Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sonic Game You Want

5 posters

Go down

The Sonic Game You Want Empty The Sonic Game You Want

Post by Dregan Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:38 pm

So! Those of you who know me well know I like driving towards varying topics of creative play and hypothetical outcomes. Or in other words, I like topics which ask you to just make stuff up.
Now we Sonic fans are a particularly disatisfied lot as a whole. Whilst the Sonic franchise has plenty of good games in it, and people are often willing to argue that the state of the franchise isn't quite as bad as a lot of people make out, there does seem to be a general consensus as a whole that Sonic has gotten very good at disappointing us. We make topics specifically to find the bad in the good and the good in the bad. Despite various efforts to change and play with the formula, beyond just going back to their routes such as in Sonic Mania, it seems that SEGA struggles to make the game that it's audience WANTS.

Aaand this is where you guys (and this topic) comes in. In this topic, I want to imagine a if you were given complete creative control over the next major Sonic title. What sort of game would you create?
Would you want to stick with the formula of the classics, an old 2D side-scroller with straight-forward level-after-level of action? Would you prefer to go the more modern 3D route, and have your own take on that? Maybe even something slightly more off-the-wall, like a Sonic Heroes 2, or a fighting game in the style of Sonic The Fighters or Sonic Battle?
Would you rather something story driven - and if so, what would the story be? More gampeplay focused perhaps - how would it play? Any preferred cast - any new characters for the game you're making? Any preferred tone?

Feel free to come back and add more to your idea, no need to throw everything down at once. If you're in school or in work, and you're suddenly like 'Oh this would be cool with the idea I had before!' feel free to pop back and put forward new ideas. Get as specific as you like too! Come up with certain level ideas? Certain enemy ideas? I want to hear you babble!
Plus, no forgetting this is a community. Feel free to feed back on other's ideas, talk about them, give your own suggestions. Go, wild basically!

So... What's the Sonic game you want?
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

The Sonic Game You Want Empty Re: The Sonic Game You Want

Post by spark tb Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:02 pm

Honestly, I've talked about this in the other 'what sonic game' topic thing, but I would really like a stealth game staring Rogue, or other members of G.U.N.

Like, it wouldn't even need to be something super hardcore? The basic idea would be a 3D 'psuedo-open world] sort of deal [so one objective, several ways of getting it done] - probably stealing the 1st person [and the verticality and such] of Dishonored. It wouldn't be super brutal or gory, mainly focusing on K.O's over killing [gotta keep it child friendly], and would probably be mainly focused on the G.U.N taking down one of Eggmans smaller bases [because he seems to have to many to just be building them everytime he needs one], or one of the other threats that seems to exist in the Sonic universe [for example, obtaining chaos emeralds from people who shouldn't have them, or small uprising's of various groups, etc]

I would also definietly sneak in as many Metal Gear references as possible, along with stuff from other well known Stealth/'survival' games [For example, Corvo from the Dishonoured series being a Rat, or the Outsider being a GALACTIC SPACE WHAAAAALE]

But yeah, just... something chill, you know? Slower paced than most sonic games, but still obviously grounded in the universe. It would probably be a lot more 'explory' in it's game play, with optional story fragments and lore hidden in various parts of the world, but aren't required to beat it. For example, a note may be hidden in a small building that says the location of a small supply of ammo. The player doesn't need to find the note to stumble across the cache, but it would certainly help guide them in the right direction.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:19 pm

To be honest, I really just want a good 3d sonic game. I mean, lost world and unleashed were... Okay? But, I just want something good in that respect. But, the thing is, as a guy who plays RPGs more than any other genre, I JUST WANT A DECENT STORY GODDAMNIT! Like, I'm not asking for war and peace, I just want an interesting story that may build on Sonic's lore. Kinda like the comics, but in a game. OH WAIT, that was sonic chronicles, in a way, before that died because of THAT GUY WHO USED TO WORK FOR ARCHIE. *ahem* Right, the ranty bit's over. As I said, I just want something with a good story and good 3d mechanics. I'm not particularly fussed on everything else... Although, I'd prefer it to be set in the actual canon, rather than Boom canon, because I frankly detest the character changes (except for designs. They're pretty cool, excluding Knuckles, annnd maybe except Sticks, as well? I mean, I like the character, and all, it's just her association with Boom I dislike.)
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteranoftheconsolewars Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:31 am

I know this topic is a little old, but I need to whine some more about how I want a good Sonic RPG.

With how easy it is to create massive, sprawling sandbox worlds, and the fact that active battle mechanics have existed for DECADES now, why can't we have a proper Sonic RPG? You sort of got that with Sonic Boom with having an open world and lots of NPCs to give you quests, but you also made rings worthless and Sonic SLOW. I can imagine a huge world with lots of different zones and enemy types ALA Xenoblade Chronicles X, except instead of telling your character to do a certain attack you can execute combos and homing attacks and whatever! All of those elements EXIST already in seperate video games, why not make them combine together into a sonic game? Have Sonic learn new tricks while he levels up, give him a party ala Sonic Heroes so they can provide other talents that Sonic can't do. Again, tried to do that in Sonic boom the STUPID way. Have combat be something organic that Sonic can run in and out of. He doesn't need to fight everything he sees either. Make Rings a one time collectible currency, so you can end up buying and upgrading everything if you can competently execute tough jumps and speedy maneuvers and complete all the quests. Certain damage types can factor in with tails using his inventions, knuckles and his brute force, Sonic and his speedy, rapid-fire attacks and so on. If you can't make Rings function appropriately like health, then make them a collectible.... That's the only good thing I can take from Sonic Chronicles. The ONLY ONE.

Man... I wish the people from Sega could at least give a toot and listen to people like us.
Veteranoftheconsolewars
Veteranoftheconsolewars
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey The Cat Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:20 pm

I'd like to see a game that stars Honey. Sega needs to actually use her for once. That won't ever happen but she's kinda a fan favorite. A cameo at least wouldn't hurt. Though it'd be great if she were a character in a new Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games. As far as the problems with the previous Sonic games, I have no opinion. But I do love Sonic Mania so far. IMO I think it looks better than Sonic 2.
Honey The Cat
Honey The Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down