Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who deserves their own game?

+12
The Red Blur
MikeMurdock
MalikTH
SparkleSwirl
damnnothere
Spekkal
Dregan
Midknight
Whip~
Caliburn
Uncanny-Illustrator
spark tb
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who deserves their own game? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who deserves their own game?

Post by ForevaYoung Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:37 pm

I wrote a one-shot fanfiction once about something along the lines of a Sonic game I always thought would be so cool to be a part of. It is a bit on the dark side though as it would delve into Sonic getting to breaking point from using the Chaos Emeralds, Secret rings and the like and what actually is happening to him on the inside where he doesn't tell anyone. I think I might give it a bit of a revamp and post it into the fanfiction area for you guys to read, but imagine this:
Sonic has begun to have vivid dreams of himself in his many other forms. He is not in control and is being the complete opposite of a hero. The overload of other forms he can take have all been repressed inside and they just cannot take being trapped inside any more. They take over Sonic and in doing so, complete chaos ensues. 
Features Super Sonic, Dark Sonic (Sonic X), Darkspine Sonic, Werehog Sonic, Hyper Sonic, Fleetway Super Sonic (I know they were separated in the Fleetway comics but please bear with me), and obviously the original blue blur himself. 
You would go around in his mind at points as one of these guys and try to find a way out to freedom from the trapped crevices of Sonic's mind.
I know its dark, but it could potentially be good for an older audience?
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:45 pm

Unfortunately, I imagine a game like that would involve a lot of licensing fees, since all those different versions of Sonics would be from different sources and different canons. It would depend both on Sonic Team's ability to come to agreements with all the companies behind the production of their independent projects, as well as a willingness to pool their multiple canons into a single soup of mish-mashed ideas. It could get raaather messy.
Still, one would perhaps suggest that when it comes to 'Who deserves their own Sonic game?' that 'Sonic' is probably already pretty well covered under that flag. XP
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:28 pm

This is very true, but it was just a thought. Being able to openly control all of his forms in one game would be pretty cool, but you're very right about the licensing and stuff. I miss Fleetway Super Sonic, while he was a pretty once dimensional bad guy, when you saw a good side to him you grew attached.
Despite that, I would like to see a Tails game. I know he's had some in the past, but sort of like an origin story sort of thing if you get me? All that needs to be done is make sure Sonic Team don't mess it up and keep it real :3
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HalfmoonHex Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:45 pm

Yep there are two Big the Cat related sonic Fan-games that are recent. Big's Fishing Adventure 3: The Trial is a text based adventure game by some people at Sonic Retro. There's also Big's Fishing Derby by Flamewing on Sonic Retro. That one is a Genesis Rom Hack where Big Fishes in various environments from the series. I'd love to buy it as a Replica Cart as it actually has a multiplayer mode where Big and Eggman fish against each other.

But the actual game I'd want the most is Silver Opps the No Use Conspiracy. If you don't get my reference I'm suggesting a 3D action game with Psychokinesis based powers like Psi-Opps.
HalfmoonHex
HalfmoonHex
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Y'know, if they did actually build a Silver game from the ground-up, basing it mechanically around his powers instead of 'like Sonic but with these powers', I could actually see that being a really good game. Something mechanically similar to Psi-Opps but with Silver would be pretty neat.
Just, uh, as long as they also gave him more that one line for each power. An entire game of him saying 'It's no use' for his base powers would kill me.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by HalfmoonHex Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:01 pm

I wouldn't imagine any Spin off games like that for a while if ever. Unless maybe they did something like a low budget Phone or 3DS puzzle game. I'll still hope for it though.
HalfmoonHex
HalfmoonHex
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:39 pm

Dregan wrote:Y'know, if they did actually build a Silver game from the ground-up, basing it mechanically around his powers instead of 'like Sonic but with these powers', I could actually see that being a really good game. Something mechanically similar to Psi-Opps but with Silver would be pretty neat.
Just, uh, as long as they also gave him more that one line for each power. An entire game of him saying 'It's no use' for his base powers would kill me.

How about 'red caboose' and 'drinking juice'?
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by HalfmoonHex Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:11 pm

You've done it Red.
Gorgon Goose!
Batman's Bruce!
HalfmoonHex
HalfmoonHex
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:54 pm

HalfmoonHex wrote:You've done it Red.
Gorgon Goose!
Batman's Bruce!

MAKE FISH!
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Codename-Jack Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:04 am

spark tb wrote:Personally? I'd love a game that focused more on Silver. Not the '06 version, but the sort of.. retcon guy from Blaze's universe. The idea of a canon psychic character was REALLY neat to me, and it's a shame to see it go to waste. I know they used him a bit in the games with Marine, but.. I don't know if they've ever used him beyond that.

So yeah, I'd love a game based around him. Or Big. A game that was nothing but sonic adventure's fishing minigame would be sooooooo good ;D ..which is something Spekkal apparently just beat me too.

I agree. Silver and Blaze should have a combo game though, I can't see a game with Silver being the main focus. Plus I love their fanon friendship dynamic. It'd be cool to see it in game. 

In the comics he gets so much glorious "screen time." It's just not fair to leave him this under cooked in the games especially when Sega could cash in on fun new game mechanics. There was this one Wii game with telekinesis that was actually fun. I'd like to see more stuff like that because the gameplay would be a treat. 

As for all the people who have agreed to Chaotix, yes. Very yes. But first they'll need to get a less annoying voice actor for Charmy.
Codename-Jack
Codename-Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:22 pm

I do feel 'used a lot in the comics' is perhaps not the best criteria for whether or not one should get their own games. I also disagree it's neccesarily unfair that he hasn't been pushed super hard by Sonic Team since '06 - I'd argue it's more unfair that many of the older cast members have been more swept under the carpet in modern times in favour of more of a focus on the various hedgehog leads.

Still, I wouldn't be entirely against a Silver game. Hell, thinking about it, a Silver & Blaze game where you kinda play both at once could be a cool concept. Imagine things such as Blaze throwing out her flames, then using Silver's psychic powers to curve it or move things into it's path and such. Just combining them in different ways to fight and solve puzzles and things. I'd be down for that.

In regards to Charmy... Honestly, I think instead of trying to make him 'less annoying' they should almost play to the fact that he is. No idea how he is in Archie, but in STC they did a wonderful job of making him almost the 'annoying mascot' teammate of Chaotix, resulting in the other members having to begrudgingly put up with him, whilst oftentimes underestimating him.
In the games, yes he's annoying, but none of the characters seem to care. So instead he just comes off as a generic annoying kid character to the audience. If they ACKNOWLEDGED him as kinda annoying in-universe and PLAYED OFF that, I think it could be a lot more fun and produce a lot more mechanics than downtoning him into just another kid character.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by SmookiSmooku Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:03 am

I'd like an Eggman strategic game, were you like build mechs or something, or a different one where you build Eggmans Empire.

Maybe an Stalker Amy Game.

Knuckles Chaotix 2, Maybe just treasure hunting.
SmookiSmooku
SmookiSmooku

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2