Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Alpha

+5
Froshana
C.S.O.
Shade the Lazarhog
Shrike Marine
The Red Blur
9 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Operation Alpha - Page 2 Empty Re: Operation Alpha

Post by Shrike Marine Mon May 23, 2016 11:51 pm

-Hearing the siren blaze way, this was giving only more intel on which to move on, he goes faster and quicker, finally catching glimpses of him, these glimpses allowed his on board visor hud to lock his specs and identity in for future reference.-

" Oh no you not getting away from me.....You!....Stop!...well he ain't stopping, gotta catch him.- 

-Shrike continued to pressure the target, taking short cuts around other zones to gain on him, It wouldn't take long till Shrike was almost upon him, The armored figure contemplating using force to at least disable the figure to stop him from running, but that was secondary due to the unsure nature of what was going on. Instead he opted to moved and attempt to cut him off by finding a path to lead him to his front, this should allow him to stop the wolf in his tracks, forcing him between the cruiser and him.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade the Lazarhog Tue May 24, 2016 7:44 am

(Okay, thanks C.S.O.)

Shade was in his house at this time, bored out of his mind he was flipping through channels when the news popped up and the reporter began to drone on about a possible U.F.O. Shade scoffed, "as if, I've seen way more promising sightings, like the Lazari."

He decided to listen to music for a bit which drowned out the noises from outside. The mysterious metal wolf had already passed his window and Shade, being the sloth that he is, didn't even notice.

Now, Shade wants to go on a walk, still listening to music, he steps outside his house and locks the door. He hums the tune to his song and turn, and to his surprise, he sees a hooded figure wearing sunglasses creating a sphere of fire, "the hell?" Shade thinks, raising an eyebrow.

Shade simultaneously takes his earphones out and walks over to Caen, "excuse me?" He asks, hoping to get Caen's attention, "what are you doing? Wait, are you one of those fire magicians that can apparently control fire? Because if so, you sound like you have an awesome job."
Shade the Lazarhog
Shade the Lazarhog
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave Tue May 24, 2016 8:34 am

Whatever was in there wasn't going to come out without a fight. And Storm was getting antsy. He had been at the landing zone for too long, and he was sure someone was going to be there soon. Since there was no elegant way to deal with the pod, he may as well do it the messy way.

Oh well. Hell or high water. He took a deep breath, hauled out his tool kit, and sat down in front of the pod, incanting. Red flecks of arcana seemed to rise from the earth around Storm, his tools, and the capsule. Swirling like a tornado of energy, the pod was besieged by the arcane-driven tool set. Panels yielded to pries. Bolts to punches. Piece by piece, the remainder of the capsule began to fall away, cleanly or not. Some of the padding ripped as the crash seat was pulled free of the capsule by the maelstrom and dropped, more or less intact, on the ground beside the fox. His jaw clenched and his teeth ground as he exerted himself in such a brutish way, pulling everything around the compartment free until finally, the top part of the compartment was pried free.
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue May 24, 2016 4:01 pm

Under the hedgehog's barrage of fire, the small metal sphere and with a pop that is mostly drowned out by the noise of the flames around it some of the hidden seams pop open. The light then dies out as well.

When the second hedgehog comes out of his house to speak with the other one controlling the fire, the police officer finally looks over in their direction.

"Hey! What are you two up to here?" he demands.

The wolf kept track of the armoured figure's position on his visor's display while the cruiser seemed content to pace him for the moment. The officers inside demanding that he halt over a speaker. The wolf then skids to a halt, just before the armoured figure emerges ahead of him.

The wolf inclines his head slightly, then turns and dashes back towards the police cruiser. The officers bring it to a sudden halt as the wolf hops up onto the hood and begins running over it in the opposite direction.

Behind the armoured figure, a second cruiser, summoned by the first one starts heading down the street towards him. As they didn't see the wolf past him, they assume the armoured figure is the one they had been informed about. They order him to remain where he is.

The fox needed a bit of time to pry the capsule apart, but there was no resistance to his doing so. Eventually the compartment yielded its secrets... a single folded sheet of paper.

If the fox opened it he would find the following message written on it in a standard computer font: 'Congratulations. If you are reading this, the capsule you withdrew this note from has landed intact. Unfortunately, there is little of value for you to obtain for your efforts. Feel free to keep the remains of capsule Alpha-19-BTP. It has served its purpose already.'

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue May 24, 2016 4:38 pm

((wait. Since when does Caen wear sunglasses? Or a hood, for that matter?))

He heard the young hedgehog come towards him and ask if he was a fire magician, and that he had an awesome job, if so. "Hmm? What am I doing? Trying to contain a potential bomb explosion. The hell is a fire magician? This ain't magic. At least, I don't think it is." He chuckled "I cant really explain it, myself, to be honest."

At this point, Caen heard a popping sound, and a piece of the metal dropped out of the flame "annnd there we go." He said, as the blinking of the device died. He put his mouth closer to his wrist "alright. I think I got it. It wasn't as impressive as I thought. I think it has something inside of it. I don't even think it was a bomb, perhaps a capsule of some type. I'm taking a closer look."

A police officer looked over in Caen's direction, and asked what he was doing "I was containing a potential bomb." He spoke, walking up to the device and picking it up, shaking off some charred debris "you know, the job you should be doing. But, I think my work here's done. You're welcome."

Caen began walking along the street, in the direction he saw Shrike and the unknown Mobian disappear, leaving behind the hedgehog and the officer. He looked at the device as he walked "now, what are you?" He spoke, using his free hand to try to pry away the rest of the metal walls, holding his head away from it, cautiously.

Last edited by The Red Blur on Tue May 24, 2016 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reason)
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue May 24, 2016 9:52 pm

-Shrike was pissed, the officer blew his chance to finally confront him, instead of turning back to explain to the officer, Shrike ignored him and pressed on, he couldn't care less if the officer was after him or not, he wanted to track down this being and find out who he was.- 

" Stop running you son of a bitch! you just making this harder for yourself!....this guy can't take a hint can he...I think I might have to do this the old fashion way and.....disable him...."

-Shrike actually was considering using force to stop the wolf, either this mean a dart of some kind or literally a bullet through the leg, either way he was getting agitated.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade the Lazarhog Tue May 24, 2016 10:43 pm

(Sorry Red Blur, I think it was Storm wearing the hood and glasses. My bad *insert embarrassed face here*)

Shade listened to Caen's response and chuckled at his comment. At the mention of a potential bomb, Shade took a small step back, "a bomb? What's a bo-" however Shade was interrupted by the sound of metal hitting the ground. Shade raised an eyebrow, "the hell is that? I am so-"

Again Shade was interrupted but this time by a police officer. Shade's first thought, "shit!" Shade's second thought, "is this Mobian a criminal? I swore I wouldn't go into crime," but when Caen explained the situation to the officer, Shade felt a bit calmer. Then Caen left Shade and the officer and walked off, creating an awkward silence between the two.

"I'm gonna help him out," Shade said to the officer before hastily walking over to Caen. Shade sees Caen attempting to open a piece of metal. Shade immediately thought he could help and asked, "would you like any help because I can easily open that box thing for you?"

Last edited by ShadeTheHedgehogIsJoey on Tue May 24, 2016 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to had a section of text)
Shade the Lazarhog
Shade the Lazarhog
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave Wed May 25, 2016 9:50 am

((oh, this is going to be one of those RPs, isn't it?))

Oh, this is going to be one of those days, isn't it? Storm laughed out loud as he twisted and crushed the small sheet of paper into a ball before coughing a stray flicker of fire and lighting the note up.

Alright asshole. Looks like you got me. The fox kicked one of the fallen panels aside as he walked back towards his stowed hoverbike. Someone else could pick through the scraps for clues, right now Storm was done with this, and maybe if nobody else needed it, he'd be back for the scrap pile.

Still, the fox thought that all things considered, this was probably the best outcome for the situation he'd found himself in. Better than an all-out invasion at least. He pulled his bike from the bushes and slapped his kit back onto the back of the seat before he kicked up the engine and started back towards town.
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Wed May 25, 2016 4:11 pm

( OOC: To some extent. Smile If you can't have a little fun, what's the point? )

The wolf doesn't bother replying as the armoured figure shouts at him to stop running. He also considers that figure to be something of a rude individual. Apparently had a temper too.

Once he'd cleared the cruiser, the wolf turns abruptly heading through another residential property. He knew the armoured figure was likely to follow, but it would keep the police at bay.

The cruiser he'd run over then began to back up and then turn around so it could find another route to their suspect.

The second cruiser stops some distance behind the armoured figure. The officer of the passenger side climbs out.

"Sir... or ma'am... Stay where you are and raise your hands." the other officer states over the cruiser's speaker.

With the two hedgehogs, the officers there regard them.

"Be that as it may, we've had a report of suspicious individuals out here. We'd like you both to come with us." the officer states.

Meanwhile, as the red hedgehog applies a bit of force to the now misshapen but still hot sphere, the warped metal pulls apart, revealing an empty space inside of it. Other than being slightly discoloured, there didn't seem to be anything of note in there.

Now at the fox departed, he wasn't actually leaving everything there behind. Through physical contact with the capsule, both directly and with his tools, many microscopic nano machines had latched on to be take from this site. Given their size and the fact they were mostly dormant, they would be extremely difficult to detect without knowing to look for them.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed May 25, 2016 6:42 pm

As the hot metal bends and warps in Caen's hands, he finds that the inside the sphere, other than some circuitry to allow the light to work, there was... Nothing. "Oh, for f-, it was a distraction!" Caen shouted, tossing the bent piece of metal aside.

He then turned to the police officer, speaking in a pretty arrogant tone "yeah, yeah. Suspicious individuals, basic police crap. Look, I'm on it, please just let me do my job in peace, I don't want unnecessary conflict."

Caen turned away, once again, continuing on in the direction he was walking. He completely ignored the other hedgehog. He seemed like more of a hindrance than a help in his mind.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed May 25, 2016 9:19 pm

-Shrike again refused to respond, he was getting really ticked off with them, he didn't comply at all nor had any intention to do so, he zips past things thing his way, the suit seemed to move at a large speed despite its bulky size, instead of trying to chase him, Shrike opts to take another route and see if he comes this way, in a sense block him off, instead of this useless running here, there and every where, so as he does Shrike heads in diagonal way, hoping to finally intercept him at a point.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade the Lazarhog Wed May 25, 2016 10:17 pm

Shade's eyes widen as he sees the metal pop and Caen's disappointment. He then turns to the police officer, "what he said," before running back over to Caen. He was determined to find out what was happening.

"Okay listen here, will you just tell me what the hell is going on here right now!" Shade placed an invisible wall in front of Caen that he would bump into. Shade looked at Caen, slightly cross and frowning a little.
Shade the Lazarhog
Shade the Lazarhog
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave Thu May 26, 2016 5:12 am

((OOC: Pass for this turn, I'll work something out during the next round of posting. Assume Storm is still riding back to town on his hoverbike.))
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Thu May 26, 2016 1:34 pm

The police were quickly coming to realize that the situation was becoming more complex and difficult for them to handle. They had two armoured figures in a pursuit heading further into the city and one or perhaps two other hedgehogs who might be involved as well in some way.

Their units who had encountered these individuals called in for more support and also informed their chiefs about what little they had learned too.

It seemed like things were going to escalate.

The wolf continues to play hide and seek with the armoured figure. As it appeared that they were both tracking each other, with the armoured figure constantly trying to cut the wolf off and the wolf often switching directions when the armoured figure was close to getting in his path, the wolf was considering options for how best to distance himself from his pursuer. After all, this chase was slowing his progress and it seemed that his foe was faster than him.

Calling up a city map and focusing on his immediate area, the wolf begins heading towards the nearest major roadway he could find. Perhaps he could find a faster means of travel, or at least change the venue for his next encounter with the armoured figure.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu May 26, 2016 1:57 pm

Caen continued walking, but found that his path was blocked by an invisible barrier of some kind. He found this out the hard way- by which I mean he walked straight into it. He turned to the other hedgehog, thinking that he must be involved, as he was not pleased with Caen ignoring him. "Look, kid, I'm busy here. We've got a potential terrorist threat in the area, and I don't want casualties that could've been avoided because some kid's getting pissy with me."

He crossed his arms. "Look, I hate making threats towards people younger then me, so let's just cut this crap right this second. If you're that desperate to get yourself involved in other's crap, then you can come, but if you get in my way again, I will not hesitate to label you a foe". Caen held his arm out, conjuring fire in it "and I'm pretty sure you know what that means."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu May 26, 2016 4:20 pm

-Shrike had his signal moving and tracking on his heads up display, this device could monitor activity up to 1 km in distance, as long as shrike stuck to the distance he would be able to track him for a long time, Shrike opts to remain hidden while on the move, if he could not see him he could not tell where he was coming from, However shrike knew exactly where the wolf was going , by monitoring him via the Hud, moving from cover to cover, again and again, he opted for the stealth like approach, let his guard down then get him. 

Force was not going to work as to much collateral damage would obviously be cased by any kind of weapon fire.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade the Lazarhog Thu May 26, 2016 4:39 pm

When Caen walked into the wall, Shade couldn't help but grin, "that never gets old," he thought before making a straight face again. Shade's eyes widen and he raises an eyebrow at Caen's mention of a potential terrorist which intrigues Shade.

Then Caen threatens Shade which he shrugs off but continues listening. Shade smiles though when Caen allows him to help, "awesome!" Shade jumps in excitement and runs beside Caen but smacks into the wall himself, "ow!" He exclaimed, rubbing his muzzle with one hand and removing the wall with the other, "karma's a bitch."

Shade continues to smile though, "don't worry, I can help you. I did work for G.U.N for a few months y'know?"
Shade the Lazarhog
Shade the Lazarhog
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave Thu May 26, 2016 5:18 pm

Storm wiped the sweat from his head as he stowed his hooded sweatshirt and sunglasses over his tool kit. As far as he was concerned, the day was over. Whatever the commotion was downtown, it was none of his business. The best thing he could do for himself was move towards home in the opposite direction of passing police cruisers.

Taking refuge from the early summer sun in the shade of another alley, he waited until he was sure the coast was clear. Another police cruiser passed, sirens blaring, and for a moment, the fox fretted. Was the action moving towards his loft? Gods, he hoped not. That last thing he needed after a day of no payoff was his home being at ground zero of whatever this mysterious invader's crap was. That would be the worst end to a day of treasure hunting with no payoff.

Of course, Storm was in total ignorance to the fact that the greatest treasure he could have ever hoped for in his lifetime was currently smeared all over his face, hands, tools, and sweatshirt. Nanotechnology was hard to create, harder to maintain, but if utilized properly, could be used for a variety of amazing purposes. All it would take is one precious sample for analysis, and a little elbow grease and time in the magic circle, and Storm could become a master technomancer in no time.

IF
he would have just remembered to check for any suspicious nanoparticles at the capsule's crash site. Which he clearly didn't. But, it was sure to be a lesson he would learn later in hindsight. In the meantime, he revved his idling hoverbike, pulled out onto the street, and made his way towards home, unknowingly carrying one of the greatest clues to the mysterious invader's intent all over his person.

Last edited by Storm Wave on Fri May 27, 2016 1:26 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding words for emphasis)
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Thu May 26, 2016 7:35 pm

The police officers withdraw to a safer distance from the two hedgehogs, keeping them under observation, but engaging with them. A pyrokinetic wasn't someone they wanted to have to combat.

The wolf begins to gain some distance on the armoured figure since he was taking time to be more stealthy in his approach. The additional attention to that detail would slow him down just a bit, while the wolf made no effort to hide.

This was working against him in one regard though. He was easier to track, which led to another police cruiser spotting him and beginning to follow him. Again, they kept their distance waiting for additional support.

The wolf took not of this as he finally reached the nearest major road. It was only four lanes, but it was more active than the neighbourhood streets he'd been heading along to this point. He looks around taking not of the traffic. It was mostly comprised of smaller cars as well as some larger vehicles, trucks and buses, that were likely heading in towards the downtown core.

The wolf knew what his next goal should be, and he starts to make his way down the sidewalk, past the small clusters of pedestrians that stopped to stare at him.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 pm

Caen watched as the fellow hedgehog walked into the wall that he himself had produced. Caen chuckled as the hedgehog muttered "karma's a bitch".

He walked up to the young hedgehog and gave a friendly slap on the back "indeed it is. Right, you've put me in a better mood. So, let's continue on, shall we?"
He began walking, again, resting his arms behind his head "the name's Caen, by the way, Caen Flare."

Caen clicked his fingers, and his eyed seemed to light up, much like the lightbulb switching on in his mind
" Of course! You can make invisible walls, right? Oh, yes! I have a plan. Oh, I do, I do, I dom I'm in an even better mood, now. C'mon, kid."

Caen lifted his wrist to his mouth, speaking into the communicator strapped to it "Okay. I'm finished up, here. What are your whereabouts? Oh, by the way, this other guy's tagging along. This hedgehog that can somehow summon invisible walls. I think he could potentially trap this guy, allowing us to have a little chat. Over." Caen cut off the microphone, chuckling "that is, if he damn well cooperates!" He muttered to himself.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri May 27, 2016 2:33 pm

-Tracking his movements Shrike carried on the chase, thanks to his exo based suit, his endurance levels could be almost never ending, so him tiring out was not a option, he used back entrances and other small ways to move in a ever twisting line to get closer, it became more and more apparent, Shrike was leaning back towards using force to deal with this situation.-

" If only I could just hack this guys legs off, probably stop him from running, but if I do that you probably bleed to death and I would just have one more thing to add to my shit list....at this rate I should be able to intercept some time soon, then there will be no more running from him."
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade the Lazarhog Fri May 27, 2016 5:24 pm

Shade heard Caen chuckle so Shade glared at him bit still walked with him. Shade was a little surprised when Caen slapped him which made Shade chuckle slightly, "let's go then!" Shade always liked making people happy.

Shade listened when Caen mentioned his name and was polite so responded with, "Shade. It's just Shade." Shade listens to Caen's mention of Shade's abilities which makes Shade smile, "I can do more than just make walls," he said this slightly more enthusiastic than normal.

Shade smiled at Caen's use of communicator and this triggered a memory. Shade reached into his hoodie pocket with his left hand and retrieved an earphone. The earphone was connected to a cable which was connected to a small clump of materials. Shade smirked at the object and brought it out his pocket, holding the communicator out in front of him, "I wonder if it still works," he thinks.
Shade the Lazarhog
Shade the Lazarhog
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave Fri May 27, 2016 5:57 pm

((OOC: Pass again for the moment, as I have nothing major to contribute at this point.))
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Fri May 27, 2016 10:00 pm

The wolf continues to make his way down this street, passing by some shops and pedestrians out taking care of their errands. He pays them little attention, more interested in the traffic coming and going nearby.

He also looks ahead to an intersection about a minute's travel ahead. There was an apartment and a couple of plazas surrounding it. The number of people there was much higher than anything he'd come across thus far, so that's where he was headed now.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Fri May 27, 2016 10:56 pm

"Nice to meet you, Shade." Caen said, as he and this Shade walked along the road. Caen seemed distracted, however, and he was constantly scanning the roads ahead, before looking up at the rooftops, and then directly above him. There was a sense of uneasiness in his eyes.

He watched Shade pull out a weird cluster of bits and bobs attached to a battered-looking earphone, and Shade questioned whether it works.
Caen chuckled "I'm surprised that thing ever worked at all, let alone now, I mean, what is it made out of? Bits of old cars?" He turned away, grinning. However, he quickly lost the smile and turned his head back to Shade "sorry... That was a bit... Insensitive."

Caen and Shade eventually came to a busy intersection, and the sheer number of people on it perplexed Caen "weird. I've never seen quite so many people here..."
He looked around again, he was sure that this was that armoured Mobian's doing.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next