Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky

+9
Caliburn
Spekkal
Uncanny-Illustrator
spark tb
Knuxtiger4
Froshana
Mephiles the Dark
Electrisa
ChaoticBou
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Empty Re: Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky

Post by Whip~ Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:10 pm

HEhehee, holy crap thank goodness Whip survi--
Spekkal wrote:Opening up with a Doof Elekid!
torielglaring.png

Still, I'm glad Wattson went down with a lossless run at least. Even if he sounds absolutely infuriating. >v>;
Still, he's hilariously powerful for the third Gym Leader. I expected 30 to be hilariously high for that fight, but... nope.
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Empty Re: Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:46 am

Finally non are lost in a fierce battle.
Lets hope it stays like that for a while now 8D
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by damnnothere Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:05 pm

Ohmygod this is solid gold, totally gonna stalk this thread from now on ❤ Looking forward to Flannery because wow that fight is hell for me
damnnothere
damnnothere

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:40 pm

Doof from now on is the official name of Elekid. Eledoof.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:25 pm

So uh. It's been a while, hasn't it? I will admit, before this did, I did genuinely type up an update. Ooonly to somehow press 'back' via keyboard, leading me to losing the post I'd written up. So I have the images and everything, just uh, I can't remember what happened with some. Which is particularly bad because it also involved a gym battle.
Ha ha, shit, my bad, yo. So I'll try to keep doing at this, because I'm quite well-off and I feel like doing rom hacks again.
Speaking of! You should totally check out Whip's Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed!
So, let's... uhh, try and make sense of these images!

---

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 VeUwoxl
Going East, I came across a new town - Habutest Town! There wasn't much here admittedly, bar a really small Secret Power market which you find in Slateport in the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games. If anything, this place was merely to inctroduce this person;
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 KYJwesE
You have a big trouble. Is it that you simply cannot grammar for the life of you, cap'n? The gist here is that he can't get into his house because blatant rubble is in the way. Thank god for our Rock Smash / Strength HM slaves!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 CcgdVXV
And instantly, he offers to take us to a new location, which is fantastic! I'd say I've gotten bored of past locations, but it's been so long that I can't even remember what happened. So just nod your head and smile.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 W8hSQdx
Y'know, for a captain, I expected an actual ship. Y'know, rather than er... both of us riding on the back of a lapras. That doesn't really qualify for being a captain, I'll be honest. It just makes you a pokemon trainer who can use surf. And if you're charging people for this then I want in on that business. Where do I sign up.
...Wait none of my pokemon know surf? Shit. I really am ridiculously early into the game, aren't I?

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 5dZzMMf
Anyway! New icy city! Searound! Let's just get the montage of interesting things out the way, shall we? There's a gym here, but we'll leave that until last.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 KNZUDD1
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 7uugfqH
Well great, we have to deal with these idiots. I mean, from the way they're blocking the path, that's going to be SOME sort of important area. I'm just annoyed that I can't beat their faces in with my nidoking.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 LNpA07W
And, minus the gym and the underground, this is the only other place of interest. The rest is filled with houses that aren't very interesting, and NPCs that spout standard dialogue.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 BLwpY5s
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 D1H6i3y
My favourite part about this is that the museum owners must be LOADED by now, considering it's swarmed downstairs with aqua rats. Like sure, villain team, but they still had to pay like everyone else.
Oh, and villains yelling out their plans in front of the protagonist cliche. Always a classic.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 EuIUKF2
Spoilers: I beat them.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 YOJum3F
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 FNUFkpR
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 PrfQl2a
Spoilers: I beat her too.

So eventually Archie shows up and does the usual shtick that we've all seen in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald in the museum, and then he leaves because he's terrified of us totally. Needless to say, they're pretty underwhelming for a villain team.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 RKiRYMj
And with their beatdown, they fled! Leaving the Underground open for exploration! Onwards! For procrastination and avoiding the gyyymmm!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 RkXf9Io
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 EQbxf49
So I forgot about this. Cut isn't Cut, but instead Air Cutter. Which makes it honestly so much better. A pleasant and forgettable surprise, and the best part is that Froshana, the nidoking, can learn it! Extra type coverage get!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 DPbuKhf
Oh and Spark almost dies and I shit myself.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 WwWmjVi
MOTHERFU-
Okay fine. Looks like plot demands we do the gym before we progress.
TO THE GYM!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Q57BRSn
Iceman, iceman, baby~

I will specify now that I can't remember how this fight went. At all. It's been several months and I just cannot remember the movesets of Price's pokemon. So unfortunately, and I honestly apologise, but I'll just be giving the fight in quick images. I cannot remember for the life of me what transpired all those months ago. Uh. Whoops. So my bad!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 UDXQ9B6
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 5EyC9lI
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 0knetdj
I don't get that. Fighting monsters to attack and maul each other is the equivalent of a conversation between two people? Well if that's the case, I hope you appreciate being set on fire. It means I love you.

/VS LEADER PRYCE/
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 OytAJZt

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 OyhN7cV
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 7cN87Nb
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 VcIiU8v
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 PgSE6vf
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 6bJZ8ck
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 P8jPSNk
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 YwLuIlR
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Oxo8NoB

/LEADER PRYCE DEFEATED - GYM BADGE OBTAINED/

So yeah, sorry for the lack of commentary. Like I said, I couldn't remember the fight that well, and it was pretty damned easy considering I had Burn and Midknight. It was a slaughterhouse, except if slaughterhouses were made of ice. And were on fire. So it was like... a melting slaugherhouse. Which was also a waste of money.
You get the idea.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 J3jhmxy

You mean Air Cutter? Also, this late into the game with my 4th badge and only NOW i can use Cut? LAAAAME.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 S6Uy5Xv
And progress awaits.

Sorry for this being such a sloppy update, I didn't have much to go on. I'll be missing out on the standard team update with this one, and I'll get back to my usual routine with the next. We're all caught up, thank goodness, and we can now actually continue this damned adventure! Huzzah!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:38 pm

Can we just talk about how your money is in the fricken triple digits?
Like holy cra p. I don't think I've ever accrued that much money in a canon Pokemon game. ovo;

Also Burning, way to earn your keep man holy crap. owo
Though it looks like he took a bit of damage during that boss battle. Good thing you kept him alive. CX

I'm just mad though because Pryce has a cute team wtf gimme. 
And finally, with Pryce here, this region's gym leaders are all an amalgamation of previous regions' gyms. Pryce was the Ice-type leader in Gen II, so... owo
At least his sprites look better than Caitlyns. XD
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:16 pm

Mr. April would've had a much bigger trouble if he was inside his house when the rocks fell. RIP.

Also;
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 EuIUKF2
Is this the Team Aqua grunts declaring their own inability to defeat you prior to battle?

Oh, and last thing... why have a random dude to block your progress unless you have the Ice Badge? Like, the Ice Badge lets you use Cut. JUST PUT A TREE IN THE WAY OUTSIDE, IT MAKES SO MUCH MORE PROGRESSIONAL SENSE.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:47 pm

You could've finished the game already if I still was alive.

DO YOU FEEL THE GUILT?!

Last edited by CyanFoxboy on Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:24 pm

Whippenator wrote:Can we just talk about how your money is in the fricken triple digits?
Like holy cra p. I don't think I've ever accrued that much money in a canon Pokemon game. ovo;
Admittedly, I haven't really been spending it on anything. So uh. Whoops? 8D

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 KshEU7K
Okay right off the bat I have questions after exiting the underground. Because it apparently just opens up to some dude's house. Like I'm not even kidding this just has to be this dude's home, it has a TV and drawers and everything. And this is the only want to get to this island, bar surfing.
So is this dude okay with people coming and going from his place? Is the door open at all times? I mean, plus, it's connected to an Underground with some not-very-nice folk. How have they not destroyed and looted the place? Is this man even safe?
I'm so confused on why they didn't just make it a standard exit??
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 QMfvJw8
It's literally a blizzard out there. I mean I imagine you're talking about the place I'm now at which is an entirely  different island, but like, I haven't see out there so I wouldn't know. And I'm still worried for this man's safety.

Dreganator wrote:Oh, and last thing... why have a random dude to block your progress unless you have the Ice Badge? Like, the Ice Badge lets you use Cut. JUST PUT A TREE IN THE WAY OUTSIDE, IT MAKES SO MUCH MORE PROGRESSIONAL SENSE.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 0HbSgop
Don't worry, they did that too. So I don't understand why the man was there to begin with WHEN THERE WERE ALREADY TREES BLOCKING THE WAY. I AM SO CONFUSED BY THE GAME'S OBSTRUCTION METHODS. Plus like, having the badge to go to another place is dumb. What if you just wanted to visit family? Nope. Better hope you have that badge, fucker, otherwise you'll never see your family ever again.

And now for the obligatory round-up of what's on the island!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 2gaOcoL
Why do I have to swap it in exchange for my macro bike? Why can't I have both? Why is it making things so difficult?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 9hHIYv4
I swear he lived in Verdanturf Town in Hoenn but ok
Also it's his house. Wally's house. His parents live with him.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Syi5UQd
I can't tell if the game is being serious or if it's trying to make a Where's Wally joke. Either way, Wally is mentioned far too much in such a short span of time, and I left the house quickly seeing as there was nothing else for me here.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 VLRCnHV
Finally a rod! Not sure if I had one beforehand, but now I do! MORE BATTLE SLAVES.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 VQLiaz0
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 EIW8nUj
And going right leads to Route W. Now I'm confused, but shouldn't I be able to hop up here? Only, I can't seem to scale up this cliffside despite having an acro bike. Unless I'm remembering the bike mechanics wrong. Which I probably am. Because seriously who actually used an acro bike instead of a macro bike? If you're saying you did, you're a liar. You're a liar and you should be ashamed.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 MUmZnRt
Oh and now for actual plot stuff I guess. I forget what the plot even is at this point. It's been a while, and it's just been kind of flushed out of my head. All I remember is too many legendaries, a shaymin, and the rest beyond that is a blur.
BUT ENOUGH ON THAT, WHO WANTS SOME QUALITY DIALOGUE?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 UvdY31m
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 WaDBRcm
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 E4z8bHN
Absolutely classic. Seriously, this is absurd and almost surreal. I don't even need to nitpick or tear this apart, just... look at it. AND THERE'S MORE TO COME, FOLKS.
So Wally wants us to find the Magma building which is hidden somewhere on this island. Considering they've been incredibly elusive up to this point, I imagine they're hidden very we-
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 1FClXLu
i cannot believe this shit
You have the Magma base of operations being the biggest goddamned building on the island, and no-one bothered to storm in UNTIL NOW? This is... dumb. This is so dumb. How the hell does this just slide by. How the hell do you build this discreetly. This is stupid. This is stupid and I hate it. 
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Lxnvyja
No seriously this place is pretty big. It has built-in teleporters and everything. I cannot believe for a second that no-one looked at that GIANT MAGMA BUILDING WITH AN 'M' ON IT AND A SIGN OUTSIDE SAYING 'MAGMA BUILDING' and went 'hm maybe this is a bad idea maybe we should contact the authorities or maybe the champion huh'.
Okay, whatever. Let's just get this over with. Skipping to the inevitable admin encounter!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 PyOlFcO
Boy I sure hope they don't talk about plot-related details loudly in front of us. That'd be really convenient for us.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 TnB36hF
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 MD86fLt
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 JsHqOnN
Are you sure this is the Magma building and not, y'know, the redundancy department of redundancy? Because I know they're going to try and catch groudon, but they'll need the red orb to catch groudon.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 LVraqEE
I have a love/hate relationship with the dialogue of this game.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 NuxagHG
I'm more amazed that none of you saw us blatantly standing in the hallway, honestly. You'd think someone would have at least mentioned an intruder to you considering my buttkicking, but nope. Just be incompetent as usual. Maybe that's why you were able to build that magma building for team magma - no-one considered you a bloody threat.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 E0XTJgS
Hah, two pokemon? This is going to be easy-peasy.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 TJTFMYD
Okay, this shouldn't have been so difficult. It used Toxic first time round, which was frustrating. And two Strengths would have been able to kill it. Issue was, confuse ray. What should have been an easy two-hit kill ended up almost killing poor Dregan here, because HE KEPT HITTING HIMSELF. GODDAMN YOU, MAN.
But it went down easy enough, albeit with Dreg there at 2hp thanks to the poison.
But that wasn't the issue in this fight.
She was sending out a darmanitan. This was the issue.
Now I didn't expect much. Pure fire type. Really high attack. Usually equipped with fighting moves. I had sponges for that. The issue was this;
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 YIazmtW
I was shitting myself.
Most of my team was weak to psychic. But was it psychic? Or was it just a standard darmanitan? It was using attacks like brick break, and I wasn't sure if it had that high attack or high special attack. I genuinely didn't know what to do here. Did it have psychic moves? Could I risk that? Froshana's horn-attack did NO damage, and it was obvious this bastard had stupid-high defences. I was genuinely struggling to put a dent in it. I dragged out Froshana, and brought Spark in to featherdance and weaken that attack.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 JYHrdSA
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 3GcjpKs

A single flamethrower OHKOd Spark. Not even a crit.
RIP Spark Level 3-33. You were a fantastic part to the team, and were stupid-close to evolving into your final form. Sorry, bud. Darmanitan game too strong.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 AxiRXmW
Thankfully, Rock Slide did the trick before it could dish out any psychic moves. And the evil was defeated.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Uh9Dggn
But at what cost?
Seriously, look at that. Bar Dregan, all of those attacks were caused by one move. It was absurdly powerful, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't absolutely terrified of a party-wipe when facing that thing.
Sigh. Anyway. Let's continue on I guess.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Zyy0d3P
This made me laugh. It sounds so odd. She could have said 'grunts' but no, it's 'people'. Just... really bizarre. And also you literally can't hold us own we've effectively destroyed everyone here including you.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 ZsnGKhg
Backup arrives, even though I did all the work and you're all unnecessary and just clogging up this tiny hallway, and the admins flee their own building. And yes, that's Cynthia. Pokemon champion of Hoenn.
I'm surprised they even managed to find this place, honestly. I mean, I had trouble.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 JL1AO2h
Oh well I guess I know where the plot wants me to go next. And I thought it'd be the forest they talked about which had the red orb to catch Groudon using the red orb.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 JRm1EvB
Oh, and I get outside and there's Archie. Who not once considered to ransack this place and tear it down. Considering his entire team has a general type advantage. Oh, and he told me his plan about getting the blue orb for Kyogre. You leave my precious blue whale baby out of this, scumbag.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 PraorKW
And then I got teleported here.
Apparently via the little teleportation machine to the right of the pokemon centre there, BUT I WAS NOWHERE NEAR A POKEMON CENTRE, SO I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THAT HAPPENED????

---

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 005Burning (Charmeleon) Level 33 (Slash, Flash, Flameofrage, Smokescreen)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 400Dregan (Bibarel) Level 32 (Water Gun, Rollout, Yawn, Strength)

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 533Midknight (Gurdurr) Level 35 (Low Kick, Seismic Toss, Bulk Up, Rock Slide)

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 545Whip (Scolipede) Level 32 (Rollout, Poison Tail, Iron Tail, Screech)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 034Froshana (Nidoking) Level 32 (Horn Attack, Air Cutter, Double Kick, Rock Smash )

The Deceased (RIP):
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 261Boubka (Poochyena) Level 3 - 17
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 52Electrisa (Meowth) Level 8 - 23
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 402Mephiles (Kricketune) Level 8 - 25

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 17Spark (Pidgeotto) Level 3 - 33
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:39 pm

I wanted to be sad about Spark's death and such, but like...

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 1FClXLu
Is that a McDonalds?
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:35 pm

Holy fricken crap. Rip Spark. :c
It's okay though, your death deeefinitely wasn't in vain, what with this gripping plot and I have no idea what's going on story-wise. XD

Still, that Darmatian. Holy frick. owo
One of many Pokemon that don't really work in Gen III without it's special ability and whatnot. <<;
But yeah... rip Spark once again. Let's hope the next party member works out a little better. =3
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:39 pm

I
O-oh
rip me :ccccc
frack you tiny stone statue monkey piece of shitgobasodhasodhsdaoisudaoshdoHDIHSDshd

also yes, as Dregan said, is that building a Mcdonalds? because like, that'd totes explain why nobody had thought of storming it beforehand. Nobody wants to storm a Mcdonalds.

NOBODY
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:53 am

Dregface wrote:Is that a McDonalds?
Team BigMacma
If they were McDonalds, it'd mark them as the best/worst villain in this ROM.
Whipface wrote:It's okay though, your death deeefinitely wasn't in vain, what with this gripping plot and I have no idea what's going on story-wise. XD
PLEASE TELL ME, I'M SO CONFUSED
Sparkface wrote:Nobody wants to storm a Mcdonalds. 
I dunno, I mean, I would for their McFlurry's. I'm a sucker for ice cream.

---

Y'know what happens when someone dies a horrible death via burning alive? Well, not only did we get some roast chicken out of it, but we can also use his opportunity to replace the deceased with a new slave for battle!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 BZQC1Vd
Hello, Uncanny! Unfortunately, I had no Magikarp, and at this point I need someone tough who has a varying type from the rest of the team. Plus, Bronzong is incredibly underrated and needs more love. So hey, you'll be a great asset to the team! ...I probably shouldn't have said that. That's like a curse.
Still, pretty great that we ended up back in the city with the Name Rater, huh?

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 ZAPiNo1
And we're back here again. Last time we were here, the building was being stormed by one of the teams, but it was so long ago and the teams have just sorta meshed into one in my mind. Team Aquagma. Perfect.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Wd527Hb
Oh remember when she wasn't selling anything? She's selling things now. Nothing of interest, however. Just the varying pokeball but nothing which caught my attention like, say, selling master balls.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 AvN7x3J
Oh, and this pathway finally opens up! You know when I was like 'wow I'll totally be going in there at some point and I'll know all the secrets' well I totally called it.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 TxoLzrU
Fossil revival! Useful!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 AMVecgO
Oh yeah, plot calls. I forgot about that. I was sort of hoping it wouldn't come back to bite me in the rear. And now it is. With my super special snowflake responsibilities and my super special snowflake having-to-save-the-world-all-the-time things. There's a champion right there, but nope, better ask the 10 year old as it always is.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Wfu2SCf
Blah blah we already know this story. Thousands of years ago, the world was wracked by a ferocious clash between the pokemon of the land, Groudon, and the pokemon of the sea, Kyogre. The battle was short-lived because Hoenn is 80% water and the death-whale was the fan favourite of the onlookers. And then the buzzkill Rayquaza came down from the sky and told the two babies to stop fighting. And then the world was restored to peace. It's pretty simple, honestly.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 TBSn8zp
...what. He just finished saying 'and pokemon of the sea' and suddenly, nope, not relevant you should go to Polar Forest now right now at this second right now. If it's that urgent, send the champion to deal with it. And your son maybe. Who is also the champion, Mr Stone. I don't even know Fly!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 TbYDPN3
...Oh good. I mean, obviously we know what'll happen. I'll do all the work when I get there. Maybe Cynthia will be having her butt handed to her, and I come in and save the day which makes no sense whatever. This isn't going to be fun, is it?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 J2bmMdr
Oh don't mind me, just going to stop the end of the world. Just going to stop team Aquagma from getting hold of their respective legendaries. No big deal.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 JKe1OfB
The only good thing out of this.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 HNfmLP9
Young man?!
Clearly someone didn't change the script to adjust to the genders.
IMMERSION RUINED.
And seriously dude. I still don't understand why everything has to revolve around me. This is dumb. You have the goddamned Champion who has one of the best teams, and instead you're hoping it all rides on me and my gang of misfits.

So no, let's not. I'm going to do a tint bit of backtracking now that I'm in this area, so give me a few before we head over to Polar Forest.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 V2JRHGK
bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs
We all know what comes from them in a forest. Stocking up~!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 UrRM7XT
And I cut a tree and got a Sun Stone, huzzah! I did the same later and got a Moon Stone along with it, which is great! More evolutions are welcome to the whole family.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 MWKLvwa
And ohey remember this place at the VERY beginning of the game? If not, that cave at the bottom right there was where I entered and found a sudden Darkrai. Well, we have strength now. And the place inside required Flash. Which we also had. Which means onwards! Onwards to new exploration and blatant procrastination from the plot~~~!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 I6dKFBx
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Oisd8Vq
I'm not complaining! Durant despite not evolving, can be pretty damned tough. And bug/steel is always a fantastic type combination which has always been close to my heart.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 FwjoKD5
Someone call for a glitch? Fun fact: There wasn't any sort of secret entrance/exit there. There was just a random arrow that appeared there when I went into that space.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 INKqCL5

Endgame content? Endgame content. Also? Dat wording tho.

But urgh, that's all the procrastination I can do. Looks like the plot awaits. In that forest where the Magma grunts were guarding like 10 minutes into this game. It's like a brisk walk from my actual house. I also visited Mom. She gave me an amulet coin. Good?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 846c2o2

fuck
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 523EY1a

Y'know, I almost forgot how edgy you looked. And now I'm annoyed I had to remember because the plot calls for it.
He started off with a Vulpix, which had an attack called 'Cosmic Beam' which would have terrified me if it actually hit. Next was a Leafeon, who went down quickly thanks to Whip's poison attacks.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Koa81S2

OH GOD THIS THING WAS TOUGH. Absurd defences, the ability to use Slack Off to heal itself, a constant sandstorm, EARTHQUAKE. I was worried about a party wipe and I'm so glad that that wasn't delivered to me. Thankyou for that clutch save, Midknight. You did a good.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Q7wwkLy

My favourite thing about this game is seeing all the rivals I don't care about.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 5YiURNJ

Same. I hear it's pretty common knowledge.

Thankfully, he didn't want to fight. So, you know what this place means? Aww yeah, it means a new team meat! Cross your fingers, and hope for something good!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 WQZZfRh

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 39DGjjT

Fun fact: My next pokemon encounter was an Ursaring.

Oh yeah, this should be the point where I mention that this is the area where I quit at. Okay, not quit, but more didn't touch my save file because this area is so damned tedious.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 VzEPITe

This area is goddamned huge. And there's no rest for the wicked, or rest from the wild pokemon. It's easy to get lost, the rain is constant which makes fire types useless, and all the poison you could ask for. I don't like this place, and I'm annoyed that I have to go through it again. Especially because you can't even escape rope out of here. Now I know we're outside, but even so, having to trek all the way back is exhausting.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 XEcCNST
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 ZHW1Kmz
Ha ha, I'm totally using you for grinding my team. Thanks, old forest lady!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 N1tpQuM
Usually I'd dismiss this, but knowing this game, this is probably going to come into play at some point. Adding this to the list of legendaries. Check!

Oh and this happened;
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 O9ZK6Q3
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 A0SBomo
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 3ewGr6K
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 KYx9JCr
(Fun fact; description is a lie. It's not Fire Spin. Instead it's a weak attack that has, like, a 50% chance to boost ALL my stats by one. Probably not 50, but it happened a SIGNIFICANT amount.)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 S8fm398
Ahaha, finally! Our very first team member is useful again! As a Charizard, no less! I'm pumped! Er, only thing is...
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 GFnsE51
OH GOD LOOK AT THAT NECK, THAT NECK SHOULD NOT BE THAT WAY, OH GOD OH WHY. BURN, I'M SO SORRY. I'M SO SORRY OH LORD.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 IWjGJPL
Oh, and #bronzonghype! Everyone's getting buff for the upcoming boss fights!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 9MfwUpK

---

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 006Burning (Charizard) Level 37 (Wing Attack, Flash, Flameofrage, Fire Dance)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 400Dregan (Bibarel) Level 36 (Water Gun, Rollout, Yawn, Strength)

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 533Midknight (Gurdurr) Level 36 (Low Kick, Seismic Toss, Bulk Up, Rock Slide)

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 545Whip (Scolipede) Level 39 (Rollout, Poison Tail, Headbutt, Screech)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 034Froshana (Nidoking) Level 36 (Horn Attack, Air Cutter, Double Kick, Rock Smash )
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 437Uncanny (Bronzong) Level 36 (Shock Wave, Extrasensory, Hypnosis, Iron Defence)

The Deceased (RIP):
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 261Boubka (Poochyena) Level 3 - 17
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 52Electrisa (Meowth) Level 8 - 23
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 402Mephiles (Kricketune) Level 8 - 25
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 17Spark (Pidgeotto) Level 3 - 33
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:19 pm

Th... that Charizard... I...
That poor thing should be put out of it's misery.
Oh god.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:39 pm

Awwww yiss giant metal ant. I always love Durants design, even if I never really... got around to using it.

I actually had that problem with a lot of that generation. Hippodown being another great example, actually! 8D

... also oh my god, Charizard no.
Charizard necks don't work like that pls.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:45 pm

I hate Durant holy crap. As someone who ended up with a team of mostly Grass-type Pokemon in Black, Durants wrecked my mess.
So uh, glad it's at the bottom of the list basically. c:

But yeah, that team be lookin' mighty swole~! =D
And despite his broken neck, Burning still seems to be a great addition to the team~! >V<

And I still have no idea what even this story is, besides Emerald's plot on a different region with different(but still stolen) characters. c: ;;
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:37 pm

Y'know I don't think 36 will cut it. THEREFORE, LET'S POWERGRIND TO LEVEL 40 FOR EVERYONE. YEAH. LET'S GET BUFF. LET'S GET...
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 SXgROeO
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 J0xzRf9
...EVOLVED.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 9FhiNob
Okay, I'm feeling a lot confident now. Okay, this may be overdoing it, but I don't want to take risks and I'm a huge coward. Let's just continue on, and hope we don't run into trouble. Or plot related cutscenes.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 K6dLD6l
Okay. I want you to take a note here. They entered before me.
Archie and Shelly both went into that area way before me. Again, note this.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 CaxObep
Please get out of my way, I'm trying to get this awful area over and done with. I've ran out of repels and I'm salty right now.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 UcQlyBq
ok

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Z418x5p
I was excited about this new area until I realised that there wasn't any grass here, and it was just a walk to head straight into a plot-related cutscene. I am sad.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 CGjZUci
How convenient.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 WscCi4N
Also these two losers appeared to battle the two who weren't even a threat. I mean, you'd think you'd tackle Maxie to the ground. But no. Just hold off the grunts and let Maxie do his thing. Leave it all to me, guys, who don't you. I hate you both.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 NQOAFn5
'If it's a legend, it's obviously 100% true' cliche is a-go.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 BhprrCd
Y'know what you could do?
Just... not fight me? And just grab the orb and leave? There's literally nothing stopping you? Unless the rule of 'when a trainer's eyes meet another, they have to battle' rule is more terrifying and restraining than I thought.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 CKafGyf
Let's get this over with.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 41nP5wo
Okay I thought you'd open up with a fire type. But nope. Worst possible typing against Midknight. Time to bail.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Anei5Yy
And Uncanny proves to be a huge asset to the team, tanking attacks like a goddamned boss despite the Swoobat having 3 Calm Mind's up. Taking Air Cutters straight to the face, albeit with a ton of flinching. But Shock Wave made quick work of this, and the Swoobat slowly went down. Damn that buffed special defence!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 DW2QrJI
You look hungry, good sir. How about a healthy dose of
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 FYVw9rL
ROCK SLIDE, BITCH. TAKE IT. TAKE IT AND STAY DEAD.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 VM4ec6g
Close Combat makes Spek a very happy woman.
Right, this'll leave me prepared for his final poke-
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 9eugdwa
-m....o...n....
that's a heatran
y'know, a legendary
How did he- what- that's not- that shouldn't be part of his team. I thought I just misread when he said he was sending that out, but nope. This uh... this... caught me off guard. Significantly. The Sun was out and in effect, Mid was partially blinded by a smokescreen, and a single fire attack from this thing, be it a Flamethrower, would probably OHKO most of my team. I'm just glad I learnt Close Combat seconds before, otherwise I'd be in a much dire situation.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 1KXbpx5
But it hit regardless! I was Bulk'd Up by one stage, so that extra attack boost would help significantly here. With 120 base damage plus STAB plus super effective and that little boost, yeah that was going to kill. Mid had a MONSTER attack stat.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 CZXGRKC
And huh. Rather than lower my attack and defence by one stage, instead it just gives me recoil damage. Which is an interesting plot twist, one I need to be VERY careful over.
But the evil that is a legendary pokemon was defeated, and this battle was over.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 LcVpmUV
Me...

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 ZUpGjhY
Well... no. No I can't. There was nothing stopping you from just taking that orb and then leaving. The battle was pointless.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 68rWNLc
fufufu... no really though, who actually laughs like that?? Anyone? Anyone here?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 DgIEqvE
Hey remember when Archie came in before me? Well I didn't see him anywhere up to this point. And only now does he decide to enter the scene. That confuses me. If you were so eager to stop Team Magma, then why the hell didn't you jump straight into action? Where WERE you, dude? Goddamned coward, letting kids do things for you. Fufufu my FIST.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 RqqGh75
wat.
And then the orb vanished.
ok
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 LjIDixe
Hey y'know who else showed up before me, the goddamned champion of Sinnoh. And she didn't show up until now, when all this drama was over, and when I'd dealt with everything. Guys. I entered LAST out of everyone. What the HELL were you all doing?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 XArNdKM
inb4 sudden legendary
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 D1ZjbFk
CALLED IT.
I KNEW THAT CELEBI WOULD APPEAR.
AND A SHINY ONE NO LESS.
I KNEW IT. I GODDAMNED KNEW IT.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 9Mq9I2N
w
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Br9oclr
h
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 2uNejte
a
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 OghPye6
t
tbh I want to know the same thing. Out of everyone, Shiny Celebi sent me to the Torn/Distortion World, for reasons. And I really can't be bothered dealing with this 'chosen one' stuff today. I'm too tired for that.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 VdN6L2g
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 M1lZUys
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 X4WS2G2
That's like never been a thing. Giratina should be here by itself, cause it was banished by Arceus to remain here alone. And Dialga should be in Temporal Tower or something idk
And yeah like
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 VHAdRZh
5 steps away from us.
I really don't have any commentary for this. Just... just keep watching.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 PFeO1vU
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 CTapVTS
Shaymin needs a specific flower to do that, the Gracedia flower, and guess what's found in the Torn/Distortion world? NOT THAT.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 GH5WMkp
So that achieved nothing. Well done.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Ipls4Xl
But then Arceus called out, and the two vanished, and Shaymin returned to normal. But obviously, I have to be the one to face this. Goddammit.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 30KxuCd
Okay so I HAVE done this segment before, I remember this now.
I remember this because this is a pre-determined shiny. Which is always shiny. For some reason. Even though there's no actual reason for it to be. But if celebi can be shiny for some reason, then I guess this can be to.
Whatever, I'm quite worried. I only have a few ultra balls, and I could OHKO this. Oh dear.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 NXxNqma
nvm caught it on my first try
I swear that's a successful catch no matter what. Wouldn't surprise me.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 JbqPr7P
I'm giving it my own name. I thought it fitting c:

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 XgSKNg9
YOU MEAN YOU COULD DO THAT THE ENTIRE TIME??
YOU COULD HAVE JUST HAD US UP AND LEAVE AT ANY GIVEN POINT?
WHAT THE FUCK.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 EhXgslx

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 A24

---

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 006Burning (Charizard) Level 42 (Wing Attack, Flash, Flameofrage, Fire Dance)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 400Dregan (Bibarel) Level 40 (Water Gun, Rollout, Yawn, Strength)

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 534Midknight (Conkeldurr) Level 41 (Close Combat, Seismic Toss, Bulk Up, Rock Slide)

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 545Whip (Scolipede) Level 40 (Rollout, Poison Tail, Headbutt, Screech)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 034Froshana (Nidoking) Level 40 (Horn Attack, Air Cutter, Double Kick, Rock Smash )
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 437Uncanny (Bronzong) Level 42 (Shock Wave, Extrasensory, Hypnosis, Iron Defence)

The Deceased (RIP):
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 17Spark (Pidgeotto) Level 3 - 33
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:24 pm

Wow, seems like things in that forest got really deep.
The plot thickets.

Oh god this mod is bad and it should feel bad. Also, what's the in-universe justification for legendary shinies? I don't mean just in this ROM, I mean in Pokemon generall.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:58 pm

I'm just... I'm just going to ignore the fact that Magma already had a legendary that works perfectly for their goal. Like... Like heatran is volcano's and shit, which are a big part of land expansion! Why the fuCK DO THEY NEED ANOTHER WHEN THEY ALREADY HAVE THAT

Man, this really bad legendary plot is reaaaaaaally tearing me apart. Like... it's not even the actual two legendary rivals that are fighting! Whoever made this mod just sorta... ignored the fact that nearly all legendary pokemon have a trio thing for a reason! ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT FIGHT EACHOTHER

Like this would be... marginally more understandable, if it was Dialga and Palkia fighting, and somehow causing enough space-and-time distortion to accidentally get flung to the inversion world, and Girtina's was like 'hey, you guys are fighting on my turf frack off'.. but nooooooo

...also ew, Shiny celebi looks like poop. Like it looks like a reject powerpuff girl or something ew.

...Also in answer to Dre's question, I don't think there is an official ingame justification. Mainly because... well.. the chances of a shiny are already infinitily small, that a legendary getting it really isn't worth the time it takes to reset for it... although I guess, because of the fact there should only be one of each legendary, the justification could just be 'Oh, we misrecorded the information. Turns out Rayquaza wasn't emerald green, but was actually just sort of...  squid ink black.'
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Dreganbutt wrote:Wow, seems like things in that forest got really deep.
The plot thickets.
Oh god this mod is bad and it should feel bad. Also, what's the in-universe justification for legendary shinies? I don't mean just in this ROM, I mean in Pokemon generally.
...Leave. I'm banning you.
And they shouldn't even exist, considering there's only technically 1 legendary in the universe? It's just... unnecessary really?
Like ignoring the plot, it's really well done. They obviously spent a lot of time, and it shows considering there's several regions you can go to, I believe. It's just... dear lord the plot.

Boarbutt wrote:I'm just... I'm just going to ignore the fact that Magma already had a legendary that works perfectly for their goal. Like... Like heatran is volcano's and shit, which are a big part of land expansion! Why the fuCK DO THEY NEED ANOTHER WHEN THEY ALREADY HAVE THAT
OKAY BUT EXACTLY???? It's not overly powerful, since it just dwells in volcanos, but it's still considered a legend and could still very easily expand the land! You're entirely right and dammit I'm angryyy

---

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Y6zchXU
I like that you're in Sky's house. As far as I know, you two shouldn't even know each other. Unless I've forgotten within the mass of confusion that is these NPCs. So yeah, creepy stalker witch lady be stalkin', yo.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 OQKnaXx
I had to reread that a few times. 'I told everyone about Shaymin your problem'. Yes. Good sentence structure there. I do believe you mean 'I told everyone about your problem with Shaymin' or something to that effect. And 'everyone'? I mean, again, as far as I know, you only really know me. How do you know all the people I'm associated with?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 1FHxTMm
And then Flash just went and cast a magic spell and vanished.
ok
Anyway yeah, apparently everyone knows what happened. And I'm sorry but these grammatically incorrect sentences are really bothering me. Like did no-one proof-read this? Or was English not the mod makers first language? If the latter, I mean it's excusable, but still. Proof reading. It's a thing.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 4Bq7bTZ
You think they would have done that earlier. Or at least went into investigation the moment it was actually being built, I mean come on, that building just SCREAMED evil planning.

BUT NEVERMIND THAT, NOW WE HAVE THE MOMENT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS ENTIRE TIME.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 A5sYG8Q
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 EhBkViZ
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 E06gTIq
GOODBYE WATER GUN, HELLO SURF.
You have no idea how long I was sitting there through the LP, wondering when I'd get hold of Surf. I'm so happy right now, you have no idea. This is exactly what Dre needed to become a force of nature. I mean, before this, he was just dribbling water from his mouth, which honestly was more depressing than threatening.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 TAKzVet
It's hardly a city, since the entire place is on an island. More a small secluded town. And you know what that means? Yep. Summary, go!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 I8TTFFm
same
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 FJR5isF
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 LjxOgWk
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 9CUehH8
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 NAkBJoR
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 JilM2no
And other than that, there's not much. I'm currently in the library, since that's where the gym leader is. And I literally can't leave or explore elsewhere because we're surrounded by water which I need to surf on. So. Obligatory gym leader battle is ahead!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 RqBpP77
Aaaaand I found her. Who knew she was such a nerd. In a library. Reading books.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 NmI9aes
JUST 'impressive'? That's all you're going to give me after coming across several legendaries, too many to count even, and blatantly being the chosen one who not only met the gods of time and space, but also defeated the Team Magma boss before anyone, and effectively put their plans to a halt by myself? And you're saying that's 'impressive'.
No, no. What's 'impressive' is getting top scores on a test.
And I think my achievements are more akin to 'unbelievable'. BECAUSE IT IS.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Xq3fwB7
I'm going to beat your face in.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 HfFvFgh
UUUUGGHHHH ONE OF THESE PUZZLES UUGHHHUHGHGHUH
I'll skip my frustrations and just get straight to her. There were literally only 2 trainers in this entire thing anyway. For like the 4th/5th badge (I forget), only 2 trainers in a gym is downright upsetting.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 HQhm6Di
oh and lol
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 WX3UELL
Anyway yeah beating face
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 EZRJvyf
Time to do that.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 PMzJazJ
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 JGJD5ij
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Y6gSSGh

/VS LEADER LEIRA/
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 YeqbL9v

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 MoEoN5Q

And she starts off with a Ferroseed. Of course, being a steel trainer, I have Midknight up and ready for some serious punches to the face. Unfortunately, the opening is a pretty bad match-up. Luckily, I have someone far better who can deal with this for 4x damage.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 ObPkJpJ

Burning utterly destroys it with a single Flameofrage. And the dumb thing decided to waste that turn where I switched by using Iron Defence. No harm done, I'm in the lead, and I'm feeling confident. After all, a good few pokemon of mine are strong against her team. Victory was ALREADY in sight.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 DxHVrup

The next pokemon was a Klinklang. Mid's taking the lead here, and I'm not risking Burn when Mid here has a monsterous attack. Of course, I know I'll be depending on Mid a lot for this battle, so I prepare to Bulk Up. Twice, in fact. Essentially doubling my attack and defence for as long as Mid's on the field.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 B8Vam3c

The Klingklang wasted its two turns with Metal Sound, decreasing my special defence by half. But with the way things are going, I won't need to worry about hits. I Close Combat, which OHKOs it without trouble. The only thing that IS trouble is that recoil damage, as you can see there. A significant amount, nd I need to be careful to not accidentally kill Mid with my rush of power.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 FDH3ECZ
Her strongest is out already - Bastiodon. Needless to say, with the terrifying power I hold at my fingertips, this isn't going to last long. I do, however, go for a cheeky extra Bulk Up to raise my attack and defence a tad more. And unfortunately, or fortunately depending on the perspective, it Iron Defence's. If it survives the Close Combat, I could be in a little bit of trouble.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 RJeTewW
Never underestimate Midknight's power. Never.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 U37eAIb
And the last pokemon, a Durant. Now while I would say this was her strongest, well...
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Ti1gznL
A 4x weakness to fire means you're going to be having a bad time, friend. And you'll also find yourself burnt to a crisp. Sadly I'm not overly fond of cooked bug, but I'm sure we can find some use for it. 
And well... that's it! The battle was hilariously easy, an better yet, now we can explore the sea with Surf!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 CDXC7uF
/LEADER LEIRA DEFEATED - GYM BADGE OBTAINED/

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 ZZJOCYP
Oh and Steel Wing which I have literally no use for. I'm leaving. Goodby-
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 QLMMtar
Oh hello.
So this is Scott. The owner of the Battle Frontier. He goes from place to place to try and find trainers who have the right stuff for it. He was first introduced in Emerald, with this exact same dialogue. Anyway, Scott wants us to try the Battle Tent on an island, and he gives us a Tri-Pass to get there. I can get there from the city with the docks. I forget what it's called. It's been a while.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 QVNS8sF
My favourite part about this encounter is that you can CLEARLY see where the Emerald script stops and the modder's script begins. It's really jarring, but hilarious. It's like Scott suddenly has a personality shift into another character.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Zf71yJf
AND NEXT TIME
WE
GO
SURFING

---

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 006Burning (Charizard) Level 42 (Wing Attack, Flash, Flameofrage, Fire Dance)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 400Dregan (Bibarel) Level 41 (Surf, Super Fang, Yawn, Strength)

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 534Midknight (Conkeldurr) Level 43 (Close Combat, Seismic Toss, Bulk Up, Rock Slide)

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 545Whip (Scolipede) Level 40 (Rollout, Poison Tail, Headbutt, Screech)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 034Froshana (Nidoking) Level 40 (Horn Attack, Air Cutter, Double Kick, Rock Smash )
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 437Uncanny (Bronzong) Level 42 (Shock Wave, Extrasensory, Hypnosis, Iron Defence)

The Deceased (RIP):
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:39 pm

God, parts of this mod are just... just trainwrecks. Like they're trying so hard to get you engrossed in this story and lore, and it's just sorta.. well, thrust in your face like an overzealous flasher.

Also I feel bad for that gym leader. Like that team would have been a reaaaaaal pain to deal with, if not for the fact two pokemon have that 4* weakness. I mean, maybe I'm bias because I adore most steel types, but I honestly think this gym was so underwhelmingly done it wasn't even funny.

Perhaps they should have lowered some levels, and thrown this at a weaker team. Then it might have posed some actual threat.

... although considering this is a nuzlocke, perhaps its for the best it came later on ;D
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:21 pm

Gonna have to agree with Spark on this. Steel-types are the baes but that poor Ferroseed/Durant combination just bites the dust against a Charizard. XD

Blah blah translation is so bad, meh. XD
The programming is still great. I like that everything mostly functions as it should. cx
Though, do you know if there's a post-Elite Four? From the sounds of it there is, so...? =3

And dude. Midknight is fricken /rocking these battles/. ccc:
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:54 pm

Spekkal wrote:You have no idea how long I was sitting there through the LP, wondering when I'd get hold of Surf. I'm so happy right now, you have no idea. This is exactly what Dre needed to become a force of nature. I mean, before this, he was just dribbling water from his mouth, which honestly was more depressing than threatening.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 178L9lI
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun May 29, 2016 3:19 pm

Druhgen wrote:
Spekkal wrote:You have no idea how long I was sitting there through the LP, wondering when I'd get hold of Surf. I'm so happy right now, you have no idea. This is exactly what Dre needed to become a force of nature. I mean, before this, he was just dribbling water from his mouth, which honestly was more depressing than threatening.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 178L9lI
Beautiful. You put genuine effort into that and I love you for it.

Spehrk wrote:God, parts of this mod are just... just trainwrecks. Like they're trying so hard to get you engrossed in this story and lore, and it's just sorta.. well, thrust in your face like an overzealous flasher. 
Oh yeah, I will admit to there being effort in. They're genuinely trying to tell a story, which is more than most, it's just the sequence of events and the storytelling itself which could be seriously improved upon. The mary-sue chosen-one game is strong.

Wheerrp wrote:The programming is still great. I like that everything mostly functions as it should. cx
Though, do you know if there's a post-Elite Four? From the sounds of it there is, so...? =3
I believe there is! Never actually reached it, admittedly, so I have no idea on how solid there is. But I know it's a rather large and completed romhack, so it's already in like my top 3, next to Glazed and Platinum!

---

I should stop letting this die so much. In fact I should stop dying on this forum altogether. I mean, I admin the place. I'm totally amazing at being active in my own site promise. Please love me.
Anyway, where we left off, we were about to surf!
And I realised, the forest was not where I quit. No no, the surfing is where I quit. Because there's so many opinion on where to go, that I didn't know where to go to advance the story. I got lost, terribly so, and I didn't have Fly. So the game just gathered dust. And that's where we are now. Hopefully, with this being screencaps, it'll help me remember.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 H6C1rCs
I've forgotten how to resize these images ahahahahaha whoops. 280x180 is fine promise. My life isn't full of regret and on a downwards spiral honest.
Anyway! Going to the left of that island I can't remember the name of, since there's multiple directions we can go. Issue is, I remember these branching directions having their own branches like some sort of horrible ocean tree labyrinth. We'll see how it goes.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 EQ5gw8Q
Oh and new team member who won't ever be used because they require a remoraid to evolve! Usually! Might be different here but Mantyke is generally not the best.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 YnycUnL
Oh remember when I said branching paths?
Yeah this leads straight to a dead end aha oh boy do I look like a fool. I imagine there's more to it, but as of right now? Yeah uh, no dice. Rightwards ahoy, mateys!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 KnpFbSg
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 GiByVN0
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 XTWffE4
Ohey, Shoal Cave, from the original Hoenn! Also, uh, entirely untouched and edited! I won't stare you the details on what's here, cause the tide's up and I don't think it'll be going down anytime soon. I caught a Seel and got a few Shoal Shells and wrap it up there. There's... really not much here. 
So with that, I continue right! And find something familiar!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 FDzPskI
An old island which was once filled with awful plot! Nothing new here, but I thoroughly enjoy that everything's connected together! Though apparently, the old Magma building has been closed by the police, which is a nice touch. Not sure if I mentioned that before? Everything I've done, including this update, is a bit of a blur.

Going up from here, we come across 2 things;
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 H9nMr8T
A cave just out of my reach, which requires Rock Climb.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 XciIjMs
And Ocepac Town! A quaint little place which, well, doesn't provide much. I'll give you the rundown here;
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 KbSnraf
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Htj7GeZ

Ah good, they included the greatest conversation branch in the history of pokemon. This romhack is redeemed. Wonderful.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Rqxi2kf
And this is miiiighty useful! I always have a bad habit of relying on this guy.
Anyway, that's it in this town! If anything, this place is more of a pit-stop between paths. A good little break before exploring, and a chance to heal up. So with this out the way, let's surf onwards!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 VrkinmE
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 QyNW3wp
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 RbSyxpj
...Same.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 OrSFcLf
Surfing left from that small village place also allowed me to find this town again! Which is really damned nifty! Continuing onwards!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 UCgDmaA
Continuing left, and I found this island. Which is a deserty expanse of nothingness. Or, I would say that if not for;
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 TtkpWi7
Grooooaaaan.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Th2COHK
Dude outright gives me a pass to the golden city, which is cool. And after exploring, my next destination!
ONWARDS, TO EL DORADO.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 VdmzoCI
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 1pmNhsW
But first! Looks like Abandoned Ship in Hoenn was demoted to Abandoned Paddleboat. There wasn't much to explore here - there were a few trainers and mail items, and the lower levels were blocked by a sailor just above where the stairs would be. Fantastic.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 DNaXdZ2
ON THE PLUS SIDE, CAN YOU FEEL THE POWEEERRRR

And now, I go and explore surfing areas which are on routes, to see what I can find.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 OAyIk4u
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 IEm7T6j
That was underwhelming.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 NR3wGzJ
BUT OH! I have 4 badges now! And you know what they say, only when you have 4 badges can you truly appreciate art for what it is! 
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 WBakAtt
Yknow what fuck you, all the canvases were blank anyway, eat a dick.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 RvuDi9v
Ohey, remember this at the beginning of the game? Yeah me neither.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 L6WfOLo
Well this adventure was enlightening.

MEANWHILE
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 W7btFoA
DREGAN YOU ABDOLUTE MADMAN, YOU'RE MAKING ME GO MAD WITH POWER. AHAHAHAHA!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 UTUtFKF
And Waterfall!
So with all of my sidetracking out the way, it's time for the real adventure to El Dorado. The city of gold. It's time to get rich.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 PsSRPgO
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 WyZM6QS
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 JwOE2iG

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 HBCeM3Z
It's. Uh. Not really that golden. All that glitters is gold, so I really must be in the wrong place.
Well, we ARE at the Golden City! And that's a new location! You know what that means~! ROUND-UP, GO!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 DgpoJa1
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 U25OeQH
I become an errand girl!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 SwuupdK
Snorlax!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Z3De1cM
New area!
And yeah that's it. For a Golden City, there really isn't much to it. It's... rather bland.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 0xeH70V
Ahh, the farmlands! I feel right not-at-home.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 4V6N4Ag
HM SLAVE, GET!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 8SUCaBm
Anyone want to play the game of 'spot the RPG Maker props'?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 VTxYbnh
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 GtVZuo6
Oh good. Roll credits. Looks like The Evil Has Been Defeated (tm).
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 1ftCX3c
is this drugs

Anyway, I backtrack here. There's really not much here beyond more farmlands. I imagine I'll have to go back to the place where I saw that hoard of Buneary, but for now? There's one more place I accidentally checked out.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 ZWWmkUB
Remember the dude that was stood outside of here? Well if not, there was a dude standing right outside of here. And he's vanished, so hey, let's see where this has us end up.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 R5vuM8C
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 GBAXLJV
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 PSzAt9C
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky - Page 4 Nxoo4Mg
And this here is the woman who probably owns the Gracedia Flower! A flower specific to Shaymin, which allows it to transform into its Sky Forme.

Sorry that not much happened! I was just wrapping up some loose ends. Next time, I'll try to find out where I need to go, and advance things. Beyond this point, I think I'm blind. I've said 'I'm blind from this point' numerous times, so I'm not ENTIRELY sure where I stopped. But I know the surfing was horribly tedious.
I'll do a team update next time. I'm rather tired, gimme a breeaak.

Sorry this keeps dying! I do plan to get to the end, you can bet on that. Just uh. Depends on how long it'll take. Maybe a year. Maybe my entire life. But I WILL reach the end! ...Or go until I get a horrible party wipe!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sun May 29, 2016 3:46 pm

I misread "Ocepac" town as "Onepac", and I was wondering if they had a sister town that was blown up by a rival rap group--*Slapped*

It's good to see that this is back~! Nothing but doing errands for old men and overpowering Dregan the Bibarel from here!
Speaking of, that Bibarel looks terrifying. In fact, your entire team is terrifying. XD
They are seriously pushing that Shaymin thing though. It's too bad, I just hate how it doesn't feel special anymore. :c

Still, I'm super happy to see more of this wondefully written romhack. And the images look fine~! =3
Soooo... keep up the good work Spek. I'm rooting for you~! 
And me.
Don't kill me pls. <3
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum