Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Once a fighter...

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Once a fighter... Empty Once a fighter...

Post by Valtiel Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:32 pm

The night was cold and dark, the sky practically pitch in shade. The stars were hiding tonight, all that was visible in the sky were blackened clouds and the moonlight peeking out from behind them. The streets were mostly silent this hour of the night. Most people were asleep by now, and most establishments we're closed. However, a few establishments remained awake, even in these late hours.

One such establishment sat in the heart of one of the city's older districts. Valtiel's Bar, which sat right next to a warehouse. If it wasn't for the flickering, light blue, neon sign, the establishment wouldn't stand out much from the other run down buildings around the area. Nothing about the bar exactly radiated excellence in appearance, but neither did the rest of the buildings in the area.

Inside the bar was what was to be expected, mostly. Several tables surrounded by barstools, a few booths, and of course, the bar itself. Surprisingly, the bar looked much nicer from the inside than it did on the outside. Not too unusual at first glance.

The bar was silent and practically empty aside from two figures. With one of them is where the bar began to deviate from the norm. Behind the counter stood what appeared to be a white and blavk E-Series robot with with red trim and a single blue optic in the center of it's helm.

The second figure behind the counter was a mobian, canine in nature, with light grey fur, blue highlights, a white mane, and dressed in an all black track suit with white stripes. The mobian woman looked a bit worn, a few scars somewhat visible beneath her fur. Her bright, nearly glowing, eyes had an tired look to them. She glanced down at an empty glass in her hand as she scrubs it with a wash cloth, attempting to polish the glass to a high shine.
Valtiel
Valtiel
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Once a fighter... Empty Re: Once a fighter...

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:34 pm

-Days had come and gone much quicker these days it seemed, months went by like they were mere hours, yet all across this time the mysterious figure some only could remember because of his striking contrast between the colors he wore to the distinct blue tinted visor and charcoal grey that was he's signature look.

traveling here there and just about every where, there was no rest for this guy, over the many months while there was no work there was never a shortage of places to be and things to do, course times were a lot tougher when you found himself far away from the comfort of Lysanders base, he's most trusted alley.

In these circumstances the young figure was often forced to sleep in the open, make do with what he had and just last as long as he needed to before he could find some kind of shelter, truth be told he had seen better days.

A had happened in mere months, Shrike had met new beings, befriended a massive bipedal war machine, reached a snowy mountain top to destroy a artifact, suffered memory loss, and if he could remember the rest a bit else. 

The figure had been treking for some time, speed was slow as he was parched, and had not eaten in a day, rations long depleted by then, thankfully tho it seemed spending another night in the woods would not be happening, the figure could sight of lights and the sound of beings ahead..a town...a settlement...a place to stay.

Shrikes cloths and gear had been drenched, after making his was through a recent storm he looked like he walked straight out of a water fall, tho he didn't seem to care, that or he was just far to tiered to give a shit right now.

Upon entering the town, it was a welcome relief, now perhaps he could at least sit down and find something to eat before marching off again, he paused for a moment in the streets of the unfamiliar town, looking left, right then forward.

"Man I keep forgetting how bad I am with directions.."

-He mentioned the same filtered voice had no changed that was for sure, he pressed on he's gear making sounds as the thick black steel cap combat boots hit the ground, suddenly out the corner of his eye he spotted a place, he slowly turned to face it. 

There was a name written on it, a name light up..."Valtiels Bar." Wow that name harken back to a good few days, sadly he believed those days to be long gone in the past, like many others, still it was a bar and it would have to do.

The armored figure approached it, there standing infront of the entrance was a familiar yet strange figure. A mobian Canine decked out in a all black track suit with markings he could quite remember but it was enough to make him pause for a moment and star at her, he eyed her, feet to head, yet only for a moment before the armored figure marched on and into the establishment eyeing her as he entered.

In the bar the bartender was no living being, it was a freaking E series robot, he had not seen one of those since...that day....he slowly approached the the counter and sat himself down, putting he's rifle down against he's seat, the figure peered back to look upon the mobian once more then back at the robot.- 

"Do you ever get one of those feelings of Déjà vu, I swear I'v seen you before....I think you were some kind of...butler...hang on a moment....Sectus...is...is that you!?" 

-Took a while for Shrikes memory to hit harder then a tank shell, course he may be just be mistaking the beings for some one else but he was certain the character before him as the robot himself.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Valtiel Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:19 pm

At first the duo seemed unphased, both going about their duties. Sectus was running an internal scan at the moment and Valtiel pretended she was too busy cleaning glasses to look up and greet the patron. "Aye, go ahead and find a seat. I'll get ta ya in a minute." Said the mobian in a very thick Australian accent.

"Sire Shrike?" replied the E-Series clone, an inflection of surprise carried through the robot's vocal processor. Sectus' optic would bulge in surprise if it could. It instead settled for zooming in and scanning every detail of the individual until the machine has gathered enough data variables to confirm it's suspicion. The voice, armor, posture. It was him. 

Before Sectus could state his affirmation that it was indeed Shrike, the mention alone seemed to have caught Valtiel's attention. The young jackal-wolf took a deep inhale, an involuntary gasp when hearing the name. The silence is quickly broken by the sound of shattering glass. Valtiel's grip around the glass loosened, and it slid from between her fingers, shattering on the counter top.
"S-Shrike?!" Valtiel's bright blue eyes widened, her bottom lip quivering slightly as she spoke. "Shrike, is that you?"
Valtiel
Valtiel
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:04 pm

-Shrike seem to have hit the nail on the head, atleast here he's memory did not fail, yet for so many others he had forgotten. Tho it was almost impossible to forget the iconic E series machine, he was the only E series Shrike had ever seen with he's eyes, and the follow up voice confirmed it, it was indeed Sectus.-

"I don't believe it, but it's true you still operational, even after all this time I guess the lady has been taking good care of you...and probably not using you as much as a shield any more...nice place you got here, honestly didn't think I would see you again.."

-He said scratching the back of he's neck, just then Shrike heard a shatter of glass to he's rear, the figure slowly turned armor to see her standing there at the entrance before him. She was the one standing out side yet...he didn't know before hand, if it were any where else the two could of walked right past one another and never known it.-

"Hello again Val....it's sure been a long time...I never thought I would see you again, I thought you guys may of packed your things and left to the far side of the world...."

-Shrike stood up from the small round seat he sat on and walked directly towards her stopping mere inches from her, tho he's gear may of changed, inside it was still the same man she knew well long ago, and to him it was still the same lady he crossed paths with that day, tho she could not see he's face Shrike was over the moon to see her and Sectus again, some things never changed with him.-

"it is you..I can't believe I just walked by you with out even thinking of it...my memory is not the same as it use to be...it's not age..that is a interesting story in on it self......but god damn Val..its good to be back here with you."

-He opened he's arms not knowing if she wanted a hug or what else but Shrike was in a extremely good mood now, after trudging through the dark, through the rain and storm, running out of food and sleeping on what ever he could find, he's moral reached high coming back into contact with the most awesome lady to date, now he wanted to see how she would react to him.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Valtiel Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:10 am

By the looks of it, Shrike was right. Sectus was in a pristine condition. His paint, chassis, everything, just as if he was fresh of the assembly line. The robot vocalized a jolly chuckle whilst holding it's right servo over the belly of it's chassis. Sectus found amusement in Shrike's remark, specifically about being a shield. "Yes, indeed, Sire Shrike! I have been operating at an optimal value. It seems as if the years have been less kind to you, Sire." Sectus remarked as his optic finished scanning the worn out soldier. "Would you li-" The robot stopped just as his audio receptors picked up the sound of shattering glass. Sectus' optic shifted over to his master, Valtiel.

Valtiel stood still for several moments, her bright blue's wide, like a deer in the headlights. She was flooded with an overwelming wave of emotions that she wasn't quite sure how to handle or manage. Her body language displayed the same sentiment, her bottom lip quivered for several moments more, accompanied by a slight twitch of her left eye.

For a few seconds, the room was dead silence as Valtiel processed what- no, who she was seeing. She couldn't believe it herself. Finally, she broke the silence.

"S-Srike, I figured ya ta be a dead man..." She paused momentarily. "I can't say I'm much surprised you ain't though... It's nice ta see ya again..."

She took a deep breath, trying to regather herself and her thoughts before stepping over the glass to embrace the armor clad man with a hug, a tight one at that. She closed her eyes, getting lost in the moment. Though, the moment didn't last long before Valtiel began to notice how soaked the soldiers uniform was. "Shrikester, yer soaked... Been out in the rain all night or are ya just that excited ta see me?" She teased him in a friendly tone before stepping back from the hug, looking up into the visor of the soldier.
Valtiel
Valtiel
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:40 am

-Probably not the best idea to hug after just emerging from a rain filled night, but Shrike was so tiered at this point he over looked many things, he held her in the hug for several moments, taking him back all those many years ago...back when things were...better..the better days...tho he gently let her go after realizing that well she was probably drenched now. 

You could visually see the water still running down and off he's clothing and gear, small drops dripping down off the edge of he's helmet. He remark was amusing to say the least, not what he expected to hear but he thought why not play along.-

"I guess I could say the same for Val with that little cute lip wiggle you had going on there, was not sure if having a fit or extremely pleased to see me when walked in..hmh."

-Up close she could see he had seen better days, worn, cold, tiered..loss of weight, cuts and bruises across he's exposed forearms...it seemed like after they parted ways Shrike's life had not been going so well, her other remark about him being dead was..well a fairly common one by many to assume it, hell he was still surprised himself that had not kicked the bucket by now...some times he sure did feel like it tho, course he would never admit it.

"You and most of the world seemed to of thought it, things changed, a lot changed I kinda felt like it was turning into just me..against the vastness of this world to be honest, I always assumed myself you guys had...simply moved on to better times."

He looked down at her for several moments just to see her again, just to take it in and remember all the days so long passed, he let out a little sigh, whether it was good or bad impossible to tell. 

For now he was going to enjoy this time..it may not last forever..and he was never really sure when once more he had to venture back into the lonely world, for now tho he gently guided the jackle-wolf over to the bar counter top, pulling a seat for her as he sat himself down right beside her, gently leaning his one elbow on the counter.- 

"This place you got here is rather nice, I never figured you would open a bar, I always imagined you to...maybe go into arms dealing or actor or something along those lines you know what I mean...but I guess the most important thing to know is...you still alive...that is the most important...well to me that is."

-He said in a almost shy tone towards her, he's helmet unfortunately masked much of he's emotion at this point, the filter system made it impossible to detect heavy changes in vocal tone.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:03 am

(I received on good word that I was given permission to join in? If not, I'm ok to take down the post.)

A slight rain had been cycling through the surrounding neighbourhood, infecting the cold, and nearly moonless night. While the small White Crescent was still visible in the sky, it cast very little light, and even then, it was mostly covered with the thick clouds who so often released their pent up precipitation. 

Rain flecked against the grey foxes window, the glass beginning to pick up quite a bit of moisture, from the previous spots of rain earlier in the night. It was open slightly, allowing for the chill breeze to slip under the curtains and wade its way into the room. The room itself was rather strange, tables stood around the circumference, littered with pieces of scrap metal, spare cables and tiny screens, not to mention the countless varieties of tools that lay scattered about the room, floor included.

There was, however, a dining table, which lay mostly clear, a sofa, and armchair, a small tv and modest kitchen, which the fox was grateful for. The grey and white fur on his chest and arms prickled slightly as the cold wind wafted in from outside, picking up some of the grease and dust that lay only inches away on the other side of the wall.

While he'd managed to score a decent apartment, the neighbourhood had seen better days, crumbling brick houses, blocks of apartments, and the dim glow of an orange streetlamp standing nearby the cracked tarmac road down below.

"Jeez it's cold."

He stood up to grab the window, in an attempt to close it, but knocked something off of the armchair, which he was previously sat in.

The fox stopped, to look at what had fallen. It was his lab coat, covered in grease stains from the hydraulics lying on a nearby table, and scratches from the tangles of wire he worked with on a day-to-day basis over at GUN.

He picked it up, forgetting about the chill night air, and instead tossing the robe off to the side, grabbing and donning a relatively clean T-shirt from a nearby table. The dark green of the shirt didn't really clash with his brown trousers, but it certainly wasn't something that the fox wore often.

The last few months had been quite down-putting, with large machines of war readily laying waste to small towns, alongside other problems. His friend had become quite distant recently, asking for information, and then falling silent.

"Gonna hit the bar."

He checked for his wallet and house keys before slipping on some shoes and opening the front door. The small staircase outside his apartment was unpleasant to say the least, but after a few years, one got used to it.

Instead of just visiting the usual bar, the fox figured he'd take a walk and find somewhere new to get a drink. 

He'd continued to walk through the dilapidated suburb, eventually making his way to a warehouse district, and was contemplating the risks of turning around and heading back, when a neon blue flickering caught his attention. No doubt a bar, or nightclub. At this point he wouldn't have been too bothered if it was either.

A slight squelch emanated from within his shoes, the rain having caught up with him at some point in his travels and causing the fox to step into a rather deep puddle. 

As he drew closer the fox kept his eyes trained on the door, hoping that the bar wouldn't be closed to visitors, after all, it was late, and the likelihood of patrons at this time of night, surrounded by warehouses was slim.

By the time he reached the establishments door, his fur was drenched, but he'd discovered that the place had been named 'Valtiel's Bar' He'd never heard of the place, but at this point, he doubted if he'd remember it if he got too carried away, names didn't tend to stick with him.

He opened the door with a slow push and quietly made his way to the bar, not even noticing the shattered glass, E-Series Robot, or the Lack of a Bartender at the counter and the Soldier standing by the door. 

The fox had become engrossed in sub-concious thought, and completely missed the absolute spectacle that was taking place around him. Oblivious to the broken glass, he leaned in close to the counter, resting one sopping arm on the wooden tabletop.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by Valtiel Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:27 pm

Valtiel gave Shrike a toothy grin and a chuckle in response to Shrike's comeback before brushing off whatever water she could, but to little avail. Parts of her fur remained matted down from the water. In any other situation she'd be agitated by this, though, given the circumstance she made an exception. She was just glad to see Shrike again. However, she wished he was in better condition.

A concerned look slowly began to paint itself across the jackal-wolf's face. She had just now started to realize the state Shrike was in. It worried her to say the least, but it wasn't her place to scold the Merc for getting himself so beaten up, even if she wanted to. Besides, she was glad he was still alive after all he's been through.

"Yeah, ye certainly look like ye been fightin' the world... Goodness, Shrike, ya really gotta take better care of yerself. And as for better times, there ain't no such thing without me favorite bodyguard!" She paused a moment, eyes darting to Sectus for a brief second.
"Err, favorite, uh, flesh and blood body guard that is." She flashed both him and Sectus a warm smile.

"Yes, Sire Shrike! You were quite missed in your absence!" Sectus added in passing as Shrike approached the bar, Valtiel following behind him. "Shall I clean up the glass, Ma'am?" Sectus inquired.

"No, just leave it for now, Sectus, we'll get it later. Just stay behind the counter and get our boy Shrike anythin' he wants on the house."

Valtiel replied as she wiggled around a bit in her barstool, trying to get comfortable. Once seated, she turned to Shrike, leaning up against the dark oak wood of the countertop as she listened to him speak.

"Aye? Thanks. Didn't figure I'd open a bar either. Funny ya mention arm's dealin' though. I've done a bit 'o that, still do sometimes. I see yer still runnin' around playin' hero, aye? Ya really ought to settle down, mate."

Sectus repositioned himself behind the counter, standing directly across from the other two. The robot politely waited for a break in the conversation to interject briefly.

"Would you like me to get you anything, Sire Shrike?" The robot asked just as a new patron entered the bar.

"Ah, welcome to Valtiel's Bar, Sir! Make yourself comfortable. If you need anything please be sure to inform me!" Sectus greeted the newcomer in a friendly tone.
Valtiel
Valtiel
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:58 pm

-Shrike gently rubbed his hand across the counter of the bar he sat at staring at he's worn glove, while Val talked to him, almost lost in a little sense of thought yet still in tune with what she was saying...remarking on he was still kicking, even if things had gone just down hill in recent times, perhaps sheer stubbornness to accept the outcome, or that he knew that after the latest experiment from he's trusted ally back home, Shrike would possibly walking across a world for many many many more years to come..maybe even out lasting all he's allies in the long run.

She also remarked on how he should be taking better care of himself which he gently nodded, he probably should have, but I guess there was only so much he could do with what he had, tho he was happy to know she at least happy to have him back.-

"I know Val...I know...I Just wish things could of been different..certain events had never happened...I might of been better off...just like you and I perhaps its the sheer...you know..stubbornness still keeping me on my feet....either that or Lysanders new experiment to me really did pay off......Oh..I guess maybe that is a little to much info on that...but in the end if I could I would be the body guard till the very end..."

-Shrike rolled he's neck a little clicking it a bit, he's neck was not concealed by gear and well it was certainly looked like he had not really been shaving all that often, looking a little rough around the edges there himself. Shrike was surprised bout the arms deal aspect but with how things went and a sudden flash back of a run in with a notorious figure he couldn't quite remember the name of, way back when they first secured Sectus's new body it kinda made sense she would here and there. She continued to remark of he's run and gun hero style of life and wondered if he wanted to settle down...a interesting question, one he wanted to answer but not sure how to go about doing that.-

"Hero huh...not a term beings have used with me...I ain't not hero Val just some one doing whats best in the time of need, I ain't got the moves like the worlds true hero's wouldn't last a second in their league....settling down huh....I...I never thought of it...Settle down where..how..and possibly with who...I highly doubt any one would wanna do that with a guy like myself."

-He looked at her for a few seconds before looking back at he's hand upon the soft counter top.-

"Maybe....maybe one day...tho..I'm surprised you haven't really...gone from arena fighter..arms dealer..bouncer..and now owner of your very own bar..i'm impressed...figured much the same with you why you never settled down either..got yourself a nice house...all the..music boxes your heart desires..and who knows maybe some one to share it with...you just the type to keep on the move ?"

-Sectus asked nicely towards Shrike if he wanted any thing, Shrike looked up at the racks behind the robot to see if there was any thing he'd fancy, he shook he's head slowly.-

"Not right now man...I'm..kinda broke at these days...heh."

-Suddenly Shrikes attention radically shifted he's head turning to spot a figure enter the bar, Shrike eyed him, a fox..a fox he had seen before...yep it was non other then Darken.- 

"Hey hey! Darken...look who it is!.....Good to see you bud...been a while huh..hard to believe we keep bumping into each other so often."

-He said waving he's single arm to try and grab he's attention, he really wanted to introduce him to Val and Sectus.- 

"Don't worry Val he is a good guy, myself and him have been through quite a bit..he been through quite a bit on he's own...met him during a botched encounter in the Shamar desert...lucky enough to make it out of that scorched hell hole."
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:05 am

He zoned out to the conversation taking place around the bar, still failing to notice the E-series robot who offered him some assistance, to which he halfheartedly shook his head. The fox was not yet ready to waste the night away with a drink, instead he was focused on other things, lost deep in thought.

Even when the familiar Solder mentioned his name, he took little notice, however his ears twitching at the mentioning of Shamar. He wasn't exactly sure of in what context the state had been mentioned, but it did bring him out of the subconscious thought. He turned his soaked head towards the two of them.

"Y'know if you're planning to venture-"

It was at that moment that the fox realised who else was present.

"Oh god."

A weary smile played across the fox's facial features as he stood up, seeing the freelancer soldier for the first time in a while brought his spirits back up. In light of recent events he'd feared that everyone he knew was beginning to abandon him, but here Shrike was.

"Shrike!"

He stepped over to the pair of them, holding out a hand to the freelancer to shake. It'd been a very long time indeed. Darken then realised that the Shrike and the Bartender seemed to be old friends. 

"Hi, name's Darken. Him and I have met a few times in the past, but by the looks of it, the two of you seem to know each other quite well, I don't want to interrupt anything?"
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Valtiel Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:26 am

Valtiel's eyes continued to scan over her old body guard as he spoke, gradually picking up on more and more new details with each look-over. There was a lot to take in, especially after all this time. She raised a brow at the mention of an experiment, but decided she didn't want to pry.

"Whadda talkin' bout, Shrikester? If ya could. Psst. Of course ya can be me body guard until the end. Ya know I got ways ta make plenty 'o cash."

She was quiet for a few moments, thinking over his statements about settling down. She didn't quite have all the answers herself, especially since she more or less felt the same way. After a few more silent moments she gave the soldier a warm, inviting smile, slowly reaching her hand out. She placed her hand firmly on his shoulder, giving him a friendly nudge.

"Aye, mate. We'll find a way ta settle down eventually. And ta answer ya honestly... Yes. I'm the kinda lass ta keep on the move. Though, I ought to admit it ain't always by choice. Got a few prices on me head, a lot of debts ta pay off, and more enemies than I can count."

She frowned briefly, pulling her hand back from his shoulder, resting it on the countertop in front of her whilst taking in a deep sigh. She looks ahead of her for a short amount of time before hearing Sectus greeting a new patron.

She snaps back into the moment, turning her attention to the newcomer as Shrike greets him. Looks to be one of Shrike's friends, which meant he was more than welcome around these parts as far as she was concerned. She gave the mobian a large smile and a respectful bow of the head.

"Ello, I'm Valtiel, and that over there is Sectus!" She gestured towards the E-Series, which had begun on a few chores around bar as he didn't seem to be needed at this very moment.

"Aye, don't worry 'bout it. If yer a friend of Shrikester yer a friend o' mine. Just tryin' to convince 'em ta take better care of himself is all. Hell, maybe ya can help me knock some sense into our boy 'ere."

Valtiel
Valtiel
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:55 am

-Shrike stood himself up to shake the foxes hand greeting him just and proper, cause now he had the opportunity to introduce him to probably the best duo he knew thus far, he hoped they would get along so first he introduces Val cause ladies first.-

"Darken I'd like you to meet Valtiel, she is a amazing lady, best damn hand to hand fighter I'v seen and a tough one to boot, she can hold her own in any fight, loyal and many many others things but you get the just of it.

-Shrike extends he's hand out to point at val while he looked at Darken.- 

Valtiel this is Darken, I met him a good while ago and we have been through a bit together, if you ever need some one with the technical know how combined with guts of steel this by the guy to go to, he is a good guy, loyal, hard working and is not a push over despite what you may thing or see."

-Shrike took a small step back point towards the large E series robot behind the counter that was non other then Sectus.-

"And this here Darken is Sectus, a E series robot, faithful alley to Valtiel, I helped secure him he's new body for him a long time ago with Vals help, he is loaded for bear just like you would expect for a E series, but ontop of that he is a great guardian for Val, very hands on, protective, butler, friend, meat shield, load carrier.....yea you get the point.

So if you two just excuse me for a moment while you talk I need to check something out side real quick."

-Shrike got off he's seat for a moment departing the bar to head out side, why he needed to do so was not yet know tho it did give the 3 currently in the bar some time to get to known Darken a bit more, maybe figure out if there were any common traits with them, or stories they wanted to share.

Out side Shrike stared up at the night sky, stars, stars from one side to the other, maybe one of the last things he still enjoyed on this world was to watch the night sky, its stars and distant worlds glowing and fading, a small trail of clouds past by as a gentle gust blew down the street..huh..maybe he could also dry off while standing out side.- 

"Man...sure is one clear sky tonight all of a sudden..." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:30 pm

The fox then held a hand out to Valtiel, realising that as the owner of the bar, he probably should have shaken her hand first.

She seemed to have fair grey fur with blue highlights, natural or not, her appearance was rather stunning, throwing him back to some memories long suppressed, but with the current situation he clawed his way back into the present.

It seemed that Valtiel and Shrike went way back, at what point they first met he was unsure, but they seemed to be pretty good fiends, and a friend in Shrikes book is a friend in his book. And friends were hard to come by these days.

"It's an honour, a friend of Shrike's is a friend of mine."

Then Shrike gave his description of him to Valtiel, who seemed to have traits of both a Jackal and a Wolf. He smiled bashfully, while some of it might've been true, the fox usually preferred not to draw attention to himself.

"Please, I'm not all that."

And Finally he was introduced to the E series robot, Sectus. Which had suddenly taken up the foxes attention. An E-series robot. A stolen E-series robot- surely it was stolen, the fact that it was standing before him was enough for him to guess- standing in the bar, a bartender no less.

"Wow. Name's Darken, it's good to meet you Sectus."

Suddenly, it seemed that the freelancer soldier had a more pressing matter to deal with, quickly making his way to the exit, leaving the three of them within the bar. 

"So, uh... Valtiel, where'd you learn to fight?"

The fox was not the best with Icebreaker questions, and having been suddenly thrown into the spotlight caused a cold sweat to break out across his forehead.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Valtiel Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:56 am

Valtiel stood up, politely bowing her head to the fox, a friendly smile across her face. She reached her hand out, accepting the stranger's handshake. Her grasp was firm and strong, but not painfully so. After she let her hand fall idly to her side.

"My sentiments exactly," Valtiel responded to Draken's statement about a friend of Shrike in her typically thick Aussie accent. She took a step back, giving the fox a look-over, a small hum emanating from her as Shrike mentioned his technical skills. Val could always use a tech on her payroll. She may have to consider seeing if he's for hire.

She gave the fox another nod, this time in approval. Her smile grows wider, and her eyes trail over to Shrike as he begins to introduce her literal partner in crime. The meat shield statement provoking a faint chuckle from her.

Sectus' halted his chores, about half-way done polishing the countertop. His optic locked onto Shrike, and then Draken. The lense of the optic zooming in a bit as the machine takes this time to fully analyze the stranger, which only took about a nanosecond. Sectus placed down the washcloth on the counter and raised his servo to wave at the fox. Like most E-Series, Sectus' right arm brandished a weapon, and his left, a hand-like servo.

"It is a pleasure, Mr. Draken!" Sectus stated pleasantly. "Please inform me if I could be of any assistance!"

With that, both Val and Sectus look over to Shrike as he makes his abrupt departure from the bar. Valtiel let's out a perplexed 'hmm' before shrugging it off.

"Me pops taught me a thing or two 'ere and there. Played me-self a lotta Street Fighter, King 'o Fighters, Mortal Kombat, and Tekken back in the day too, if that counts." She snickers softly. "So, yer a tech guy, aye? Got anything ya specialize in?"
Valtiel
Valtiel
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:18 am

-Out side he stood watching the night sky, if there was one thing left to enjoy in the world it was this for me, giving him the time to look back an think, every thing that happened, current and future, truth be told there was not much left for him any more, now just a guy who goes from point A to be B doing as he is told by he's friend miles away, the whole town guardianship thing was but a memory now.

For a so called town riddled with what Val said were gangs, mobs, criminals and so much more it was...quiet to say the least, course any thing could change at any time. As he watched the the night clouds cover in and pass over the moon high above, he noticed he's vision obscured...well it looks like he had not cleared he's visor in some time, smudge marks and blur spots all over the iconic blue visor. 

Shrike quickly stepped away from any visible windows of the bar, checking he's immediate left and right before, unclipping the sides of he's helmet, a small gush of air decompressed as Shrike pulled it off of he's head.

He took a quick glance at the night sky with out he's helmet on, sure look a hell of a lot better with out it on he's head, he then flipped it back over and around so that he was staring down into the visor it self, he could see he's reflection, not a perfect rendition but it was goo enough, gently using he's elbow he began to wipe and clear the marks across it.

"Man oh man I really need to take better care of this thing."

-He spoke in hes natural unfiltered voice, ever so often to check the visor before resuming the quick cleaning process, until it was as clean as he could get it back to be.-

"Well...back we go then I guess."

-He said with a sigh before slipping the helmet back over he's head, the clips locking in and pressurizing with a squeeze of air, rolling he's neck a couple of times to release some pent up stress. Shrike made he's way back, he's foot steps heard before he comes back into view of the bar, taking one last glance at the yellowish white moon before, returning back into the bar. 

Upon entering he noticed that Val and Darken were making conversation, not wanting to interupt Shrike stood by the door way, leaning against the metal frame of the door, watching any one who passed by, almost as if he just took Val's spot to watch her bar with out it even crossing he's mind, he ever so often glanced back at the pair before returning he's gaze back to the dark out side.

Many walks of life here it seems, some of the civilians eyed him as he passed by the street upon which the bar sat on, he followed each of them as they went by, perhaps they never seen some one like him, perhaps it was all the gear, or something entirely different, regardless he remained where he was, carefully listening in at the two Mobians talking to each other.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:14 am

Darken smiled at the robot, he'd have much to talk about with the pair of them later about the E-series android. He'd been involved in building machines before, but never anything big, mostly just upgrades, attachments and the like, but anything he could learn could be used elsewhere too.

Indeed it was a wonder as to what exactly Shrike needed to 'check up on' but the freelancers business was his own, and he respected that. 

He chuckled at Val's mentioning of learning her skills from video games, but at the same time, sometimes learning from family can be the best way to learn. Not that the fox could really relate though.

"Yeah, I guess I'm a bet of a techie, I mostly specialise in Engineering Design and Programming, but basically anything you need, I can give it a go. Every once in a while I get commissioned by someone, but the pay isn't that great."

He looked around at the rather well-built establishment, it had some fine decor, and seemed to be in pretty good shape.

"What about you, what convinced you to start up a business as a bartender?"

He watched as Shrike came back into the building, leaning on the front door frame. The soldier seemed pretty quiet, and appeared content for the two of them to continue their conversation, but at the same time, he didn't want his old friend to be left out.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Valtiel Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:54 am

Valtiel leaned up against the counter of her establishment, an intrigued expression plastered across her face as the fox described his specialties.

The corners of Valtiel's mouth perk up as she makes a mental note of the Fox's mention of commissions. Seems like he's open to being a tech for hire after all. It was definitely something she would need to utilize, or at least let him have a go at it. She had plenty of spare parts from her cage fights with robots, and Sectus always needed upgrades.

"Commissions, aye? That's what I like ta hear. Always been fond of friends fer hire. Any good with weapons and armor? Sectus is due a few upgrades."

Valtiel's statement made it even more evident that Sectus was more than just a butler or a bartender. He was a machine of war playing bodyguard. It makes one wonder what kind of situations she gets involved in to merit that level of protection. The answer wasn't a simple one either.

"Welcome back, Sire Shrike!" Sectus greeted the armor clad soldier as he entered the bar once more. Sectus was just finishing polishing up the counter top.

Val's eyes drifted momentarily to the front door, catching sight of Shrike, before returning to the fox. Draken's question seemed to have provoked a mixed response from Valtiel. At first she frowns softly, but once her eyes dart back to Shrike and Sectus a more confident expression took it's place.

"Heh, I opened up me bar ta lay low for a bit, take a break from bustin' shit up."

Valtiel replied with a half truth, not quite wanting to go into all the details regarding her situation. Though she let out a telling sigh, one that expressed there was more to the story than she was telling.

Val then turned her attention to Shrike, gesturing him to come on in and close the bar door behind him.

"C'mon in, Shrike. Don't let too much o' the cold air in. We really ought to get ya cleaned up, maybe get some food in yer belly. Draken, do ya mind if we hop over ta the warehouse next door? Might 'ave some work for the two 'o ya if yer interested. Perhaps we can discuss the details over a bit 'o grub?"
Valtiel
Valtiel
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:47 am

-Shrike leaned against the door side looking out side while the duo talked away, he slowly lifted he's head to see a couple of ladies walking by who seemed to eye him, he watched them slowly pass by as they kept eye contact with him before vanishing off into the dark alley way, Shrike slowly looked back at Val wondering if she even saw them staring at him before return he's gaze outside, gently fiddling with he's glove upon he's right hand. 

He was wondering if that might of sparked a bit of Jealousy from the jackle wolf, some times such acts could be..amusing to know and see.

It seemed like Darken was not so nervous any more talking, Shrike throwing him in the deep in to make convos was normal, some times it was a way for him to leave for a short period of time to check on himself.

He listened closesly hearing her take a break from beating up shit to open up the bar, ah some things never changed he shook he's head with a smile as he thought of it.-

"Some things never change tough fluff...and that ain't a bad thing either...but then again some change is good. I could do with a overhaul myself...heh."

-Val gestured to the lone figure to come over to them and shut the door, he did so exactly as she told and closed the door with a gentle click before the worn out figure made he's way back to the trio at the counter top.-

"Yea yea I know but you guys shouldn't worry about it to much, you got all that fluff to keep you guys worn..heh...I guess you right..been doing a pretty shitty job at looking after myself...

-He gently sighed for a moment before seating himself down on a chair directly to the left of Val- 

"I should...be good for now...Darken..well I guess it's on the house for him.....

-The last comments to come from Val were about heading to a local warehouse, apprently she had some kind of "Work" for them to do, what this work was or about well he hoped it would be nothing to radical, looking taken down bandits or thugs or some kind of criminal mastermind.-

"Yea sure tough fluff I am up for a bit of work just as long as it doesn't get us killed, how about you Darken..you up for it ?" 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:26 am

Darken looked over to the E-series robot again, still amazed by the fact that an Empire robot was standing in the same room as him. It wasn't often that robots turned, or were turned, and even then they were mostly taken in for questioning, analysis and deconstruction. 

He'd aided in doing that before, taking apart robots recovered from Empire facilities and skirmishes, GUN wasn't the best place to work. While he didn't expect to go into the job with heroic flags and outstanding patriotism, he'd at least expected something better than what the reality was.

"Yeah, I specialise in robotic parts, so if Sectus ever needs anything I'd be more than glad to take a look. Plus Weapons and Armour, I've designed a few sets of that for myself and a few friends, if your were interested in some?"

With the experience that he had pulling apart empire robots, the fox new full well that they were no laughing matter, a single machine could easily take down a squad of men alone, let alone mobians. And he wasn't any stranger to such things either.

He noticed the uneasy expression on the hybrid's face upon his asking of the question. The fox always seemed to stumble across the best way to ask questions the wrong way.

"Ah nice. I wasn't meaning to be rude or anything, just curious is all. I closed down my shop a few years ago so that I could bust some shit up. But I've had to open it back up again to keep the bills payed."

She let out a very familiar sigh, one that he had found himself letting out quite often, especially in the recent months. But before he could delve any deeper into the subject, Val motioned for shrike to come over.

Shrike mentioned the fact that the fox and Val were both covered in fur, to which Darken responded with outstretched arms and a rather exasperated sigh, motioning to his currently damp fur and soaked T-shirt. His face looked rather ridiculous in all honesty, with all of the fur drooping down over his eyes and mouth. The fox had attempted to keep the excess out of his eyes at least while talking to Val, but that single motion of turning to Shrike had dropped it all down again.

Then the soldier in green came and took a seat next to the Wolf-Jackal Hybrid.

"No, no. It's fine, I can pay for my meal, I brought my wallet with me. Heck, that's why I came out here in the first place. And also, yeah, I'm up for a little adventure. May need to stop by my place first to grab some things before we start though."
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Valtiel Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:00 am

Valtiel did not seem to notice the group of ladies passing by, at least she pretend she didn't. In all reality, she had a lot to focus on at the moment, so she decided to write them off. Of course they'd stare, he's fully clad in beaten up armor.

She returned her gaze to Draken, a warm smile crossing her lips, happy to hear that she finally knew a tech expert, and one she could buy off, too.

"Aye, both Sectus and I could use an upgrade in the weapons and armor department. Hell, I got plenty 'o guns 'n ammo we can give a look-see too."

During her tenure as a gun-runner, Valtiel naturally still had some product lying around. Even if she didn't use guns herself, she knew she may have to sell some again, or had plans to upgrade Sectus with something other than a flamethrower.

"Not a problem, mate. I ain't takin' offense... Don't ya worry 'bout it. Aye, if ya stick with me ya won't have ta worry 'bout payin' bills anymore."

Valtiel seemed confident in her ability to make money, rightfully so. She's made quite a lot of cash. Sometimes money came by easier than other times, but she could always find a way.

She gave the former soldier a sharp grin, chuckling softly at the new nickname she seemed to have received. Tough Fluff. She found herself to be both amused and fond of the nickname. Her eyes following him as he found his spot beside her. She gave him yet another look-over. He definitely didn't look "good for now" but she understood he probably didn't want to take his helmet off. She let out a deep sigh.

"What would you like to eat, Sir?" Sectus prompted Draken, offering his assistance. "We do not have too much, but hopefully our menu will suffice!" Sectus stated, reaching for one of the menus on his side of the counter and placing it in front of him to browse.

There really wasn't all too much there. Really, the only thing on the menu was eggs, bacon, and various steaks. Nothing very fancy. It was primarily a bar, after all.

When Shrike mentioned the possibility of getting killed, both Sectus and Valtiel exchanged glances before they both burst into laughter. Even the posh AI I'm the E-Series found it humorous. Valtiel was a woman of danger, she was hardly known for low risk jobs, especially when she had to hire outside help, with the exception of hiring someone to make upgrades to Sectus.

"Wishful thinking, I'm afraid, Sire Shrike." Sectus responded, a jovial tone in his vocalizer.

"No it ain't," Val replied to Sectus before responding to Shrike, having recovered from her outburst of laughter. Her face still plastered with a wide grin. "Ain't gonna get ya killed if ya don't die. Just gonna leave it at that. Don't worry though, we ain't gonna be stupid 'bout it. Stoppin' by yer place ain't an issue, Draken."
Valtiel
Valtiel
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:21 pm

-Shrike didn't butt into their convo at all instead just sat here quietly having he's left hand index finger circling on the counter top as he seemed to be caught up in he's only little world of thought. It didn't seem to phase or bother him but no one really could see what was going on inside he's mind, hell pretty sure he didn't know half the time either.

Just because he didn't say any thing didn't mean he was not listening to them speak, tho they seem to get along just fine, better then he thought, no conflict or stand off nature. 

Shrikes denial of food was probably predictable at best, that and he was not feeling so great either so there was that as well. Tho it was because if there was food he had to take off the helmet to eat it, and despite it being years and years later the guy never even budged or considered such a feat. 

Shrikes mention of the job at hand and the possibly of being killed upon their reaction of laughter at "being killed" didn't sit well with Shrike at all, sure one could make a joke of it..but either of them would be joking if he didn't come back, if there was one thing he didn't make fun of was that very thing, because he knew what death does in the end. 

Ontop of that he was hoping for a easier job after all this time, it was either getting he's ass handed to him, a close call, being shot at, punched at, stabbed at or who the hell knows what else. Perhaps it was just wishful thinking just as Sectus said.

"Very well, what is the job...."

-Shrike seemed to be wanting to get to it already, no sooner had he already gotten off he's chair and checked he's fire arm, making he's way towards the entrance, waiting for the details on the said assignment, onto of not feeling so good or in good shape now was a little aggro, and a aggro guy with a large weapon could be very dangerous. Given he's unpredictable nature.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:50 am

((I'm really sorry about my late reply, I got swamped with assignments, hopefully I'll be able to start replying regularly))

He noted the rather friendly smile that was plastered on the Val's face, and he found himself believing he was in good company, almost as if he'd known her for years. Which wasn't really that possible since he'd only been getting out and into the world for little less than a full year.

She mentioned the usefulness of an upgrade, specifically in the aforementioned Armour and Weaponry area.

"Well then that shouldn't be a problem. I'd be glad to give your equipment a look over some time."

Darken also still had a few scraps of his old commissions lying about his house, rather messily strewn about the apartment, but still something that could be salvageable, and hopefully useful.

"Ah, ok, I was just making sure. That doesn't sound too bad, Means I still get to do my old job without having to do it for GUN."

The E-series robot, Sectus offered the fox one of the menus from under the counter, a which seemed a little odd for a bar, but considering the quality of the pub's fine design, it wasn't too far of a stretch to understand the usefulness of individual menus.

He began to look over the menu for something small, to eat quickly so as to ensure that they could move on with the mission, he didn't want to delay any further than needed, and he'd have to skip the alcohol, getting influenced probably wouldn't be the best idea before undertaking a job.

Val's outburst of laughter caused him to jump in fright, it's sudden and loud nature scaring the fox. But after the initial adrenaline rush, he calmed down, a mere fright was all that he'd received, nothing traumatic.

"Alright, It's not too far from here. Anything you'd recommend, Sectus?"
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Valtiel Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:04 am

((It's not a problem! Things got pretty busy for me a bit a go, so don't worry about it! Welcome back!))

Valtiel's grin faded quickly once she saw Shrike's reaction, her expression forming into one of concern. She sat in silence for a moment, pondering what it was she said or did, not quite grasping the weight of her response. She wasn't exactly an expert when it came to socialization, but she could tell when someone was upset. The fact she happened to make Shrike upset seemed to upset her too, making her take a deep sigh and reflect on the past few moments.

It wasn't too long until the realization finally hit her and she was flooded with a sense of guilt. Shrike must have thought they were laughing at the possibility of Shrike dying, not at all the message Val wanted to send to her favorite mercenary.

"Glad ta have ya aboard, Darken! Please excuse me a moment."

Valtiel was too distracted by the idea of her having upset Shrike and felt the urge to set things right or at least let him know that she cared and didn't meant anything by it. With a deep sigh the pretty jackal-wolf pushed herself off of her seat, taking a moment to brush off her tracksuit before approaching Shrike from behind, wrapping her arms around him to console him.

Naturally, Sectus' optic initially followed Valtiel as she pushed herself up from her stool and approached the mercenary, which was when he finally noticed Shrike's unusually gloomy disposition at the moment. For a moment the E-Series considered apologizing to Shrike, but figured maybe it was best if Valtiel took care of that affair, especially now, picking up a voice addressing him.

The E-Series then locked it's optic onto Darken once more, the bright blue orb glimmering as Sectus seemed to have been in the middle of processing something. The posh robot let out an audible hum, mimicking the noise an organic would make when thinking, taping a single digit against the surface of the counter for several moments.

"After reviewing the data, our Salisbury Steak seems to be our best received product! Shall I cook one up for you, Sir Darken?"

As Sectus tended to Darken, Val tended to Shrike, hoping she didn't upset him too bad.

"Aye, big guy. We didn't mean a thing by it. Of course yer gonna live, no way am I gonna let me favorite Merc die. Just gotta reputation fer dangerous jobs, ya know? Cheer up, mate, alright?"

Valtiel tried her best to comfort the soldier before unwrapping her arms from around him, giving his back a friendly pat.

Last edited by Valtiel on Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valtiel
Valtiel
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:27 pm

-Shrike stood at the entrance he's rifle across he's mid section as he looked at the window, sure he was not happy but as with all things it would eventually fade, right now he switched focus to the mission they wanted the two to fore fill, plenty of time to eat later, rather get it done and dusted now and come back in one piece.

Tho Shrike didn't hold grudges there were some things that did effect him on a serious scale, this was one of them, but he did not let he's rage get the better of him and wanted to forget about that side. Rage was only useful in a fight not for this. 

He had not turned back sooner to sense some one close to him suddenly wrap arms around him, it was Val, probably coming in an attempt to make amends to the nerve they struck with in him. While the embrace was nice he still felt....un ease at the moment. But having her near him did make it a little be easier.

Shrike had never quite seen a soft side of her before, he always knew Val as the tough one among the rest, the kind to never show affection of emotion but this..this seem to show that some where deep down there was something that knew of caring, perhaps Shrike didn't know the full picture...and maybe one day he could help her adjust to a better life but for now...he accept her apology.-

"Well as long as you need me alive and around I'll be there..I'v just seen far to many people experience loss and I know what it can do...but for now...let us get this job done for you, I just need the details and myself and Darken will get it done..." 

-Shrike returned a quick hug to the jackle wolf as a show of forgiveness but just like her he struggled with showing the same kind of affection, tho he was learning over time.-

"Come on Darken get your stuff we going soon...So Val what job you need us to do for you ?" 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:27 pm

At first, the grey fox failed to notice the strong change in emotion and facial expression of the wolf-hybrid, and Shrike was silent as always, never really leading on. But soon enough, it became apparent that something was up, and his eyes followed along with the E-series robots own optical sensor.

The fox hadn't clued in on what exactly had happened, and nor did he understand why. Darken couldn't say he was a social expoert either, quite often his actions had the opposite of the intended effect. Something he'd struggled to deal with since befor his adventuring days.

Sectus looked once more at the fox, but the foxes attention was stuck on the Wolf and soldier, trying to make sense of what had just occurred. That was, until Sectus mentioned hom by name. Which did catch him by surprise. Of course he had been called sir before, and often referred to by his name, but never had he been called "Sir Sarken" something that would otherwise have caused him to chuckle.

Darken turned to sectus to order, but was cut short by Shrikes own voice, it seemed that hey we're in a bit more of a hurry than to be able to wait for a meal to be prepared.

"Sorry sectus, I don't think we've got time right now, Val and Shrike seem pretty eager." 

He put the menu down on the bar top. 

"Alright, shall we make way then?"

He stood up from his seat, allowing for the last of the water soaked into his clothes to drip to the floor, not too much though, certainly not enough to ruin the carpet at least.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next