Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who deserves their own game?

+12
The Red Blur
MikeMurdock
MalikTH
SparkleSwirl
damnnothere
Spekkal
Dregan
Midknight
Whip~
Caliburn
Uncanny-Illustrator
spark tb
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who deserves their own game? Empty Who deserves their own game?

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:26 pm

We already ahve enough Sonic centered games and one with Shadow.
But there are other characters in the series who also deserve that, at least so I think.

So if you could pick any character in the franchise to get their own game, who would you want to see a game of? What would their game be like? And most importantly; why would you want to see that character be the star?
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Who deserves their own game? Empty Re: Who deserves their own game?

Post by Spekkal Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:33 pm

BIG THE CAT.
FISHING GAME.
NEXT GEN GRAPHICS.

You think I'm joking but I'm really not. The last thing we say of Big was like, Heroes. And there wasn't any fishing for Froggy in that.
And I'd want to see Big get their own game because it would be absolutely hilarious.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:42 pm

Personally? I'd love a game that focused more on Silver. Not the '06 version, but the sort of.. retcon guy from Blaze's universe. The idea of a canon psychic character was REALLY neat to me, and it's a shame to see it go to waste. I know they used him a bit in the games with Marine, but.. I don't know if they've ever used him beyond that.

So yeah, I'd love a game based around him. Or Big. A game that was nothing but sonic adventure's fishing minigame would be sooooooo good ;D ..which is something Spekkal apparently just beat me too.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:54 pm

spark tb wrote:Or Big. A game that was nothing but sonic adventure's fishing minigame would be sooooooo good ;D ..which is something Spekkal apparently just beat me too.
This man knows what's up.

But yeah, I agree with the Silver thing. His character has sort of... gone to waste. I imagine it's because he's so closely associated with '06 that he can never escape it, but even so. A game about his telekinesis would be so damned cool. Using objects to throw at enemies and NOT be a hindrance? Yes please!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:57 pm

In my case I would really want to see a game based on scrapped and concept characters that barely got any attention like the concept designs of Blaze and Cream(Because they looked hella cool)
And like Tiara and Honey.

Just a big batch of those more obscure characters to finally see the light of day properly and set their places in the game verse. Preferable some with SOME kind of story would just be, yes.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:05 pm

Chaotix Detective Game.
Boom, job done.
You want a plot? I'll give you a goddamn plot!
Vector, Charmy and Espio on a biiig investigation to try and find poor missing Mighty. You can even throw in different older/more shady characters - like Nack/Fang and Bean - as informants and bosses and such.
I would play the hell out of 'Chaotix Mysteries' and you know it.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:06 pm

Dregan wrote:Chaotix Detective Game.
Boom, job done.
Vector, Charmy and Espio on a biiig investigation to try and find poor missing Mighty. You can even throw in different older/more shady characters - like Nack/Fang and Bean - as informants and bosses and such.
Yes
Yeeessss.
YEEEEEEESSSSS.

I entirely forgot about those guys. And that's probably why they deserve the game too. It'd be so much more different than what we're used to, but DAMN I'd enjoy that.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:08 pm

Spekkal wrote:
Boom, job done.
Yes
Yeeessss.
YEEEEEEESSSSS.

I entirely forgot about those guys. And that's probably why they deserve the game too. It'd be so much more different than what we're used to, but DAMN I'd enjoy that.
To add, Bomb and Heavy were also part of the Chaotix if I recall ;D

But yeah you make a good point that they do in a sense really deserve their own big game and it is such a good for the hand laying idea as well. AHHHHHHHHHH
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:16 pm

Bomb and Heavy are an interesting case. As far as I'm aware, they're not 'official' members of Chaotix, rather, they sorta turned up and offered to join in the quest with Chaotix to fight Robotnik. The manual speculates they might even be still working for the dude, as a means of spying on the team, and slowing them down from within.

Though - to bring it back on topic - that could provide an interesting case in a more nowadays Chaotix game. Play a bit of storyline over whether or not they can actually be trusted or not.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:43 pm

Silver's game sounds awesome. In 06, he was supposed to be able to use the ability from the cutscene where he ROCKETS off at like, ridiculous speed. Some sort of game where you have to be crazy with telekinesis could be HYPE. Like, using it to throw MASSIVE monsters or something. Sign me up. @_@;

That detective game idea sounds rad though. I mean I loved playing as Chaotix in Heroes, and seeing them get their own game would be great. I just hope it's taken seriously but with a lot of comedy moments in, rather than the other way around (100% just goofiness with a small sprinkle of 'maybe we should take this a little more seriously', because that just gets old) because aaaa.

BUT PERSONALLY I'd love to see a game solely centered around playing as either Tails, a 3D one at that, because I feel it'd be a good idea...

..Or a most likely non-canon game where you play as the villain. Say, Metal Sonic, for example, and you have to go around following Eggman's orders most of the game. And you can rek stuff up as Metal Sonic. And you get more and more powerful. And at the very end you just turn against Eggman and become the best of the best and have one final boss fight against Super Sonic. That would be an interesting twist to me, don't judge. >_<
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:50 pm

Oh yes I agree with a villain main game, kinda like browser's inside story it should be then. Like give them a good solid story like that, yesss.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:58 pm

I'd like to play a game centering around Sonic for once. c:

Okay but hear me out; a Sonic game that develops the Blue Blur a little more by delving into who and what he is. His past, his plans for the future(if he even has any, that impulsive hedgehog), and how far he's willing to go before he cracks. c:
I'd like a game that breaks Sonic open, and not physically like '06, but more on an emotional level. It wouldn't have to be broody or mature like Shadow the Hedgehog; plenty of children-aimed series can pull off a serious introspective into their character. 
Mostly, I wanna see what makes Sonic so carefree and cool. Generations hinted that he's been this way for a while, and that his adventures have made him into the hero that he is, but I wanna know what made him willing to risk his life in the first place to stop that there evil Robotnik. Who were his parents, when did he meet Tails(we have various sources explaining it, but I want more than a freaking Japanese Manual from 1999), etc. =3
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:33 pm

I'm going to agree with what's been mentioned a few times and say that Silver definitely does deserve his own game. I think it's sort of a shame for him to have been introduced in '06 because well...it was '06. After that his only real role in games was the Sonic Rival's series, other than that he was only unlockable in games like Riders, Black Knight...Olympic Games...
It'd be nice to see a game centered around his psychic powers of course, throwing objects at enemies, maybe even solving puzzles by moving objects around, but it'd also be nice to see those powers implemented into the kinda...fast running, platforming nature of a sonic game.

In addition I'd also like to see somewhat of a..retake on the Blaze and Silver thing they had going on in '06, maybe a game that centers around the two working together, building a relationship of sorts. They were cool as friends, I enjoyed seeing Silver get somewhat restless and nervous when he was separated from Blaze in '06, was interesting to see they dynamics between the two
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:38 am

Tails needs his own game. It would be about finding his parents, and maybe... he will find himself. I mean, Tails did have his own game but it was total crap. Not to mention it was totally meaningless. We would see tails past... CANNON past. We would try to find his parents, when he finds evidence from the chaotix that they are alive. So he goes alone, all over mobius, to find his long lost parents. TELL ME that would not be a good Idea.
I want too see a game centered around tails because he has been kicked out of the spotlight SO much, not too mention he deserves some more depth and continuity then just "Sonic's smart slave."

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:04 pm

The difficulty with exploring characters like Sonic and Tails in-depth is... well, it's gonna be really hard to do something which makes everyone happy. They're such long-standing characters, that to change or establish something so inherent with then will probably cause a lot of backlash from the community. The advantage of the characters lacking backstory is that it's easy for people to latch on and relate to them, which is why they work as the main characters.
Whilst I think they... could expand on the characters, it's a very thin line to walk. Once you commit a backstory to them, you're setting things in stone, and if that doesn't go down well... well, you're gonna have a lot of angry fans.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by damnnothere Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:07 pm

Princess Elise dress-up game for eShop, 'nuff said.

Also I'm in total agreement with the wish for a Silver game (preferably with a different voice actor and a complete U-turn on his traits, he's so damn whiny in '06). He's such an interesting concept, he's been wasted
damnnothere
damnnothere

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:14 pm

damnnothere wrote:Princess Elise dress-up game for eShop, 'nuff said.
You're like a fountain of good ideas and I approve.
Will it also feature micro transactions?
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by damnnothere Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:27 pm

Oh aye, there'll be waiting times between sessions while she gets kidnapped, but you can pay 1000 rings to have a time travelling deus ex hedgehog rescue her right away.

Also keep an eye out for the Absent Father Edition DLC pack coming 2016 #dontcry
damnnothere
damnnothere

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:08 pm

Don't forget the throw-back dlc, featuring Sara. You know, that one character from the Sonic OVA film thing.

I also want a Rouge stealth game, preferably stealing as many elements from MGS as possible. For example, Solid the snake, or Revolver the ocelot. Sneaking into eggman's base to stop the Metal Cog Egg, or something.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:26 pm

Amy or Rouge would be such a good way to go, while sticking with main cast members!

Something akin to the play style of Adventure Battle 2, but with a Hammer! Maybe a storyline involving saving Sonic, since a couple involve him saving her, but maybe something simpler and cuter
Like "I'm fighting through eggman's cruddy metropolis because I want to get Cream a new bow for Cheese, and the shops here are the only ones that have the one I saw in that ad!" 

And Rouge? A stealth game! Maybe something set in a Sonic X and/or Dark Chronicles kind of setting that spans her stealing gemstones and then joining up with GUNN and some missions for them!
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

http://toyhou.se/SparkleSwirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:41 am

spark tb wrote:I also want a Rouge stealth game, preferably stealing as many elements from MGS as possible. For example, Solid the snake, or Revolver the ocelot. Sneaking into eggman's base to stop the Metal Cog Egg, or something.
SparkleSwirl wrote:And Rouge? A stealth game! Maybe something set in a Sonic X and/or Dark Chronicles kind of setting that spans her stealing gemstones and then joining up with GUNN and some missions for them!
You people. You people have good ideas.
I really do agree, and thing this would be amazing. It's in-character, and would seriously provide something... different. Away from the speedy speedy zoom, and taking a more careful and slow tactic to things. Plus, maybe it could like, delve into Rouge's character some more. We still don't know THAT much about her or her backstory really, and expanding on that through her own game would be great.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MalikTH Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:57 pm

This was said so many times now, but Silver should have his own game. I mean, a game where you just go crazy with telekinesis. I would love that game.

I would also like an in-depth game on Sonic and Tails too, which was also mentioned, but still an awesome idea despite the time that would be put into it.

Yes, playing as a villain. That'd be really good, a little change for the Sonic series (since you almost alway play as the good guys). Although Sonic 4 Episode II's Episode Metal was interesting, I'd like an entire game on that note.

MalikTH
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:35 pm

Boom, job done.
 I would love to play that especially with Nack/Fang in it 83. Maybe even the archie comics version of Breezy ( the one in the retcon now)
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

http://www.spritewars.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:50 pm

As someone who never read Archie, I'm afraid that name doesn't mean much to me - however I think I'd buy _any_ game with Nack in at this point. Seriously underutilised character in the games themselves, to say I think both Fleetway and Archie made so much use of him.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:01 pm

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but big did get his own game. It's a flash game, granted, but the sonic the hedgehog social media pages announced and posted the link (it WAS an April Fool's joke but ehhhhhh)

You can find the game if you type bigthec.at into your web browser. At least, if it's still running. I couldn't tell you that until I check, myself.

EDIT: It still works, as of today.

Last edited by The Red Blur on Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edits and for teh memes.)
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next