Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Level Up System

5 posters

Go down

Should there be a level up/ranks system?

Level Up System GDMEGbg91%Level Up System 0lNb1KJ 91% 
[ 10 ]
Level Up System GDMEGbg9%Level Up System 0lNb1KJ 9% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 11

Level Up System Empty Level Up System

Post by Electrisa Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:29 pm

HELLO this is a first suggestion ever, how amazing!
I'm writing this to no-one right now! I'm the only member! It's a weird feeling

..Well I think everyone knows how levelling up works. You do something, you get exp and then you get stronk! ...Or gain respect, cause in this case, I guess it'll be more a status thing than actually getting stronger.
YEAH!
So I know some people are interested in a rank system, but the question is, how do we go about it? What would you guys want it to have? I thought there could be like.. stars on the ID Cards indicating what level your OC is, (Or letter ranks like you suggested in the chat, like in Sonic games!) but I'm not too sure on what the rewards could be just yet.
And there's also the question if this system is even necessary. Maybe it's too gamelike, and we shouldn't do it?

Still, if you think there should be a level up system, suggestions on what would be gained from it would also be great ;u;
Here's what I gathered from the chat and thought of so far:

- ability to submit more OCs
- ability to create teams...? Though teams themselves don't quite exist yet, but I remember people talking about them when we thought of Guild!
- entering some sorta HALL OF FAME thing when you reach maximum level???
- IC rewards for your character, like money, or some.. cool gadget!

Well, anyway. It's definitely a thing we can implement - I just didn't wanna do it quite yet cause I wanna see if people want it, and if we can develop it a bit more. Feel free to post your ideas!
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Level Up System Empty Re: Level Up System

Post by ChaoticBou Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:15 pm

Okay! So I'd imagine it like how you level up in RPG's, the harder the task, the more EXP you get!

What if we let commissioners write down a certain amount of EXP as a reward? They just need some kind of parameter for how heavy a task should be for a big amount of EXP.
For example; if you go get groceries for someone, you'll get 4 EXP. When you have to return an picnic basket that's on top of a mountain, you'll get 80 EXP and when you have to take down a military organisation you'll get 200 EXP.

Do note that all RP's take time, and they should also be rated on how long the RP would actually take.

You don't want this to go unregulated though. There has to be some limit to how much EXP a person can give. I can see this going two ways:

1. The admins (or some other force) checks all quests and adjust the EXP count if so needed.
2. The more EXP you have yourself, the more you're allowed to give away on a quest! (Without losing it yourself of course.)

So yeah those are my ideas. Hopefully you can do something with it!
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by HalfmoonHex Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:19 pm

Maybe XP could be directly related to your word count on the RP? This is a site about roleplaying after all, that would inspire people to be more ambitious. It would also give a pretty even metric for everyone playing. Type X words get X points.
HalfmoonHex
HalfmoonHex
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:38 pm

Going on from Hex's point, because I personally think that could actually work very well, you could set up an XP 'multiplier'. What I mean by this is say you get an easy task and you write a total of 5000 words (I'm literally guessing right now, I have no clue how many words a RP usually takes up but it's probably more per person), you can multiply that by 0.1 so 5000x0.1 = 500 XP. 

When you get a 'medium' task, you can set the multiplier to 0.4 and when you get a difficult task you could make it 0.8 or maybe even 1 for example.

Either that or you could set up a table with difficulty of a task, amount of words and the number of points you'd get for that amount if you get what I mean.

http://prntscr.com/hy71k7

Hopefully this helps illustrating what I mean a bit better, these are no way numbers that should be used, I just filled them in for reference to get the idea.
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:06 pm

@Bou: I like the idea of a certain amount of EXP depending on the toughness of the quest (AND if it's finished, cause we all know RPs tend to die before finish sometimes)

And @Hex and Dione, the idea sounds ok, though I have two major problems with it:

1. Aren't you afraid it'd lead to unnecessary dragging of posts and we would end up with.. you know, something like.. this ?

2. Unless we find some add-on for forumotion that counts words, IIII am not up for counting words in everyone's posts xD
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:14 pm

Yeahhh that first one's a big problem, gotta admit that. I guess we'd just have to trust our members to not treat this as a school essay but really as a hobby, something you should stay fair with... ^^; 

But the second one is easily fixed, you could copy your post into word, see what that says and put your word count in an ooc bit at the end of your post so it's easily added up in the end
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:18 pm

The way I thought it could kinda work best is have a sort of "rank-up chance" mission every couple of months or so. So, maybe an admin could set up a mission that, upon completion or failure, could allow each member to go up a rank, and take on more difficult missions, etc.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:44 am

That miiight work, Dione. Although then it can easily be fake-upped up...
But in this case, I have a proposition - what if after the quest, the "game master" that led the RP, or one of the RPers you chose among yourselves, would tally up the words of each of the RPer's input, and then post the numbers in the quest thread? This way there would be a smaller chance they'd lie and up everyone's counts, plus it'd make the job easier on staff I admit ;-; (I just wanna say - I don't mean I don't trust you guys, but you know we stumbled upon some more.. shady people before. And I know sometimes younger members like to try and shine so they seem better than they are)

And red, it sounds good in theory, but in practice I'm afraid it'd be tougher to do. Besides - I kinda feel like this would make levelling up a bit less rewarding, if every few months you get to rank up solely by joining a special quest.
I'm not saying they won't exist, but I think it's more rewarding and fair if levelling up happens over a course of several RPs and effort put into it by the RPer.
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:45 am

That could make it easier, yeah, to let the GM 'count' the words. I totally understand what you mean by the shady people and younger members trying to bump up their word count. Maybe there's another way around it, but I'm not sure how.. I'll give it another think when I'm a bit more awake because right now I'm a bit brain dead! ^^;
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down