Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Rainy Day

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

A Rainy Day - Page 2 Empty Re: A Rainy Day

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:59 pm

"Now!" The demon stood, dusting himself off from the slightly damp floor. He groaned upon looking at the sky through the glass - still raining. Picking up his woolly hat and placing it on his head (only to be punctured by his curved horns) , Gueton extended his hand to help her up. "I could really go for a warm drink and meal. Could you, fair Rapture?"
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:07 pm

She smiled. "Yes, that would be lovely."

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:16 pm

"And of course, a gentleman always pays~" With another flash of a smile, the demon took a step into the rain, "Ah, drat. Unfortunately I don't have an umbrella on me. Unless you have one yourself, do you mind the rain at all?"
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:17 pm

She held his hand. "No, it's alright, I love the rain."

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:35 pm

"Ah, how fortunate! Saves waiting, no?" Entwining his fingers with hers, as she did earlier, the goat demon led her down the street, humming to himself and his tail gently swaying side to side, no longer dragging across the floor so harshly. "So, my dear, may I ask what you do for a living? Unless that's, of course, a personal question, in which cause I will pry no further."
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:49 pm

She got nervous. "Uh...That's a very personal question." She didn't want to tell him that she killed for a living.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:54 pm

"Then I shall question no further! Why, it would be rude of me to do so, would it not?" he replied, watching the rain drizzle down, several drops landing on his nose and forehead, which caused him to roll his eyes, only to get another in his eyes and therefore cause a mass blinking session. "And feel free to ask question to me, if you so wish. I'm not the type of person to lie, after all."
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:56 pm

She chuckled at him, and wiped the drops out of his eyes. "Hmm...Do you like me?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:06 pm

That wasn't what he expected. He expected something about his job, where he came from and so on and so forth, but that was normally a question he wasn't prepared for. With a sigh and a grin, he replied.

"Why would I not? You are, after all, a very dashing woman. And to be concerned about me on top of that? Ah, now that is rare!" Shaking his head to remove settling droplets from his head, those odd white eyes softened, "Why, I find it an honor in itself you would allow me to take you for lunch." There was another uncertain glance towards the shattered glass of the bus shelter as he bit his lip, but with a sigh Gueton decided worrying about that would simply ruin this day.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:15 pm

She smiled. She noticed a friend of hers, that was in the same mafia, in a building above, giving a thumbs up. She was confused. Her friend aimed and shot. She quickly grabbed him, moved him out of the way, and kissed him. She didn't want him to get shot. But...in the midst of pure bliss, she felt a sharp pain. She let him go, looked down at her hip, that was bleeding. She had been shot.
She collasped onto the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:35 pm

Before the demon was about to ask what exactly she was looking at to catch her attention so quickly, that kiss caught him off guard. Now, he was raised to expect the unexpected, so the unexpecdted becomes the expected, but the sudden lips upon his own lips was something he was certainly not expecting. Now, it would be a lie to say he'd never been kissed before, and it would also be a lie to say he wasn't good at doing so, but the sudden act of doing so, so suddenly, after knowing her for, what, 5 minutes? Well, his eyes pretty much shot out of his head.

Speaking of 'shot'...

The roar of gunpowder caused him to break away from the kiss and gasp. The same sound was from earlier! Then who in the HELL was picking off people?! Even evil had standards! ...Okay maybe not, but HE had standards! ...Well he wasn't evil, BUT THE POINT STILL STANDS. And standing? Rapture was not. As the poor girl fell, the goat stood, completely confused and shocked. Al that was put to the side as she collapsed, and he could almost feel his heart stop. His hands gripped hers and squeezed hard, eyes looking into her own, panic flaring through his. He couldn't speak, but oh gods he could feel.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:42 pm

She couldn't focus. Everything was going black. She tried to fight it but she couldn't. She tried to look at him but she couldn't. It was difficult to breathe. Is this what death felt like? She had sympathy for the ones she had murdered. Her eyes rolled back, and her blood spreading quickly. She tried to wake up, she tried. She tried to live, but she couldn't. She was near death. And her breaths were slow and shallow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Gueton cursed under his breath, tapping his chin thinking what the best course of action would be. Now, what stops a bleeding wound? One is healing magic, which unfortunately he had none as much as he wanted it. Another is a healing potion, but unfortunately he couldn't see that timid armadillo and his feathery friend anywhere in sight. Drat. Well... the last option...

...The last option would involve painting his glorious white cravat red. Oh dear.

Removing the cloth from his neck (while cringing all the while), the goat demon began to wrap it around the flowing red wound in her thigh. Removing the bullet would be impossible, so of course he hoped and prayed this would be enough. Finishing twirling it around the wound, he gave a firm tug and tied the ends in a knot. The rain was still pouring down, yet he had a feeling the drops falling down his face wasn't rain, but sweat.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:02 pm

She tried to hang on,...but it all slipped away. She was dead. She gasped for air, but her heart gave up on her. She layed there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:14 pm

Being a child of a mythical demon who resides in Sheol, a section of the Underworld, you come to accept death as a regular thing. Hell, you get a lot of look-a-like job-stealing Death copies who claim to be the Grim Reaper, so death is sort of a thing you just shrug off and accept that it happens to everyone at some point, considering you either go Up or Down when you die.

But seeing death before your eyes, watching ones life burn out of them, staring as their eyes go blank and their breath vanish, every single time it's heartbreaking, no matter how many times you see it in a daily basis.

So the goat demon, his hands still squeezing the now-cold hands of Rapture, raised his head towards the stormy sky, the rain drizzling across the face and the body of the assassin in his grip. Squinting his eyes together, his hands squeezing as hard as they could, Gueton Versil finally slumped, and silently wept.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:17 pm

It was silent. Until a girl, noticed him. "....You alright?" The girl knew Rapture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:24 pm

"Just. Peachy," Gueton replied, gritting his teeth. Best impressions best impressions best impressions. "Did you know her? Rapture?" he asked, turning his head to the side, his white hair plastered against his face from the rain, from the sweat, and from the tears. All it needed was blood, and the set would be complete.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:30 pm

"Yes. I know her." She looked at him. "I....shot her."

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:33 pm

If he was drinking, he would have spat it out. "That's... certainly a bold statement to make," he said, turning to her, his eyes awfully tired, "Though what, did you have a grudge against her? Because I don't understand why you would."

"Or why you'd openly admit that. Most assassins keep it to themselves."
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:37 pm

"It was an accident. I was aiming for you. She was trying to kill you. And...I wanted to help her out."
She bent down to her. "But....I'm a healer."

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:41 pm

Hold on.
Hooooooold on.
The goat's head snapped up, and there was only one thing he really focused on when the woman spoke. One thing which caused everything else to make a whole lot of sense.
"She was the one who tried to kill me earlier." BEST IMPRESSIONS BEST IMPRESSIONS BEST IMPRESSIO- aww screw it. "WHAT?!" The goat demon stood, a mixture between anger and confusion within those white eyes, his teeth grinding together. "Why is everyone trying to kill me suddenly?!"
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:43 pm

"Shut up. At least I'm willing to heal her."

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:52 pm

"What I want to know is why I'm suddenly a target for every damned assassin in the area!" the demon growled, his tail lashing from side to side, "No wonder she was trying to get close to me! No wonder she wouldn't tell me her job! No wonder she suddenly had interest in me within a few seconds!" Fists clenched, Gueton turned. If he could exhale smoke from his nostrils from the rage, he would. "Now, I'm going to head home."

He clicked his gloved fingers. Suddenly, exploding into a pattern of red, appeared a circular mix of strange symbols, hovering in the air. Just looking at this strange symbol-filled red circle made hair stand on edge and spines crawl. "Hopefully I won't be killed before I take a few steps."
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:55 pm

She healed her, and left. Rapture jolted awake, "Where's Gueton?! Where is he?!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:01 pm

"In Hell," Gueton replied, turning to give a surprisingly cold glare to her. Before she had time to register what was actually going on, he strolled through the portal, the red light enveloping his body with an ominous light. He said nothing more, as the portal blinked from existence, taking the goat demon with it.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum