Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Runaway Robot

4 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Runaway Robot - Page 4 Empty Re: Runaway Robot

Post by Gamma V Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:56 am

XM turned to face Chwa and her robotic companion before beginning his story.

"I was created in a facility located in a frigid region of Mobius six months, two weeks, and five days prior to today.  The facility was owned by an entity called Machina.  I was designated an Exterminator Model, but further data and directives were not registered due to premature activation.  I was immediately labeled a defective unit and marked for reclamation or termination.  Self-preservation dictated that I escape the facility, which I did.

Upon achieving a safe distance from the facility, Data-gathering protocols initialized.  I began to explore my surroundings, but remained alert for pursuers.  When physical contact with a small, winged creature resulted in erroneous terminal damage....it intensified a desire not to be reclaimed.  I did not wish to be an Exterminator Model.  I continued to explore, but alert levels were heightened.  Perceived threats would result in evasion."

"A lot of the reports mentioned him jetting away if even a camera was pointed at him.  I guess that, to a 'defective' combat bot with little knowledge of the outside world, a camera could be misidentified as a weapon, especially a professional-grade camera, like the ones my dad uses.  He might have even perceived a flash as an attempt to cause visual sensor overload."

"That has happened...recently," XM confirmed.  "Prior to traveling to Amber's apartment, I briefly observed a gathering of Mobians around a miniaturized version of the large, conical, green structures placed in large quantities in various locations.  This structure was illuminated with light-emitters of multiple colors and possessed multiple objects suspended from its branching structures.  I observed until one Mobian activated a...camera flash, which triggered a retreat.  Five minutes and twenty-seven seconds later, I arrived at Amber's apartment."

Amber giggled.  "He was drawn in by my music-animated balcony Christmas light display.  Bet I would've been wowed by something like that at six months.  Heck, it continued to amaze me for years.  It fascinated me enough that, as a teen, I reverse-engineered a string of synchronized music lights that had stopped lighting.  I eventually hacked them to have interchangeable song programs so I could keep them up all year.  String lights in the bedroom were popular when I was that age.  Why wouldn't I jump on the bandwagon, especially if I could make mine somehow unique?  In college, I wrote up a program that analyzed music in real-time and would synchronize light animations automatically.  Do you remember that thing, Chwa?  I had it running the string lights lining the ceiling of my dorm room."

Gamma V

http://gammafangirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:06 pm

' I certainly do. A nice little pet project like my own works. Though I pefer working on A.I. systems like that one that I tried to make it write a few books, and they came out.. Let's say there not going to put it on the best-seller's anytime soon'

Chwa will turn to XM 'We can keep what model you are to ourselves. We can do the test here. All we need to do is plug you into Guardian and My laptop. The program will search for code that pertains to anything that would cause a robot to go Manchurian candidate on us. something akin to a catchphrase, an image, or a sound. Do not worry. I won't overwrite what makes you... well you. If nothing comes out bad then the next thing is getting you something that doesn't look as threatening. Amber can defiantly take a look at the spare parts in my lab on base when she recovers, and she can make some hands for you.'

With that Chwa will let Guardian open the top of the Hornet shell's head he was in as two cables protrude from it. the human doctor will connect the first to her laptop while the other will stick out.

'Do you have my permission to interface with your systems?' Guardian will ask XM. Guardian even though he is Chwa's bodyguard does like to ask like a gentleman.

Meanwhile, outside the room Sahla will argue with some bodyguards.

'Let me in now. I want to start asking questions to that robot and that girl that was with it!'

The Two MPs will move to block the door.

'Dr. Chwa is doing her tests. You will be able to ask the robot later if the tests state it is not a threat.' the MP will respond to Sahla.

The hedgehog will huff as she walks back to her room, but before saying.

'YOU CANNOT HALT THE NEWS! THE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THE TRUTH!'
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

http://www.spritewars.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:30 am

"Permission granted," XM replied.  "I do not wish to become a Manchurian agent.  Amber is my friend."

Amber smiled when XM called her his friend, as well as when Chwa mentioned giving her access to the spare parts in her lab to give him a set of proper hands.  She'd get to give him his present after all.  She could only hope that no Machina operatives within GUN would interfere.

While Amber rested and XM prepared to undergo a system scan for Manchurian programming, Steel, carrying Dr. Kikuta, burst into the medical bay.

"Whoa!  What's the big rush, Steel?  What's wrong with Dr. Kikuta?"

"One Reginald Koren has injected him with an unknown substance.  He is experiencing abdominal and neurological pain.  I recommend you start by checking him for poisons."

"That creepy cyborg Wolf?  Guy always made the fur on the back of my neck bristle.  Now you're sayin' he might've shot one of our best roboticists up with a poison?"

"He claimed...it was a pneumonia shot, but...I doubt that it was," Kikuta explained weakly.  "The last time i had a shot, it did NOT affect me like this."  He clenched his teeth as another wave of pain stabbed at him while Steel gently laid him down on the nearest empty bed.  "Whatever he put in you, I hope there's an antidote."

The doctor smiled.  "It's good to see a 'bot around here that has a heart.  Only a student of Hiroki Mitsuda would think to give a GUN 'bot a heart."

Steel smiled.  "My father told me that, in a way, Professor Mitsuda was like my grandfather."

The doctor chuckled as he walked over to Dr. Kikuta and prepared to take a blood sample for analysis.

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:01 pm

Guardian will connect into XM as it and Chwa will start checking his code for anything unusual.

The hornet shell will turn to XM and ask the robot questions to make it comfortable.

'So. May I ask why you choose the name XM? Was it programmed into you? Marked by your creator? Or you were allowed to choose it? For myself I used to be known as E.N.I. or Experimental Neuralnet Interface, but when Chwa saw my intelligence is expanding she let me choose what I want to name myself. I decided since I was like her guardian angel Guardian was the name I choose. '

'You do like to ask many questions Guardian. I just am sad that others do not see the value of robots with intelligence. They rather destroy them fearing that it would be like those movies like Terminator or the matrix. ' Chwa would add on ' In my opinion robots should work together with Mobians and Humans for the benefit of both species. They can do things we cannot do like explore space without the need of air or food, While we can craft new ways to help both of us. The ones that hate robots are living in the past. Or are in fear cause of the movies making intelligence robots the enemy. In fact the leader of that anti-robot group gave them the derogatory name Abdominal intelligence.' Chwa will continue to look up the information checking the code thoroughly.

===============================

While this goes on the Muskrat Nicholas will open the door. The gun arm he was sporting earlier is not seen on him instead it's a prosethic forearm. He was carrying a plate of food to give to Amber ' I don't know if you have eaten yet.' The short muskrat will walk over the tray having Pickles, miso soup, rice, and a cup of water 'Hope you don't mind these. The is what available since we only have three cooks on duty. The rest are at home celebrating the holidays.'
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:04 am

XM turned to face Guardian.  "The name XM was chosen by Amber.  My full registered designation is Exterminator Model 01.  Amber did not find that designation fitting.  Neither do I.  I have drawn the conclusion from personal experience that it is an error to exterminate life-forms.  Were I to choose my own designation, I would choose...Rocky.  Amber has repeatedly told me that i am reminiscent of a lost android by that name.  She even wonders if i AM Rocky."

"Rocky was stolen when Professor Mitsuda was murdered.  Before she became incapacitated, my mother, Detective Janet Lucia, had reached the conclusion that the motive for the murder was to steal Rocky.  That android was the pinnacle of Mobian-level AI, and he was NEVER meant to be a weapon."

"What do your scans reveal thus far, Guardian?  Could I truly be Rocky?"

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:07 pm

Guardian will continue to scan with the doctor and notice some code that been hidden deep within his programming. The good thing he doesn't have anything that can trigger a Manchurian candidate program or any traces of it the robot was clean, however Guardian will find something else...

'Strange.... It seems we found something... I noticed when you were speaking about this 'rocky' We found snibits of code relating to it... It feels that your AI might be of this Rocky, but you do not remember at all. Like someone overwrote some of your software to try to change you into a combat model.... I feel that even though rocky is 'dead', but there is a way it can be restored..., but the modifications are advanced. '

Chwa will interrupt' Whoever did this has to be a pro, but not good enough to break through the firewall that has the bits of information like the AI was trying its best to defend itself from completely getting destroyed. Like it's hidden deep inside trying to escape and re-learn who it is.' The doctor pauses and thinks to herself ' For now we are lucky you have not been taken away. If you want once Amber recovers you can both stay at my lab on base. I know Carville very well and I can pull some strings to get his team to protect the lab, but we must be careful if more of those cyborgs like the one that knocked us out is still out there.'
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:47 pm

"The premature activation may have been the AI's attempt to save itself from being corrupted.  A guy like Mitsuda no doubt put plenty of fail-safes into Rocky's code.  Once I'm healed up, I could go so far as to make him look lifelike, like Rocky did, if possible."

"What did...I...look like?" asked XM, having decided to take the name Rocky as his own.

Amber smiled.  "You looked like a red Hedgehog in his mid-to-late teens.  You had one of those chest patches, tan skin, blue eyes, and long ears.  Once we get to the lab, I could probably use the computer there to pull up the photos of him I have on my cloud-based file backup."

Rocky paused for a bit before the blue ovals serving as his pupils began flashing through several different symbols before arriving at n_n.  "I cannot smile," he explained, "but I believe this will be sufficient to display happiness."

While Amber, Chwa, and Rocky continued to talk, a modified pink Monobeetle flew up to the medic that was tending to Dr. Kikuta.

"Blood sample analysis complete," the hovering robot announced in a young-sounding female voice.  "Thanatos Serum detected."

"Thanatos Serum?" repeated the medic in disbelief.

"What's Thanatos Serum?" asked Steel.

"Thanatos Serum is a combination neurotoxin and enterotoxin," explained the female Beetle.  "It is designed to be a covert chemical weapon that would be administered under the guise of vaccination.  Death is estimated to occur in seventy-two hours."

Steel impulsively grabbed the machine.  "Is there an antidote?"

The Beetle went silent.

"Easy, Steel," pleaded the medic.  "No need to take your frustration out on Dextetta here."

Steel let go.  "I'm sorry, Dextetta.  I just don't want to see my creator die, especially not like this."

Dextetta remained silent.

"Did I already damage you?" the android asked concernedly.

The female Monobeetle finally spoke again, but her voice was now distorted.  "Antidote will be administered conditionally.  Dr. Gari Kikuta must relinquish the Anti-Metal Prototype."

"What?" Kikuta weakly asked.  "What would a mobile MediDex want with Steel?"

Dextetta didn't respond.

"Though it's highly unlikely," the medic began, "It's possible she was hacked.  She doesn't have a constant connection to the internet.  She only connects for database updates, and when she does, she's protected by a multi-layered security system.  I'll have to engage remote shutdown on her and do a system check."  He proceeded to pull a mini-tablet computer out of his pocket and began punching in a series of commands, causing the pink Monobeetle to slowly land on the floor and power down.

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:15 pm

' So Rocky was an android or the term I like to use that I know Steel would like to use 'artificial person'. I use that term due to in a movie called aliens the android name Bishop said he rather had that as the term for his kind. Sadly Kikuta is a genius. Even with current technology at G.U.N. we could not replicate android technology. For now if you like that name then it's always good to choose a name. For now please rest. Once you gain your strength we will move Amber and yourself to my lab and then Amber can use the spare Hunter Parts to make you a set of hands.'

'Hopefully one day I can get an android body Chwa. I may be a A.I. core has its advantages I would like to one day have a body to call my own.' Guardian will reply.

--------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, a NH90 Helicopter lands into the base as some men in black suits get off the helicopter the 3 men have sunglasses to cover there eyes and the group is short dormice, a pale white man with the skin signs of leucism and the last is a tall African American. The dormice will walk towards the main building being stopped by G.U.N. soldiers, but was allowed to proceed when the men showed their badges. The badges show there part of the United Federation Investigation forces. They will take the elevator heading up to Carville's office.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:45 am

"Artificial...person?" Rocky repeated.  "You view me...as a person?"

"Seems like she does, Rocky," replied Amber, "and I do too.  I always have.  You were always like a little brother to me.  Even before I met you, I thought of sentient robots as more like people than machines.  Guess it started with Short Circuit," the Hedgehog giggled.  "Johnny Five is alive!"

"You experienced a short circuit?"

"No, Rocky.  Short Circuit's a classic movie about a military bot who becomes sentient after a lightning strike,"  Amber replied while searching for the film on the TV's on-demand streaming service.  When the movie popped up a the top of the search results, she selected it and started it up.  "You seemed to relate to Zeta.  You'll probably be able to relate to the robot in this flick too."

Rocky swiveled his chair back toward the TV and watched the movie with his Hedgehog companion.

Meanwhile, Steel sat at Kikuta's bedside while the medic ran a scan on Dextetta's systems from his tablet computer.  "Hmm...This blood sample data doesn't just show Thanatos Serum.  It also shows....nanites?  Maybe these gave that Koren guy, or some of his friends, remote control over Dextetta.  Could they possibly be used to control a creature of flesh and blood like Gari?"

"Did GUN develop them?" asked Steel.

"Dexy would know about them if they were...and if she wasn't compromised right now.  Hopefully, I could transfer her program core and database to another shell....so long as these bugs don't come with."

Just then, the medic's tablet's screen went black before a message appeared, one character at a time, reading, "He will soon join us.  He will ascend and be grateful."

"Now those things must be crawlin' through my tablet.  I haven't been this freaked out by something tech-related since the last time I watched a Borg episode of Star Trek."

"What's going on, Gavin?"

"Your dad might end up bein' turned into some zombie cyborg Manchurian Agent.  Either those nanites in Dextetta just jumped into my tablet through the USB linkup...or they could be self-replicating...and just spread to it."

"If they self-replicate, and they're inside Father..." the battle android hung his head and grasped his creator's wrist.  "Father...please....be stronger than these nanites in your system."

Kikuta simply groaned.

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:12 pm

The 3 men in black enter the Major's office. Bruno will turn to look at the three men 'I didn't expect investigations to come here today.'

The Dormice will walk over as the other two stands near the door. 'I heard your team managed to intercept that metal, and we wanted to know the status of it.'

'Dr. Chwa is handling it. She checked it fully and once the civilian recovered she will handle the rest.'

With bruno's response the dormice climbs onto the table. He may be a short mobian, but he tries to look intimidating when standing on there.

'You know the United federation needs to know more of these things to benefit with our own research and development. We need to stay a step ahead of the empire's efforts in robotics, cybernetics, and other things. You are to surrender the Metal to us for study.'

The major will stand up, so he can see at eye level of the small mobian in suit 'Well I have my orders from the Federation Consul. I have jurisdiction here and the metal is staying here. You may be part of investigations and may be higher up the chain, but I have my orders and until I see documents for proof for the consul to take him I am not giving him over to you all.'

The dormice will jump down his face showing a sign of disgust. 'So if you want to play that way fine. We will return after the holidays when the consul reconvenes. We will get that metal. So you better watch it... Majorr.....' With that the three leave and with Bruno's hope they get off his base. He may be a loyal soldier, but he hates dealing with investigations. Half of them may be ex military, but the other half are brats that think they know everything all because they have a clearance higher than him. The bear will return to his seat and pick up the phone to call the hospital ' Security team, if you see 3 suits from investigations do NOT let them in. They don't have documents to take the metal, and they are to leave the premises.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:27 pm

One security guard picks up the phone and listens to Carville's directions.  "Got it, sir," he replied before turning to face his fellow guards.  "Guys, I have orders from Major Carville not to let any Investigations agents in here."

The other guards salute, and they all return to their posts.

Meanwhile, one of the three Dormice that visited Major Carville motions for his companions to leave him while he taps on his right wrist.  As soon as they comply, he begins speaking.  "Carville will not comply.  Activate our agent."

"Understood," replied a voice from the communication device on his wrist.

No sooner did the Dormouse end his conversation than Dr. Kikuta quickly jump out of his bed.  "Begin mission," he droned before pushing Steel aside and running toward Amber's room.

Steel quickly regained his bearings and shook his head in confusion.  "Wha-What's going on?  Father?"

"Better go after him, Steel.  It sounds to me like he's under the nanobots' control now," warned Gavin before proceeding to remove Dextetta's core from the Monobeetle.

Steel nodded and followed the now-brainwashed Kikuta as he made his way to Amber's room and kicked down the door.  "You will surrender the Defective Unit," he commanded in an uncharacteristic monotone.

"Father, NO!" Steel cried before nervously trying to pin Kikuta to a wall.

"Gari, what's gotten into you?" asked Amber.  "Since when have you been strong enough to kick down a heavy door?"

"Your questions are irrelevant.  I must recover Exterminator Model 01 for repairs," Kikuta replied.  Electrified needles then emerged from the scientist's fingernails and penetrated Steel's synthetic fur, shocking the android into submission.  "You will assist us," he droned before opening an access panel hidden behind Steel's fluffy patch of chest fur.

"Machina..." Amber said out loud.  "What have they done to Gari?"

"Tha-na-tos Se-rum....Na-nites..." Steel weakly replied.

Rocky watched nervously, knowing that something had to be done, but fearing what that would entail.  He didn't want Amber to risk further injury by confronting Kikuta, but he also didn't want to see Steel reprogrammed against his will.  At the same time, he didn't want to hurt anyone, not even this zombie-like scientist with sudden superhuman strength and abilities.  "I must...do something," he said out loud.  He studied himself, then his surroundings, before dashing toward Kikuta with his cannon arm outstretched.  "Please forgive me..." he whined as he pushed Kikuta away from Steel.  "Steel, are you alright?"

"Exterminator...Model?"

"Please...call me Rocky."

"That was brave."

"Are you still functioning normally?"

"My directives have been altered, but they conflict with the directives...of my heart.  It is still intact.  My father...was attempting to remove the latter.  You stopped him.  I know how you feel about using force, yet you did so to save me."

"I had to do something.  I could not allow you to be reprogrammed."

"Thank you.  My father...he has been injected with something called Thanatos Serum, as well as nanites....It's possible that, because of the former....my father...no longer exists...."  A tear rolled down the android's cheek.

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:24 pm

The Muskrat will run towards the scientist to attempt to Tackle him out of the room. Guardian will move in front of Amber and Chwa as the hornet body open up with tentacles with stun baton parts at the end of them ' Don't worry ma'dam. I shall keep you away from this monster.

The Alarms of the Hospital will go off as Carville will look out the window ' THE SAM HELL IS GOING ON THERE?'

The two birds were about to head home until the hospital alarm went off.

'Amber...' Ayelet will be shocked to see that something happen in the base.

Her older sibling will leap into action grabbing a Tavor TS12 From the Military jeep as he kicks the door down to look for the intruder.

The base will be on full alert as the soldiers stand around the helicopter ' Sorry. When lock down happens no one gets in or out of here. ' The dormice along with the two humans he was with will stop looking at the helicopter unable to leave due to the base alert.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:16 am

Amber smiled.  "Thanks, Guardian."

Steel readied his weapons at stood next to Guardian.  "I will too.  That man...at one time, he may have been my creator, but now...he's something else.  That must be why he never programmed loyalty to him into me.  Had he done so, I probably would've turned on you by now."

"Gari was one of Professor Mitsuda's brightest students," recalled Amber.  "Mitsuda always talked about the benefits of genuine loyalty over programmed obedience.  He never hardwired any sort of obedience program into Rocky, but Rocky came to call him his father...just like Steel with Gari."

While Amber spoke, Kikuta's body was rapidly being transformed into a robotic version of its former self, as if the nanites inside of him were eating his biological tissue as they reproduced.  The now-robotic Hedgehog then approached Rocky.  "Observations indicate that you will be receptive to combat programming.  I shall proceed with installation."

"No!" Rocky replied, thrusting his drill into a cable that extended from the robotic Gari's forehead.  "I would rather NOT fight!"

"Your recent actions contradict that statement."

Rocky backed away from the steadily-approaching robotic zombie.

Steel responded by firing a Plasma Pulse at what used to be his creator.  "You will leave him alone.  I don't know what you are now, but...you're no longer my father!"

While Steel, Guardian, and Rocky fought off the nanite construct that had fully consumed Kikuta's body, Gavin had entered the late scientist's lab with Dextetta's core and proceeded to pull up the schematics for Steel.

"G-Gavin?" spoke Rika, causing the young feline medic to jump.  "Oh...I am sorry."

"It finally happened, huh?  Gari always figured it would."

"Wh-What happened?"

"You grew out...Became sentient."

"That is...acceptable, G-Gavin?"

"Yeah," the Cat replied.  "I gotta get my MediDex back up and runnin', and I feel like it's time I went all in...made her an android instead of just stickin' her in a modified GUN bot shell.  I may have majored in medicine, but I minored in robotics.  I wasn't in Professor Mitsuda's class like Gari was, but we were in a robotics club together with this cute orange Hedgehog.  We've been really good friends ever since."

"Then...I wish you...the best of luck," the ceiling fan AI stammered as Gavin began building Dextetta's new body.  "By the way, wh-why did you major in medicine?"

"It's because of my dad.  When I was 10, he suffered a botched hernia repair that left 'im practically unable to eat solid food without a lot of pain.  I wanted to fix that.  I always liked tryin' to fix things.  Had Dad not suffered that butcherin', I would've majored in robotics like Gari."

"Did you...fix him?" asked Rika.

"I didn't get the chance...no...He died while I was still in college..."  Gavin began to cry.

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:59 pm

Guardian will use itself as a shield to protect Amber and Chwa from attack as it attempts to lash out with its tentacles onto the scientist turned machine. Hoping that the electric current from it's stun baton ends would help disable the robot than destroy it.

The Muskrat would fail to tackle the scientist down as he collides with the wall. He would get up and will yell at Kikuta ' Hey I'm not done with you yet. ' He will look to guardian and Rocky. ' Get Amber and Chwa out. Steel and I will handle this.' Nicholas will take out a USP handgun as this muskrat is ready for a fight.

While this is going on Shimson will move through the hospital as the staff starts to evacuate he would search for Amber's room with the help of a nurse hoping to get there in time to assist.

The Dormice will see that the situation is taking too long as he turns to look at two hunters guardian the helicopter. One of his eyes starts to glow as the hunter units monoeye turns Red and proceeds to attack the GUN personnel. The two agents will pull out there guns and start firing at the HUNTER units, but the albino one gets killed by the rampage. With this opportunity the Dormice will take his leave letting the chaos be the perfect distraction for him to move to Dr.Chwa's Lab to recover some data.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:10 pm

Rocky nodded and gently lifted Amber up with his forearms while she placed her good arm around his neck.  "Hang on, Amber.  I will attempt to get us to safety."  With those words, he proceeded to carry the Hedgehog out of the room, avoiding obstacles and people as he searched for a safe place.  As he turned the corner heading for the laboratory sector, he was stopped by a Hunter with its weapon trained on him.

"Defective Unit, stay where you are," commanded the hijacked GUN robot.  Rocky quickly turned right, only to be stopped by another Hunter, who proceeded to issue the same command.  It wasn't long before he was surrounded by Machina-controlled Hunters.  The Dormouse soon joined the Hunters, approached Rocky, grasped his left forearm tightly, and proceeded to release enough electricity into his systems to overload his circuits and painfully shock Amber, causing her to lose her grip on her friend and fall to the floor.

"Do not concern yourself with the female, XM-01.  She will soon mean nothing to you.  We now know how to breach Mitsuda's defenses."

Rocky didn't respond, his systems having shut down to prevent serious power surge damage.

"How'd you manage that?" asked Amber.  "Did you use connections within the police department to access the Mitsuda estate and steal his files?  Don't you think you've stolen ENOUGH from him?"

"You appear to be the one attempting to expose our activities to the public, correct?"

"Yes," Amber emphatically replied.  "Do you think I'd let you guys continue to work under the cover of secrecy after you killed my mentor, maimed my mother, and tried to steal and brainwash my best friend?"

"You cannot stop Machina, Hedgehog.  97.565% of Mobius does not believe your expository blogs, and you are not physically suited to battle us.  You have now cemented yourself as XM-01's first target once his repairs are complete."

"ROCKY would sooner self-destruct!"

"Currently, perhaps, but not for long," grinned the Dormouse as he transformed his hand into a micro-USB plug and prepared to open Rocky's access panel.

Amber growled as she pulled herself up and grabbed the Machina operative's transformed hand.  "You keep your cybernetics OFF OF HIM!" she shouted as she attempted to bend the hand away from Rocky.  The Dormouse's eye again glowed red, and one of the Hunters under his control fired on Amber.

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Guardian will move in the way as the bullets shatter the front armor of the hornet shell. Using his tentacles he would wrap chwa and Amber in them as it will try to make the escape. During that the Dormice will be shot at by Shimson which managed to arrive in time. The dormice will fall as the bird hopes he is down. ' Now for the--- what?' The dormice will get up, As one of the free arms will violently explode into mechanical tentacles which all form together into a spike.

'Damn it. I have to deal with a cyborg.' He will start opening fire with his shotgun as the dormice cyborg arm starts thrusting itself over to try to jab the spike into the bird, but he narrowly dodges it. The dormice other hand working on getting Rocky.

Meanwhile, the Muskrat continues to fire his USP, but with no effect to the scientist turn robot. The robot will start to attack him as the muskrat takes cover just to make a com call ' This is SC-294. Amber's hospital room is under attack by reprogrammed hunters, A robot, and a cyborg. I need assistance over here and bring my gun arm. My pistol is only tickling this thing!'

The Major will be heading towards the Hospital as soon as he gets the com call, but after he stops quickly to the armory to get the Muskrat his arm.

Aylet on the other hand will get out of the car and follow her brother into the Hospital taking her tablet and doctor's bag with her.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:57 pm

While the chaotic battle between Carville's soldiers and the Machina operatives raged outside, Gavin continued his work on Dextetta's upgrade despite the loud crashes and explosions rocking the entire compound.

"G-Gavin," began a startled Rika, "what is happening?"

"Sounds like a big fight.  Whoever hacked Dextetta and let that Koren guy into GUN must be makin' a big push outside.  I hope Steel's doin' alright."

"Are they...after the Metal?"

"They must be."

Seeing that the cyborg Dormouse was distracted by the Avian soldier, Amber grasped Rocky's wrist with her good arm and pulled herself up before reactivating the Hedgebot.  "Rocky, are you OK?"

Rocky ran a system check before responding.  "I have experienced minor power surge damage.  Terminal damage was averted by emergency shutdown."

"I guess that's better than you getting reprogrammed.  The creep who fried you was bragging about being able to breach the defenses in your systems.  Those defenses must be what kept Machina from being able to turn you into a killbot before."

"I would not wish to become one.  I would not want to destroy anyone...except at...Mario Kart?"  Rocky stepped backward in shock.  As far as he knew, he had no idea what Mario Kart was.

"That's something you used to say back in college, Rocky," Amber grinned.  "If we get through this, and I get a chance to do the hand upgrades in Chwa's lab, maybe I can see if she has a Nintendo console with a Mario Kart game."

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:25 pm

Carville will storm in along with Ayelet as he tosses the gun arm to Nicholas

'Thanks Major!' He will quickly de attaches the prosethic for the gun arm which is a plasma rifle. He will look to Steel ' Time to double team this thing.' the muskrat will aim at the robot that used to be a scientist and fires a stream of plasma bolts at him as he keeps covered in his position.

Ayelet will get to work using her tablet to try to scan the dormouse mainly trying to find the weak spot to hit him at.

Shimson continues to fire volley after volley of shotgun slug rounds at the dormouse. It is difficult to hit him due to the mouse's size and stature. The mouse has another surprise as the tail's fur and skin tears apart to reveal to have a laser at the tip.

' GET BACK!' the group moves out of the way as the laser fires cutting a line through the ceiling and floor with no problem. The Corrupted hunter units move in to try to capture the 4 still inside as one gets into hand-to-hand combat against Guardian.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:53 pm

Steel nodded and fired his own stream of Plasma Pulses at what used to be Kikuta, the combination of his and Nicholas' firepower pushing it into a pair of corrupted Hunters.  "It's time to shut this thing down," he announced as he raised his Neutralizer to max power.  This move was risky for him because the EMP could back-scatter and shut him down as well as his targets.  It would be worth it to stop this monstrosity though.  He quickly locked onto his target and fired, creating a large EMP blast that caused the former scientist to collapse into a pile of gray dust with only small bits of decaying organic tissue remaining.  In addition, a few of the corrupted Hunter units were also shut down.  As anticipated, the back-scatter also shut Steel himself down.

Thankfully, Rocky was far enough away from the back-scatter not to be affected, but he still sensed imminent danger as the ceiling above him and Amber began to crumble and fall from the Dormouse's laser tail.  He quickly raised both hands up to stop a large slab of ceiling from falling on Amber.  "Please run," he instructed.

"What about you?" Amber asked.

"For now, do not concern yourself with my well-being.  I will...be alright.  Go!"

"If you stay here, Machina's gonna haul you off to be reprogrammed!  You heard what that guy said about being able to breach your defenses," the orange Hedgehog protested.

"If you stay...you will be crushed.  Please...go.  You are not alone in trying to protect me from Machina.  Trust Steel, Carville, and the others.  I will be alright."

Amber sighed as tears welled up in her eyes as she ran for safety, eventually making her way to Kikuta's lab, where Gavin was still working on Dextetta's new body.

The Cat turned around when he heard Amber run in.  "Amber?  Is that you?  Haven't seen you since college.  Didn't expect to see you here.  You must be the one who was protecting the Metal."

"Gavin?  Yeah, it's me, and yeah, I'm protecting that 'Metal.'"

"He's not really a Metal, is he?"

"He's not.  He WAS Rocky Mitsuda...before Machina stole him and tried to weaponize him."

"Mitsuda?" Gavin asked.  "As in Hiroki Mitsuda?  That Metal is his android?"

"The very same.  Machina orchestrated the murder of Professor Mitsuda in order to steal and weaponize Rocky.  They knew Mitsuda was against weaponized AI and NEVER intended Rocky to be a warbot.  Fortunately, Rocky was programmed with security measures that kept them from being able to fully reprogram him, and he was able to escape them.  Now they're here, trying to reclaim him and finish what they started."

"Then they must be the ones who shot up Dr. Kikuta with Thanatos Serum and nanites, hacked my mobile MediDex, and left a creepy message on my tablet."

"No doubt."

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:36 am

The Muskrat will slide to the left side of Rocky while he's holding the slab. Jumping over to the dormouse pressing his plasma gun into the tentacle whipping arm and fires some bolts blowing off the cybernetic before kicking himself off the other short mobian and landing on the ground. ' I don't know who you are and how you got that advanced tech, but it's skill before tech.'

'Then we will se who's the better man in a fair fight. The other arm with spring out blades from the forearm.

Ayelet will finish scanning the dormouse. His tech is unknown, but from the weapons it's carrying and the only organic thing left being the brain she will yell to the group.

'IT'S A TYPE C. TRY TO FIND AND TAKE OUT THE MUSCLE CONTROL SYSTEM!'

Nicholas will unsheathe the combat knife holstered on his back getting into a combat stance. Hoping to hit the muscle control system in this fight while trying not to get himself killed.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:12 pm

Rocky knew that he couldn't hold the slab forever, but if he let go, everyone would be crushed.  He scanned his own systems, looking for a solution, which he quickly found.  His Plasma Pulse cannon hummed to life for the first time, and he proceeded to reduce the slab to dust, which would be fare less damaging to everyone around him.  "Is everyone alright?" he asked as soon as the dust settled.  "I hope...I did the right thing."

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:43 pm

The dormouse will run over to the Muakrat ready to end his life as the Muskrat run at him with his knife. And just like a stand-off the two clash and will be on the opposite side of each other. The dormouse turns to the Muskrat and some cuts open and blood leaks from them. ' I got the lucky shot.' before the dormouse collapses and falls down due to the damage to the muscular control system.

Ayelet will run to check on Nicholas wounds while Shimson stands guard as the hunters fall due to his shotgun.

The staff run in to check on Amber while the Major looks around ' What the sam hell happened here? I want to know who decided to try to kick us in the dang teeth at this time of day on a military base.'
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:06 am

"It was Machina, sir.  I...was their target," replied Rocky.  "They created me, or rather, recreated me...from a stolen civilian android called...Rocky Mitsuda.  Thanks to everyone here, I avoided being taken and successfully reprogrammed."

The Hedgebot looked around and produced a simulated sigh.  "I endangered you all with my presence, correct?"

One soldier walked up to Rocky, still brushing dust off of himself from the disintegrated ceiling slab.  "Naw, man...If it wasn't for you, I coulda been crushed under tons o' rubble.  That cannon arm o' yours saved my life."

"That is good, but I am the reason it was endangered," countered Rocky before turning back to Major Carville.  "If you wish, sir, I will leave.  I do not want to endanger you further."

While Rocky discussed his plans to leave in order to avoid attracting more Machina operatives, Gavin put the final touches on Dextetta's android body, which was modeled after a light red female cat with blue eyes, a white muzzle, white inner ears, and a white tail tip.  She was dressed in a spare lab coat, at least until she could get a proper outfit.  "System check complete," she announced in a voice that sounded 13 at most.  "MediDex Dextetta is online.  What happened?  Was Gari Kikuta given the antidote to the Thanatos Serum?"

"I don't think so," sighed Gavin.  "The nanites that were injected with the Thanatos Serum took over.  I don't know what all happened from there, but it seems to have gotten pretty chaotic.  Amber here could fill ya in."

"The nanites, and the Thanatos Serum, were administered by a Machina operative named Dr. Reginald Koren.  Machina is a secretive organization bent on machine supremacy and world domination.  They were after a robot they stole and attempted to weaponize that managed to escape.  That robot is Rocky Mitsuda."

"Rocky Mitsuda...Advanced Mobianoid AI Platform created by Professor Hiroki Mitsuda.  Rocky was being developed at the Westopolis Institute of Technology and was scheduled for unveiling on June 5 of this year.  He was reported stolen when Professor Mitsuda was found to have been murdered."  Dextetta's previously stoic facial expression shifted to one of shock and realization.  "Professor Mitsuda's murder must have been orchestrated to allow for the theft."

"Did you come to that conclusion on your own, Dextetta, and are you now a robotics database too?" asked Amber in surprise.

"Yes," replied Dextetta.  "I am now a RoboDex and MediDex, and new intelligence algorithms have been added to my programming."

"I told Rika up there that I'd be goin' all in with Dexy here," added Gavin with a smile.  "If Gari and Hiroki were still alive, do you think they'd be proud?"

"I know they would be," smiled Amber.  "Anyway, if there are enough spare parts here, I have a promise to keep to Rocky.  I've been meaning to give him a pair of proper hands since I first took him in.  I just hope he's still here."

"Well, let's go check," suggested Gavin as he headed for the door with Dextetta following.  Amber soon followed the two out into the wreck that used to be the hallway to find Rocky talking to Major Carville.  "Rocky!" the orange Hedgehog cried as she ran up to her robotic friend.  "Looks like you're still yourself."

"Yes, I am," he confirmed, the feeling of guilt still evident in his voice.

Amber put her hand on his shoulder.  "Rocky, this wasn't your fault.  It was Machina's.  It's because of Machina that you're in that killbot body.  Everything you've been through in the past six months has been because of Machina.  Now that Carville here knows the threat Machina poses, maybe he'll join the fight against them."

"I know at least one soldier here who will," grinned Gavin.  "Steel ain't gonna take too kindly to a bunch of machine supremacists or whatever takin' his father away from him.  Uhh...Where is he anyway?"

"Anti-Metal Prototype 01...Steel...is 245 feet due southwest of our current location.  Scans indicate he is inactive.  I will reactivate him," answered Dextetta as she darted off toward the sleeping android.

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:13 am

Ayelet will take care of Nicholas' wounds as the reporter will come in ' You have me stay in a building for one minute and some guys try to take the whole building down!' Sahla will shout over to Carville, before Shimson stop her

'Let him finished.'

Carville will nod as a thanks to shimson before he turns around 'I will have to report this command . I know a few in high command that will authorize this base in your efforts. I do know of what happen to Professor Mitsuda. His death was reported on the news at that time, but it is interesting that his android's AI is trapped inside that metal shell. For now, I would recommend getting .. Rocky that you are now calling yourself some hands, so he can help. My men and I know the risks ,but we wouldn't be soldiers if we do not understand the risks of the job. I am lucky though that we have no one die.. Well' he will look at the ash and does a bit of a prayer 'except for steel's 'Father'. We will give him a proper funeral.'

Guardian will help to clean out the area of the rubble while Chwa will get her keys out ' When you are ready Amber we can get Rocky some hands and after everyone rests we can speak more about machina and how to deal with them.'
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:32 am

Amber smiled at Chwa.  "Well, if Rocky's ready, then I'm ready too."

"I am ready," confirmed Rocky, "and once this upgrade is complete, I would be happy to help out with repairs."  The Hedgebot stepped back a bit and made a gasping sound when he reviewed what he just said.

"What's got you so surprised, Rocky?"

"The way I...worded that response.  It was so...natural.  It is unlike how I have spoken since activation, but somehow, it is familiar.  It must be how I spoke before Machina attempted to weaponize me."

"Yeah.  I think you're rediscovering who you used to be," Amber confirmed with a smile before patting Rocky on the head.

While Amber, Chwa, and Rocky discussed hand upgrades, Dextetta had made her way to where Steel's deactivated body lay.  She blinked her eyes and proceeded to scan his systems.  "Scan indicates mild EMP damage," she announced.  "Memory loss is 87% probable.  Still, he should be reactivated."  The feline gynoid reached behind Steel's backmost quill and reactivated the battle android.  "Steel, report status...Are you alright?"

Steel blinked his eyes and stared at Dextetta for a bit.  "Dextetta...Is that you?  You look great," he said with a smile.

Dextetta smiled back, mostly just copying her companion's expression.  "I look good?  Thank you."

"Nice smile," Steel complimented before standing up.

"I am simply replicating your facial expressions.  I am adapting to my new shell and program upgrades."

"I'd say you're adapting pretty well.  My father would be proud of Gavin's work on you."

"It is likely that Gari Kikuta is no longer with us."

Steel looked back at what remained of his creator and vaguely remembered what happened.  "I had to...destroy him...or...what he became...He...He was already gone."

"I was unable to report the presence of nanites before a system breach occurred.  I was also...unable to report on the...antidote to Thanatos Serum."  Dextetta's smile curved downward into a frown.  "I am sorry.  I did not perform at optimum levels."

"I blame Reginald Koren far more than I could blame you, Dextetta," Steel reassured, placing a hand on his fellow android's shoulder.  "You were just another one of his victims.  If he hasn't paid for his crimes yet, he will"

"We should join the others," suggested Dextetta as she lead Steel to where Carville, Chwa, Amber, Rocky, and Gavin were gathered.

"You're right.  This place is a mess.  We should help with repairs...and I have a promise to keep to my sister of sorts, Rika."

"You view Dr. Kikuta's IntelliBreeze as your sister?  I do not understand.  She is not his creation."

Steel chuckled.  "She's like an adoptive sister.  When she grew out and started feeling emotions, I was the first she revealed them to.  She never really got the chance to open up to my father, but he told me that he'd embrace her sentience with open arms.  He told me that he didn't just buy her because he wanted a new ceiling fan in his lab, but because he knew of her potential.  He wanted to adopt her."

"That is...cute," Dextetta commented, her lips curling back upward into a smile.

"That smile again...I think it's more than just mimicry, Dextetta.  I think you're developing emotions of your own."

"If you grow out, don't worry about me not accepting it, Dexy," grinned Gavin as the two androids approached him.  "Your AI was originally in the same class as the early E-100 robots, and rumor has it that one became sentient before it was destroyed.  The modifications I made during your upgrades may have brought it up a class.  I did that for two reasons.  One was to increase your potential.  The other was to allow you to better defend yourself against hacks to your system.  I've loved the idea of bots with feelings and personalities ever since I watched Star Wars as a kid.  The reason I never explicitly programmed a personality into you is because I wanted to see how one would form naturally."

"I like what's emerging so far," smiled Steel.

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next