Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasby City

2 posters

Go down

Glasby City Empty Glasby City

Post by Wolf478 Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:15 am

Glasby
City around the River

The City of Glasby isn't the biggest city on the face of the earth, a population of less than one million, but of course with a population high enough to function properly. It certainly isn't bustling in terms of liveliness, but there is almost always someone around, and definitely not a ghost town.

Glasby City Brisbane-river-13711

Glasby is located on the hard turn of the Farlab Saltwater River, cutting its way through the rain-forests in the remote islands south of Adabat. Surrounded by greenery and wildlife, the city is relatively peaceful, despite the hostile marine life present in the river waters, and the city usually stays quiet.

The people living in Glasby are tougher folk, used to the humidity and heat of being so close to the equator and the rough landscape of the rainforest surrounding them. Glasby has its own Airport, but is only connected to the outside world by it's Farlab Bridge, on the East side, leading off onto several dirt tracks, trailing off into the shrubbery.

History

The Cities History is linked closely to a mining rush that occured over 40 years ago, large Silver and Tin deposits were found in the surrounding area around what is currently known as Glasby, and even a coal seam directly beneath the main city and spreading out like a maze of of catacombs, and in some parts, connected to the Sewer Main.

Long gone are the days of the mining boom though, while less than 50 years ago, the resources were mined alarmingly quickly and the shafts and tunnels are almost completely dry, except for in the places where they've been flooded by the river or rain damage.

Besides this small piece of history, the city is mostly un-noteworthy, simply a quiet civilisation hidden amongst the trees and blessed by the river, while a popular vacation location, it isn't especially memorable.

3 years ago the city of Glasby bore witness to the destruction of its sister city Fenris. A thunderous blast echoed through the rainforest and the earth shook, bright lights erupted into the sky and illuminated the surrounding vegetation for miles.

A mass exodus occurred and thousands were moved into Glasby, roughly 20 miles away from Fenris or 'the Tin City'. 

2 Days later an official report was given claiming that the tragedy occured due to a failed underground nuclear reactor test.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Glasby City Empty Re: Glasby City

Post by TheBardPrincess Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:06 am

(Isn't Downunda from the comics, Sonic's Australia?)
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:27 am

ThePromiseIncarnate wrote:(Isn't Downunda from the comics, Sonic's Australia?)

It depends. Downunder isn't in the game cannon and even looking at a game cannon map there's nowhwere for it to fit. So as far as I know Adabat is the closest.

Although apparently the forum uses a mix of game and comic cannon so I'm not sure.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:53 am

Hm, alright.
I may add my own lore stuff to the forum soon. It only took me so long because I didn't know how best to format it.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:59 am

Yeah, I was a bit confused on how to format the lore stuff myself, I think I ended up checking out Lyquid's Songshu mountains and using that as a guide.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what you've got ^3^
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down