Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Wasteland (Open RP)

+3
WhiteFang
SparkleSwirl
Sayo-the-merc
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Welcome to the Wasteland (Open RP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to the Wasteland (Open RP)

Post by SparkleSwirl Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:56 am

She looks it over as he examines it. "Uh yeah, sure." Miri says, not seeming particularly interested in the description he's giving. She stands up and goes to look around the rest of the room.

She sets her backpack on a table before opening a few attached drawers. Mostly specialized utensils, which isn't really a surprise. She pulls a shirt out of her bag and wraps a butcher's knife in it before popping them both into the bag, along with a sharpening steel.
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

http://toyhou.se/SparkleSwirl

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Wasteland (Open RP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to the Wasteland (Open RP)

Post by Sayo-the-merc Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:06 am

He starts wrapping the cheese in some cloth and put it in his bag along with the gun. He looks inside the safe once more and finds what seems to be a note. After pulling it out, he starts to read it.

'Dear Patty,

Everything that is happening here, it just made me realize how much I feel for you. Even as the fallout comes down, I want you to know that I love you no matter what. I'm already dying, must be the radiation killing me. Be safe out there.

Love,
Roger'

Sayo simply rolls his eyes, crumples up the note and tosses it away. He was never a believer in love and such things. After tossing it away, he digs deeper to look inside the safe.
Sayo-the-merc
Sayo-the-merc
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:13 am

There's a little rhythmic ding, like a message alert. Miri instantly goes to retrieve the arm-band. She flips the switch to off before putting it on, though. 

There's a wallet hidden near the back of the safe, but after that? Not anything past a bit of lint. Not much gets kept grocery store safes, it seems.
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-the-merc Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:24 am

"This place is fortified at least. Good in case any sand or rad storms come out way." Sayo said as he moves away from the safe, sits down on a chair and starts eating a snack cake. "Okay. Now for the nitty gritty...." He turns to her. "Who are you?"
Sayo-the-merc
Sayo-the-merc
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:29 am

"Hmm? Miri." she says, just glancing up from buckling the armband into place. "Or uh, d'ya mean like what kinda job I had? S'usually what people are more interested in, given ya know..." 

She motions kinda vaguely about.
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-the-merc Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:45 am

"I don't do vague stuff. Now all I'm asking is your life story. After that, I'll tell you my own." Sayo said as he puts the rifle down and takes out his revolver, examining it a bit.
Sayo-the-merc
Sayo-the-merc
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:52 am

"Oh, tha's all?" she responds with a slight snort. 

She hops up to sit on one of the tables and starts settling a few things better in her bag. "I was a mechanic, sorta? More like a tinkerer, I guess." She zips it up up and turns her head to look at him. "S'just that, really. Nothin' too interestin'. Handyman jobs and little quests for people'd hire me for it here 'n there, then survivin' this stuff."
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-the-merc Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:04 am

"I see. In my case, I was PMC. A mercenary pretty much. Still am though. I take jobs of many kinds, but I was more of a black ops soldier. I'm pretty much a survivalist and had a feeling something that all this would come. But preparing for it and seeing it all come to life are two different things." Sayo said as he twirls his revolver a bit and holsters it like a cowboy of the Wild West.
Sayo-the-merc
Sayo-the-merc
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:08 am

She nods and tugs her back back onto her shoulders. "Doesn't seem like yer havin' too hard a time of it."
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-the-merc Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:16 am

"You can thank my military training and some survival training I had from my closest people I had as parents. They were part of the Wolf Pack." He draws out his knife, which bears a unique tribal design. "This is a hunting/combat knife used by the warriors of the Wolf Pack. It was given to me by the one I called 'Father'."
Sayo-the-merc
Sayo-the-merc
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:20 am

She seems to be listening, but really doesn't seem that interested. "S'gotta be better trainin' for this kinda thing than bein' a handyman, 't least." 

Miri fiddles with her necklace a bit, moving a finger back and forth over the two holes on it that together look like a socket.  
"The design on it's interestin'."
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-the-merc Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:28 am

"If you don't mind seeing a lot of blood and death that is." He said as he sheathes the knife. Opening his pack, he takes out a flare gun and looks at the low number of flares he got. "Well that just sucks..." He mutters as he puts the flare gun back in his pack.
Sayo-the-merc
Sayo-the-merc
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:35 am

"S'what's around now anyway." She hops down off of the table and goes to walk back into the main area of the store, hoping to grab just a few extra supplies. 

It's good to stock up when possible, but she also doesn't want to risk getting over-encumbered.
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-the-merc Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:40 am

"Crazies, raiders, creatures, old evil robots...the works. Your typical day in the Mobian Wasteland." Sayo said as he gets up and puts his mask back on, than puts his hood on as well.
Sayo-the-merc
Sayo-the-merc
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:45 am

Miri takes her pick of a few little packages of food and a few bottles of water sitting in a drink display. With everything settled in her bag she starts for the exit, ready to head out and keep moving.

But also to get away from the smell of rotten produce.
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-the-merc Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:50 am

"Let's get outta here." Sayo said as he starts to walk off, having gotten the needed supplies. But he gets the feeling that there could be other survivors nearby.
Sayo-the-merc
Sayo-the-merc
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:58 am

She grabs a candy bar from a cash register display as she leaves, opening it up and eating it as they walk.

Miri isn't sure if he's decided that they're travelling together, or if he just wanted to see her out of the store before anyone dangerous showed up hunting for resources, or any other thing, really. 

She's a bit too pleased with her newly charged weapon and the additions to her supplies to care, though.
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-the-merc Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:04 am

Sayo stops and starts looking around. Something in his gut is telling him that there is coming bad just waiting to happen. "Handywoman...you any good with that weapon of yours?" He asks as he cocks his rifle.
Sayo-the-merc
Sayo-the-merc
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:26 am

"Good 'nough. Why?" she asks, looking over at him skeptically. It seems pretty about, from her perspective. About as peaceful as a barren wasteland could be.
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-the-merc Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:32 am

The sound of guns firing is heard, with bullets impact sounds near them. "Get to cover!!" He yells as he moves behind a car. He than takes aim with his DMR and fires a few shot, hitting some of their attackers. "Raiders...just great..."
Sayo-the-merc
Sayo-the-merc
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:38 am

She doesn't have to be told twice.

After hearing the shots she darts behind a car herself, then tugs off her necklace and armband. She plugs them into eachother and there are a few mechanical clicks as they form together, the armlet into a hilt and the large metallic pendant extending up into a cylindrical "blade."

Electrical crackling can be heard as it powers up.
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-the-merc Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:42 am

The raiders are laughing, almost as though they are getting a high from this assault. They continue to fire at them. "Amateurs..." Sayo mutters as he moves up and starts firing once again, getting a few head shots.
Sayo-the-merc
Sayo-the-merc
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:45 am

Miri can't quite do anything with her sword at this distance. Outside of letting the battery drain, of course. She stays low and darts to another source of cover, a bit closer to the sound of the Raiders. 

She tries to stay out of their sight as she does.
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayo-the-merc Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:00 am

"Come out and play!!" One of them yells out. Sayo than steps out and does the unexpected: He fires what seems to be a lightning bolt at the one who spoke, shocking him to death. "Shut up.." The merc mutters as he kept firing at them, making them go back to cover.
Sayo-the-merc
Sayo-the-merc
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:20 am

Miri stays where she is for the time being, just kind of watching. No need to bring a knife to a gun fight, at least not at the moment.
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next