Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Alpha

+5
Froshana
C.S.O.
Shade the Lazarhog
Shrike Marine
The Red Blur
9 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Operation Alpha - Page 13 Empty Re: Operation Alpha

Post by Storm Wave Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:49 pm

((I Was going to post this round, Red Blur. You jumped the gun.))

The fox grunted, leaning his weight into his hoverbike's kickstart as he revved it to life. in a nondescript backpack lugged over his shoulder, the precious briefcase rested, carrying its mysterious contents. There was a moment of somber reflection as the fox wondered if there was any chance that this acquisition would ruin the otherwise normal life that he had been cultivating here in the city.

The moment was interrupted by the heavy hiss of a city bus' air brakes. In from of him, more evacuating citizens carefully made their way onto the next shuttle out of town. The fox's smart watch sounded a tone as the hour advanced.

Well, looks like the surreal life caught up to you again. Better just roll with it. You have work in a few days anyway.

As if the contents of the briefcase, handed over to the right people, wouldn't make any paycheck he was getting from his computer repair job look like pocket change. Storm pulled the hood of his sweatshirt over his face and gunned the engine. The hoverbike began to rise slowly from the pavement, and with a twist of the throttle, he was off to see this strange situation to its end.
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:30 pm

((oh, bugger, so I have! Alright, skip it straight back to... Shade, I believe?))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade the Lazarhog Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:00 am

(Oh so sorry guys, I've been on holiday and I was just too busy to tell you all. Really sorry again, but just to clarify, I just continue without DracNos?)

A bit of the roof fell off the top and hit one of the soldier's head, knocking him out. Shade stumbled back and fell onto his feet, he tried to stay quiet though. The head of the soldiers commanded that the soldiers shoot at the roof in case of an enemy but they were just too injured. Shade was about to run away when he remembered Andrew was still patching up the soldiers.

Shade sighed and, putting his guns away, ran towards the edge and dived off, performing a flip before landing with a combat roll. Some of the soldiers began to shoot at Shade but Shade blocked them with a shield, shouting, "run Andrew!" Andrew ran away, his metal legs landing in a steady, fast rhythm. Shade then focused his energy around him and Shade telekinetically lifted himself into the air.

Shade zoomed into the sky, creating a small shockwave of air that rushed towards and past the soldiers. Shade flew for a few minutes before landing on the top of a different rooftop. Shade wiped his forehead and panted, "today is very tiring, way too tiring," he was about to lift himself back into the air but he felt too tired and dropped, falling right off the roof but too tired to react. The building was tall so it would hurt but not kill Shade, hopefully.

Last edited by ShadeTheHedgehogIsJoey on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Mistakes)
Shade the Lazarhog
Shade the Lazarhog
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:53 am

For the time being, the wolf sticks to areas where he can stay out of sight as long as possible. He knew he was far away from the areas where there was action going on, but he also was aware of how quickly that could change. He keeps moving in the general direction of the nearest edge of the city.

Elsewhere, the fox might note that a short while after he set out, his hoverbike's engine started to labour a bit, clearly a sign of a power drop off.

Elsewhere from there, as Shade flees his position is reported and one of the helicopters tracks him as best it can. Some of the authorities forces are dispatched in that direction to try and contain him.

( OOC: Froshana has let me know that she's unable to post for this round. It's now Mike's turn to post. )

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:32 pm

"Then you better get out of here then. SSPD SWAT units are sending in power suits as well. I'll let you go for now...."

With that he will punch a wall leaving a large opening to the outside. Jumping out of the building and landing onto a car in the alley crushing it under the Power suit's body.

" Operator. Looks like the target was not here. Just some hedgehog with a sword in this day and age.."

The VALKOM operator responds back while the Parrot starts moving out towards the street

" Drones will continue to check the area and find the Target. You have 20 minutes to leave the area as the two powersuit troops are moving into your area. Be aware that G.U.N. is preparing to drop a Hunter Detachment with a Light Powersuit Commander. They will be dropped in 30 minutes near downtown. "

The parrot huffs as the powersuit's hover system kicks in and moves out from the area

"Great... Well at least we have that General that can vouch for me.. Just be sure you have my money.."
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

http://www.spritewars.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:49 am

((Sorry. Skip me this round))
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:16 pm

Caen sighs as he watches the mech exit through the side of the building. He was glad that he wasn't the one paying for this unnecessary damage. He stared at the hole for a second, before shrugging his shoulders. "A shortcut's a shortcut, I guess," he muttered, before running through the window frame, and jumping out. Luckily, he wasn't completely off about how high up he was, and managed to land without too much hassle. He looked at the wreck caused by the mech, and shook his head, again.

The hedgehog noticed that the mech had not moved much further, and overheard the person inside talking about him. He ran up beside the mech and waved his arms "Hey, guy! I'm just thinking, we have a common enemy, so why not team up? We'll find him even faster, then!" He used his hand to straighten the spines on his head a bit more "also, I only use swords because I don't believe in guns, okay?"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:24 am

( OOC: Skipping past Shade since he's a no show. )

The wolf stuck close to buildings and foliage, using both as cover while he made his way along. The areas he made his way through were a bit more active with people getting things together and making their way out of town in accordance with the evacuation orders. As a result, his progress slowed as he wanted to remain unnoticed for as long as possible.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:20 am

For the time being, Flame continued off away from the action, or lack thereof at this point. Her gaze lifted from her phone to look at a road sign briefly then lowered again. The hedgehog soon rounded a corner to continue on her way, leaving all this chaos to the various people who were keeping themselves involved.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:08 pm

The power suit stops and turns to the Hedgehog and upon completion of the offer the power suit gives a shrug gesture

" Why not.. Luckily my 'Special Talent' know some higher ups in G.U.N so We can easily bypass some G.U.N. forces, but if you are going to stick to me it's best you hop on the back since I will be moving at a quick speed with Updates from a few drones and 'other' things, but that's all I'm going to tell you thus far."

The parrot inside the power armor starts moving into an alleyway leading to the next block while the drones overhead continue to search for the Wolf in question.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:28 am

Awww c'mon, you sonuva... Storm tapped the side of the bike with the warm red glow of his hand. Of course he forgot to run his bike through the bug check as well, and the little stowaways were trying their best to sap the computer chip in the hoverbike's motor. He swerved past the row of departing buses and into a field at the edge of town. He fidgeted with the smart watch at his wrist and opened up an app. He peered around to make sure he wasn't being watched, as the app chimed cheerfully, relaying the message that it had generated a new encryption key.

Fingers tapped over holographic keys as the fox rendered his message, updating his contact on the situation and opting for an alternate dead drop. They responded much faster than the fox had anticipated. His eyes traced through the message as each line of text was decrypted and destroyed, word by word. Great. The good news was that the new drop site was close by. The bad news was that it was no longer a dead drop. The company was sending their material acquisition team. The fox rubbed the bridge of his nose at the realization of just what they planned.

"I just made this thing, and they're going to take it away."
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade the Lazarhog Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:06 pm

(I hope it's okay if I skip Red Blur this turn. It's just cause it has been 4 days so I thought I should do so.)

Shade suddenly came back to his senses and telekinetically slowed his landing before lifting himself back onto the roof of the building. He didn't realise the helicopter following him as he traversed the rooftops. Shade jumped from one edge to another and smiled as the cool breeze tickled his cheeks.

Shade landed almost elegantly before continuing to jump again to the building and to the next and so on. Shade began to hum a tune as he ran, trying to come to turns with the situation.
Shade the Lazarhog
Shade the Lazarhog
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:39 pm

((damn, I didn't realise it was my turn. Sorry I made people wait!))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:27 am

( OOC: I would have preferred if you hadn't posted before I gave the word Shade. But I guess no harm was done.You saved yourself about 8 hours of waiting for me to say something. )

The wolf pauses alongside a larger residential structure, flattening himself against one of its exterior walls while a new situation report appears on his visor. He takes in the events involving mechanized units in the city. He frowns slightly.

They were a bit bigger than what he'd been expecting to deal with, but he also knew it was likely a more rogue element involved, since local, regional or federal authorities wouldn't drop tech like that into a populated area. Well... not one of their own areas. Since no one was moving to intercept it, there appeared to be some coordination between these rogues and local authorities.

The wolf realizes that it was more urgent that he got clear of the city. With that thought in mind, he sets off again at a quicker pace.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:33 am

((Meanwhile, I'm going to go ahead and skip my turn this round and point out that I may continue to do so a few times, depending on what all happens in the rp. I just highly doubt any of you want to read through Flame shopping for shoes and I don't think I want to type it all out either. :P
Just don't skip me automatically or I'll maim you. C: I'll either tell C.S.O. or post OOC here if I'm gonna keep skipping or not. Carry on!))
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:41 pm

(( pass for now. I want to wait till red blur's response before doing anything and sorry i haven't responded. Been mass applying to jobs this week and preparing for thanksgivings))
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:42 am

( OOC: Sorry I've a bit behind here. Been four days. No sign of Storm here. It's now Red Blur's turn. )

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:20 pm

"higher ups?" The hedgehog asked as he hopped up onto the mech's shoulder "something tells me you don't know them 'cause you shared some coffee once," he said, before looking back towards the sky "you know what, I'm not even gonna ask. I just want this damn guy caught, because he's been giving me the runaround with fake bomb threats, humiliation and... Well, just generally being a bit of a dick." Caen finished in a rather blunt fashion, his eyes narrowing more and more as he spoke. He looked back down towards the mech that he was standing on "name's Caen, by the way."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade the Lazarhog Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:24 pm

Shade eventually stopped on one very tall building, panting and wiping his forehead. He gulped and shook his head, "man, where even am I?" He looked around but didn't really see anything. He moved over to the edge and looked over; the city was beautiful.

Shade smiled and leaned into the edge, he decided to take a breather. He closed his eyes, before concentrating his telepathy, and reopening them. His eyes were purple and he scanned the city, he needed to block out a lot of the citizens. 

Shade searched for his allies, wondering if they were even safe and out of the hands of the government. While he was busy searching for his "friends,"he wasn't paying attention to anything around him, allowing the helicopter pursuing him to get closer to Shade without being noticed.
Shade the Lazarhog
Shade the Lazarhog
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:49 am

At this point, the wolf has made his way into some more expansive residential neighbourhoods that are leading out to the edge of the city. He figures he's got about twenty or thirty minutes of travel to go before he's clear of the city. Status updates continue to appear on his display visor just to keep him apprised of the threats of interest. With that information in mind, he continues to make his way.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:03 am

((Hm hm hm, idling over some stuff, may potentially bring in another character since Flame backed out for the time being. In the meantime, though, skip!))
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:21 am

" Can't say nothing more than they got connections..."

The powersuit continues to move in search for the wolf using the suit's hover function to continue moving into the city

"If you need a name just go by Loro.." He would only give that to the hedgehog on his suit.

"I will say that even SWAT and GUN is looking for him so we must make haste and find him first before the situation makes it harder to find him."

He would watch on his screen camera footage from the drones. Each continue to search for the target. Information is also fed with any new information from VALKOM as new reports of possible locations continue to rise.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:19 pm

Storm's ears drooped in unambiguous annoyance as he sat down in the back of a somewhat spacious vehicle that reeked of industrial grade antiseptic chemicals. To either side, he was flanked by a company lab tech buried somewhere beneath layers of bright white hazmat gear and anti-static grounding belts. He took one last look as the great outdoors disappeared beneath the featureless, sliding white door. There was a hiss and a bit of subtle pressure in his ears as the clean vehicle sealed itself off from the environment.

The prognosis was worse than the fox had even imagined. On top of seizing the fox's freshly constructed hoverbike and the precious sample contained in the briefcase, Storm himself was being prepped for a weekend of silent observation in a company clean room. After all, who knows what sort of fail-safes were built into the company's new aquisition? They'd need every last picometer of this mysterious nanomaterial for analysis, even if it did ultimately break down and degrade. And having come in direct contact with the stuff and getting it all over his fur meant that the fox was just as much an asset to them as the bike and the vial.

The fox's eye twitched at the very thought of losing a weekend to being stuffed in a featureless clean room with little enrichment. One of the lab techs gestured for the fox's hand, and he begrudgingly complied as they scanned him with a handheld sensor device. Another lab tech at his other arm was already unfastening his smart watch for decontamination and examination. A third tech appeared and placed a large, pressure-sealed case at the fox's feet. Storm stared at it for a moment before he finally opened his mouth.

"What's this for?" he asked, barely even lifting his head.

"Your clothes." The lab tech's voice hissed from behind a voice amplifier built into her suit's respirator.

The fox's jaw clenched as he shrugged, slowly standing up to pull his shoes off. Something burned in the back of his head. Some lesson he had been avoiding from this whole mess. Something about who was at fault for all this. He chewed on it for a moment and then decided it was the strange intruder's fault, whoever he was.

Certainly not his own. Of course not. There was a rumbling beneath his feet as the clean truck started up and began its trek towards the company research center, far away from town.

((Storm's out of the RP. Maybe I'll jump in with someone else if this continues, but I have no idea who.))
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:29 pm

"G.U.N are definitely after him. Let's just say I've had a few tight scrapes with them, today." Caen said bluntly "so... Loro... What exactly are you? Some kind of bounty hunter?" He asked, looking down at where Loro would presumably be piloting the suit from "oh, yeah, one tip: If you wanna sound threatening, don't use ace of spades as your backing track. Use something deep, and orchestral... Well, that's what I'd do, anyway."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:40 am

( OOC: Apologies for not being more on top of things here. Shade has not posted, so he's being skipped. As I currently have nothing new to add, I shall pass my turn as well.

It is now Froshana's turn.

And with Storm withdrawing, the post order is now: Me, Froshana, Mike, Red Blur, Shade. )

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next