expected something like this, but I didn't expect it to be sickeningly pink. I was starting to have doubts here. After all, it was fully evolved. And, more importantly;
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 QOe3mV7
It had a custom moveset that I couldn't properly predict. Toxic was an odd move - I expected Attract. And trust me, it used that later. It was a sickening combo, and I had to switch out to avoid Midknight from dying.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 WY58VsN
I was abusing the Super Potions that Pick-Up had given me. But each time I managed to get it low, it would be healed back up. I had to deal with a sitrus berry and various countered super potions just to get through.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 ICJV55s
Thankfully, it went down in the end. I was worried about keeping Mid in there, but I stayed strong and kept up hope. He was doing really well and holding the team - I was sure that he could hang in for a few more turns. Plus, I assumed the worst of the threats was gone. That must have been her special pokemon, after all. I just expected to see it last.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 M3TSZTw
I didn't expect so much competition from a NORMAl type gym-leader, but her team was surprisingly tough. This thing had stupid defences, and could tank my Low Kicks like no tomorrow. I ended up resorting to Seismic Tosses, that did a tiny bit more.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 SvhRRIO
I got rid of the poison, but I was worrying. Shock Wave was doing a fair bit of damage, and I was Attracted to it. It was incredibly tedious, and each time I thought I'd get the winning blow, Caitlin kept healing it back up.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 2grgSD1
But finally, it went down. And it was her last pokemon.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 RslQp5V
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 MxlA3aR

/LEADER CAITLIN DEFEATED - GYM BADGE OBTAINED/

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 L4h19bl
After finally being able to use Flash, and getting the badge and TMAttract which will forever gather dust, I was on my way to being the strongest trainer ever, and one step closer to world domination. Oh, and she added me to my Pokenav for some reason. She was a bit obsessed with me the entire time. It's weird.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 NJH03Yj
And that was today done! Got some level-ups, got a new gym badge, and next time I'll be exploring new areas, and the dark section of Water Cave! Huzzah! Things weren't as bad as I thought they'd be, and no-one's died!

---

Current Team:

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 005Burning (Charmeleon) Level 20 (Scratch, Rage, Ember, Smokescreen)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 400Dregan (Bibarel) Level 20 (Water Gun, Rollout, Defence Curl, Headbutt)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 017Spark (Pidgeotto) Level 20 (Tackle, Quick Attack, Gust, Featherdance)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 052Electrisa (Meowth) Level 20 (Scratch, Rock Smash, Bite, Screech)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 532Midknight (Timburr) Level 22 (Low Kick, Seismic Toss, Bulk Up, Rock Throw)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 402Mephiles (Kricketune) Level 20 (Slash, Bide, Focus Energy, Sing)

PC Pokemon:
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 543 Whip (Venipede)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 32??? (Nidoran)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 568??? (Trubbish)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 524??? (Roggenrola)

The Deceased (RIP):
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 261Boubka (Poochyena) Level 3 - 17
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:20 pm

Oh my god why is it so pink
my eyes oh god my eyes why
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:58 am

The lore and setting they are trying to build up feels so all over the place, mostly with the smaller details like this leader. WHAT EVEN IS GOING ON.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:11 pm

You all hating on Shiny Lopunny and I'm sitting here like damn that's one of my fav shiny 'Mons ever D; 

BUT GO ME WHOOPING BUTT WITH MY CHUNK STICK
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:13 pm

Can we just take a moment to appreciate and compare? I mean, just... THIS;
is meant to be THIS;
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 080

Just let that sink in for a while.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:17 pm

Midknight wrote:You all hating on Shiny Lopunny and I'm sitting here like damn that's one of my fav shiny 'Mons ever D; 
Not hating on the colour, hating on it being a shiny ;D

Dregbutt wrote:Can we just take a moment to appreciate and compare? I mean, just... THIS;
is meant to be THIS;
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 080

Just let that sink in for a while.
And well yeah. But if you look at the godawful recolouring on the protag trainer sprite, you can see the general quality here. Sigh.
But eh, I will give 'em props that they tried. They've done a far better hack than I could ever do. And as far as I know, it's entirely complete too.
BUT STILL, C'MON GAME
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:20 pm

It's less the quality, more the drabness of the sprite. Like you have the official psychic trainer in all her awesomeness. And their interpretation is...
She has a yellow dress, and (I think) flowers in her hair?
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:36 pm

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 AyYJdvy
Welp, Burn is the only one who can learn HMFlash. Which sucks. Time to actually shove something down his throat that isn't my disappointment over slow levelling.
With Flash obtained, let's take a look what was within Water Cave!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 IdY8WFj
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 ENnvng4
It was actually rather disappointing. Got a PPUp but other than that, not much. You can also get Sneasel here, which sucks cause I'd like one for my team, but I cannot have. I'll be popping by here when I have HMSurf.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 N6XdEyF
Okay, with that out of the way, we can actually explore what's going on here. Apparently the guard only allows those with Flash to continue? Judgemental morons. Regardless, a new path has awoken!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 9ZWSDOH
help i can walk on top of this rock

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 IqtbQXO
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 BaLaowP
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 VU3Lqzx
And that 'new path' very quickly lead to a cave. Dark Cave. Which is very unoriginal. It's like calling a river 'Blue River' or a mountain 'Mount Rock'. Though Mount Rock sounds like a really cool name for a band. Oh, and-
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 SHtJhQv
-We got a new team member to aggressively shove into the PC! If anyone wants to claim this bugger, they can. As for the cave? Very linear. There wasn't anywhere to explore, as the path required HMSurf and HMStrength. But I imagine what's in there will be pretty sweet!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Mt25v2d
And a new area, and a new team member! Again! Really piling on a lot at this point, but I'm not complaining. MORE AMMO FOR THE DEATH-CANNON THAT IS MY INCOMPETENCE!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Xg1t4pQ
You're staying in the box forever. You're useless.

Oh, and I'd just like to record an event I came across while exploring and battling trainers;
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 SDC7boP
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 9fY7322
Basically where Spekkal has a heart attack and screams a lot in fear. Burn could have died. Burn could have died, and so would I.

And now to record routes and paths, because I can't be bothered to commentary on it all, because it's all pretty boring! Montage of areas... AWAY!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 113AGq6
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Xx6oLW4
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 M1GajCd
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 O1BWYDe
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 Lia7qhD
Aaaand here we are! Like I said, it was all rather boring and not much happened. No close calls, just a maze of fences and pokemon battles. Though now, we enter a volcano! Thankfully, I had Dregan ready to deal with any pesky fire types, and hopefully this'll lead us to getting a new party member I can use!
Also this game is the worst at names. Small Town. Water Cave. Dark Cave. Fiery Mountain. It's amazing.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 BYG23Fr
Oh boy, I wonder what fire type I'll-
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 ROfuvYS
NEVERMIND, IT'S ANOTHER POISON TYPE.

Oh, and for audience's sake, there WAS a path to go downwards when I was exploring that new grassy area from beyond the cave - it was north from the cycling road. However...
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 U15RDI0
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 JVTV5ks
Yeah, I can't go that way until I nab myself some Go-Goggles. So for now, that place is off-limits. At least less branching paths means I don't get confused on where to go.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 MHQwlQr
New city! Teaes City! ...WHY ARE ALL THE CITIES SO AWKWARDLY NAMED. I swear they're named just cause they look exotic with all those vowels mushed together. What's next, Sahfoeaugih City? Big Town?

Speaking of unnecessary...
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 JEcs1W8
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 7t2h6mZ
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 OyEpkR6
Guess how this goes?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 TzCujuv
Yeah, pretty much.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 J8ASoZl
Oh, and he gave me the Go-Goggles. Which means that the sandstorm area is where I need to go next. Which means I absolutely 100% am not going there next. Time to delay the inevitable!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 RHOisIT
And for the curious, I can't go in the gym yet. I dunno why my character can't just hop over the tiny blockades around it, then walk in. But okay. If you wanna make things difficult and fetch-quest-y, then fine.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 KaD3bvX
BEACH TIME
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 FysEEm9
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 CMr0gKr

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
SUDDEN DEATH FROM A CRIT
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'M SO SORRY FOR MY INCOMPETENCE, ELEC.

Well, this is all sorts of depressing.

---

Current Team:

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 005Burning (Charmeleon) Level 23 (Scratch, Flash, Ember, Smokescreen)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 400Dregan (Bibarel) Level 24 (Water Gun, Rollout, Yawn, Headbutt)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 017Spark (Pidgeotto) Level 24 (Twister, Quick Attack, Gust, Featherdance)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 532Midknight (Timburr) Level 24 (Low Kick, Seismic Toss, Bulk Up, Rock Throw)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 402Mephiles (Kricketune) Level 24 (Slash, Bide, Focus Energy, Sing)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 543Whip (Venipede) Level 9 (Rollout, -, -, -)

PC Pokemon:
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 32??? (Nidoran)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 568??? (Trubbish)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 524??? (Roggenrola)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 527??? (Woobat)

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 311??? (Plusle)

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 88??? (Grimer)

The Deceased (RIP):
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 261Boubka (Poochyena) Level 3 - 17
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 2 52Electrisa (Meowth) Level 8 - 23

Last edited by Spekkal on Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:41 pm

f
from a
beach ba t tle
and a highest lvl
...I am gonna be judging you from Poke-heaven, Tank D<
JUDGING YOU SO HARD
(although can't wait for Whip to evolve into a magnificent poison bug yes good)
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum